Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Assigning commands like key commands

I was going to go out and get one of the leaps today but for start and stop, rewind, automation, zoom it doesn't fit into my area of work, i could really do with hand gestures with functions like snap on/off

as a full time audio editor using c7 (doing thousands of repetitive micro tasks daily) having too many shortcuts and only 2 hands is abit of a task, this would definitely make it easier, so if you could look at getting the function to learn custom gestures that you can assign like key commands would be a big deal

never the less nice one once again for being ahead of everyone else :)
by chris995
Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IcAir with Leap Motion

uummmm I can't see where your sluggishness is coming from because as soon as you make the correct gesture it works straight away .
I agree about having to stop every time you forward wind and rewind but the track selection is easy enough ,just one simple swipe across the device either direction moves up and down .
As soon as the gestures are recognized it does exactly what it says on the tin . The hardest part is learning the gestures and getting them exact .
by G-string
Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IcAir with Leap Motion

As soon as the gestures are recognized it does exactly what it says on the tin . The hardest part is learning the gestures and getting them exact .

Well, that's exactly were the sluggishness comes from. It seems to take a while for the gestures to be recognised.

But then again, I have to add: I noticed yesterday that the leap controller was having problems with the overhead lights and therefore had to compensate.
This might be influencing the speed.

And as you said: the hardest part is indeed getting the gestures right.
by Pixie
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leap Motion or creative senz debate

Hi there

First of all, whether or not some people think that Steinberg are wasting R & D resources on what they may regard as a gimmick, I think Steinberg are actually being quite canny and forward thinking by doing this.

Apple have just announced their purchase of PrimeSense the motion tracking company, and will no doubt be integrating it into future products. Therefore it is only a matter of time before we see this as standard within the next year or so - probably built into laptops etc - just the way we have seen voice control do. So Cubase getting a head start on development for this now, and in terms of how the UI will be integrated, is actually the right way to go.

Very good business sense, and exciting too.

Regarding whether to get Leap motion or Senz, there is obviously the cost difference between the two, but also I am wondering if anyone has any experience of real world usage in terms of how much does one have to use motions which are at a specific angle to the computer screen. I would rather buy the one which is less restrictive in terms of having to be so angle specific, as for me the beauty of something like this would be to use it when you're sitting back in your chair thinking about a lyric or something, and then you want to 'gesture / press play' but if you have to lean forward to put your hand right over the leap motion for example then that kind of defeats the purpose of ease of use.

I also have seen some of the other software apps for LM and they seem cool - like controlling the Mac for general purposes, however if because the Senz being positioned on top of the screen means that you have more of 'an area' to work with when gesturing so less restrictive then I'd probably favour that one. (Even though I hate the idea of attaching anything on to my amazing new apple retina mac book of fear of scratching it ha!

Any thought?

Best

T
by triton100
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI tempo detection issue (1/4 meter?)

For example, how would it know if you had grace notes or pickup beats? That marker is just a placeholder. You need to move it to the first 1 beat, and set the appropriate time sig.
by JMCecil
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI tempo detection issue (1/4 meter?)

It's basically saying every beat is a measure in quarter notes.
by JMCecil
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic