Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Looking For a Great Sounding Hammond B3/Leslie Speaker V

Aloha P,

In the mid to late 60's while in my Kenny Burrell mode (Jimi Hendrix was just coming on the scene)
I did stints with Jimmy Smith, Jimmy McGriff, Jack McDuff and 'Groove' Holmes,
So I know how 'picky' organist can be about their sound.

While most of these guys wanted their sound to be 'smooth', Jack McDuff was going for
that Jon Lord sound (tho' I did not know of Deep Purple at that time).

Problem was altho' he could get it (or close to it) in the right hand, the 'crunch' would also
be in the left hand where (contrary to belief) most of the bass sound was played. (not the pedals)

A lil fact:
All of these guys rarely used the pedals except when either 'showing off' or
mainly in ballads. 99% of jazz organ bass sounds are done in the left hand.

Bottom line is I really know that B/C3 sound and IMHO no plug has what I remember in my head.

That being said:
give this one a listen. Not very expensive and can go from 'clean' to 'dirty' with no probs.
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Leslie sounds.
Now that's a whole other thread. Jimmy McGriff used two Leslies and had some sort of
contraption that would 'sync' the two. It rarely worked but when it did it was amazing!
Anyone remember the Yamaha Leslie? With the three moving speakers? I still have one in storage. :)

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automation Track Audio Waveforms Missing in CB 7.5

I'm working a CB 706 project in CB 75 and now the audio waveforms are not showing up on the automation tracks. I can't find a way to correct this in the preferences (or anywhere else). Now If I open the same project in 706 the waveforms are missing there too. Does anyone know how to correct this? Hopefully it is something easy that I am just overlooking. Thanks.
In the automation panel.
by thinkingcap
Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EZ Drummer VST Help Please

For #1, check your preferences for MIDI -> MIDI File -> Auto Dissolve Format 0. If it is checked, un-check it.

Can't help right now on 2 & 3. I guess I'm supposed to be working :) .
by Scab Pickens
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

Ableton LIVE is called that for a good reason.

Don't tell someone else what to do with the software they paid for. I can use Cubase for whatever I feel comfortable.

Also, you shouldn't seek excuses when there's no excuse for a pretty common capability of which Cubase is not capable of for ages. I might have multiple usb controllers which I might need or not during the creation a project. Maybe I don't need them at the same time, but want to switch easily without having to save, exit, disconnect, connect, start cubase, load the project, wait for it to load and start working. Then again, if I want to switch back or have another device connected. Even in production, there's the chance of unplugging or turning off the device accidentally.

In fact, this is a no go for a software that started its career back in the 80s. And I have used Creator, Cubase and Notator Logic on Atari 25 years ago. I know what I can expect from a software. And it really annoys me that Cubase, at that price tag and 0.5 updates that also cost money is not capable of such a simple feature.
by Finsonic
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CB 7.5.10: Want To Disable Video Support (Maybe?)

You can move all these files to another folder (create a new folder just to keep these files in a safe place if you need video in Cubase again):

videodecode.exe
videoengine.dll
videoutput.exe
videopreload.exe

You will find these files here:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5\Components
by Makumbaria
Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USB Keyboard Not Recognized After Cubase Is Running

OK, I was told that this issue will be addressed by Steinberg. Hopefully this will happen quite soon. So let's keep our fingers crossed.
by Finsonic
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All transport info available in header as well

Yes Prock that is what I was suggesting. To have all the functions that are available on the transport also be available in the header for those who do not wish to use the floating transport. Cheers!
by James K
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KORG nanokontrol2/cubase7

I found a different way to go about this that may work for you:

1) hold down the Set and Rewind button at the same time as you plug the USB chord from the computer into the Nano Kontrol (this suggestion came from the directions that came with the nanoKONTROL)

2) Go to Devices> Device Setup> Quick Controls and select nanoKONTROL2 for both the MIDI Input and Output

3) Then remain in or go to Devices> Device Setup> and hit the + button in the upper left hand corner and pick Mackie Control from the scroll down list, then select nanoKONTROL as your MIDI in and out. Hit OK.

That worked for me. Good luck!
by allunknowing
Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Elements 7 crash following Windows Update

Hello,

found the reason for this today after dealing with a couple support cases.

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Disable the Stinberg Hub
-- Open Cubase without launching any project
-- Go to File -> Preferences -> General -> Untick "Use Steinberg Hub"

2. Uninstall the Windows update KB2977629
-- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates
-- Uninstall KB2977629

Warning: This is an Internet Explorer cumulative security update - if you use IE and decide to uninstall the update, you might want to consider using another browser until this is solved.

Our findings have been forwarded to Development to see if something can be done on our side.

This of course affects all versions of Cubase, not only Elements. Thought about posting this now as some might face the issue during the week-end.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic