Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: [BUG] (C 7.0-7.5) SOLO/MUTE shortcuts STILL not working!

NOT confirmed. Works fine here. [EDIT: Wrong, see newer post].

I also tried it for different mixer settings which could impose focusing: Always on top, Full screen mode, or none of these. It works fine any way (single screen).

The only way I could not use Solo/Mute shortcuts, with Channel Edit opened, was when I happened to click the Mixer Visibility tab outside the channels, so no channel was selected any longer. But I suppose that channel deselection then is intended behaviour.

Logically it should keep the channel selected if the Channel Edit window is opened, even if clicking in the "nothing" area of a Visibility tab.

-----
Cubase 7.5 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
by Starsprinkler
Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The CMC-TP...

Yes, update Tools and Firmware to the latest version. What you requested was added with version 1.1:

V1.1.0
- (All models) Added a LED dimmer lighting option in Cubase and Nuendo. When the option is
active, LEDs on connected devices will always stay dim.

Downloads:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_cmc0.html

There's a separate forum for CMC by the way, in the hardware section.
by Starsprinkler
Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Space bar as pause return?

Use numeric 0 instead.

Or, if you want to jump back to start position directly on stop, check "Return to Start Position on Stop" in Preferences->Transport.
by Starsprinkler
Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple suggestions

sylvainmoreau wrote:
  • edit in place : need a toggle shortcut

Just a quick note about your first point; it does exist: <Ctrl+Shift+I>
by Starsprinkler
Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to normalize all track heights in arranger??

Or use the vertical zoom preset button, below the vertical scroll bar.
by Starsprinkler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One little feature question regarding 7.5.20

You can add a dedicated (extra) controlroom in VST connections (F4)
I¨m afraid you're wrong. What your arrow is pointing at the the Control Room Activation button . Deactivate it and your have no Control Room at all. It does not give you an extra Control Room.
Yes, but click on the e-button instead.... you then got an extra Control Room in a separate window.
by Starsprinkler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confused ... I have 7.5, but some have said ...

but for new releases (Like 7.X to 8.0) he will do a "full install", for stability issues.
Does he mean he would do buy the version that costs several hundred dollars for stability, rather than buy the "upgrade"?
He means he would run the full, complete, 8.0 installation program. Not just an update installation program that updates an existing 7.5 installation to 8.0.

It has nothing to do with buying, just what kind of installation program to run. Of course you just pay for the update, but you can/should still run the full/complete installation program for 8.0.
by Starsprinkler
Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Visual indicators in the Ruler (Punch-in, Pre-roll and more)

For better visualisation of Transport behaviour settings, some colored indicators could be introduced to the Ruler:

Change color of the white Locator flags to visualize when Punch-in is active:

- Left Locator flag red when Punch-in is active.
- Right Locator flag red when Punch-out is active.

And new green colored flags in the Ruler for
- Pre-roll position
- Post-roll position
if they are active (static if recording from Left Locator, but Pre-roll position would only be shown in Stop mode if recording from Cursor).

And a visual indicator in the Ruler for Record Start position: Left Locator or Cursor .
It could be a red dot or arrow or something at the actual position, shown only in Stop mode.

And, as in another Feature Request, when in Cycle mode the cycle range could change color, preferrably to the same color as the cycle button ).
by Starsprinkler
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Edit Mode in Cubase Pro 8 ?

But I will enter a Feature Request for "Cursor follows Selection" (real-time) preference.
That is still usable, even if it's not the full feature of what's called "Edit Mode". But so it may be implemented, which full "Edit mode" will not (Nuendo only).
"Cursor follows Selection (real-time) preference" - Feature Request:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=228&t=71245
by Starsprinkler
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cursor follows Selection real-time pref (video sync)

It would be good to have an option/preference to make the Cursor to automatically follow selected event(s) .
The best thing would be to have it to follow directly in real-time (Cursor moves simultaneously with selected events).

So if an event is selected, moved or dragged - the Cursor will follow to the first event start automatically.
It will ready to play (or record if "Record from Cursor is chosen) from that position without the need to move the Cursor first (using key command "L" or not).

The biggest advantage would be for video if the Cursor follows directly in real-time . That will be very useful for synchronizing audio to video frames . If the Cursor follows audio event movements, the video will also follow the Cursor and be upated to correct video frame along with the audio movement.

Simple, useful and easy to implement. Just an option for the Cursor to follow Selection (real-time).
by Starsprinkler
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic