Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: [Question] Does new "Instrument track 2.0" work with VST

Weasel wrote:The chances of Steinberg setting off a firestorm of criticism by [...] disenfranchising thousands of users the ability to use their [old plug-in format] is laughable at best.


Yes. As we all know, only Avid gets away with this.
by orchetect
Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:33 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

2) Did anyone confirm if 7.5 is compatible out of the gate with OSX 10.9 Mavericks? Or will we still need to run that extra little utility that Steinberg posted?
Product page says OS X 10.8/10.9 compatible:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/specs_downloads.html

4) Has there been a bugfix list released yet?
No. Steinberg support has said it may be posted upon 7.5's release.
by orchetect
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Better than advertised

I own Pro Tools 11, Logic X, Reaper, and spent years with a myriad of other DAWs (Sonar, DP, etc.) and have thrown everything at all of them. I always come back to Cubase because there's so many workflow features I rely on that are either completely absent or totally screwed up in other DAWs.

Personally I'll take the minor nuisances in Cubase over the major pain in the arse any other DAW presents.
by orchetect
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Question] Does new "Instrument track 2.0" work with VST

What I wonder is:

Load and work with Kontakt 5 "multi outputs" let say 32ch outputs and 16 midi channel.
If I load Kontakt 5 with new "Instrument track 2.0". Will it give me and work like this:


In the arrangement and Mixer-page
Track 1 -->"Kontakt Track 1"; = "MIDI ch1" and [output 1-2] *same track
Track 2 -->"Kontakt Track 2"; = "MIDI ch2" and [output 3-4] *same track
Track 3 -->"Kontakt Track 3"; = "MIDI ch3" and [output 5-6] *same track

and so on...


I managed to set up a Kontakt in this manner. The MIDI tracks essentially become additional instrument tracks (as in, MIDI track 2 can be wired to send data to channel 2 and you are able to select which of Kontakt's additional audio outputs you want to assign to that MIDI track which then turns the MIDI track into a hybrid audio return.)

Regardless, all enabled audio outs of the Kontakt will show up in the MixConsole.

JMCecil, could you clarify what you mean?
by orchetect
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>
by orchetect
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

Actually all I ask for are bug fixes. :D
by orchetect
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

SteveInChicago wrote:
orchetect wrote:It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51812


Aha! My Steiny-sense was tingling, and it never lets me down.
by orchetect
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.20

9/4/2014

Never Forget
by orchetect
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High latency since 7.5.1

CappacinoKid wrote:I opened a new project and imported everything from the old project and latency was gone. Still weird though cause nothing is different in the new project.


I've read that doing this has fixed a number of other issues people have had in other threads.
by orchetect
Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:02 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1 Pleased, but always room to grow.

Just wondering why you didn't make this thread a poll?
by orchetect
Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:39 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.20 -- project saving takes significant time

I have 40-60 Kontakt instrument tracks in each session. I get long save times often. It seems random though. Once in a while it's only a few seconds. Other times I'm waiting 10-15 seconds.
by orchetect
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any news on .30

ggc wrote:I would like to see a 7.7 :P


I would like to see a 7.7.7. The jackpot of bug fixes.

Image
by orchetect
Fri May 30, 2014 3:47 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Use Quickeys/Keyboard Maestro to enhance/fix various iss

This is the way I get Cubase to load the most recent project. It's assuming that Cubase is already running.

Create a macro in Keyboard Maestro, add Execute AppleScript event, and fill in this code:

tell application "System Events"
tell application process "Cubase"
click menu item 1 of menu "Recent Projects" of menu item "Recent Projects" of menu "File" of menu bar item "File" of menu bar 1
end tell
end tell
You can then assign it a global keyboard shortcut. I assign it Cmd+Shift+O which is Pro Tool's open recent command.
by orchetect
Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Mac] C7.5.30 and OS 10.10.0. 'Sup wi dat'?

After spending an entire day putting Yosemite through its paces - testing ALL my software, plug-ins, etc. I'm happy to say...

Yosemite passes with flying colors for me! And I'm super OCD about my systems. The transition was seamless, and all my DAWs, sessions, and plug-ins run as good or better than Mavericks.

That being said, I made sure ALL my software and plugs were updated to the latest version prior to performing the Yosemite upgrade.

Here's a few details if it helps anyone which appear to be working perfectly :

Drivers:
Syncrosoft & iLok drivers
UA's Apollo driver software (latest version 7.10.x) works flawlessly

DAWs:
Cubase 7.5.30 64-bit (have it pre-installed on Mavericks before the Yosemite upgrade. Otherwise you will need Steinberg's Yosemite install tool - but some users are reporting issues even with the tool.)
Pro Tools 11.2.1 64-bit
Reaper
Adobe Audition CC 2014

Plug-Ins
Kontakt 4.5.1 64-bit (and I assume most, if not, all other Native Instruments plug-ins, though I read on other forums that Maschine and Guitar Rig are having problems)
Play 4.2.2
Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Stylus RMX) 64-bit
Pianoteq 5.1.0 64-bit
WaveArts plugs
Waves - the plug-ins run, however be aware some forums report the WLC app currently has a bug that prevents you from authorizing new purchases or transferring licenses to/from the Waves cloud


I ran into tricky in my travels:
Avid's legacy hardware drivers are touchy. I tried an MBox 2 mini and it was not recognized by the system right away. I've posted instructions for getting it to work on Avid's DUC over here .
by orchetect
Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:52 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asio Guard 2 - does anyone know what sample buffer is us

ASIO Guard 2.0 comes with 3 "levels". I'm not 100% sure what buffers are involved, but it's supposed to be transparent regardless.

This is what the new Cubase 8 manual says:

"The higher the level, the higher the processing stability and audio processing performance. However, higher levels also lead to an increased ASIO-Guard latency and memory usage."

Maybe the release notes have more information? I'm trying to dig them up.
by orchetect
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:33 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyway to put VCA faders in one location on the mixer?

I've been waiting for auto-compose and auto-mix since Cubase VST :roll:
by orchetect
Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:46 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

What exactly do you mean when you say you can disable Instrument Tracks, and how does this affect your workflow?
This functionality is especially useful for those of us that set up large orchestral MIDI templates. Opening a new sequence based off a template with dozens of Kontakts and sample patches can take 30 seconds - or several minutes even - if it's a big template. It will take much less time if you're not forced to load all the plug-ins and samples off the bat. Only a few seconds to get the session open. Then you just "re-enable" the instruments you need as you go.

Does it take some time to "re-enable" or just a few moments? This is like freezing/unfreezing audio yes?
The only time it takes to re-enable an instrument track is the time it takes to load the plug-ins and/or samples (ie: Kontakt) within. So not long. A few seconds tops.
by orchetect
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:50 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

Selected MIDI notes in the Key Editor now show up for reference on the vertical keyboard.

Image
by orchetect
Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:51 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic