Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: 2 systems how to

Hey Charlie! That's right - a license can only reside on one dongle. The second can ofcourse be used to spread licenses, like PG said, or just as a hardware backup for when the old one starts going bad.
by Arjan P
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help - I am trying to activate WaveLab Elements 7

The answer to your question is in the Steinberg Knowledge Base The procedure is called 'reactivation'.
by Arjan P
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making cd for universal use/ as comercials

I have removed the file name, and used only numbers.
CD-Text is not about file names, but about burning CD title, artist and song titles with the audio onto the CD. Did you burn with the highest speed or a slower speed? I always burn 24x media at 16x maximum, but prefer 8x. This can make quite a difference to the car player. (Especially with CD-RW media)
by Arjan P
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pops & clicks when capturing at 88.2khz

Interesting stuff.. I won't be back in my studio for quite some time so I can't check it out, but I'll give it a try as soon as I can. Charlie, what if you just record from the DM3200 into WL 88.1 kHz without Cubase using the ASIO driver at the same time?
by Arjan P
Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERY FRUSTRATED

It's quite simple, really. You have software on your unconnected computer (eLicenser) that checks a dongle for holding a license for another software (Cubase). Now you update Cubase - and therefor change the license on the dongle. eLicenser cannot know about the new version, so doesn't recognize your new license as valid anymore, even for the older version. Ergo: always keep eLicenser updated...
by Arjan P
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wavelab 8 as my external editor with Cubase 7.5 x64?

Yeah, like stingray said, it's only opening a file from the export audio in Cubase into Wavelab that's possible. Not how it used to be pre Cubase 4 (IIRC), where Wavelab could be integrated in a way that after editing there, the edited file was directly showing in the Cubase project.

I think mr roos was referring to me using Cubase and Wavelab at the same time, where Wavelab records my outboard mix while Cubase plays its tracks, both using the same audio interface (not so much legacy at all though..) ;)
by Arjan P
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Convert .m4a files to .wav

Why not install WL8 32-bit on your Win7? Makes no difference in the resulting files, and if you have no other use for it anymore you either uninstall or wind back to a Windows restore point.
by Arjan P
Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6.5.5 freezes on loading projects

Try deleting the preferences.. Though if Cubase was really completely uninstalled that should have done the same I guess.. See here: Knowledge Base - they call it Initialising Prerences there..
by Arjan P
Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6.5.5 freezes on loading projects

Mm too bad - so what changed since you started getting this issue? You say it's a day, so I guess all was good before. Maybe try to go back to a previous Windows Restore Point (or whatever it's called)..
by Arjan P
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: upgrade wavelab 7 elements to wave lab 7/

At the steinberg.net shop, it looks like you first have to go to WL Elements 8 and then again to full WL 8.. Seems a bit strange - maybe better try to get in touch with support.
by Arjan P
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fostex X-15 Cassettes Transfer

I notice that when I go to the 'ASIO E-MU Tracker Pre' sub-menu it shows the In ports as Inactive (see pic attached). Is this the problem? If so, how to fix it?
Yes, you've done step 1 correctly, which is assigning the right interface for Cubase. Step 2 is to assign these inputs to Cubase buses, which is done in the VST Connections dialog (from Devices menu). There are tabs there for input and output: simply create input and output buses and assign your interface channels to Cubase buses. After that, new tracks can be assigned an input and output bus to use for recording / playback.
by Arjan P
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fostex X-15 Cassettes Transfer - Best Approach

Always get the best (hottest) possible signal in the analog domain. With 4-track tape your pretty safe regarding unsuspected transients, so yeah, max out the Fostex and set the E-mu analog input gain as high as possible without clipping. Just record this signal in Cubase without touching input gains or whatever. Make sure to record to a 24-bit file.

A tip for alignment later (I believe you transfer 2 of 4 at a time): Get a high transient sound (like a handclap or such) at the start of all 4 tracks of the same recording; this will make alignment in Cubase much, much easier.
by Arjan P
Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Damaged DVD.. where to find 6.0.0 install file?

Yeah, that should work. You may not have all the soundbanks etc. though that are usually on the DVD.
by Arjan P
Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tempo adjustment

It's the 'thumbs up' icon next to 'Quote'.. Just tried it on you 8-)
by Arjan P
Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

It was very easy to adjust crossfades and add indexes to the timeline.
How does WaveLab address this?
Is it accomplished on the timeline or in a list editor?
Is there a limit to the crossfade time?
Can you freely place CD indexes anywhere once you have your timeline/crossfades setup?
It is done on a timeline in an environment called the Montage, where you can also place CD-tracks on different tracks (and much, much more!). I don't think there is a limit on crossfade time - it would surprise me if there is. And CD-markers can be placed freely (in full Wavelab, that is). Also, Audio in Pauses is supported, which allows you to keep audio running between a track's end marker and the next track's start marker (live CDs for instance).
Just give the trial version a go!
by Arjan P
Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Workflow tips for converting cassettes to individual son

- Should I use the Audio File workspace or the Audio Montage workspace?
The Montage for sure.

- Which marker types (if any) would be best for isolating and naming individual songs/regions within the files?
No markers necessary, but CD markers may come in handy to enter metadata for individual songs. In the montage, you first see your audio file just like above (as one clip), then use the scissor tool to cut the separate songs. Now you have multiple clips, which are just representations of that particular part of the source wav file. By adjusting the sides of the clips, you can change the cuts after the fact. Clips can have their own processing, but also the tracks on which they reside can. You can create another stereo track and drag clips over if you want the same proces done to them by track effects.

- If my goal is to end up with a bunch of individual song files that are normalized for loudness, what's a productive workflow for getting there?
You could apply effects on individual clips, or use the meta normalizer. I'd be careful with cassette recordings though, since they possibly are quite close together already.
by Arjan P
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent- problems hearing sounds

It should be on top of the channel, but I'm using mostly 7.5 these days so I'm not sure what it was called in version 6. Look for 'routing' or 'output'.
by Arjan P
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Previous versions not on eLicenser

You should be aware that WL6 does run on Windows 7, though it won't install. Just copy a complete installed XP Wavelab 6 directory to the correct directory in Windows 7 and it runs. I believe that even the latest WL6 update does install over that one.
by Arjan P
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic