Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Tempo adjustment

Does this "bad" file actually play ok? (i.e. before trying to change the tempo).
Try this..
Select it, in the Project window, then, Audio menu>Bounce Selection. This will create a new file, hopefully, stripped of whatever it was that was making it behave strangely.

The bad file DID actually play ok. But I am unable to try your "Bounce" technique on it because now when I try to open it, it says "Cubase Has Stopped Working" then crashes. Luckily I was able to open it previously and renamed it. So everything is working on the new file.
One last question... I see you guys have "been thanked" meters next to your names. How do you "thank" someone??
by sintrade
Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can;t open or close Wave files in Wavelab 4.0 Win7

I recall this problem. Looking through my archive I found the following (I also have copies of the files concerned) which is clearly the same issue, though the versions are not the same - at least it may point to a solution for the OP:

Steinberg Wavelab 5.01b FIX for Windows VISTA
============================================

* Warning! Will only work with version 5.01b

Just copy the comdlgxp.dll and the CommonVcPh.dll to
your Wavelab folder. Overwrite existing files.

Enjoy!

More info for those interested...
-----------------------------------
Like many others, I was frustrated when I found out that
Wavelab 5 did not run on Vista. Even more frustrated when
Steinberg said that they would not fix the problem for version 5.
Instead, one had to buy the new version 6. Yeah right!

Well good news! I happen to be good at reverse engineering and
I have a solution for you all. I was very curious on finding why
in hell Wavelab crashed when trying to "Open" or to "Save As..."
a file. Well, it looks like the problem comes from some changes in
the comdlg32.dll in Vista. Some wavelab variable gets overwritten
by the GetOpenFilename function inside comdlg32.dll. That causes
the application to crash. By debugging the disassembled code, I was
able to realize that Steinberg could have easily fixed the bug. They only
had to make a minor change in the source code. They wont fix it because
they want to make more money off you!

By The Black Numenorean
by pwhodges
Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

First off. OBVIOUS INFORMATION for the unready. This is NOT the ISSUES forum. This is NOT the Steinberg SUPPORT desk. I suggest you visit one or the other if one is serious about having these "problems".

There is less wrong with Cubase than is wrong with the incompetent who can't get it to work like thousands of others can.
Who don't know how to complain properly or even where to complain and who mysteriously have a convenient amnesia when it comes to supplying any handy information that might help themselves like system details. Complaining here just makes you all look a bit foolish because this is a USER self-help forum. Do I have to say that s-l-o-w-l-y. A u-s-e-r selllffff hhhheeeellllppp foooorrroooom. It's not the forum where the sane moan for years and years about the SAME problem they had with the last 8 versions (that they were NEVER going to buy). The problem that bothers no one else because they have got a life.
And I have seen devs contributing here. I have seen problems addressed. I think these posts are cheeky and arrogant beyond belief. How would any of you like to be treated the same way by your "clientele"? The way so much "doesn't work" I can believe complaints about some studios must be numerous. Does one tell the "client" "Sorry but it's Cubase. It's awful!" ? :roll:
And it doesn't help with problems when helpful suggestions are brushed aside as irrelevant because they don't join in with the spurious complaint brigade.

What's going on with Cubase 7 is "not much". What's going on with some users that needs more urgent attention.
Nobody MADE any of us buy Cubase. So why buy all those latest, shiny new versions that you said you'd never bother buying from Steinberg EVER again? I'm as dim as a 40watt lightbulb and I can get Cubase working. Even Cubase 7.
by Buchanan
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ozone 6 dither and Wavelab

There is a 6.01 update to Ozone 6 and now the dither setting works as expected.

Whatever the dither is set to in Ozone, the bit-meter in Wavelab shows the same.
by Jperkinski
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FREE Cubase Imager Pack For Mixer (Over 70 Instruments)

UPDATE 24/03/2015

The FREE Cubase Image packs I've created, for version 7 and up, have now all been uploaded in to one convenient .zip file. Pack contains 76 Instruments, Native Instrument synths, ToonTrack EZ Drummer and Superior 2.0 Drummer custom Icons. All images included are for personal use only. I hope you find them useful!

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nql6c7hje6dc2s9/Markys%20Music%20Pack%20-%20Cubase%20Mixer%20Icons.zip?dl=0

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2ok9Q6byU
by marcusdellicompagni
Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Still awaiting customer support since 15.01.2015

Again - I won't be able to provide "chart content" that I had to edit up, as this is copyrighted and therefore distribution outside of my clients would be illegal.

Your resistance to provide a "fair use" sample for PG to examine truly boggles my mind in this thread. What do you think PG is going to do with your item - use it as a profit generator?

If you really want t get to the bottom of this - (you continue to talk like you never want a resolution) - man up and send PG a sample so he can see what's up?

There is nothing "illegal" about sending a professional courtesy sample for technical support. If your "client" truly has an issue with this - might be time for some new clients....

VP
by Vocalpoint
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Replacing damaged e-licenser

@OP: If the dongle is no longer usable, please proceed with the Steinberg Zero Downtime. You will be also provided with a direct e-mail address when you apply for it in MySteinberg.

@Steve: Indeed, only Steinberg licenses. Every vendor have a different policy - especially concerning lost licenses.

@vic_france: Of course you won't be asked to send the same dongle to different companies - we usually recommend to send a broken dongle also containing 3rd Party licenses to the 3rd Party. We do communicate with them and have a support service for vendors as well.
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone make sense of Musical Mode?

Please stop confusing the people. ;) :lol:

There are two terms:

1. Musical Mode - Turn it on for an audio file in the Info Line or in the Pool and that file will change speed with the project tempo.

2. Time Base - this is a track setting, regardless of the type of content the track contains. Its icon is in the track header: a quarter note for Musical Time Base, or a little clock for Time Linear Time Base.

A track set to Linear time Base will have the start times of all its events locked to Seconds or Timecode position; if you change the tempo the event start times remain the same.

A track set to Musical Time Base will have the start times of all events locked to the bar and beat; if you change the tempo the event start times in minutes:seconds will change, but of course, the starting beat/bar remains the same.

A track can be set to Musical Time Base and have audio files on it that have Musical Mode either on or off, and vice-versa.

Use the right term please! It's confusing enough for new users since the two features have such similar names.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Changing length of wav file

Hi,
What should be happening is that you are encapsulating your wav or "event" into a "part". There is a dropdown for this "Events to Part" - It's possible that the key shortcut is my customisation and has led you wrong. Any way, find "Events to Part". It's under the Audio Menu.

Parts can hold many events. Once in a part, you can drag the beginning and end of it to snap to barlines, beats etc according to your quantise setting. Now you can move or copy the entire part. it's much easier than just working with events. I attach a screenshot to make things clearer. Hope this helps.

Event to part.png
by Parrotspain
Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nevermind new Cubase upgrades, deal with the problems fi

SYNTHMAN3, I'd say it's enough trolling.
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic