Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: 7.5 - any fixes ?

One bug that annoys me a lot isn't fixed: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=45273&p=312764#p312764

Another frustrating thing (not really a bug, rather a feature introduced): http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51246&p=312745#p312745

As for your list, I'm not sure what you're talking about, if you describe in detail, what exactly should we (users of 7.5) check, I'll be glad to be of help.
by sasha-che
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Hi, so I got this newsletter from Steinberg about Valentine's day Sale, and would like to know more specs about Halion Symphonic Orchestra, but I don't seem to find it anywhere on the site! If I follow the link from Steinberg's mail, it directs me right to the shopping cart page, and there's no any info on the product... Is it discontinued or what?
by sasha-che
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion Symphonic Orchestra

I just wanted to double check with anyone if the HSO would be compatible with my set up please ?? I have Cubase Artist 7.5, HALion Sonic SE and HALion Sonic. I originally started with Artist 6, then paid to upgrade to Artist 7, and then 3 x months ago upgraded (for free/grace) to Artist 7.5.

Would the HSO be compatible and also (for those of you who currently own it) does it offer better quality samples than the VST library I currently have (Sonic and Sonic SE) please ??

I've purchased HSO yesterday (and also Halion Sonic -- until yesterday I didn't realize Halion Sonic and Halion Sonic SE are different things). HSO is basically a set of sounds for HS/HSE, it appears inside HS interface as an additional soundset. I'm sure it is fully compatible with your setup. It would be compatible even if you only had HSE, but in this case you could only use it inside Cubase. HS works under other hosts too. Works for me in Logic Pro.

As for HSO audio demos, I had to search for them on youtube... It's ridiculous that this kind of info isn't easy to find on Steinberg's site. HSO is orchestra-oriented library, so it's not just better samples than you already have in HS/HSE, they are more detailed - instruments have different articulations and sometimes different samples of same articulation.
by sasha-che
Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Halion 5 isn't on this sale... Yes, I paid half price for Halion Sonic 2 (99.50 euros).
by sasha-che
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Sasha,

HALion 5 is definitely NOT on sale for sure. I have tried all purchase options.

Regarding HALion Sonic 2, I think my situation might be different to yours because I am upgrading from already owning HALion Sonic SE and HALion Sonic. I think you said that you were recently starting from fresh ?? To upgrade (as in my case) from HALion Sonic to HALion Sonic 2, it has ALWAYS been £82.00p and is appearing at this same price when I add it to my basket. The 50% discount is clearly shown on other items in my basket (eg. HSO, Grand 3 SE, etc) but no deduction is applied to HALion Sonic 2 or HALion 5. They both remain at £82.00p each. If they were to be discounted then they would appear amended at £44.00p each which would be too goo to be true I think !!

It's been a real nightmare to be honest deciding what to purchase and calculating the cheapest option etc !! :?

Are you also planning to purchase HALion 5 ??

Best,

Paul

Well, I had Halion Sonic SE (included with Cubase) and trial version of Halion Sonic on two discs. I installed HS from these discs, purchased activation code for Halion Sonic 2.x and activated HS. Next day I realized that I have HS 1.6, while being able to use 2.x :-) Currently I'm downloading 2.x images and it's really slow...

Have you seen a label on HS somewhere at Steinberg online shop saying "Free update to version 2" or something like that?
by sasha-che
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

What about the opposite thread, "If you don't like 7.5 update..."?

I wouldn't say I hate 7.5, but for me (as I don't use Cubase for composing/arranging purposes nowadays, only for audio editing, mixing and vocals pitch-correction) there's not much difference in comparison to 7.0.6. So I don't really care for 7.5. And what frustrates me most is that little annoying bugs are still there, unresponsive video service, weird MixConsole behaviour, re-appearring Status Line, which takes up screen space. Seems that Steinberg care a little for such details, yet these details effectively kill the workflow sometimes.

I sometimes work at a sound studio, they still have quite an ancient Windows XP PC equipped with Cubase 5, it's funny to notice that my workflow is significantly smoother there, and this is certainly not "old habits die hard" case, it's just the interface which responds more quickly (I mean VariAudio editing here, for instance, which for some reason is slower on Mac) and easier to look at.
by sasha-che
Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5, H Sonic SE and Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Have you read the HSO manual? It says that some patches (those which use crossfading between different layers) use quite a lot of memory, because if you use such patch, all the layers are loaded in memory at any time. I recently did some orchestral arrangement with Combi patches, and had to freeze-unfreeze some tracks to be able to listen to the whole thing.
by sasha-che
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5, H Sonic SE and Halion Symphonic Orchestra

I've got very similar setup here (see signature), use C7.5, HS and HSO every day. Maybe adding another 4 GB of memory would eliminate your problems. But sometimes it seems to me that the best adjustment for Mac (considering working with Steinberg stuff) is to replace it with a PC.
by sasha-che
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7/7.5 parallel to Cubase 6 on the same machine

I have 5, 6, 7, 7.5 installed at the same time, no problems.
by sasha-che
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amatuer newbie...so frustrated

Well, have you tried youtube? There are plenty of free video lessons there. I'd prefer reading the included pdf manual though.
by sasha-che
Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic