Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Better than advertised

I have to agree.

I've come to realize that with every DAW release, there are some who will experience many bugs, some will have only a few bugs and some who won't have any at all.

And it seems that most, if not all software has the potential for some bugs anyway.

But this summer, I switched from Cakewalk Sonar X2 & Presonus Studio One and really like the surprises that were awaiting me in Cubase.

I don't regret my purchase at all - [full purchase]. It is the only DAW I use now.

It seems far ahead of the other 2 DAWs that I have.

And now the option to control it with just hand gestures using the new 'free' - I repeat 'free' software from Steinberg, when some of the others are just getting around to surface touch control, puts them way ahead!
by jamusic
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: could cubase 7.5 fix this up?

andyath wrote: :lol:

Just want to say really cool Avatar there, Bud!
by jamusic
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I really like revelation!

I really like it too... I normally use the Lexicon PCM plugins for artificial reverb but REVelation is terrific too... I especially like the gated drum presets as I still use lots of gated reverb on drums... Speaking of which, is Ronald Reagan still the US president and is Madonna still a virgin?
I'm not entirely sure Madonna ever was a virgin. :?

Looking forward to trying this reverb, especially after reading this thread.
by jamusic
Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I JUST BOUGHT CUBASE 7!

Welcome rattleshock. Looks like you're a fellow Canadian.

I did the same thing earlier this summer - July 14.

I switched from Sonar X2a & Studio One to Cubase.

I bought 6.5 within the grace period to Cubase 7.0 right away and it included the full version of HALion 4 which gave me a free upgrade to HALion 5 also within it's own grace period.

A very pleasant surprise that I didn't even know was included until I opened the box.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

I'm adding a link here that's very helpful, in case you haven't seen it yet.

[Painstakingly done by 'Bane'.]

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=23576
by jamusic
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

+1 Jalcide ^^^^^^
by jamusic
Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nektar Panorma Control Surface (Any Users) ?

In case anybody's curious, just yesterday I installed the newest version of Panorama_Steinberg_Support_1.0.5a which is the PC version and it seems to be working fine.
by jamusic
Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I can't record further than bar 12

Have you checked the Project Setup dialog?

The default is quite long but perhaps it's set to something ridiculously short.

I usually set mine to about 7 minutes or so.

According to page 62 in the C7 manual:

General settings for the project are made in the Project Setup dialog. This is opened by selecting “Project Setup…” from the Project menu.

If the “Run Setup on Create New Project” option is activated in the Preferences dialog (General page), the Project Setup dialog will open automatically when you create a new project.

4th box down in the dialog - 'Length'.
by jamusic
Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Creating a CD

As hard as this is to do, it's good advice that I myself should take whenever the time comes.
... I always run my own tracks through someone else for the final touch. Simply because that person can still listen to the track objectively and fresh...
... Firstly, if it were me I would have them properly mastered - even though I mix and master myself, I find I cannot master my own mixes as I am too close to the project & tend to revert back to multitracks & redo the mix rather than simply let it go & get on with it. Maybe it is just me but I honestly cannot find the objectivity to deal with my own work ...
The reason I say it's hard, is because I'm involved in all aspects of the recording - from the initial song writing to arranging it, playing all the instruments and laying down the vocals.
Them trying and deciding on which VSTs to use, if any etc.

Finally mixing the whole thing down, only to hand it over to someone else.

Because by then, it's 'my baby' and yet it's like I'm handing it over to Family [Social] Services who supposedly will do better for it than I will. :roll:

And yet sometimes it just must be done.
by jamusic
Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic