Search found 30 matches

Return

Re: MacBook Pro 2,6 GHz Quad-Core i7 vs. 2,8 GHz Dual-Core i

I would recommend the 15" MBP also for the screen size. In 2012 I returned a 15" retina because Cubase wasn't fully compatible and had the chance to try the 13" also and found the screen too small. I would max the ram. FYI the 15" without retina have been discountinued very few new available. Should you get a retina I heard now there are Applications to adjust the screen resolution... Make sure to buy it where you can return it if you have any issues. Also I think apple only produces quad cpu on 15" models. Also should cubase minimum system requirement change for future releases you'll be better off with a quad cpu...

Cheers :)
by AP
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

Not a problem here, as my mixer has it's own monitor... : ) Dual monitors rule for mixing!

My "hotspot" problem with C7 mixer is I now have to watch out where I engage a horizontal scroll (using an Apple mouse). Constantly messing up pans and send levels depending on where the cursor is ... One of the reasons why I'm finding it really hard to move on from v6. :? Whereas before I could whip around the mixer with a quick flick of the finger, now I have to interrupt my flow of thought and think about how I'm going to scroll to off-screen channels. Blah!

Yes I agree. 2 monitors is the ideal way of mixing. Very smooth.
by AP
Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Lots of useful tips in this post. Will definitely help finish projects faster with 7.5. We need more of this kind of post :D
by AP
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Different genres in one album

There's a few artists that like to record differrent genres of music in 1 album the artist that comes to mind is Micheal Jackson. He's always been all over the place. I remember a comment that he could sign anything and his team made it work for him. You can also make it work if you retain a certain element in the album like Taylor swift or One Republic you can hear other genres in their music but they keep it real by staying true to their style of music.
You have so many option with Cubase I'm sure you could make it happen :)
by AP
Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg + Arturia

Could be interesting, but what rather like a joint venture with a company like waves, softube etc. etc. because I really think better quality plugins are needed in C7(.5) or even C8.

For someone looking to have a collection of classic synths this deal is great but...

How about Native Instruments? They're the future of sound. Their products are simply amazing. Personally I love new synths and sounds. NI is doing great for such a young company with humble beginnings.
by AP
Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: switching between opened projects

The activate project button is located on the top left corner of the project window.
by AP
Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone noticed slow project file saving? Cubase7.5

It might be an issue with very large projects like film scoring. Looks like they've solved it in the up coming update.
As per Helge's news announcement: Issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
by AP
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Education 6 can be Upgradet to 7.5

X-quality wrote:Or do I need to look for only 7.5 Educational Edition ?
or i cannot update or upgrade ANY Steinberg Educational product?
Thanks

You should be able to update. I was in your situation then updated to 6.5-7-7.5 no issues. Also once you updated your new license becomes regular.

by AP
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Education 6 can be Upgradet to 7.5

I did it and looks like others have done it also view this topic:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=55969&p=339947&hilit=Cubase+educational#p339947

Send a personal message to Felipe Garcia before purchasing to get the official word.
But I would say there shouldn't be any issue.

by AP
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Here we go again :lol:

Working on 7.5.20 for last week. Seems stable so far. But I'm doing more work in Reaper these days, cuz I'm tired of Cubase ugly and buggy mixer.

Steinberg! Hire a good UI designer! Your software costs a lot of money, you can afford it :mrgreen:

Speak for yourself I think the mixer and Cubase in general looks great and works flawlessly...
Keep up the good work :D
by AP
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All good here no issues :D
by AP
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found a Bug.....

Improvements
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list

Works only if is also in the program settings "Steinberg Hub" is checked.
Is there Disabled, indeed comes by right-clicking "Remove from list" but not working.

:twisted:

Works with Hub unchecked here.
by AP
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.5.20 Impressions...

So far mixing and remixing with 7.5 feels as solid as 6.5 but way faster...

Thanks for all the improvements including reset EQ in the edit channel window :D
by AP
Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been working hard with 7.5 for around 4 months without any issues or crashes. It's rock solid :D
by AP
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1 looks amazing and feels very solid :D No issues...
by AP
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1
Going on 4 months without a crash or issues. Looks like it's as solid as 6.5 but way better. Also love the sounds included in Cubase there's some for every genre of music. I'm a happy customer :D
by AP
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if I install 7.5 as an update to 5 can I still use 5?

I have 6.5, 7 and 7.5 all installed as separate applications on my MBP. As well as many other members on this forum.

If you click on the first page of this topic you will notice other members are also running Cubase 5 to 7.5 all as seperate applications. I beleive the same goes for Mac and PC.

by AP
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Side Chain architecture question

Rebumb - because I think I might be having the same problem. Working in the recently updated Cubase Artist 7.5.20. I activate the sidechain on the compressor on my instrument channel. When I try to send the signal of my kick (or any other audio source for that matter, I've tried different types of channels) via one of 8 'sends', the sidechain-compressor is simply not listed as an option. Strange thing however is that the sidechain-compressor IS listed as an option on the output bus (where normally it is set on 'stereo out'). Here it is working, but I don't think this is the right way to sidechain. Btw, any FX-channels I create DO show up as send options, and they work just fine.

I am a bit confused, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I haven't worked a lot with sidechaining, but for as far as I can remember I could always just simply use the sends option. It seems I have this probem since the 7.5.20 update (if it is a problem). I have tried different channels/instruments/sources and all appear the same. Restarting cubase did not solve the problem (also starting a new project did not).

Thanks!

edit: I think it's the same bug as mentioned in this topic (saw it only now): http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=39640 / any solution?

There's no bug... Cubase works perfectly. I suggest you go on YouTube and learn how to sidechain properly... There are many ways to do it :D
by AP
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have to say that - to my eyes - this the first time Cubase' mixer invokes such emotions and contradicting responses.
EVER.

I just can't remember in all my years here that people talked so much about Cubase' mixer. for the better and for the worst (many love it and it seems that many more LOATH it. it shouldn't be like that. it is, after all, just a mixer).

Personally, I did try to love MixDebacle over the last year and a half. see if you can guess what are my feelings towards it... :mrgreen:

I have since come to understand that Sound on Sound's final words (in the "cons" sections) about Cubase' mixer fully realized themselves in reality :
* cons
Not all users will appreciate the aesthetic choices reflected in the new mixer's design.

Only a true Professional will appreciate Cubase 7.5 mixer :D
by AP
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tp3 wrote:
AP wrote:Only a true Professional will appreciate Cubase 7.5 mixer :D

No, true Professional sequence on Pro Tools :lol:

Yes all my friends with SSL and Protools all admit that the midi in Protools sucks and that Cubase is where it's at :D
by AP
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Media Bay: Align Beats To Project

blimpo1 wrote:I haven't figured out how to route Mediabay so I can hear the sounds when auditioning them....

Disable control room does the trick for me. The button is located on the left/middle of the media bay window...
by AP
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another great 8 hours mixing session with 7.5.20. My clients range from Major Labels pop acts, rock bands to indie acts and rock bands, everybody is happy. Thanks again Steinberg :D
by AP
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] Would you like to see true Bounce-In-Place in Cub

It would be nice to have this in C8 :mrgreen: I've been bouncing a lot lately and sometimes working with an audio track of your midi is necessary 8-)
by AP
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Appealing to Steinberg to keep the CMC current viable?

They were reduced by 50% in fall 2012 what does that indicate... I heard that they weren't selling as expected before the sale... Companies like Yamaha don't manufacture products for too long. All I care about is that they keep releasing updates for future cubase versions. The day they stop will be the day I stop updating until my gear becomes too old. Keeping in mind Apple's future updates also...

Thanks for posting this topic I will stay on top of this...
by AP
Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audio/Visual Software (help?)

What you need is a PC screen capture software. They're fairly easy to use. Google: Free pc screen capture.

Cheers
by AP
Sat May 10, 2014 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audio/Visual Software (help?)

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Thanks AP,

It seems that people use CAMTASIA. It this one which you mean ??

But I don't think it works with Windows 8 ??

Ta,

Paul

I'm not familiar with brands for this type of software. I can't recommend a specific one but I'm sure you'll find one that works for you.

Good luck
by AP
Sat May 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: midi to audio

This Youtube video will show you how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fw-gMEXS34

Cheers
by AP
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help setting up interface please

First I would try adjusting the buffer size of your audio interface: click on the focusrite control panel and adjust it around 512 and go from there until you hit the sweet spot.

Next suggestion would be to download the latest driver update for your interface.

Good luck :)
by AP
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic