Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

I have no words. Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

His suggestion is spot on.. and the more I read the more I think it is extremely possible that your problem stems from a 3rd party issue WITH Cubase 7 and NOT Cubase's fault..

So you're OK with complaing for nearly 365 days but not OK with troubleshooting for 3 days?
With that mentality your complaint privileges should be revoked.

...I rest my case.

Why the confrontational attitude? I can make Cubase 7 crash without any 3rd party plug-ins running. And I have hardly spent 365 days complaining. That's just a ridiculous thing to say.
by Steve Helstrip
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

So guys, how is it going ?

What about :
- video files reading ?
- 3rd party plugins ?
- old projects ?
- cpu load ?
by f.e
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

Xtigma,

Are you able to load all of your synths? A friend of mine seems to be having issues with this in C7.5. Are all your plugins showing up? Thanks!

Cant load 1/2 my synths .... can't load my old songs ... Track Presets don't retain Routing ... i give up don't they test this stuff at all ???????

Steinbergs Final Joke ....Ho ho F.... Ho ho
by abyss
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.10 discussion and questions

LOTS of other software is released with NO bugs at all. Especially Live and Reaper and Logic and Pro Tools and they all work on EVERYONE's computer just fine.
Cubase 7 sucks because it crashes on MY machine which is just PERFECT. If it doesn't crash on your machine then you're just not using enough plugins like what I do. Plus I write huge scores for movies and my clients look over my shoulder and laugh at Cubase 7 crashing. Please fix it.
I don't believe anyone has pointed these things out before.
by Buchanan
Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.10 discussion and questions

How can anyone claim Cubase is ROCK SOLID. Just read the "improvements" in the "free" Cubase 7.5.10 update. If your Cubase is solid, your probably not using it to its full potential.

Most of these "improvements" (and many more not even done yet) should have been done last year with the initial release of 7.

PS @ SB: Improving implies that you make it better as was advertised, actually you are only "fixing" your bad release.
by Rudi007
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

Actually all I ask for are bug fixes. :D
by orchetect
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

Your statement is hypothetical.

Since we don't have a subscription model yet, $teinberg should provide us with bug free products in the end of each release circle (i.e. work as advertised) without additional costs like point releases or whatever. What they do now is not only unethical but barely legal too. I realy hope that lawsuits will start coming their way soon.
by Sentenced
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: download 'speed' SOLVED

Kotsamanidis wrote:I have a 320mbps connection and with Cubase 8 I'm getting 150kb/sec :(

me too...
cubase 9 will be announced until this one downloads :mrgreen:
by mozizo
Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retina display support

I don't believe it!

At this point it is frankly lazy. Almost every other piece of software I own supports retina. And 100% of the paid software (minus cubase) has supported it for years now. I bought my first retina mac in 2012. It's nearly 2015. Pathetic!
by Rappy
Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

C8..a list of smaller-picture updates

hi, thank you for the list of new "features on the Tin list" of cubase 8 on the Steinberg website...these are the Bigger Ticket items...can we have a list of the smaller "issues resolved" that has also taken place between 7.5 and 8?

for instance, can a track preset finally save the Auxes as well?

has the "scanning system plugins" every daylight saving change been resolved?

can you drag and drop from the audiopool to Battery yet?

presets for audio mixdown window?

can you resize the Instrument rack? (ie make it smaller than 1/3 of the whole screen)

can you drag mixer channels left or right and re-order them by clicking on the mixer channel with the mouse and dragging the mixer channel left or right (criticized in C7 by SOS Mag)?

can you properly recolor the whole mixer channel?

seeing as there is a complete "reworking of the Cubase Engine" and its apparently blazingly more efficient, can you do something mind-bendingly hard thats never been done before...like...i dont know say Add a new Audio Track whilst Cubase is playing without it hysterically stuttering and coughing audio?

i hope these long-standing issues that are mentioned on the forum over and over and over and over and over and over and over again have been addressed?

Cheers!
Blackout

PS. can you please make the C8 manual a separate download somewhere so i can read it before i buy or install the whole software?
by Blackout
Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 - what is your impression ?

My impression? I just found out about it, so...

1. I really dislike these out of the blue BIG REVEALS. Call me old school, but I think it's (cough) more professional to pre-announce and give users something of a road map to where the product is going as do makers of mission-critical apps.

2. Provolone? ... er... Provolution... Seriously? Maybe this is a weird thing I can't get... like Black Pete in Holland. But to my Hanseatic friends: this is just about the silliest 'high concept' marketing slogan ehhhh-ver. The person who came up with it is either an ESL speaker or... the guy who invents all those crazy drug names... Xylentramax! SeleniaFil!

3. That said... at first glance, the feature list is most impressive young Skywalker. There seems to be a good balance between the EDM/kiddie toys and some really useful stuff (Direct Routing, Windowing improvements).

4. It's also good to see that all the sucke... er... enthusiastic early adopters seem to be able to install cleanly. Always a good sign.

In short, from the product launch, SB seems to be performing to standard: town car incremental improvements, short bus marketing.

---JC

PS: 5. And as pointless as it sounds... Why you guys feel the need to collect Sales Tax in America... which like NOBODY does (unless they have a physical presence at the destination). No, I don't really care about the $10 so much as I have a tough time believing that you or your processor -really- fill out ALL the state/county/city paperwork and send out hundreds of picayune little payments to all these jurisdictions. It's one of those things that beggar belief. It -seems- very meticulous, but -feels- kinda scammy.
by suntower
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic