Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Mixing Headphones (Help ?)

I'm BIG fan of AKG K702's.... bit more expensive but wonderful! less hyped in the bottom end than some cans, i find this advantageous if i'm wearing them for a while as it helps prevent fatigue... because of their open backed design they're quite similar to listening on mid fields in a lot of ways... a much more open and natural sound field than closed back cans, sounds more like stereo than binaural :D

Don't forget that your new cans will most likely need a fair 'burn in' period too...... mine took about 300hrs of continuous playback before they really settled down... a bit like letting a decent bottle of red wine breathe..... the difference is quite dramatic before and after the burn in... they were quite scratchy and harsh in the upper mids and highs out of the box but after burning in they're smooth as silk!
by matjones
Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CUbase 7.5…when?

Centralmusic wrote:
matjones wrote:i do hope it's loopmash 3! ;) :oops:

oh? why? what´s wrong with Loopmash 2?
:lol:

can't quite put my finger on it....... just... not quite enough...... mash...... ;)
by matjones
Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 6 licence missing

Have you tried installing the latest elicenser yet?
Can usually solve a multitude of issues................
by matjones
Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Showing the lurrve!

.... Just wondering if our incurably romantic favourite DAW manufacturer will be having a Valentine's promotion like they did last year?
.... managed to pick up a couple of nice little bargains last year! :D

C'mon Steiny...... Show us the LURRRVE again!! ;)
by matjones
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UAD-1 plug-ins/UAD-2 solo card/Cubase 7.5.10

I've not transferred any plugs from a UAD1 card as i've never had one but i do have a UAD2 quad and solo in my machine and they both perform wonderfully!

You can transfer your plugins from your UAD1 card to your UAD2 solo from your UA account and they should work just fine!.... unless you have Nigel of course which the UAD2 is unable to run...
pertinent question on UA forum... http://uadforum.com/master-class/15881-did-they-change-sound-emt-plate-140-fairchild-between-uad-1-uad-2-a.html

and YES they're ALL available in 64Bit flavour too ;)
although as far as i'm aware there's a bug with the Ampex/cubase which UA are aware of......

hth!
by matjones
Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you're running the spec in your signature then why not just use the 32bit versions?
i think it's possible to use the 64bit versions in cubase 32bit if you bridge them but i'm on a totally 64bit system so i'm not too sure...

if you're running a fully 64bit system then just use the 64bit UAD plugs.... unless of course you have nigel.....
hth
by matjones
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The legacy versions you mention ALL come with 64Bit versions so if you transfer your plugs to your new account you should get the 64bit versions by default..... you've paid for the plugins already so as far as i'm aware you SHOULD be able to use them with the UAD2... the updated versions of the plugins you mention are completely different versions, i think you're getting the wrong end of the stick possibly here.....
i have the original UAD fairchild which runs on both the uad1 and uad2 platforms and that comes in 32 and 64bit flavours...... as do ALL UAD2 plugins...
so..... if you install BOTH cards in your current machine and assign them both to the same system in your UA account now or before you put it in your new rig, when you transfer the UAD2 to your new machine you'll be golden innit!!!! ;)

If you're still unsure why not contact UA support....

hth
by matjones
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free SoundToys plug-in

I was concerned too as one or two of the Slate plugins were problematic with iLok when it was first released so i was reticent to update.... i also have melodyne which was not working properly in C7.5 initially but i had to update to the new iLok manager in order to install the update to that....... i needn't have worried...... it works beautifully here!
by matjones
Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg + Arturia

To be fair to Arturia initially i had the same issue but i have the feeling my popup blocker may have caused an issue with the download links..... i'm sure i remember a popup being blocked at the time... could be wrong though lol.....

I waited about five minutes, got a conformation email but no download link..... mailed Arturia, got a reply from Jerome within ten minutes and all was sorted a few minutes after...... very pleased with the collection and customer support was spot on in my case.....
sorry to hear others have had problems getting things resolved!
by matjones
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

I just go and make a drink or have a quick vape for a few minutes and contemplate the earth going around the sun.......... and not me ;)
by matjones
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eventide Ultrachannel Plugin FREE!

I'm surprised no one else seems to have posted on this yet but.............

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk.com/ultrachannel.jsp

You'll need an activation code.... got this off gearslutz...... 06EF9112

There do seem to be different codes about but it's not a competition like the SoundToys promo a while back.

Enjoy!!
by matjones
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QUESTION: MIDI 'Mult'?

midi send perhaps?................. ops manual p457.
by matjones
Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone using lil 'Auratone' boxes?

I would like 1 of those Avant-tones to focus on the mid range in mono , but they only come in pairs.

From what I've read, they are great at the mid range stuff because they don't have a cross-over. And what limited bass response they have is very accurate because they are non-ported (so there is no "waterfall" resonance distortion).

I'm not sure where you're based, but here in the UK KMR sell them as separate units... is where i got mine from...

https://www.kmraudio.com/avantone-mixcube-monoblock.php

hth!
by matjones
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caffeine may reduce tinnitus risk - new study

It also appears to have significant mental health benefits too...

There was quite a large study undertaken in the late 1980's i believe here in the UK involving Nursing staff, From what i remember the sample group was in at least the thousands so it was a fairly high quality group for statistical analysis.
There was found to be a correlation between specifically MODERATE coffee consumption and reduced incidences of depression, other caffinated drinks seemed to offer no 'benefits'.... could coffee drinkers have different personality traits or is something 'else' at work?.... would be interesting if someone were to do some follow up... mind you big pharma makes too much money from throwing pills at people at great expense so.........................

Oh and too much caffeine can raise heart rate and blood pressure fairly significantly so could actually CAUSE tinnitus in some cases.
by matjones
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 LoopMash FX blank panel part

windows update guys - you may need service pack 1. also look for any visual/graphic updates from windows too. worked for me. I was running Windows 7 without any updates. in the end rather than update, I went and re-installed and updated. all running fine now. I used to believe in never updating my system, but now im a convert!

Yep i always stay up to date........... still the same problem!
by matjones
Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Grand 3 SE > The Grand 3?

Bit of good news for us TGse owners.... the upgrade to the full version is up for £41.00 currently... NICE deal! :D http://tinyurl.com/najnc87
by matjones
Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always nice to be the bearer of good news :D

It's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIG download though.... just finished and installing now.
by matjones
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah the installation went just fine. There are actually TWO parts to it, the first part is in fact just decompressing the rar files (the whole thing is 29GB decompressed) which i think is where you're at by the sound of it, once this is done THEN you do the proper install, you can install wherever you wish... i have mine running from E:\The Grand 3 and it works just great! :D
by matjones
Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Six out of the seven are, the last one is a bit smaller though so a decent Internet connection is handy!
by matjones
Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep you can run both, the first thing i did after installation was to realise i had a project on the go with TG3se loaded and thought ooops! better check that out.... it opened just fine and both show up separately in your VSTi list.
by matjones
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Waves Sales

Or..... $149 from plugindiscounts.com ;)
by matjones
Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic