Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Kick Drum Issues

Hello :)
So I started making my own kick drums from scratch in Sony's Soundforge since I refuse to use samples simply because I want the samples to be of my creation, the kicks I have made so far sound great and I'm quite happy with them but when I sequence a kick roll using 1/16 and then 1/32 quantize I get irritating clicky noises that are not present when the kick drum samples are singled out on a 4/4 beat, only in the roll. Now, is this because the samples are overlapping eachother? I wouldn't think so because I've done this before with other kick samples and I don't get the clicky noises, so it's obviously my samples, but what is doing this and how can I fix it? Does anyone use Soundforge that knows this problem? Can I fix this in Cubase? If this will help, I make my kicks MONO with a Sine wave @ 60hz @ -6.2 Db
Thanks in advance :)
(Cross-)fades
by thinkingcap
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Quick Midex 8 question

It works fine in my 6.5 and I've seen no reports here yet that that's changed in 7.
So I can't confirm but it looks good ;).
by Strophoid
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help with analog mixer connections

Strophoid wrote:Nice :)
If it does what you want it to then it's the right way to set it up 8-).

Totally agree. The beauty in it all is you can change it with the push and pull of a plug.
by JSW
Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok I see, that's a messy solution indeed.
Ideally you want the mixer as the central hub where all signals originate or go to. I don't know the soundcraft mixer too well, but I'm sure there's a way to connect your instruments to your mixer, your speakers to your mixer, your computer input to the mixer and the computer output to the mixer.

Additionally, I could be wrong but the way your speakers are connected now you aren't getting a stereo image. These are stereo inputs on mono speakers so they are summed together and both speakers produce the same mono signal in this case. Get rid of the RCA inputs on your speakers and just use the jack input on them, left output on the mixer to the left speaker and right output to the right speaker.
by Strophoid
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok.. yeah forget my first attempt.... look at the manual, page 40 gives some nice layouts. The monitors do hook up to the mixer. the mixer sends the signal out to the cpu then back to the mixer out the master bus to the speakers, you can then play other instruments on the other mixer channels and blend to taste and record at same time by arming the corresponding channel in cubase.

manual; http://www.soundcraft.com/downloads/fetchfile.aspx?cat_id=user_guides. sounds like you may have some head scratching to do though ;)

This is really straight forward, and signal flow is done in the mixer...nice little mixer by the way.
by JSW
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saving recorded audio bits as wav files?

What happens is that a new file with a new name is created. Look into the pool, it's placed in your projects audio folder. The file created has samplerate and bit depth according to your project settings.
by marQs
Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saving recorded audio bits as wav files?

The pool shows you the name and location of the the file (usually in the audio folder). So just copy it whereever you want.
by BriHar
Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Converting synth arpeggio's to MIDI notes

Not sure if you are only running audio in or have a midi in as well, so I can only think of one way at the moment
Take you audio (monophonic) file and dbl click to go into edit.
Select variaudio and then pitch & warp - this will show you your notation
Select "extract midi", then destination = new midi track
Should be pretty close.
The manual has loads of info on this (that isn't meant as a criticism by the way)

Neil B
by Neil B
Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

http://seyoum.net/pictures/Logo.jpg

Hi everyone.

This is a neat little color pack I made for Cubase 7.5. For me, the default colors were not enough as I tend to have a lot of tracks, often with the same instruments, but with variations. It takes a considerable long time to make a set of new colors so I thought I would share it with you guys so you don't need to do this yourself. Am I not grateful? :D

http://dawlab.net/pictures/Iro.jpg

The pack consists of 8 different main colors with 8 additional shades of each color. 64 colors in total!
Once you install the colors I suggest you do not tamper too much with the intensity/brightness as this can cause some of the colors to look alike. Yes, I did this myself and had to redo everything.

Please see the link to my blog for installation: http://www.dawlab.net/2014/04/26/iro-2-0/

I do not have the privilege to test this on a mac or different versions of Cubase. If you are able to successfully apply these colors on another system please share how you did it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Seyoum
by seyoum
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi recording issues

Why will it only record arpeggios from some synths but not the virus indigo?

Aloha H,

I would check with the virus folks (or check the manual)
and ask if those arpeggio sounds are actually sent out as MIDI info.

Some times theses types of features only happen 'in box' in a sort/type of 'performance mode'
and do not send that info out to other MIDI capable units. (yer 'puter etc)

My Roland GR55 guitarsynth does some great stuff but it is all 'in da box'
and will not output as MIDI info; while my much older GR50 will.

—go figure.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic