Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

I have no words. Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

His suggestion is spot on.. and the more I read the more I think it is extremely possible that your problem stems from a 3rd party issue WITH Cubase 7 and NOT Cubase's fault..

So you're OK with complaing for nearly 365 days but not OK with troubleshooting for 3 days?
With that mentality your complaint privileges should be revoked.

...I rest my case.

Why the confrontational attitude? I can make Cubase 7 crash without any 3rd party plug-ins running. And I have hardly spent 365 days complaining. That's just a ridiculous thing to say.
by Steve Helstrip
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saving patches and programs of nord lead inside cubase 7

Hi,

whenever I finish a track with my NL2 I dump the single patches from each channel I've used to the start of the project and render the audio. Not much else to add.
by Steve Helstrip
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

After 2 hours, just one word: impressed :)
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 - any fixes ?

@Rhino

I had similar problems in 7.06 with Workspace recall. However, after a full day on 7.5 I have not encountered any problems. At all.

I'm feeling much better about 7.5 than any other 7.x version. Feels more polished - what 7.0 should have been.
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Award-winning 32-bit floating-point audio engine

This has nothing to do with 32-bit vs 64-bit software
by Steve Helstrip
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's taken a year but...

Cubase 7 finally rocks!

I knew we'd get there in the end!
by Steve Helstrip
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suggestion to reduce the number of clicks...

It would be wonderful if, when adding an instrument of FX channel, the plug-in field was already selected for you so you could started typing the name of the plug-in/instrument you want to load. As it stands at the moment, as soon as you create a channel the first thing you must do is click on the plug-in field. Unnecessary clicking!

Thanks for reading.
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: auto color tracks/parts?

Preferences>Event Display>Tracks>Auto Color Mode=Use Previous Track Color +1

That should do it!
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MixConsole bug still in 7.07 - nobody noticed yet?

Incoming hotfix.

..I hope.

They didn't fix it in 7.01, nor in 7.02, nor in 7.03, nor in 7.04, nor in 7.05 nor in 7.06, nor in 7.07 ... so why do you feel so optimistic now?

So true. It's amazing how complex Cubase is, yet Steinberg just cannot get these graphics right. I have similar issues when I use Cubase 7.x but I find it's just easier to use 6.5.
by Steve Helstrip
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (Solo) function Question

Have you got the synth set up as an external instrument? This should be handled for you. But if not, you can solo defeat an audio channel (or any other channel), with Alt-click on solo. It will change from S to D.
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.1 Vs Logic X Pro Test on Mac

If you're talking about low latency performance and number of instruments, Logic is way out in front. If you need the features that Cubase offers, then Cubase is way out in front! Any modern computer can handle most projects you can throw at them with relative ease. I use both, but use Cubase given the choice. I find Logic to be more stable, but that's a whole other subject!
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mavericks 10.9.2?

Haven't noticed any difference in Cubase since updating here.
by Steve Helstrip
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

64-bit success!

I've been holding off writing this, since I've had nothing but instability with C7.x since day 1. However, last week I started with a clean project in the 64-bit version and so far have not had 1 crash.

I've always been reluctant to try 64-bit, since I rely on too many 32-bit plug-ins (SoundToys, etc.), but I have been able to set these up inside Vienna Ensemble and run them back into Cubase. And it is working brilliantly!

So, I will probably never know why the 32-bit version was so troublesome for me. I would get random crashes daily, which made it impossible to use. I had tried everything under the sun to resolve its issues, including not using any 3rd party plug-ins, and it would still crash.

So, I'm happy at last!
by Steve Helstrip
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 64-bit success!

@Steve Helstrip
Glad you made the switch and that things are finally working for you but.....what took you so long when there was always JBride, which works flawlessly?!

Well, mainly because I didn't know that 64-bit Cubase would be more stable. I just tried it out of desperation more than anything else! I also thought Jbridge was PC only, but guess not!
by Steve Helstrip
Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Happy that Mutes are now working as expected!

Full day use without any issues here :)
by Steve Helstrip
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

...Hitpoints work as expected... Audiowarp works as expected... My color scheme looks insane... My mixer does not open wide no more(f3)... No more pop/crackle ASIO crap... and yet, more still to discover. Just my impression at the moment.

So basically, what we paid for over 1 year ago is now usable! Yay to that :)
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic