Search found 7 matches

Return

Mixconsole: How Zones should look

Zone channels are hard to pick out visually, unless you are scrolling horizontally. And if you have more than a couple channels assigned to zones, they tend to crowd out the other non-zoned channels. What we really need is a return of the draggable "separator bar" so we can position zoned channels and scroll through zones independently of the other channels. This would also let us set up our "zones" so they are more easily identified in the heat of battle.

Screenshot attached.

C7_zones_mix.jpg

JP
by jpgtr
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alternatives to Replace Audio In Video

Quick and easy method: Use Quicktime Pro 7 for simple track replacement (among other editing capabilities). ($30)
by jpgtr
Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survey suggest Steinberg considering subscription model

My studio is now 100% Adobe free thanks in part to their subscription model.

If Steinberg goes subscription... I won't hesitate one moment to dump Cubase. The last thing folks in the recording/music industry need is another monthly payment...

:evil:
by jpgtr
Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

Yes I agree. 2 monitors is the ideal way of mixing. Very smooth.
For OSX that might be true, for Windows it's a different story because the plugin editors hide behind the mix console when you focus on the mix console. Really annoying!

I don't know if you can do the following on Windows, but what I do is enlarge the mix console to fill my screen (but not "full screen") and set plug-in windows to "always on top".
by jpgtr
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

Not a problem here, as my mixer has it's own monitor... : ) Dual monitors rule for mixing!

My "hotspot" problem with C7 mixer is I now have to watch out where I engage a horizontal scroll (using an Apple mouse). Constantly messing up pans and send levels depending on where the cursor is ... One of the reasons why I'm finding it really hard to move on from v6. :? Whereas before I could whip around the mixer with a quick flick of the finger, now I have to interrupt my flow of thought and think about how I'm going to scroll to off-screen channels. Blah!
by jpgtr
Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I don't care about GUI problems I can survive with these issue of course, but the space waste is more more more than before.... very hard to use on Macbook.

Not sure what you mean here. You can modify any window to any size you wish. Yes, there are some things that still work better in 6.5 (less troublesome to access and modify sends, inserts, etc), but v7 is leaps and bounds more customizable in terms of appearance and setting up information you need on screen.

Im on Mac probably everything works better on PC....

Read through more threads (checking signatures) and you'll see the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of that fence...
by jpgtr
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

All I had to do with Reaper was download the White Tie Imperial Theme.

http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reaper/imperial/wt_imperial.html

If only Cubase looked like that, genuinely thinking of jumping ship after seeing this.

No thanks. Having software look like the actual hardware for the sake of, well, looking like actual hardware can actually be counter-productive. There's a word for this: (practically word-of-the-year for 2013, thanks to the iOS7 re-design) Skeumorphism.
by jpgtr
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic