Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Cant Install 7.06 mac

I would suggest uninstalling C7 (trash from Applications). Then reinstall from the Cubase 7.0.2 Complete Installer on http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... s_cubase_7

Then update to 7.0.6. If it still fails, let us know.
by Chris Dobbs
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Better than advertised

I have to agree.

I've come to realize that with every DAW release, there are some who will experience many bugs, some will have only a few bugs and some who won't have any at all.

And it seems that most, if not all software has the potential for some bugs anyway.

But this summer, I switched from Cakewalk Sonar X2 & Presonus Studio One and really like the surprises that were awaiting me in Cubase.

I don't regret my purchase at all - [full purchase]. It is the only DAW I use now.

It seems far ahead of the other 2 DAWs that I have.

And now the option to control it with just hand gestures using the new 'free' - I repeat 'free' software from Steinberg, when some of the others are just getting around to surface touch control, puts them way ahead!
by jamusic
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Better than advertised

I bought 7.0 and have been reading the forums since it's release. I just wanted to state that I was afraid to install it for some time because the forums give one the impression that it is an absolute pile of bugs and problems. My experience with 7.0 upgraded to 7.2 has been without incident and the new mixer and chorder etc. is awesome! Just a message for those too nervous to upgrade like I was.
by drde
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Better than advertised

I have to say, i've had experiences with other DAWs, and I always come back to Cubase as my go-to DAW, I'm so fluent in it's work-flow and know all the shortcuts to get what I need done. There is only one thing I desire from another DAW to be integrated into Cubase as an additional feature, and that is a single window layout like logic / studio one, but Cubase 7 has countered that desire with a smarter window behavior.

I've spent the last few days, ~28 hours on a single project and have not had a single crash, show-stoppers or crazy-ness occur, Cubase's reliability it's been this way for me since Cubase 5.

For me, I compose and record in Cubase, I use some outboard synths/FX and only a handful of VSTi & VST-fx plug-ins, some via jBridge, Cubase is more reliable than I can ever remember. There are odd issues sometimes but I find they are usually the host system causing them but I will say, I'm kinda happy there were some bad times in Cubase history for bugginess (CubaseSX 3 was the worst, IMO) , that is how I developed OCD for saving my projects constantly, and making backups of them too. So I rarely ever lose a performance due to a Cubase bug.

My advice to anyone prospectively looking to upgrade is to go ahead, you can always finish your current projects on an older version along side the newer version until you really get it setup with your prefs and give it a good shakedown with all your plug-ins and drivers etc.
by TheOmegaShadow
Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 - Veröffentlichung 04.12.2013

hi,

habe mir das update gestern installiert. dreimal musste ich den download neu starten. hat sich immer wieder aufgehängt.
weil gar sooooo viel los war bei steinberg. ihr neugierigen updater!!! :) war aber alles nicht schlimm. keine kritik.

habe dann endlich cubase installiert nachts um drei. noch ca. bis morgens um sechs mit gearbeitet. heute, ab 12:00, den ganzen tag. bis jetzt. das update noch vor beenden des auftrags zu installieren ist natürlich sehr sehr gewagt. ich war
eben auch unglaublich neugierig, und hab auf ein wenig glück gehofft. welches ich auch hatte:
dauerte alles ca. 30min. (nachdem der download abgeschlossen war). cubase update drauf, lizenschlüssel eingegeben und
vst ordner zugewiesen/gescannt und dann gewartet. neustart und cubae geöffnet.... PRIMA!!! alles da. graphisch interessant. schnell in den programmeinstellungen punkt für punkt meine häckchen gesetzt, und das letzte projekt geöffnet. ausgezeichnet...smithers... alle drittanbieter plugins da. uad, waves, spectrasonics etc.
das projekt hat ca. 90 spuren. hatte sogar den eindruck dass die cpu ein wenig zurück ging. bei gleicher buffersize (128).
dieser asio guard scheint, bei mir, jetzt endlich zu funktionieren. blah blah...

wollt nur sagen dass ich seit dem update eigentlich permanent vorm rechner sitze, und ich gefühlt(?) eine bessere performance habe. läuft super stabil. keinen absturz oder irgend ein gezicke. trotz eines relativ großen projekts mit massenhaft automationen und teilweise bis zu sechs plugins in den kanälen.

bin total happy damit. saubere arbeit steinberg!!! cubase ist und bleibt seit drei jahren meine absolute lieblings daw.
die summe der vorzüge machts einfach aus. schleim schleim... aus eigener erfahrung, und aus dem umfeld, kenn ich so ziemlich alle gängigen daws.
magneto und revelation sind der killer für nen daw content. für diese qualität von nem hall könnte man alleine schon ein paar hundert euros verlangen. werde im nächsten song definitiv damit arbeiten. der sound von dem ding ist ein guter kontrast zum emt 250/140 von uad. die einzelheiten der neuen features hab ich nur mal kurz angeschaut. konnte diese noch nicht gebrauchen heute. wichtig war dass das aktuelle projekt nicht spackt und abzuschließen war. butterweich... sag ich nur.... :) feierabend!!! prost (oder irie)

dicke grüße

rondozza
by Rondozza
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PRICE IN US$

Okay, I see it is a price issue only.

As I am aware that USD is cheaper this is true but we have a global pricing structure in the onlineshop and we are an EU based company. Since we have this, there is nothing we can do about this.

A lot of products can be found at dealers in your area, maybe you can haggle there a bit...

I am sorry, I cannot help here but I can keep it in mind if there will be a possibility to change this.

Thanks.
by Melosch
Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Step-By-Step Guide for using the Remote Control Editor

Step-By-Step Guide for using the Remote Control Editor
to customize your own plugin parameter layout for the following hardware:

Mackie Control MCU
Mackie HUI
WK-Audio ID
Avid System 5 MC
Avid Artist Series
Yamaha DM2000
Yamaha NUAGE
Cm Motor Mix
Radikal SAC-2K
Steinberg Houston
and also any other third parties hardware system that supports Mackie Control Mode (or Protocol) in the plugin editting area/section .

It is assumed that by this point, you have set up your supported hardware controller well with Cubase/Nuendo, meaning that you have successfully connected your device with the DAW via the device setup menu for usual operation. For more details about how to set up your hardware with the DAW, please refer to the appropriate info/manual page accordingly, as this guide only covers some tips on how to bring the most out of your RCE for your VST plugin control experience on your hardware.

Ok, I will try my best to explain the topic as easy as possible here and hope that I won't be bringing the convoluted stuff this time, which I allegedly did ;-) In any case, if there's any unclear section, please feel free to ask or write me.

1. To make things simple and easy to understand, let's create an empty project with a single audio track. Then insert a VST plugin (let's say the MultibandCompressor plugin from the default Steinberg plugin set) into the 3rd slot of the insert section at the channel inspector, as an example.

2. Now, regardless of which hardware from the above list that you have, there is a standard and well-defined way to "browse" or go to the insert plugin section of the mentioned audio channel on your hardware controller (and I hope you know how to do this :-)). At this point, one should see 8 insert slots available for the instant access on the hardware, where the 3rd one has been loaded with the MultibandComp in our example.

3. Enter the plugin control layer of the 3rd slot (MultibandComp) by pressing the knobtop or any other corresponding function or page button dedicated for this (depending on the standard of your own HW), one should see that part of the multibandComp parameters are listed along the encoder knobs of your device, for instance, the top 8 encoders of the MCU device. Alright, up to this point, this is where/how we control those VST things since the HW integration introduced many years ago for the listed devices...
(Something worth mentioning here is that, such hardware-based focus-oriented workflow in different function layers like Channel EQ, Channel Inserts, Sends, etc are not available on the generic remotes in general, as it requires some extra MIDI specifications that are only offered by protocols such as Mackie Control, EuCon, etc)

4. For all VST plugins delivered by Steinberg, a well-thought layout of the underlying parameters has been predefined from factory, thus one should usually get the usable/important controls directly on the first page upon accomplishing step 3 above. But what if you have a 3rd-parties plugins or the pre-defined layout by Steinberg does not fit your actual use case or workflow? Let's say, the order or the naming of the MultibandComp parameters that you see on your hardware does not appear to be optimal enough...

5. Now, by staying at where you are on your hardware (the parameter control layer of MultibandComp, I will use MBC from now on). Open the so-called Remote Control Editor from the MBC plugin window via mouse (you usually only need to prepare once for each plugin if the param order is less satisfied )

6. If I'm not mistaken, you should see the following parameters order for Page 1 by default (from left to right, for 8 cells Standard Layout)
- Solo
- Output
- Bypass
- Threshold1
- Ratio1
- Attack1
- Release1
- MakeUp1

Now, you could...

Hide or Remove a particular parameter
1. Let's say you already have the insert slot bypass somewhere at the top layer... and the Bypass (delivered by default) is an unnecessary duplicate here that you would like to remove...
2. simply activate the "Learn mode" by clicking the "L" button near the top-right corner.
3. Then, click on the knob of the 3rd cell in page 1 (in this case the cell with the "Bypass" parameter) to get the focus on the corresponding knob encoder on the RCE GUI, one should see the blue line covering the GUI knob area indicating the focus. By pressing "Backspace" or "delete" at this point, one can remove the assignment of the current virtual HW control.
4. By pressing "Apply" button at the top-right corner of RCE, one should see the change applied immediately to your hardware... Meaning the physical knob encoder that previously controlling the "bypass" function is now empty/idle.

Rearrange a particular parameter (or the whole page)
1. One could also drag and drop a particular cell to replace (exchange or copy) it onto another cell in any page. Simply left-click on the empty area within a cell in RCE (that is any area outside the knob or switches GUI), while holding it and dragging it to your desired location of the targetted cell.

Tip1: by pressing "CTRL" or "Alt" during drag and drop operation, you gain the possibility in exchanging two cells or duplicating the same parameter onto another cell.
Tip2: One can do the same with the complete page by dragging and dropping the page body.
NOTE: this can be done in either both Learn mode or normal mode.

Rename a particular parameter
1. Let's say "Threshold1" is too long to fit in your MCU LED display.
2. On the RCE, double-click on the label part of the 4th cell of page 1 (namely the Threshold1 parameter cell) and name it as "Thd1" and confirm it with "Enter". Then click on the "Apply" button near the Top-Right corner of the RCE. Now, you should see that the name is updated accordingly on your MCU device's LED section too... (The same applies to all other supported HW)

Note: Depending on the availability of your HW, most devices only have one LED display for each knob encoder, while some high-end counterparts could provide up to three different length on different control sections, for instance, the Avid System5-MC. For the common case where you only have one single LED display for each knob encoder, please use the "Main Label" for the rename step.
Tip: The "Main Label" is also the top label you see on each cell block in the RCE page.

Define the LED ring behavior based on the parameter charateristic
1. Many listed HW supports various LED ring mode on each Knob encoder to indicate the functionality or characteristic of the corresponding Knob encoder (or the underlying parameter) more intuitively. For instance, one would usually expect the center-hooked gauge metering for a "Pan" parameter, while a left to right increment ring gauge for a "Gain" parameter, etc.
2. Depending on the availability of your HW, you can specifically define the LED ring behavior of each knob (cell) for better user experience on your HW. In practice, this does not change the behavior of the knob encoder itself but the look and feel of it.

Customize your own layout from scratch
1. Practically, it is also very convenient to redefine the whole layout right from scratch. Simply reset the whole thing via the "Reset All" button. Remove the excessive pages down to the last one.
2. Then, activate the Learn mode by pressing the "L" button
3. In learn mode, left click on the knob (or switch if applicable) of any cell to get the focus (blue line covering the control area), then go and click on the intended parameter switch or dial on your VST plugin GUI, one will assign the clicked parameter directly to the focused knob/switch in RCE.
4. Alternatively, one could also double-click on the corresponding cell knob (or switch) during the "Learn mode" to get a pop-up tree list for assigning the intended parameter similar to the channel quick control assignment workflow.

Another good example:
Let's say you only need the threshold and ratio parameters of each band but nothing else ever in your work, which in this case made up 8 parameters in total that you would like to use frequently.

Then, one could practically assign the pairs from each band onto the first page and remove the rest (assuming that the engineer never uses the rest of the parameter in the future ever again). In this case, one can assign the following parameters from left to right in page 1:
- Thres1
- Ratio1
- Thres2
- Ratio2
- Thres3
- Ratio3
- Thres4
- Ratio4

Then, remove the rest of the secondary pages (by pressing the "-" button near the edge of the page). Once done, press "Apply" and there you go.... the hardware will only provide the one and only page (a knob encoder row on the HW) with your most favorite parameters each time you access the plugin editting layer.

Important notes

1. Not to be confused with MIDI learn for the generic remote setup, the "Learn" mode in RCE is similar to the one in the channel quick control block, which allows you to learn and assign the VST plugin parameter under your mouse click to the focused knob or switch of any cell in RCE.

2. For choosing the right layout in RCE for your HW, please refer to this table: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/download/file.php?id=4132

Note that if your hardware controller is not listed on the table, but emulates Mackie Control mode that allows you to control insert strip and VST plugins from the surface. Please see your device as "Mackie Control device" and use the "Standard Layout" for your MC-compatible device.

3. Once you got the particular plugin editing layer active on your hardware. Any change made on the RCE for that particular plugin will be reflected on the fly to your hardware whenever "Apply" is triggered.

So, in general, you only have to set up once for each VST plugin that does not deliver a meaningful parameter order initially for the VST plugin editing on your HW.

Hope that this helps. Thanks!
by sming
Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I JUST BOUGHT CUBASE 7!

This is just a simple hello, from me, to all of you. I bought Cubase 7 today and was pleasantly surprised to get the 7.5 license and update immediately after installing. I'm now 100% up and running and eager to jump right in. I'm sure I'll have many questions and will also hopefully be able to offer help and advice as much as my experience allows.

Happy holidays, happy new year, CHEERS!

Glenn
by rattleshock
Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Halion 5 with all 16 outputs being used .
Ga4 se with 12 outputs being used .
Padshop pro with the 4 instances being used .
Alchemy with 2 instances being used .
Uad plugin's .
Camel plugin's .
External fx x 2 .
External instruments x 8
AUTOMAP 7.0.3beta

NOT A HINT OF A HICK UP .

MIXDOWN ............. PERFECT

Since I was given the information how to stop Cubase crashing on exit I have not had one problem with C7.5 , you can all hate me for saying this but on my workstation this has to be the most stable Cubase ive ever used ! FACT .

im over the moon .

Don't turn this into one of your moaning whinging threads .This is a feel good thread for systems that are running correctly .
by G-string
Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where is Steinberg?

Hiya Ed=)

1. Cubase 7.5 Docs were not available on the main site. - The midi devices doc is also not up to speed (to the new cubase) - yet obviously still valid
2. thx for the info)
3. Adding attachments in PM - The allowed attachments are not allowed..
4. I am all for the "greater" ideas ;)
5. This makes me happy. Pls send my regards to them for all their fine work. Thanks for the contribution to mankind!=) I hope life is good under the umbrella=)- You are also under mine;)
6.You are absolutely right. - I do look on the bright side and wish it for all.. this post was not meant to be negative in anyway btw..-sometimes, I crash -can happen:P - You know how complex this whole construct of life is:P
Now, I love you guys (platonically) and Cubase is Ace! - Trust me, I know ;) I wish you all the best in life.- as someone we know once said: "Live Long and Prosper" ;)
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!=))
by ggc
Fri May 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great new look

:) :) we like
by popajoe
Mon May 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Laptop with Mac osx and no Cubase AI anymore

I can't send PM so I am thanking you here!:)You are the best!
by jefferson907
Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: eLicencer responding whenever..

No luck with that. I decided to uninstall everything and install it again. It seems ok now.
by SC2013
Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5 announced

I just updated to N6 a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting a steep learning curve and a whole bunch of problems. Instead I've found it the most intuitive and easy update in my musical career. My only problem is that my new PC occasionally refuses to recognise I have a dongle unless I remove and replace it. But Hey, I can live with that and it's probably the PC rather than the software.
The new interface is great but I got the impression from the forum that it was going to be a nightmare which makes me a bit confused about what the problems are but I have to say I am very, very happy. It even starts pretty quickly. Am I missing something?

Bring on N6.5!
by Rob Brown
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Manual

The Nuendo and Cubase manuals have always been some of the best I've seen.

Back when I was still running Sonar, they did a major version release with no user manual. None at all. Naturally, the users were less than thrilled and the company's response was that they'd get around to it. I started looking at other options after that as it struck me as particularly unprofessional.

I've been in the software biz since the late 80s so I know that documentation is something that few take the time to do properly. Kudos to Steinberg for hiring professionals and doing it right.
by ChrisDuncan
Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Erster Eindruck mit Cubase 8 - Mac

Hallo Steinberg,

ich weiß nicht wie ihr es gemacht habt oder was ihr gemacht habe aber ich muss ganz ehrlich zugegeben das dies die beste Cubase Version seit der 6.0 er Version ist! Obwohl ich seit längerer Zeit Mischtechnisch auf Pro Tools gewechselt bin konnte ich von diesem Update nicht finger lassen und muss wirklich eingestehen das euch diese Version wirklich gelungen ist. Die Sachen die mir aufgefallen sind

- Das Programm reagiert wesentlich fixer. Scrollen usw. läuft wesentlich schneller als vorher.
- Große Projekte (ich spreche von Projekten die über 120 Spuren beanspruchen) werden zwar nach meinem Empfinden nicht unbedingt schneller geladen aber die Reaktionszeiten beim Anfahren an eine bestimmte Position oder alleine das starten des Songs sind wesentlich schneller und das macht wirklich sehr großen Spass so!

- Alles sieht wesentlich edeler aus. Das hat der Designer diesesmal wirklich viel getan. Mir gefallen die Schriften usw. Auch wenn sie dem einem oder anderem vielleicht zu klein erscheinen sollten finde ich den Kompromiss sehr gut gelungen da dadurch natürlich auch mehr auf dem Bildschirm passt. Alles wirkt sehr viel edeler und so hat man auch mehr Spass seine 12 std am Tag vor dem Rechner zu verbringen. Bei der 7.0 gefiel mir dies z.b überhaupt nicht.

- Der eine oder andere wird zwar lächeln und wird sagen das gewisse Dinge von Logic übernommen wurden (wie z.b der Browser auf der rechten Seite) aber darum geht es nicht. Wenn etwas funktioniert muss es nicht noch einmal erfunden werden. Dieses Konzept gefällt mir sehr.

- Bounce and Place habe ich noch nicht probiert aber wenn es so funktionieren sollte wie ihr das durchgegeben habt dann wird dies im Arbeitsalltag eine sehr große Bereicherung sein da man dadurch sehr viel Zeit sparen kann. Mit der Export geschichte ging das vorher zwar auch aber teilweise musste man Routings usw. ändern um dann die richtigen Bounces zu bekommen. Finde ich so klasse gelöst und vor allem das man eine Einstellung ferstlegen kann mit der man dann schnell seine Bounces erledigen kann. Dafür gibt es ein großes Händeklatschen! :D

- Finde ich super das ihr dieses Mal nicht den Weg gegangen seit wieder neues Zeug einzupacken sondern vorhandenes zu optimieren. Den was nützen einem die Tools wenn sie nicht sauber funktionieren ....dies erzeugt nur Frust beim Kunden. Ihr habt auf alle fälle genau an den richtigen stellen angepackt und optimiert und dafür hätte ich auch freiwillig mehr bezahlt. Ich kann hier einige nicht verstehen das sie 149 Euro gerne bezahlen wenn ihnen ein paar Synths und Effekte mitgegeben werden aber 100 Euro zuviel erscheinen wenn am Kern der Software gearbeitet wurde und dann solche funktionieren wie Bounce usw. mitgegeben werden. Ich denke mal das dies nicht gerade einfach war da die Funktion ja das Signal auch variabel abgreifen kann. Ich zumindest stelle mir das nicht gerade einfach vor....

Das mit dem VCA Fader habe ich noch nicht ganz verstanden. Ich habe vorher die Kanäle verbunden und sie zum bearbeiten auf eine Gruppe geschickt wo ich auch die Sends zu den Effekten ansteuerte. Den Input oder Output der Effekte konnte ich ja immer noch angleichen. Was man ja früher auch so machte:-) Was soll den jetzt bitte anders sei? Heist das wenn ich den VCA Regler einsetze das er mir dann auf der Gruppe den Input der Effekte usw. alles mit angleicht oder wo soll ich da die Vorteile sehen? Also gefehlt hat mir die Funktion noch nicht - aber vielleicht auch deshalb weil man sie noch nicht kannte:-)

Der Media Browser ist zwar klasse aber könntet ihr für das nächste Update nicht irgendwas machen (ja ich weiß das nervt bestimmt schon weil ich jedesmal danach frage aber ich alleine aus dem Grund mit Pro Tools mische) das man Songs im Media Browser anklickt und man dann an die jeweiligen Kanal Einstellungen rankommt ohne sie zu öffnen. Der Media Browser müsste ja quasi nur die Einstellungen auslesen ohne den Song zu öffnen (Stichwort "Import Session Data") Dies würde bei großen Projekten die Arbeit immens erleichtern und vor allem auch verkürzen da man so gezwungen ist die Projekte einzeln zu starten, speichern und wieder einzuladen. Ist bei einzelnen Projekten vielleicht nicht schlimm aber bei großen Produktionen eine immense Zeitverschwendung.

Das beenden des Programms unter 10.9 (Yosemite traue ich mich noch nicht ran) dauert ganz schön lange. Länger als früher. Vorher hat er immer eine Fehlermeldung angezeigt. Das tut er jetzt nicht mehr aber dafür dauert es eine Ewigkeit. Speichert er da wichtige Informationen in der Zeit oder was passiert da? Wenigstens stürzt das Programm nicht mehr ab:-) Was mir aufgefallen ist das ihr was die Betriebssysteme angeht sehr schnell den Cut schalten einlegt. Ich gebe zu bis 7.5 mit Snow Leo gearbeitet zu haben (ja leute das funktionierte auch wenn es nicht freigegeben war). Bei der 8 habt ihr ja einen Riegel vorgeschoben und ich war gezwungen es auf meine 10.9 Partition zu installieren aber die anderen Systeme sind auch nicht gerade alt das man sie sehr schnell nicht mehr unterstützt. Tut mir einen Gefallen und läst 10.9 nicht schnell zum altem Eisen gehören. Bin ein Freund davon lange mit einem bestimmtem Betriebssystem zu arbeiten.

So und jetzt eine sehr große bitte die aber bestimmt ein Wunschdenken bleiben wird (weil schon alleine eure Controller so ausgelegt sind). Stockt bitte die Inserts auf....min 15. Ihr habt ja geschrieben das ihr an der Audioengine gebastelt habt....ich hoffe ihr habt auch diesen Punkt im Vizier gehabt. Effektive 6 Pre Inserts sind einfach zu wenig und nicht mehr Zeitgemäss...daher der Weg bei mir das ich sehr oft die Bearbeitungen auf den Gruppen weiter ausarbeite. Was nicht immer gut ist....alleine wegen der Übersichtlichkeit.

Kanäle Mono Stereo schalten - Ultrapflicht liebe Steinberger. Braucht man verdammt oft...

Und wenn ihr diese paar Punkte noch in diese knaller Software reinpackt bin ich bereit 500 Euro Update kosten zu bezahlen. Den spätestens dann brauche ich keine weitere Software mehr um schneller arbeiten zu können..... 8-)

Liebe Grüsse und noch mal vielen vielen dank für das tolle Update
CubMac
by CubMac
Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Windows 8.1 Problems - YAMAHA STEINBERG DRIVER PROBLEM

I've also been experiencing the joys of FireWire and Win 8.1 and been scouring the web for solutions.

You will all pleased to know that MS have released a signed Legacy FireWire driver!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2014/09/10/announcing-the-availability-of-a-standalone-legacy-1394-ohci-firewire-package.aspx

Try to share this on any boards you're on as there's so much talk about using the Win 7 drivers that it took a surprising amount of time to find this!

Enjoy! :D
by very_random_man
Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]Pricing - why so expensive?

After being initially upset about the pricing I anyway bought the update and I think it is fair to say that it is well worth it. There are indeed so many new useful features that I want to apologize for the initial negative comment about the price for the update. Sorry, lesson learned.
by rhino666
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UR44 needs Mic input repair

Here's an update. I sent my UR44 back to Sweetwater and they in turn sent it to California's Steinberg repair center down in Southern Cal. They fixed it and now I have a perfect UR44. I was disappointed that I had to part with the unit for 2 weeks but Sweetwater and Steinberg were very professional in handling my issue.
I really like the UR44 - a lot.
by Rimshot51
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic