Search found 39 matches

Return

Re: Always show values of input gain, HPF/LPF filters.

And for the filters in the Channel Settings window please - no 'hovering' should be needed.

Thank you for listening.
by Puma0382
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 MAGNETO II sounds wonderful!

wasn't the post "THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!" enough to express your appreciation for Cubase 7.5? do you plan to raise the bar by creating a dedicated post for each new feature?
Leave the frikkin' guy alone, will you..? For chrissakes... he's happy ..!! He's making music, he likes his cubase, he's thanked SB, he's a bit excited and he's happy..! That's it. Deal with it... jeez..

You can just walk past if you do see another great FreddieH post, can't you..?

If only some more had done so, in his other thread too, instead of continually weighing in and just trampling all over it, with the result of it being locked.

Go Freddie..!! (oh, and go for those emoticons, like you used to - it doesn't harm anyone, and you are the ONLY person who does it here; we should know the drill by now; its just a FreddieH thing - its what makes FreddieH, FreddieH..!)

(Sorry - back to topic now...)
by Puma0382
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APL peaks at starting up C7

I see this every time here too; no idea why. I notice it will also show randomly whilst working on a project, again for no reason it seems. I've not loaded anything else, mainly working in audio, done a little editing, maybe some plugin tweaking - the same work that NEVER sent this meter running into red on C6.5

Sorry, I've no clue.
by Puma0382
Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Key Editor improvements

See here how the Track Tools at right of screen (scroll down to third screenshot), could help enormously if implemented in Cubase's Key Editor, when working with multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously (in one Key Editor window...)
http://forum.cakewalk.com/X3here-it-isfor-real-Sept-28th-ship-date-wow-m2892317-p8.aspx#2893478

A good start (and possibly easy/quick to implement) in Cubase would be to simply add colour-coding visual alongside the corresponding track listings in the Drop-Down selector at top of screen (where you choose which track to display/edit). (See second screen-shot from above link).
by Puma0382
Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

SteveInChicago wrote:Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?

Patience, its on its way Steve (they say..)
by Puma0382
Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample Editor "Half-Level Axis"....

Well, In the open Sample Editor when I right click over the sample (wave) it's at the bottom of the list -- In Preferences/Editing/Tools "Pop-up toolbox on Right Click" is off = no tick

I noticed it while searching for the now non existent grid for Free Warp.
Ah..! Interesting; I just went to look again after reading your reply - yep, its there. Nice.

(and of course, if you hold down CTRL key whilst right-clicking - with 'toolbox popup' enabled in preferences - you get the full menu context list, with the 'Show Half-Levels' item right at the bottom).

(oh, and the grid for FreeWarp, we are told, is definitely coming back in the 7.5.20 update due around April..!) ;)

Cheers,
bob
by Puma0382
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample Editor "Half-Level Axis"....

Hey, do you know what - I'm not sure I've ever seen one..! Not at my machine now, but I will look later...
by Puma0382
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vintage Stomp Pack

Your prayers are answered..!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2014/03/12/article/half-price-yamaha-vintage-plug-in-collection-2723.html

(although, I just looked and the reduction doesn't seem to have got through to the prices quoted in the shop just yet - maybe it only happens at checkout..? I haven't tried that far. I am in the UK...)
by Puma0382
Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automation Value request

A couple of interesting tips from user 'likelystory' - the focus being the InfoLine at top; maybe not exactly what you are asking, but close...
viewtopic.php?p=343649#p343649
by Puma0382
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: grouping missed feature!!!

i used to be a protools user and i moved to cubase 2 years and i like it so much...there's a feature i like in protools which is when u r grouping 2 or more tracks(with volume automation on all these grouped tracks) when u change the volume of one track of the group, the volume of all the other tracks get changed too according to the one u r changing.. .in cubase when theres automation, even if u r in group or link mode, only the track u r working on is affected... this feature is very useful especially when u r mixing and u want to bring down the volume of the whole mix or the faders of all tracks in the mix...

Working fine, if you open the Automation panel and activate 'Trim' mode - then, as you move one fader, the others will adjust in a relative fashion (thats, relative to each other - exactly what I believe you're asking for. ;-))

Good luck..!
by Puma0382
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tab to Transient

Hi everyone,
I'm demo-ing Cubase 7.5 on my system. I am an experienced Cubase 6.5 user running it OS X Mountain Lion.
I was trying out the new 'Tab To Transient' feature on an audio track.
And while I noticed that the transients were displayed, when I hit 'Tab', I ended up cycling through the menus on the Inspector Window instead of transients on the audio track itself.

The only way that I could get it to behave like ProTools was using 'Go To Next Hitpoint' and 'Go To Previous Hitpoint' and the respective key commands which are Opt+N and Opt+B . (which worked great, of course)

Did I misunderstand that 'Tab To Transient' is not literally done using 'Tab'? Or is there some setting I'm missing.. Or is it just not in the demo version?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
This is the way to go..!

(Your misunderstanding is correct; that the interpretation of 'Tab to Transient' in Cubase is not literally done using the [Tab] key) ;)
by Puma0382
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madiabay output

Chris - he is talking about Master Buss - not bass..!

And I think he is merely doubling output when he says things are louder (by not disabling the mains when going through the CR). Perhaps you could point him to the manual pages or a KB article that explains things better (with pictures would be best)... I'm not at my main machine right now... :-)

Good luck..!
by Puma0382
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: feature request

There will be more drum kits and also style expansion packs for Groove Agent. And Jazz is definitely on our list.
Please Matthias, you must add some Nashville/Country styles and kits/beats/patterns to that list. You guys have friends in Nashville running Nuendo/Cubase at some great studios. If commissioned, they would surely love to help out, capturing some performances/sounds from some fantastic pro players out there... what do you think..?

Like the Jazz styles already mentioned, I'm convinced there's a sizeable market for (modern/trad) 'Country music', throughout Europe and the UK for example. As well as more of the USA itself maybe..! ;-)

Thanks for listening,
Bob
by Puma0382
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Variaudio Note Value Not Showing

...but i must say one of the most annoying and fiddly things i have found so far on Cubase is the way to add silence up to bar one on tracks ready for export.

With Pro-tools and also Sonar X3 i was using, it's simply drag the track out in the project window to bar one- as far as i can see from reading the manual and searching the web, you have to draw in silence, then glue it together to the original track, then bounce to tracks to achieve this in Cubase 7.5! What's that all about? Why Steinberg haven't made this a simple drag function like most other DAW's beats me.
Hey FunkyOne335 - You can achieve the same quite quickly in Cubase:-
Move your part(s) on a track forward one bar, then ensure the Left Locator is set to 'zero' bar. Your Right Locator can be wherever you want. Next, you can (solo the track and) export to get that 'extra' bars silence.

Or, you could use the Range tool (very powerful and quick) to highlight an area/length and use Bounce Selection to get a new file that's ready in The Pool (audio folder of the project) to import straight into PTools - quicker than drawing/gluing/bouncing etc.

Good luck,
Bob

PS:- thanks for the vote on the other thread - they do read this stuff..! Really..!
by Puma0382
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MP3 ID Tag - 'Genre' list (Audio Export window)

To be alphabetised, please...!! Its a little thing I know, but so handy and convenient to set your MP3's with this inside the app, at the moment you are working... ;)

http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=29673
by Puma0382
Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VST connect SE

Hi - as I understand it, you need a key from the person you are connecting to (the one who has the full VST Connect SE or Pro software). They are the ones who are setting up the session, and a key is generated for the 'Performer' (you..!) to enter in the Performer app that uniquely establishes a connection to the session.

They can send you notice of the key via email or a txt (SMS message)I guess.

Hope that helps.

Bob
by Puma0382
Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vari Audio 2 - It has ground breaking potential

Is it possible to select mutiple mono vocal tracks and enter the Vari2 multitrack editor?

Yes. If I'm understanding correctly, you either analyse the tracks individually and then select all and double-click on one; or, select all the tracks and double-click to open the sample editor and run VA within. Each track gets its own colour code. Is that what you wanted..?

Bob
by Puma0382
Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poll: Rate Cubase 8 first release stability

Tried the bass amp and did a lot of Render In Place, got 5 crashes , in no time. Worked for 10 hours on a project mainly mixing and no problems. It really depends on the usage.
I read the Bass Amp had a (crash) issue thats already been found and fixed, and will be available in the next update.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=409178#p409178
by Puma0382
Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Creating a New session...

Well I figured out how to save under Productions and then "Create" a new session, but when I do that, it doesn't retain the title I saved the session as. Say I title the session "This Song", when the Project window is up and running, the title of the session is "Untitled1". Question is why didn't it save as "This Song"?

In order to save it according to the title I want, I have to do a Save As.

In Pro Tools, when you start a new session, I save the session, and it retains the title, etc...
Again, when you're loading 'This Song' from one of those categories as you do, it is only loading as a 'starting' template for your new project. Then, as you say, you need to do a 'save as' with your new working title; it is just the way it works Dean. There have been requests to get it to work more like PTools - but architecturally, this may be a very involved/major project to re-code.
by Puma0382
Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Render In Mono

Hi Stephan - have a read up on the new 'Direct Routing' facility introduced at C8. Not at my machine for now, and not entirely sure of all its capabilities, but it allows routing to several destinations at once. So, if you set up one 'dummy' mono output in the VST Connections, add the DR (pointing to the dummy out) to those tracks you want as mono and batch export (choosing the dummy output).

This should save having to fuss with re-routing and/or setting the mono downmix in the Export Dialog, then re-routing back to how you had things, etc...

(Just thought, different routing in/outputs would be a neat addition to Track Versions capabilities...)

Anyway, I think I've got that right... I may have missed a detail or two... please, don't shoot me..!

It might help...

Good luck,
Bob
by Puma0382
Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ControlRoom Cue Fader Cap Color changes

Hold down a modifier (CTRL..? ALT..?) whilst clicking on each Cue to open more than one at a time... Its like that in the Inspector sections/tabs too, try it..! Then, with several sections open, you can also try out the new mousewheel 'scroll' ability... Be careful; only really works nice when the mouse pointer is on the 'blank' areas around the fader for example.

If you have the Inserts and Sends open too, and you place the mouse over the sends section to try a 'scroll', you probably only end up adjusting actual send level settings themselves..! Scroll doesn't seem to work at all if the mouse pointer is over the Inserts section; So, bit hit and miss...

And finally, this applies to the MixConsole (if you've chosen the option Show Exclusive, or something like that... the modifier will handily override) as well.

You've a fun packed Sunday ahead of you... :-)

Oh, and sorry, back on topic - I've not seen ANY colour shifting/changing with the fader caps over here, ever..!

Good luck.!

Bob
by Puma0382
Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 6.5 the fastest and trouble-free Cubase?

Historically, it could be argued that Cubase 6.5.x was/is so good, because you have to look at where it came from. It took around 6 years of constant development and improvement to get to where it ended up (from the release of the then 'brand new' Cubase 4 codebase, 2006). July 2013 was when the final C6.5.5 shipped.

Compare to:-
- Cubase 7 series, the next new 'major shift' architecturally, took around a couple of years to get to where it was broadly considered 'rock solid', 'stable', 'reliable', in the marketplace etc, etc...

- Cubase 8 (building on the C7 series code), with its audio engine re-write, PC windows management/handling improvements (never before tackled) and other stuff, has been with us barely 8 weeks/40 working days, minus the Xmas/New Year holiday period.

My point.? Give it another year or so before Cubase 8.x.x is as worthy as or valid of being talked about/remembered/cherished/relied upon, as fondly as C6.x.x

IMO

Bob

PS:- having said all that, I'm perfectly happy at 7.5 and have no need for C6 any more; another update I reckon, before the move proper to C8 for me.
by Puma0382
Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Click and drag in Time Scale (zoom) delay

This is not new to C8. The change in behaviour started at C7; here's the thread from the old (Read Only) C7 Feature Request forums:-
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=38907

And a follow-up thread at C7.5
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=35628

So, its known about within SB Towers... what will be done and when (or even if..!) is anyone's guess. All I ask for is an option in preferences, to turn the darn annoying 'delay' off... so those who like it can keep it.

I suggest getting in touch, to let them know your wishes on this; change can happen...!
by Puma0382
Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Smooth/Smart Automation

what advanced bezier, clip-based automation can/should look like in this day & age btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxfXB9lCvtk#t=284
Thanks for posting this; being more of an audio focused guy, am often blind to this level of MIDI and automation sophistication/intelligence that's out there... very impressive. And, it looks like FUN..!! :)

Not that it will affect me either way really, but FWIW, good luck at getting some attention to this..!

Bob
by Puma0382
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 24 Ports via ADAT and Minimum 16 ports of Analog Needed

And this helps 'solve' his situation/concern how exactly..?

(I'm curious myself about this... potential summer purchase coming up...)
by Puma0382
Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 24 Ports via ADAT and Minimum 16 ports of Analog Needed

Ok - thats clearer; thank you Fabio for taking the time... I guess I have my answers for now.

Cheers,
Bob
by Puma0382
Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8.0.10 is here

Oh great... this hasn't been fixed: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=75763

Did they "forget" about restoring this once properly working thing...?

:evil:

This highlights the point I was trying to make. The date on the confirmed issue is Feb 21 2015. The date of the build is Feb 22 2015. :lol:

It's not getting fixed in a day from being assigned to a developer, much less being confirmed on the public-facing forum.

This is why I think it's good for Steinberg to continue the good practice of keeping the Collected Issues forum up to date.

Why waste valuable criticism airtime on bugs not humanly possible to fix, in such a short time, when there are so many other bugs and features that deserve the spotlight that have been outstanding for years.
And you're 'laughing-out-loud' at what exactly..? The build date on my machine for the v8.0.10 update reads JANUARY 22 2015. A month before the issue was confirmed. And, as Steve already said, he'd responded in that thread anyway - that it wouldn't make the 8.0.10 release.
by Puma0382
Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now available: VST Connect Pro 3

If Matthias doesn't get to telling you before me, he's announced there is now a new build of VST Connect Pro 3 just uploaded that may be worth checking out, for your issue...
viewtopic.php?p=440335#p440335

Bob
by Puma0382
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Render in place available from context menu

Or, if you are used to just having the toolbox on right-click like me, you can also use SHIFT+right click to bring that full context menu list about, when needed. Nice.

Bob
by Puma0382
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elastic Audio Varispeed equivalent in Nuendo?

Hi - you want to stretch/lengthen/shorten clips and have them behave like a varispeed (tape deck).

As 'Likelystory' says, many ways to actually perform the 'stretch' - BUT as he also implied, you need to choose your algorithm type, first..! So, look under Audio processing and functions -> Pitch Shift or TimeStretch (page 404 - 412 in Cubase manual). Then, page 424 (in the Cubase manual, don't have Nuendo), for explainations about all the different time/pitch shift algorithms available - 'Elastique' is the one you want, with the 'Tape' mode in particular.

Once you've chosen your algorithm, this is what will be used when you apply the 'Sizing Applies Timestretch' method from the arrow tool for instance.

Hope that helps,
Bob
by Puma0382
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next up: Nuendo 7 @ NAB Las Vegas & ProLight&Sound Frank

Ah, "Render Export" will be quite useful. I miss that from PT actually. Cool.

Any news on a time-frame here? Q2 still or Q3?
Whilst waiting for Timo to get back to you, maybe there's a hint or so here...
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/europe/en_gb/news_events/newsrelease/2015/0413_50_nuage_v17.jsp
by Puma0382
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: M-audio Delta 1010lt and Cubase Window selection.

Hi Jeff - I have the exact same card; no solutions to either I'm afraid. This is just the way it is. One learns to just get on with it...

My view has been its M-Audio's job to update the driver/panel package to allow better DAW or audio app (wavelab) integration. But really..? Forget it - its just not going to happen. This is effectively legacy kit now.

I might be right in thinking Studio One for example works better; but its because their whole architecture in this regard is quite different. Again, I don't think it can call up the 1010 driver control panel, but it can talk to (and take control of) it directly from within the DAW. Nice.

But hey, whatever; you've got a great card/driver there - and, welcome to the heady world of Cubase PRO (version 8)..!

Good luck,
Bob
by Puma0382
Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Import Session Data PLEASE

+1

We can keep hopeful; if I'm reading it right, it seems the next big Nuendo update (N7) coming in maybe the July timeframe, will have some equivalent of this built in... so a port to Cubase could be in by the end of year updates...? Maybe..? If we keep asking nicely...? :-)
by Puma0382
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Variaudio/Harmonies

Are you making sure you bounce the specific part(s) of the main file you want to work on, to a new (independent) file, first..? (Audio -> Bounce Selection and choose to 'Replace').

Once that's done, then try to generate your harmonies... should work...!

Good luck,
Bob
by Puma0382
Sat May 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I create my own drum loop

Hi.

No I gave up but intend to have another go soon. It all seems so ridiculous to me. I don't want to draw anything, I want to play it with as little computer involvement as possible. I should be able to start a click track to loop over or or 2 bars and then tap a keypad to enter a drum. Simple as that. All the other stuff is great if you want it but I don't.

Very frustrating
Curious... have you got through this yet delboy007..? Given the above, I would look to the manual for MIDI Recording modes and methods, if you're still in need of assistance.

In essence:-
1. set up the Left and Right Locators for bar length(s) and set tempo
2. Add Instrument Track (Groove Agent One..?)
3. Arm track to record
4. Set Cycle mode to On
5. Press record - (oh, turn on the click too).

Away you go..!

Now, with each pass/cycle you can record your kick, snare, hats etc, separately, building your pattern as you go.

HTH,
Bob
by Puma0382
Fri May 29, 2015 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Safe Start Mode & Render In Place Not Working

Thanks Martin. I have looked into the folder/file path before, but was hoping that there as a much more constructive solution. Trashing the folder and starting again should not be an option, certainly not for a so-called Pro product.
Its the start in a systematic process of elimination, towards a solution. Often times it has directly helped; perhaps gone on to aid identifying a more full solution (problematical 3rd party plugin for example).

And, your original preferences folder/files remains perfectly intact should you want to revert to (parts of) it. If indeed your entire preferences have become badly corrupted, losing months of careful tweaks and customisation, maybe a System Restore may help (if you are on Windows - you don't provide any system specs; I'll take a guess you are though, when you say CTRL+ALT+DEL..! ;-))..?

HTH,
Bob

PS:- you can easily add system info/detail to your signature; do it once now, folk don't have to keep asking..! Just go to the top of this page and see underneath Board Index the wording 'User Control Panel'. Click there and down the right-hand side, see Edit Signature.
by Puma0382
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

A Microsoft video giving information on audio and MIDI APIs

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2015/07/21/why-microsofts-windows-10-audio-and-midi-apis-are-a-big-deal/
I watched this the other day - a good and informative seminar from Pete Brown and guests (Propellerheads, Bitwig). The comments section underneath is also worth a read through - not only because, Pete Brown himself responds quite candidly to many of the points posted. Some interesting stuff.

Bottom line, the audio improvements are WASAPI/WDM based of course; this means diddly squat for ASIO users. Steinberg are the only ones in control of that protocol.

MIDI improvements on Win 10 will be interesting going forward, as Class Compliant drivers from 3rd parties, eventually get updated (i.e. Yamaha, with their UR series of hardware...)
by Puma0382
Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic