Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: got my order in for 7.5

Sat up until gone midnight but then read I have to wait another 14 x hours !! :cry:

Grace Period updates will become active on December 4, 2013 at around 2 p.m. CET.
by monsterjazzlicks
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!!
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :!:

Overall, I must say Cubase 7 has been one of the best DAWs I have ever worked with thru all the years. And now, the new Cubase 7.5 hasn't exactly made it any worse. ;) :D

Extremely stable DAW on PC Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Never ever crashed once!!!
I has never been so amazed over a DAW... ever. Cubase comes with so many great functions too!

I love the new scalable MIXER-view and new Control-room, new Track EQ with analyzer, just the "Meter section" alone cost more then Cubase 7. Meters like K-14, K-12, K-20, EBU-scale, DIN-scale etc.
Add of own ICONS add of own color customization is a wanted feature for years from many users and especially from me. "Dark arrange background". ;)

And the new hide channels visibility tabs in both track view and mixer view, nested maps, setup Mixer and arrangement configuration, latency compensation with external hardware is one of the great feature that actually work too and that I use daily in the studio. Some DAWs have it too but trust me, its not working properly as like in Cubase. After 2 or 3 of inserted hardware's you get latency problems. I have 4-6 hardware's in the loop all the time like hardware effects, hardware compressors and hardware synths etc. integrated in Cubase 7 and there are no extra latency problems and non stability issues. Cubase 7 take care of external hardware's perfectly, its just sweet! :)

The new instrument track in C7.5 is a right new direction and it work with multi VSTI's too even though you can take it even further and evolve the functionality. Be able to save and use "Quick controls" is one functions I use a lot. Cubase vast support of integrated with hardware controllers like CMC-controllers, AVID Artist series, Yamaha 02R96V2, SSL, NEVE etc. are great and a essential feature that work with Cubase 7 and Nuendo.

The new VST Connect are a another great feature that I use almost daily. I can go on...and on.... what can I say more then...WOW! :D ;)

Cubase 7.5 are a amazing product! :)

I have vast long experience thru the years with DAWs etc.. since the late 80ths. I have worked even with hardware sequencers "back and in the days" and with Cubase on Atari. I have also worked with Pro Tools HD, Logic PRO, SONAR X-series, Digital Performance and Samplitude. I can tell you, I have never been working with a more stable DAW then Cubase 7 x64 and Cubase 7.5 x64.

Thank you Steinberg and all the team and programmers that are behind this Premium product. Cubase 7.5 is the "real deal" and a Premium quality - "World class" product!!!

Merry Christmas to you all! :)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signatures, signatures...... (??)

I concur with the majority here. I'd say Platform and version are paramount, Audio and Midi interface(s) should also be listed Computer specifics are helpful, as can be controller info.
I find the tech info in a sig. is not only important for helping someone with a problem, but also helpful to see what people are using who have no problems ;)
by BriHar
Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Score & Midi Guitar Questions

Aloha guys,

I have always used Roland pitch to voltage convertors. GR50/GR33/GR55.

In order for me to 'ride this bucking bronco' (using this method) several things work for me.

1- Use MIDI 'Mono Mode'
This basically turns your ax into six separate MIDI streams with six diff 'bend rates'.
Record each on a separate MIDI channel and track in Cubase.

2-Use appropriate 'bend rate' settings.
Most keyboards/sound modules/synth plugs etc come with
bend rates set to +- 2. This is not good for MIDI guitar use.
Bend Rates need to be set to at least +- 12. (My GR 55 uses +- 24)
Thank you Warren Sirota.

3- I don't want to hit this one too hard.
IMHO to really use MIDI guitar properly you have to be a 'killer' player.
There is no other way around this.
For simple lines or pads, OK not a lot of chops are needed.
But to really play this thang, clean MIDI 'Note on' and 'Note off' info is required.

Ironically players of the two styles of guit playing that work well with a MIDI guitar
(classical and jazz) have the least interest in sounding like other instruments. Ha!

4-Scoring.
Once the performance (and editing is done) I often merge
the six MIDI streams into one and scoring happens as normal.

I only score for live musicians/choirs etc so once the work
is printed (and unless changes are needed),
I usually never go back into that project in Cubase again.

Tip:
5-Really get to know the 'List Editor' and the 'Logical Editor'.
These are your friends when it come to using MIDI guitar.

Example: I truly believe Steiny put the 'Delete Short Notes' preset
in Cubase just for MIDI guitarists. It is a Godsend when using MIDI guitar.

A lil story from another post:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=12388&hilit=+midi+guitar

BTW here is a kool lil MIDI guitar trick.
Using Mono Mode, playing a nylon string guitar patch in Cubase with six different sound modules each routed to
one speaker in a 5.1 sound system.
If you sit in the middle of all the speakers and play, the perspective is like you are right in the sound hole
of the guitar.

Try that keyboardist! :)

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic