Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Sample Tank demo riff won't turn off!

Here's how to disable the riffs:

1. Open Sampletank.
2. Select the "PADS" tab.
3. On the left of the screen you will see the "Patterns" section with 3 buttons - one with lines and 3 dots, one up arrow and one down arrow. The first button is the pattern button and is lit (on) by default.
4. Tap the pattern button to turn it off. Now you can play lower notes without triggering riffs.

Unfortunately the riff button is always on by default. The good thing is that it is linked to presets so you can create a preset from scratch with the pattern button off especially for sequencing.
by relayer
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arranging in Cubasis is somewhat retro

Everytime I build up arrangements via copy & paste I feel like in the early nineties.

Is a repeat function or a similar tool on the list with planned features?
by Thomas A.
Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis 1.7.2 maintenance update available now!

Will the automation include tempo and time signature changes?

And a quick message to all the douchebags complaining about the price of Cubasis against the utility, please stop being so anal. Its a mighty powerful app offering a good 80% of what Cubase can do at a fraction of the price, so stop bloody well complaining and go make some music!
by Sammy-baby100
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problems with recording audiotracks

Ok I've found a fix for this problem:

Go into settings
privacy
Microphone
Make sure cubasis has access to the mic, mine was switched off for some reason, I'm now able to record through the IO dock :)
by Toblerone72
Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arranging in Cubasis is somewhat retro

I feel the bigger problem here is that each pasted midi segment becomes its own thing. Sometimes this behavior is required, but other times I want to treat is as a cloned pattern I.e. Modify one modifies all. Eg similar pattern functionality exists in bM2 and Nanostudio
by Checkrath
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Piano Roll - No triplet grid/snap?

Firstly, just some praise for Cubasis. You've made long boring train journeys a thing of the past. :D

I'm quite surprised that I can't see a triplet grid in the Piano Roll? I know the flavour thesedays is for wub-wub-wub-wub 4/4 music, but given we can quantise to triplets, it's a surprise not to be able to manoeuvre them locked to triplets in the Piano Roll grid?

Unless I'm continually missing something? :?
by fandango
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Not one '4-20' reference in the lounge today?

No one smokes weed except Dutch tourists and some guy in Ohio who apparently accidentally smoked a joint (but didn't inhale) on a Thursday he thought was the 4th of May (or coulda bin Apron, nah April. Ape Rill, Right.) when it was apparently regalised or sumpn and became the king of Holland.
No one smokes it now.

:lol:
by Buchanan
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There is a problem listing midi ports

Hi,

we can confirm and the issue is reproducible. We are investigating a fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
RG
by Ricardo Garcia
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There is a problem listing midi ports

Hi,

Fixed confirmed in the next update.

best
jan
by Hiltmann
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't copy track wave files between projects

Found a work around my self.

In case of an empty track after copying it from an other project, select and erase the empty wave file of the track. Go to media/trash. Find the deleted wave file and drag the file into the track. After this, the wave file is visible again and shows the original audio data. When one switches projects after this, no empty tracks occurs anymore.

It helps when the wave file name is changed directly after copying the wave file from an other project. This helps finding the file in the trash after deleting it.
by Majorminor
Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Loop Mode Affecting MIDI notes

Hi Dave,

It's by design

1. assign Nave as iAA and as midi output
Result: Nave receive "note off" on cycle end

Solution :

2. assign Nave iAA track to "No Midi output"
Result: Nave receive no "note off" on cycle end

best jan
by Hiltmann
Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audiobus live monitoring in Cubasis **Obsolete? Why?**

Hello all,

I will post the same reply here as in the Audiobus thread:
"It is planned to include Audiobus' latest SDK in the upcoming Cubasis update.
Furthermore we will evaluate if Audiobus monitoring will be possible as well."

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Makes Nuendo @$1700 vs. Cubase @$500?

surfer wrote:Cubasis $50
iMovie free

Go for your Oscar :lol:
by iBM
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prelisten user drum midis

Found another solution:

Now I manage a choice of some 1200 drum midis within a dedicated midi program named "The midiplayer".
To get the files there I used the Windows program iFunbox (access to iOS folders).
To get some order into the drum midis, I used the help of the Bulk Rename utility (prefixes for different kinds of drum grooves)

Result: I can prelisten to all grooves at a fingertip, and then choose the same midi within the Cubase folder structure (where I also got the files by using iFunbox).
by jimknopf
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis 1.8.2 available now / iOS 8 compatibility

Hello,

our engineers can reproduce the Audiobus problem, we will further investigate the problem to fix it in the next maintenance update!
by crohde
Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[CB-2016] Problem with piano roll

When recording midi notes with an external keyboard that are below C-0 they are recorded, but then if you want to edit them you cannot scroll the piano roll below C-0 so you can see the notes to edit.

I found a work around and that is to transpose the track up a couple of octaves, edit the notes, and then transpose the track back down to where it should be.

Is this something that can be fixed?
by sdesign
Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [CB-1993] Open with can't work well

The issue should be fixed within the next update.
We appreciate to hear Cubasis is your favourite app!

Thanks

Lars
by LSlowak
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just curious

Tommy-boy wrote:Whatever happened to Eckard Doll?

-Tom

Every now and then I wonder that myself. But in general, I am feeling fine and no heads have been rolling.
And btw, my last posts date back to Friday ;)

Thanks for missing me already! :)
by Ed Doll
Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How to edit a 30 second cutdown like a pro!

Hi all,

Hopefully the lounge is a good place for this:

As well as being a composer myself I'm also involved with the running of a production music library. One of the biggest problems we repeatedly get from composer's music submissions is the poor quality of their 30 second edits. More often than not I end up having to do the cuts for them and I kept promising myself to write a blog article explaining how (and why) to do it well.

So anyway I finally wrote it! Hopefully it will be of use to some of you who are wanting to get into the world of production music. Please feel free to give me your thoughts (like I need to ask people here to express an opinion)!

http://lemoncake.com/blog/view/54/
by lemoncake
Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

Yeah, it was a little more fun back then. I guess most people realize this is Steinberg ground now and not the wild west of the interwebs like it was on cubase.net and all those places. so who do I remember that I don't think is mentioned too many times already?

PHIL EXPERT very helpful but not so knowledgable haha! wow! :D :lol: :mrgreen: 8-)

Then there was this other guy a lot of people suspected was a resurected PHIL EXPERT, but I guess he wasn't after all? Also very "Helpful"! :?

Martin Brown (aka LeedsQuietman aka LQM) who died from auto immune disorder around the age of 40 maybe in 2010 around the winter holidays! Kind of hurt my head to read! :cry: Then his mother died while preparing for the funeral for his son, or something like that? :shock: :cry:

Donovan played some good guitar stuff but got unlucky with the USB-dongle and dropped out. He had some horror inspired nickname?

the fella who signed of his post with greetings to all dudes and dudettes, and made some extremely funky kind of electronic stuff on VST32. What happened to him?

Jack the man who can't sang but seemed kind of happy anyway? and it was him who said he couldn't sing!!!

Eilen(?) from Wien, Chairman of the bored, drfunk and MrGroove changed their names and stopped typing?

Hackenslash? A real singer!!!

Oh, before I forget it, Happy Birthday, Neil!

And Bill and Nate and some other silly bastards we used to love before they got themselves banned all over again haha! Not sure I see the point, but that's the way they're made? :lol:

Mark the troubadour with the earthquake inducing vibrato
he use to reinvent himself and pop up every once in a while.

Some people with no name (in my memory)
The french guy who made epic film score music like others poke their noses haha! What happened to him?

And that I think Australian guy who just couldn't stop emitting the most insanely accurate and useful advice in almost every post he wrote. He sort of vaporized rigtht around the time I got here. MrAntonio? We should try to clone him ... if we can find him. Kind of the antithesis of PHIL EXPERT haha!

some people I wish I could forget
The orange guy who just knew best all the time and thought he was the brain police or something! Total weirdo!
conman and brains are two other I wonder why, just why? :roll: No, actually I don't haha! :lol:

But the rest I kind of miss! Even if you were wrong all the time and I was always right! 8-)
by HowlingUlf
Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Create own midi drums in media

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps a save as button which saves a selected midi part to my MIDI files might be a good function for a future update.
Paul M
by Paulm
Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis Record/Play of Genome patterns : BUG!

I have sent a note to the Genome engineer to exchange about the issue.
by LSlowak
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis Record/Play of Genome patterns : BUG!

Cubasis 1.8.3 will be released in a few days and includes a fix for a hanging / missing notes issue with specific hardware controllers (CB-1892). There is a chance that this bugfix solves the Genome issue same way.

Please give it a try at your end once 1.8.3 has been released and let me have your feedback.

In case of interest here is a list of all fixes included in the update:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=68658

Thanks

Lars
by LSlowak
Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic