Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

I guess most of the folks using Cubase for more than occasional "beatz creation" would agree on the priorities you I don't understand the sentiment that people that write and arrange music have to be grouped and dumbed down that.

Without the musicians what exactly do you have?

All in all that sums up the situation nicely.
I guess most of the folks using Cubase for more than occasional "beatz creation" would agree on the priorities you mentioned.

It's like Cubase is the turkey that's never properly done, but instead of finishing to cook it, Steinberg just adds more and more gravy on top of it.

Here's an idea: instead of having multiple Cubase versions based on how much stuff comes included, how about multiple versions targeted at different kinds of customers? You know, like a version for sound engineers, with none of the "beatz" nonsense but great and solid FX and --most importantly-- a super-stable engine, or a version for film composers, which is also super-stable but offers professional scoring features (you know, like Finale and Sibelius), professional video features, professional syncing features etc. And then a version for the "beatzmakers", that can very likely be the most successful but that trades stability for more and more "gravy", like a ton of loops, a gazillion VST's etc.

I'm pretty sure I only use 10% tops of what comes included with Cubase (instruments, FX, loops --which I NEVER use-- etc.), but I'm still paying for it. Again, without "beatzmakers" who are you sound engineering for? This attitude and lack of respect would not get a dollar from me.
by mpayne0
Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.
by cpechet1
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Buchanan
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bought 7.5 but cannot download

Hi Luis Dongo,

thanks for your reply. I really didn´t know that. And also have no idea how I collected those all. Got meanwhile also answers from the asknet team and Ed Doll which all helped me out. Cubase 7.5 is on the way ;) Thanks again to all for the fast replies and help.

best regards
by bigsoundsgood
Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.5 - Combining Lanes and Track Versions when comping!

4. Select one of them, do your wanted comp. Select the next, do a second comp. You can now select between two different comps.

I must not understand how this is quicker, faster, or better.

At step #2 why not just "duplicate track" instead of the new feature "duplicate version?"

Then re-name the duplicated track something different than the first track.
Then do your 2 comps as you said and then you end up with 2 completed comps that you can compare.

What am I missing out on here?

If you duplicate the track, you will duplicate any plugins used (taking up CPU power) and you will clutter up your arrange page so Track Versions seems a more elegant solution,
by J-S-Q
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERY FRUSTRATED

Please stop the myths that is a result of software-middle-Ages that a machine with cubase on it must not be connected to the Internet.

Cheers, Ernst
by Elien
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When 7.5 bugs will be fixed?

If it works for some users then I'd ask myself "Why not for me?" Always troubleshoot your own system or have it looked at by an expert and then call software support teams before keeping the kind people of the forum baffled by greifing without giving a clue what you're on about.
Just might help YOU a lot more.
My suggestions are not orders, just the way professional businessmen approach real problems. Forums can only give quick and easy solutions mainly and are not meant for detailed exercises in telepathy. :mrgreen:
by Buchanan
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(UPDATED): Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.0.7 maint. update coming

Dear Cubase 7 users,

As we have done in the past, we will release a final free maintenance update to the previous major version of Cubase and Cubase Artist. Therefore I'm happy to announce the 7.0.7 maintenance update for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7, which will be released on February 4, 2014.

This update will see many of the issues resolved which were addressed during the Cubase 7.5 development cycle:

Global
• When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
• Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
• (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.

Project
• Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
• When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
• When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.

MixConsole
• The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
• Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
• Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
• Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
• The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
• Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
• When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase rerverse button is always visible.
• Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Plug-in
• The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
• Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
• (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
• Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.

Audio
• Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.

MIDI
• Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
• Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
• Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Score
• Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
• Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.

Hardware
• When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
• Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Computer Problems (Windows 8.1)

After doing the changes in the original post, things are awesome. I thought that maybe others could benefit from that.

Thanks for your replies though, much appreciated! :)
by Elektrobolt
Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mixer idea

I had an idea last night after working on a tune with about two dozen tracks. Yes....another "what if?" idea. It's fairly painless.
Click Me
by Weasel
Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can No Longer Export To MP3

I typed in the search box "mp3". Got 7 pages of results. None of them had a solution. I can't leave any wider a filter than mp3. And your responses are not in the least bit helpful. If you know the solution why don't you just tell me what it is?
by Wagtunes
Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New monitor

@1920x1080 everything is noticeably smaller

Smaller/larger has nothing to do with resolution alone, it depends on the size of the screen. 1920x1080 on a Surface 2/Pro/Pro 2 (10" screen) produces icons and folders so small, they're very hard to use unless enlarged in windows (150% or even 200%.) On the other hand, 1920x1080 on a 40" tv screen produces some fairly big icons. So, the resolution alone means nothing.
by papi61
Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need better multi install support

As a fan of discounts and bargains, I love coupons and promo's that offer value at a lesser price. However, what you were originally asking for here was a discount to solve a specific use-case that you're experiencing. This is where I think it becomes impractical (read: unreasonable).

And your argument about incurring yet another upgrade path is as much nonsense as the plethora of forum posts complaining about being FORCED to upgrade. You buy what works for you and use it. No one forces you to upgrade to another version.

Seriously, software may be conceivably different from hardware in a technical or physical sense, but as a marketable product it is (and should be) treated conceptually the same.
by Adam_Bove
Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This sucks

yeah, I never install the trial versions. its just disappointment when the trial ends. your right, that 7 or 7.5 is clunky. but try the vonage EQ, its awesome, even more surgical than the UAD . the chord track is also really cool and easier to use. the dj EQ is useful in electronic productions. the new halion se is pretty great too, lots of control. and all the saturation plugins are incredibly useful.

its taken me a while to like 7 and now 7.5. I think you'll like it more the more you use it.

how dare you express your opinion here... never understood why people take this program (or any DAW for that matter) so personal.

keep making music!
by Krist Hochburger
Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song from another Mac, no sound output

Sorted it finally out. The ControlRoomPresets.pxml was the killer. Trashed it and sound is back :-)
by bigsoundsgood
Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / Win7 Pro / multiple audio interfaces

Thanks, MaX... I will give that a try. I thought about the other interface drivers not being ASIO.

steve
by skintner
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic