Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Now VST rack is so huge. What for ???

I came here looking for a post like this. The VST Rack is really getting me confused. It seems I can add an Instrument Track by clicking on the upper left button, but to add a new "rack instrument" I have to right click it and select add rack instrument. Whenever I select midi tracks, the vst rack keeps scrolling up and down selecting the current vst and it's distracting me visually having to keep pressing F11 to constantly showing and hiding the rack. Also really fat window and kinda useless, since all quick controls are in the track inspector.
by mihnelis
Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now VST rack is so huge. What for ???

yes I understand.

I too find it a little bit confusing, now there is all the VSTi's used as instrument track + the instruments in the instrument rack, it's supercharged and I don't understand why.

The way it was before is more clear IMHO, instruments tracks in the project window and instrument racks...in the instrument rack.

Also we should be able to assign any parameter to the Quick Control knobs, with a learn function.
by patcub
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Do you want the Smart Tool functionality in Cubas

It's already partly been in Sequel for over 5 years, this graphic is Sequel 2 from 2008.

No idea why none of that has found it's way into Cubase yet.

by Audiocave
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Do you want the Smart Tool functionality in Cubas

@ Audiocave - That's really cool! The cut area looks like the one used in variaudio segment view and could likely translate gracefully to Cubase.

What do we already have, one button functionality:
* Movement
* Trimming of events
* Volume
* Fade-in/out

What we don't have:
* Selection - is this required?
* Cutting - Currently requires a modifier, but could be done like in Sequel (including modifiers??)
* Crossfade - Why isn't crossfade already enabled by default is beyond me
* Mute - Available in Sequel, but in the place of the fade out section
* Easy way to draw straight envelopes
by Soul-Burn
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic