Search found 37 matches

Return

Re: MP3 ID Tag - 'Genre' list (Audio Export window)

All of these are good ideas. Also, of course, let the tag settings save with the project.
I will gladly trade my DJ EQ plug-in for this feature…

+1 Good point about saving with the project. Also I would like (and maybe you also meant this) that the ID Tag information would be set back to "blank" information when you start a new project. I don't how many times I exported as a mp3 and forgot to update the ID Tag information thus getting the information from the last project transferred to the new project. I hate when that happens. :)
by Prock
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Looking For a Great Sounding Hammond B3/Leslie Speaker V

Thanks folks for the input here...

I have been testing out the demo version of the VB3 software this weekend. It really does look and sound like a copy job of the ORGANized Trio 31 freeware I was using. VB3 is version 1.4 versus 1.0 for the latter and so far it seems to be working pretty good and not crashing CB7. Since there are no refunds I will do as the GSi website for the VB3 software suggests and test it thoroughly for a few weeks prior to spending the 50 euros (approx. $73 usd) for the full version.
by Prock
Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stop Charging for .5 Upgrades!

I agree that it was worth the $50 bucks. Is this something new or was there a charge for the upgrade from 6 to 6.5?
by Prock
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not have to restart Cubase when plugging in a new device

TabSel, you convinced me.

I appreciate your thorough explaination. I'm going to check it out over the next few days and report back.

Thanks again. Fingers crossed ;)

Hey folks... I've given this suggestion some more thought and decided not to try out the rtpMidi virtual driver idea. I worry about installing new software on my PC that runs Cubase. My Cubase is working so well right now, I hate to mess with it by adding more running (possibily hidden) background processes and services.

Still I would like Steinberg to address this issue. Maybe they should look at TabSel's rtpMidi virtual MIDI driver idea and do the testing? Seriously. :!:
by Prock
Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

It's definitely a Cubase running on a Windows PC issue. Programs like Studio One have a button named refresh or detect or whatever) that you can press to detect your USB device connected after SO is running..

Since the forum and knowledge base cannot help with this, and it's a Windows problem only, I submitted a support ticket directly to Steinberg. Hopefully they will provide an answer. I will report findings after I hear from them.

A few links to similar topics...

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=51651
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=53513
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=52610&p=322351&hilit=usb#p322351
by Prock
Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to all contributing to this thread.

Whatever it takes... All this back and forth bantering keeps this topic at the top of the forum list hopefully spurring Steinberg to take notice and finally fix it.
by Prock
Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

The only problem I had during the first few days of use was because I forgot to set CB to "run as administrator". So a few of my older VSTs would not work (or even show in the list).

Now, almost two months in and ZERO crashes. Beautiful, ROCK SOLID! 8-)
by Prock
Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

8-) Even if I did, I would not let one thing sustain my irritation for any period of length. I would device a solution that works for me and mine. Life is too short for anything else.

Thanks for your response to my question and I'm glad you have found your acceptable solution to this issue. :)

For your quoted statement, I agree 100%. For me this means that I will continue my focus on making/recording/producing music without distraction but, it also means I will do my best to get this issue on Steinberg's radar (I don't think it was). Then I leave it to the Cubase development team in Germany to prioritize its fix appropriately. I would think that priority would be based in part on the voices seen on this forum and also in part by the shear embarrassment of having pro-level DAW software that doesn't have the basic USB connection capability found in other DAWs. Some available as freeware.

So fellow Cubase users, now is the time to speak up on this issue since this is currently being reviewed by the Cubase development team in Germany. In other words... Speak now or forever hold your peace. 8-)
by Prock
Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep your fingers crossed! Actually, keep your USB-devices connected! ;)

Good one and will do. :)

BTW... My opinion is that your opinion posted a few posts ago was very well written and gets your viewpoint across perfectly. Just wondering if you are running CB on Windows Or Mac? And, if on Windows, have you ever experienced this issue? Thanks.
by Prock
Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The OP seems very passionate about this issue and so am I. I hope level heads prevail in this conversation and this issue finally gets answered. Notice I said "issue" not "feature request". Cubase IS NOT working the same in Windows as it does in MAC. Surely a software "issue".

Like I previously reported I did put in a support request for this issue and hope to hear back from Steinberg soon if they stick to their own response time of "approx 24 to 48 business hours". If my math is correct that equates to 3 to 6 business days. So hopefully I will get a response by next Thursday. I will report what they say as soon as I hear from them.

OR

Maybe someone from the Steinberg Cubase support staff who is monitoring this forum will respond directly on this topic right here in this thread.

Regards...
by Prock
Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This issue has been brought up around here for years.

Here is the earliest post (06 Aug 2012) I could find on this very same topic:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20518

If you read the topic in the link you will see that even forum member "MeatBallRagu" thought this was an issue and supported a fix for it.

I figure that the Cubase support staff at Steinberg must like Meatballs and Ragu too and since this has been on the stove since at least 2012 there is only one conclusion… this issue needs to fixed! ;)

Look folks... I'm just trying to lighten this conversation a bit while at the same time pointing out that this issue really had been bothering quite a few Cubase users for some time now. I understand that MAC/Cubase users could care less since they don't have this issue. But I really can't understand why some of the PC/Cubase crowd have to bash this topic and other forum members that support it. We are supposed to use this forum as a place to ask fellow users for assistance. Unfortunately, for this topic, only Steinberg can assist and I wish they would chime in here just to say they are going to work it or not. Then, at least we will know where we stand.

Again, this issue sometimes comes up for me when I am in a "mixdown mode" but for whatever reason feel the need to add something to the mix. Sometimes I want to add another guitar or some other type of audio track and sometimes it is something I want to add that requires midi. Most times I do have the usb midi device already hooked up, sometimes I don't. Of course it's during those occasions when I don't have my midi device hooked up is when this concern rears its ugly head. The time and bother of having to shut CB down and restart it is sometimes an inspiration killer for me. That, for me is when I think that it would be much better if CB would connect to the plugged in usb midi device just like it does for our MAC users and for users of other DAWs.

BTW… I tried the fix that was suggested in 2012 which was to go to device>device setup and hit the “reset” button under the midi port setup. It doesn’t work for me.
by Prock
Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ableton LIVE is called that for a good reason.

Don't tell someone else what to do with the software they paid for. I can use Cubase for whatever I feel comfortable.

Also, you shouldn't seek excuses when there's no excuse for a pretty common capability of which Cubase is not capable of for ages. I might have multiple usb controllers which I might need or not during the creation a project. Maybe I don't need them at the same time, but want to switch easily without having to save, exit, disconnect, connect, start cubase, load the project, wait for it to load and start working. Then again, if I want to switch back or have another device connected. Even in production, there's the chance of unplugging or turning off the device accidentally.

In fact, this is a no go for a software that started its career back in the 80s. And I have used Creator, Cubase and Notator Logic on Atari 25 years ago. I know what I can expect from a software. And it really annoys me that Cubase, at that price tag and 0.5 updates that also cost money is not capable of such a simple feature.

Perfect response Finsonic. 8-)
by Prock
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there are way more important issues that needs to be addressed ;-)

I agree there are some other important issues that need to be addressed but....

I hope it never gets fixed,

WOW, that's pretty harsh!

Regardless, I would like to thank peakae for keeping this topic at the top of the forum list. :D
by Prock
Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I received (2) PMs asking me if I heard anything back yet from Steinberg support.

So here is the update:
I received a 2nd response to my support request from the Steinberg North America support staff on Friday Jan 24, 2014. He said he was forwarding my request (containing links to several forum threads on the same topic) to the Steinberg Development Team in Germany. That's it.

With the weekend in there we got to give them some time to check it out.

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Pause" key command Please!!

The macro is great. So thank you guys. :)

but...

+1 for a separate transport "pause" button. Just like the old tape machines have.
by Prock
Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Weekly bump #2...

Don't you just hate being placed "on hold" waiting for a customer support to answer the telephone line. I do...

Well, all Cubase/PC only users, for this particular forum topic posting (which is an issue that, as far as I can tell, was originally questioned in 2012 but probably even earlier) you have effectively been placed "on hold" for more than 2 weeks.

Again, just looking for a response that says where this issue stands in the list of issues. Or even if it's on the list of issues. Thanks.

Yup :roll:

Sincerely,
by Prock
Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prock: I'd like to know how Studio One does it because what you have described sounds perfectly normal to me.

I suspect that Studio One just accepts any old connection whatever it does or says. Cubase, on the other hand, has the user MAKE SURE that they know what they are doing. It would be even more annoying if one did swap out synths on different band sessions and find Cubase or the system gave one garbled midi sysex messages. And it makes one, between sessions actively quit Cubase. Which is a good thing. I should amend my statement to "Why would anyone swap usb devices DURING a session?" Considering the amount of usb inputs available to any given system that CAN afford 20 bucks for a hub for it's laptop.

There is one thing. The Preferences/Midi Filters. The sysex is filtered by default so try unfiltering. Or the other way around if you have already turned the filter off. You never know and I like simple solutions.

Buchanan:
I don't know the "how" Studio One (SO) actually does this but on my laptop running SO I just press the "Reconnect" button and I'm good to go. You can connect any Midi device while SO is running but, if the device was not previously setup then there are a few more steps that need to be taken after hitting the "Reconnect" button. Like choosing the type of device, midi channels to be used, etc.

Also, I previously tried the sysex thing you mentioned. It don't work either

Regardless, Here is the section of the SO manual that explains how it works when you want to reconnect a midi USB device that gets disconnected while SO is running (works the same when you just want to connect a device that has previously been setup).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
4.4.7 Reconnect Devices
In most applications, when MIDI devices become disconnected while the application is
running, you usually have to restart the application, and the software may crash. In contrast, if
an external MIDI device becomes disconnected while Studio One is running with a Song or
Project open, the device can be reconnected without restarting Studio One.
If this occurs, navigate to Studio One/Options/External Devices (Mac OS X:
Preferences/Options/External Devices) and click on Reconnect at the bottom of the menu.
Then reconnect your devices and click OK. The devices will now work normally in Studio One.
If an external device is not present when Studio One is started—for instance, if you’re traveling
and don’t have some of your gear with you— the application still will run normally. You
should see a warning message that makes you aware of the situation. If your setup frequently
changes, you may wish to turn off this warning message by disengaging the Notify Me If
Devices Are Unavailable When Studio One Starts option.
Later, when you start Studio One with the device connected to your computer, Studio One will
recognize the device automatically, and it can be used exactly as before, with no further setup
required.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand and agree about the feature request, but it's not like you are going to see a solution for this within a very short time frame, judging by how long the USB midi refresh request has been around.

If the need for a fix is pressing, why don't you buy a midi interface?

Don't you need to have your tools working correctly? Devices abound and the cost of a single port interface is exceedingly low.

Steve:
I agree 100% with your logic and suggestion but, for this issue I happen to agree with the OP of this thread completely. It's 2014 and we still don't have this fixed yet. That is AMAZING to me. Seriously. :?

That's why I'm sticking with this thread. At least until we get some kind of answer. You know, if this issue happens to get fixed "immediately" it really was not fixed "immediately" as it has been an issue stated on this forum for years. And that is sad.

You have been around for years so you probably know better than most members that the majority of requests/issues/reports/whatever listed on this forum are mostly forgotten after going to page (2). This one won't be lost until I (we) get some kind of answer.

Sincerely... 8-)
by Prock
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

For Windows O/S: Here is a way to restart a USB midi device that was plugged in before starting Cubase and was running properly but somehow got disconnected during the session.

Once you discover your USB is disconnected and not working do the following procedure:
1) Shut off your USB midi device
2) Re-plugin your USB midi device
3) Turn on your USB midi device
4) Go to Devices>Device Setup...>MIDI Port Setup
5) Find your USB midi device in the list and uncheck the box "In ALL MIDI" this will make the state "Inactive"
6) Recheck the "In ALL MIDI" box to make the state "Active"
7) Hit OK

You would think just hitting the "reset" button instead of doing steps 5 & 6 would work but it doesn't work for me. :?:

Regardless, you should be all set.

Sincerely,
by Prock
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

USB Keyboard Not Recognized After Cubase Is Running

Issue statement:
Cubase running on a PC Windows OS system will not recognize a USB Midi device (typically a keyboard) when connected after Cubase is already running.

According to the posts I've read in the related threads listed below this issue only happens for those running Cubase on a PC/Windows OS. Not Mac OS X

Here is one scenario and the steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Start Cubase and open a project.
2) While listening to your project you decide you want to add something from your USB midi keyboard to it. It just happens that your keyboard was not plugged in prior to starting Cubase.
3) You plug in your USB midi keyboard and notice Cubase will not recognize it.
4) You need to close the project, shut down Cubase and restart Cubase for it to recognize the keyboard.

My system specs (note that this issue is not related to my particular system. It affect users of any version of Cubase running an a PC Windows OS):
DAW: Cubase 7.5.10 (64bit), OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz, RAM: 8GB, Graphics: 1024MB GeForce GTX 650, AI: PreSonus Firebox

Related plug-ins:
None

This has been an issue for many years and many threads/posts are on the forum questioning a fix for it. Attached are links to some threads I have found (there may be more).

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20518
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=51651
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=53513
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=52610&p=322351&hilit=usb#p322351

Sincerely,
by Prock
Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audio handling in 7/7.5

You are correct sir. :)
by Prock
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase AI - MP3 export plugin

It's not included in the CB Artist but you can purchase the separate mp3 patch directly from Steinberg. I think it only costs about $15.00. Check that out and save some money if you don't need the CB full version.

Regards... 8-)
by Prock
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Easy update and everything is working fine. GREAT work Steinberg! 8-)
by Prock
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Folder Naming

Nope.

Not yet anyway. It's been asked for in the feature request forum.

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Activity Monitor - Various Video Processes Not Respondin

Some stop the video services by moving the files that are located in the Cubase\Components folder with the word video in the file name to your desktop.

If this works for you please show some support for my feature request. With all the video issues being reported I'm really surprised it has not seen more support. Thanks ;)

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=58154

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Preference Option To Disable Cubase Video Services

I suppose the video features in Cubase are great... if you use them. Personally, I never use the video features but I still get daily errors in my Windows Error Report file about the Cubase video services failing. On our Cubase forum I see many others get video service errors. Most likely some of these users do not use the video services either.

So my simple request: Please add a preference option to disable the video services .

BTW... I know some have figured out a workaround to disable the video services by moving (don't forget to copy them) all of the files containing the word "video" out of the Cubase component folder but this is just a workaround and should not be considered a "proper way" to disable it.

Who knows, maybe disabling the video services will save some system resources that can be used for the other Cubase features.

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If it's not one thing it's another...

I suggest that you review the windows error repot file to see if that lists a clue. You might get lucky.

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Detecting MIDI Devices Automatically Without Restarting!

IMO it's a programming "issue" with Cubase running on Windows. Other DAWs (not all) have a simple "reconnect" button and no need to restart the program.

On Windows? I want to believe that - can you name a DAW that has this rescan/connect button? If so, then why doesn't Cubase have it? It seems such an obvious facility to have.

I also use Studio One 2 and it actually has a couple of niceties when it comes to this matter...

1) During program startup it gives you a warning for each USB device that was previously connected but now is not. You can choose to connect or not at that time.

2) If not connected during startup, you can connect later, at any time by simply plugging in and hitting a "reconnect" button. Nice and easy.

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Transport Pinned to Top of Edit Window

Another option... You can have those particular functions show on the top toolbar. Just use the toolbar customize function to add them. If that's all you really use the transport panel for then read this post and if you agree... show some love for it.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=54646

Sincerely,
by Prock
Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Make All Transport Panel Features Available On the Toolbar

Like the subject says...

Please make all of the setup options that are currently available for the Transport Panel be available in the setup options for the top toolbar.

Example: To make the Transport Panel as small as possible I only have the "Locators" + "Master and Sync" options visible in the transport panel. If these options were available to be visible in the top toolbar then I would not even use the Transport Panel. Thus saving some valuable space in the project window.

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Click column gone from VST Connections? Anyone?

Regardless of the outcome, THAT is world class customer service. I'm serious... :)

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IS there a less confuzzling way to transfer from 7 to 7.

It's confusing. Suggest you read these topics... Good luck. ;)

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=55762&p=339070&hilit=preferences+during+upgrade#p339070

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=51236&p=313855&hilit=preferences+saved+during+upgrade#p313855

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=52662&p=321404&hilit=preferences+during+upgrade#p321404

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Detecting MIDI Devices Automatically Without Restarting!

FYI:

I know that we are ultimately asking for CB to automatically detect a USB device that is connected after starting CB but...

For Windows O/S: Here is a way to restart a USB midi device that was plugged in before starting Cubase and was running properly but somehow got disconnected during the session.

Once you discover your USB is disconnected and not working do the following procedure:
1) Shut off your USB midi device
2) Re-plugin your USB midi device
3) Turn on your USB midi device
4) Go to Devices>Device Setup...>MIDI Port Setup
5) Find your USB midi device in the list and uncheck the box "In ALL MIDI" this will make the state "Inactive"
6) Recheck the "In ALL MIDI" box to make the state "Active"
7) Hit OK

I'm not sure if this procedure works on devices connected through midi in/out connections. I can't verify that as I no longer have any that do. If someone who does can check it out and post results that would be helpful. :)

I originally posted this here:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=49327&start=100

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.30

SMH! People complain when Steinberg doesn't test enough and then go on a rampage about how us paying customers are beta testing for them.....then when Steinberg does take their time to make sure there aren't any issues, the same people complain how long it took to release. Make up your minds already (unless the quoted above was said with sarcasm, which in that case disregard my response! :D )

Definitely not sarcasm...
As I mentioned many times before, I have 40 years in the aerospace industry where software updates for minor corrections were issued, if need be, within 24 hours of a customer reporting the issue. So I know it can be done.

Now, does Steinberg need to issue software maintenance releases on a daily basis... of course not. But, they should be able to do it with no problem if they really wanted to provide "world class customer service". Regardless, April to September for a maintenance release... that's a long time. Especially for what they fixed.

Regards 8-)
I am very aware of the Aerospace industry as well. You can't compare the time to resolve requirements of the Aerospace industry to the music software industry. The Aerospace industry must have adequate number of resources to handle those critical demands. There were no show stoppers in this fix list that I can see and evidence of that is in the lack of hysteria in the forum since the last maintenance release. I think you should look at other DAW software companies and compare their patch release frequency and application stability to Steinberg's to keep things balanced and apples to apples. You can always buy another product if you think the grass is greener elsewhere.

Relax man... It's just an opinion. Isn't that what our forum is for?

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have I Missed A Communication From Steinberg

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this but I have not seen an update from Steinberg about the Cubase 7.5.30 crash issue. None, nada, nothing... except the original statement (issued on 09/16/2014) that listed the workaround to shut off the hub.

Sorry but, IMO that's pretty lame. :roll:

Steinberg needs to hire a new PR person who can type and issue a periodic communication about this. Might be me but, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Regards. 8-)
by Prock
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Serious Problem" at Cubase7 Startup

curteye wrote:Most times ya gotta love this place.
{'-'}

+1
by Prock
Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic