Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Always show values of input gain, HPF/LPF filters.

And for the filters in the Channel Settings window please - no 'hovering' should be needed.

Thank you for listening.
by Puma0382
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 MAGNETO II sounds wonderful!

wasn't the post "THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!" enough to express your appreciation for Cubase 7.5? do you plan to raise the bar by creating a dedicated post for each new feature?
Leave the frikkin' guy alone, will you..? For chrissakes... he's happy ..!! He's making music, he likes his cubase, he's thanked SB, he's a bit excited and he's happy..! That's it. Deal with it... jeez..

You can just walk past if you do see another great FreddieH post, can't you..?

If only some more had done so, in his other thread too, instead of continually weighing in and just trampling all over it, with the result of it being locked.

Go Freddie..!! (oh, and go for those emoticons, like you used to - it doesn't harm anyone, and you are the ONLY person who does it here; we should know the drill by now; its just a FreddieH thing - its what makes FreddieH, FreddieH..!)

(Sorry - back to topic now...)
by Puma0382
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APL peaks at starting up C7

I see this every time here too; no idea why. I notice it will also show randomly whilst working on a project, again for no reason it seems. I've not loaded anything else, mainly working in audio, done a little editing, maybe some plugin tweaking - the same work that NEVER sent this meter running into red on C6.5

Sorry, I've no clue.
by Puma0382
Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Key Editor improvements

See here how the Track Tools at right of screen (scroll down to third screenshot), could help enormously if implemented in Cubase's Key Editor, when working with multiple MIDI tracks simultaneously (in one Key Editor window...)
http://forum.cakewalk.com/X3here-it-isfor-real-Sept-28th-ship-date-wow-m2892317-p8.aspx#2893478

A good start (and possibly easy/quick to implement) in Cubase would be to simply add colour-coding visual alongside the corresponding track listings in the Drop-Down selector at top of screen (where you choose which track to display/edit). (See second screen-shot from above link).
by Puma0382
Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

SteveInChicago wrote:Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?

Patience, its on its way Steve (they say..)
by Puma0382
Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample Editor "Half-Level Axis"....

Well, In the open Sample Editor when I right click over the sample (wave) it's at the bottom of the list -- In Preferences/Editing/Tools "Pop-up toolbox on Right Click" is off = no tick

I noticed it while searching for the now non existent grid for Free Warp.
Ah..! Interesting; I just went to look again after reading your reply - yep, its there. Nice.

(and of course, if you hold down CTRL key whilst right-clicking - with 'toolbox popup' enabled in preferences - you get the full menu context list, with the 'Show Half-Levels' item right at the bottom).

(oh, and the grid for FreeWarp, we are told, is definitely coming back in the 7.5.20 update due around April..!) ;)

Cheers,
bob
by Puma0382
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample Editor "Half-Level Axis"....

Hey, do you know what - I'm not sure I've ever seen one..! Not at my machine now, but I will look later...
by Puma0382
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vintage Stomp Pack

Your prayers are answered..!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2014/03/12/article/half-price-yamaha-vintage-plug-in-collection-2723.html

(although, I just looked and the reduction doesn't seem to have got through to the prices quoted in the shop just yet - maybe it only happens at checkout..? I haven't tried that far. I am in the UK...)
by Puma0382
Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automation Value request

A couple of interesting tips from user 'likelystory' - the focus being the InfoLine at top; maybe not exactly what you are asking, but close...
viewtopic.php?p=343649#p343649
by Puma0382
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: grouping missed feature!!!

i used to be a protools user and i moved to cubase 2 years and i like it so much...there's a feature i like in protools which is when u r grouping 2 or more tracks(with volume automation on all these grouped tracks) when u change the volume of one track of the group, the volume of all the other tracks get changed too according to the one u r changing.. .in cubase when theres automation, even if u r in group or link mode, only the track u r working on is affected... this feature is very useful especially when u r mixing and u want to bring down the volume of the whole mix or the faders of all tracks in the mix...

Working fine, if you open the Automation panel and activate 'Trim' mode - then, as you move one fader, the others will adjust in a relative fashion (thats, relative to each other - exactly what I believe you're asking for. ;-))

Good luck..!
by Puma0382
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tab to Transient

Hi everyone,
I'm demo-ing Cubase 7.5 on my system. I am an experienced Cubase 6.5 user running it OS X Mountain Lion.
I was trying out the new 'Tab To Transient' feature on an audio track.
And while I noticed that the transients were displayed, when I hit 'Tab', I ended up cycling through the menus on the Inspector Window instead of transients on the audio track itself.

The only way that I could get it to behave like ProTools was using 'Go To Next Hitpoint' and 'Go To Previous Hitpoint' and the respective key commands which are Opt+N and Opt+B . (which worked great, of course)

Did I misunderstand that 'Tab To Transient' is not literally done using 'Tab'? Or is there some setting I'm missing.. Or is it just not in the demo version?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
This is the way to go..!

(Your misunderstanding is correct; that the interpretation of 'Tab to Transient' in Cubase is not literally done using the [Tab] key) ;)
by Puma0382
Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madiabay output

Chris - he is talking about Master Buss - not bass..!

And I think he is merely doubling output when he says things are louder (by not disabling the mains when going through the CR). Perhaps you could point him to the manual pages or a KB article that explains things better (with pictures would be best)... I'm not at my main machine right now... :-)

Good luck..!
by Puma0382
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: feature request

There will be more drum kits and also style expansion packs for Groove Agent. And Jazz is definitely on our list.
Please Matthias, you must add some Nashville/Country styles and kits/beats/patterns to that list. You guys have friends in Nashville running Nuendo/Cubase at some great studios. If commissioned, they would surely love to help out, capturing some performances/sounds from some fantastic pro players out there... what do you think..?

Like the Jazz styles already mentioned, I'm convinced there's a sizeable market for (modern/trad) 'Country music', throughout Europe and the UK for example. As well as more of the USA itself maybe..! ;-)

Thanks for listening,
Bob
by Puma0382
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Variaudio Note Value Not Showing

...but i must say one of the most annoying and fiddly things i have found so far on Cubase is the way to add silence up to bar one on tracks ready for export.

With Pro-tools and also Sonar X3 i was using, it's simply drag the track out in the project window to bar one- as far as i can see from reading the manual and searching the web, you have to draw in silence, then glue it together to the original track, then bounce to tracks to achieve this in Cubase 7.5! What's that all about? Why Steinberg haven't made this a simple drag function like most other DAW's beats me.
Hey FunkyOne335 - You can achieve the same quite quickly in Cubase:-
Move your part(s) on a track forward one bar, then ensure the Left Locator is set to 'zero' bar. Your Right Locator can be wherever you want. Next, you can (solo the track and) export to get that 'extra' bars silence.

Or, you could use the Range tool (very powerful and quick) to highlight an area/length and use Bounce Selection to get a new file that's ready in The Pool (audio folder of the project) to import straight into PTools - quicker than drawing/gluing/bouncing etc.

Good luck,
Bob

PS:- thanks for the vote on the other thread - they do read this stuff..! Really..!
by Puma0382
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MP3 ID Tag - 'Genre' list (Audio Export window)

To be alphabetised, please...!! Its a little thing I know, but so handy and convenient to set your MP3's with this inside the app, at the moment you are working... ;)

http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=29673
by Puma0382
Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VST connect SE

Hi - as I understand it, you need a key from the person you are connecting to (the one who has the full VST Connect SE or Pro software). They are the ones who are setting up the session, and a key is generated for the 'Performer' (you..!) to enter in the Performer app that uniquely establishes a connection to the session.

They can send you notice of the key via email or a txt (SMS message)I guess.

Hope that helps.

Bob
by Puma0382
Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vari Audio 2 - It has ground breaking potential

Is it possible to select mutiple mono vocal tracks and enter the Vari2 multitrack editor?

Yes. If I'm understanding correctly, you either analyse the tracks individually and then select all and double-click on one; or, select all the tracks and double-click to open the sample editor and run VA within. Each track gets its own colour code. Is that what you wanted..?

Bob
by Puma0382
Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poll: Rate Cubase 8 first release stability

Tried the bass amp and did a lot of Render In Place, got 5 crashes , in no time. Worked for 10 hours on a project mainly mixing and no problems. It really depends on the usage.
I read the Bass Amp had a (crash) issue thats already been found and fixed, and will be available in the next update.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=409178#p409178
by Puma0382
Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic