Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Sample Editor "Half-Level Axis"....

Well, In the open Sample Editor when I right click over the sample (wave) it's at the bottom of the list -- In Preferences/Editing/Tools "Pop-up toolbox on Right Click" is off = no tick

I noticed it while searching for the now non existent grid for Free Warp.
Ah..! Interesting; I just went to look again after reading your reply - yep, its there. Nice.

(and of course, if you hold down CTRL key whilst right-clicking - with 'toolbox popup' enabled in preferences - you get the full menu context list, with the 'Show Half-Levels' item right at the bottom).

(oh, and the grid for FreeWarp, we are told, is definitely coming back in the 7.5.20 update due around April..!) ;)

Cheers,
bob
by Puma0382
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, In the open Sample Editor when I right click over the sample (wave) it's at the bottom of the list -- In Preferences/Editing/Tools "Pop-up toolbox on Right Click" is off = no tick

I noticed it while searching for the now non existent grid for Free Warp.
by Oscat
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey, do you know what - I'm not sure I've ever seen one..! Not at my machine now, but I will look later...
by Puma0382
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MultiBand Compressor Bypass Buttons

Here (PC, CB7.5.10) the MB's band bypass buttons work as expected. The processing is bypassed when the bypass button is enabled.
Maybe it's only happening on a Mac, but are you sure you don't confuse bypass with mute state?
by Niles
Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you're confusing the bypass state based on continued latency, use the Live button on the MBC and the latency goes bye bye. I made this incorrect assumption. Another user cleared it up for me.
by Brock
Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A New Machine then I suppose...
:D
by BriHar
Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modulation Matrix Question

Well, you have found something that is certainly not available in the other Zone!
Personally, I don't know how you could do what you describe.
:(
J.L.
by jaslan
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modulation Matrix Question

It is an interesting question and I did not know the answer either so I decided to try it. ;)
I tried to send the LFO of Zone 1 to Bus 1 and then, in Zone 2, I assigned Bus 1 to the Level.

It did not work... :(
It appears that the modulation signals are only available within the zone. But, what parameter are you trying to use as a source that is NOT available in the other zone? For example, if you have an envelope or LFO in Zone 1 that you want to use in Zone 1 AND Zone 2, you can just duplicate the LFO or envelope in Both Zones (Or just select the layer and create the LFO/envelope there and it will duplicate the settings in both zones for you).
I am just trying to establish a use case to see if there is a way to do it.
J.L.
by jaslan
Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI Track Pitch Bend

The list editor I have rarely touched.

Perhaps this is one reason this topic is so 'tricky' for developers;
because there are soooo many different ways to approach these MIDI pitch bend issues.

Example:
Because of the way I learned MIDI; (that being without a computer, and using hardware sequencers only),
I live in the List Editor.
With the LE you know EVERYTHING that is going on. (like getting under the hood of a car)
Especially when dealing with six diff simultaneous MIDI tracks of data each with its own bend rate.

Couple the List editor along with the Logical Editor and that's all I really need to make music.
(that's all those old hardware sequencers were anyway/with floppy disks HA!)

That being said I am totally grateful for the development of the Cubase GUI
but it is still nice to know what is going on downstairs.

{'-'}

BTW
how about 'Wind/Breath Controllers' and their 'MIDI bend' issues.
by curteye
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah, a big +1000 for this one please. It's time that certain midi events became more 'intelligent' and Pitch Bend is the biggest necessity here. Also it needs to have an automation lane too.

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I 100% agree that the controller lanes are clunky. I feel like a programmer working with a backend interface rather than a musician working with something built for a musician. There are so many great UI ideas out there now via third party plugins for working with MIDI automation, sequencing, etc.

I posted about note bends specifically a couple months ago...
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=54418

And now having further developed my thoughts on the issue (specifically in the context of guitar), again today...
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=56782

My feeling was it might be easier to deal with this sort of thing in the scoring editor, but would love to have simple controls for the same things in the piano roll where I am more comfortable composing anyway. The list editor I have rarely touched. That really makes me feel like I've stepped into another world.
by Greg Houston
Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aloha guys and +1

And this thread is only talking 'keyboard' pitch bend ranges.

Try it with MIDI guitar using the 'MIDI Mono Mode' protocol
(firing on six different MIDI channel at once)
with bend ranges from +- 24.

This another reason (along with their buffering scheme)
that I can't use Logic (and some other DAWs) as effectively.
{'-'}
by curteye
Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really like your second idea. The way the HALion instruments have been so deeply integrated with Cubase seems like it wouldn't be hard to have the instrument report to Cubase the range of pitch change.
But, EVEN if the information doesn't come from the instrument, it would be really great if the user could at least define the graduations in the controller lane (i.e. +4 half steps and -12 half steps) and allow snapping to those values.

As far as the first idea, I almost feel like if the second idea were done properly, you wouldn't need the first feature.

J.L.
by jaslan
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1 for both.

I've ranted before that controller lanes should be more 'intelligent'... ie. Pitch should be displayed (and edited) differently from Sustain (2 or at most 3 values), etc.
by suntower
Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel Strip/EQ location question clarification?

Quote from OP:

"But if I move the Channel Strip to be Pre Insert instead of the default Post Insert, does the EQ Position go with it and become Pre Insert also? Or can I leave the EQ located after Insert 6 as is the default in the layout??"

Yes, the EQ will also become Pre Insert.

Mind you:

The order of the effects in the Channelstrip can always be altered to your preference in 2 ways:

1) In Project Page > Inspector> Strip Tab : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.
2) In Edit Channel Settings Window : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.

Hope this helps ! :D

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel Strip/EQ location question clarification?

any help would be appreciated on this one :)

I am a bit confused on the precise location of the Channel Strip/EQ in terms of an audio channel

One page 229 of the manual, the EQ is located after Insert 6 and just before the fader. No problem.

The same EQ, according to the channel strip, in the Mix Console, defaults to just after the Gate and Comp effects and just before the Trans Sat and Limit Effects. No problem.

But if I move the Channel Strip to be Pre Insert instead of the default Post Insert, does the EQ Position go with it and become Pre Insert also? Or can I leave the EQ located after Insert 6 as is the default in the layout?

Thanks!

:ugeek:

Yes I assume that the EQ and the "Channel Strip" will "PRE" the insert in that case.

You can always make simple test to figure that out. ;)
Add audio analyzer at "insert slot-1" and make a "PEAK" EQ boost-setting on one of the EQ-bands.
Now, see if you can see the EQ peak in the analyzer.

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multiple Presets for User Defined Device in MIDI Dev Man

In the german section of this forum I found the solution that is described in the guide for midi devices as last chapter. Important: Your own defined patch scripts must be stored in the AppData patch of your user in windows. Don't know how this behaves under MacOS. But this is a solution for patch/bank settings. Not for the device dashboards that you can create. As next milestone I wanted to define such dashboards to be able to setup for example the effects or EQ of the sound module.
by hall-music
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multiple Presets for User Defined Device in MIDI Dev Man

I'm seeing here the same issue with own created patch banks. This is quite annoying, as I wanted to use my good old Roland SC-8850. Yes, there is a SC-88 Pro Steinberg predefined. But the SC-8850 Instrument Map offers much more sounds! Could someone from Steinberg please investigate into this issue, or at least tell the right process for customers to trigger a support/code defect case?
by hall-music
Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Folders" in MIDI Drum Editor

Aloha C,

Nice idea.

I do most of what you mentioned in the 'Project Window'
but to also be able to that stuff in the 'Drum Editor' might be way kool as well.

Interesting.
{'-'}
by curteye
Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic