Search found 12 matches

Return

7.5 issues

So far I'm really enjoying 7.5 - thank you! I have encountered some issues:

1. If the Multiband Compressor is loaded, a tremendous amount of latency is introduced even if the plugin is bypassed or turned off. I understand it's a processor intense plugin, but shouldn't that latency not be present if the plugin is off or bypassed?
2. The track pictures, when rotated to 90 and 270 disappear. Also, can we please get the guitars icons fixed so they're righties (meaning, rotated 270 from the default position)? And maybe a normal looking Strat- or Ibanez-style electric, and acoustic?
3. Can't route multi output channels from Instrument track to a group via the track list in the Inspector in the project window (can only do it via Routing in the mixer).
4. It's already been said, but the first track of a multi output instrument track takes on the role as the first audio output, rather than existing just for MIDI data. It would make more sense for the first track to exist only for MIDI data, and its child tracks to exist for audio output independently.
5. Can the backgrounds for the meter bridge and the equalizer curve in the mixer be switched to black instead of the pale grey? The contrast would be better and thus the visibility would be improved. At the very least, can it be made modifiable via the preferences? This one is big to me.
6. Can't put the click through the Control Room monitors.
7. Configurations for the Mixer don't save the channel widths, or the channel overview/meter bridge/etc. settings.

It would be awesome to have Steinberg acknowledge these and let us know what they plan on doing to address the above-listed issues. Again, thanks!
by Brock
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

To quote Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, "Steady as a f..n' rock!" here as well. It's amazing. Thanks, Steinberg!
by Brock
Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

I run dual monitors with the mixer in my second, and the plugins stay on top just fine. I do not maximize the screen, but rather drag it to full size (which is effectively just about the same); and like beerbong said above, I also do not have the mixer set to always on top.
by Brock
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lag after adding mastering

That's also what I'm assuming. For the MultiBand Compressor, click the Live (button in the lower right part of the MBC interface) while tracking. That will take care of it.
by Brock
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MultiBand Compressor Bypass Buttons

If you're confusing the bypass state based on continued latency, use the Live button on the MBC and the latency goes bye bye. I made this incorrect assumption. Another user cleared it up for me.
by Brock
Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.5.1 Issues

Thanks for the update Steinberg. That said, the following issues remain in 7.5.1:

1. The track pictures, when rotated to 90 and 270 disappear. Also, can we please get the guitars icons fixed so they're righties (meaning, rotated 270 from the default position)? And maybe a normal looking Strat- or Ibanez-style electric, and acoustic?
2. Can't route multi output channels from Instrument track to a group via the track list in the Inspector in the project window (can only do it via Routing in the mixer).
3. It's already been said, but the first track of a multi output instrument track takes on the role as the first audio output, rather than existing just for MIDI data. It would make more sense for the first track to exist only for MIDI data, and its child tracks to exist for audio output independently.
4. Can the backgrounds for the meter bridge and the equalizer curve in the mixer be switched to black instead of the pale grey? The contrast would be better and thus the visibility would be improved. At the very least, can it be made modifiable via the preferences? This one is big to me.
5. Configurations for the Mixer don't save the channel widths, or the channel overview/meter bridge/etc. settings.
6. When I activate playback Superior Drummer misses the majority of the notes for about one measure. If I activate record with count in activated it doesn't miss the first measure - it's only during playback, but still it's really irritating to have playback hindered this way.
7. Track presets don’t recall prefader settings (e.g., gain, high/low cuts, etc.).
by Brock
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.1 Vs Logic X Pro Test on Mac

I work with both. Professionally I use Logic. For my own pursuits I use Cubase. I'll preface this by saying my background is Cubase - from VST through the latest. I've been working with Logic for nearly a year now. I'm know my way around. But still, I HATE the workflow. It should be called Illogic. It's clunky and unintuitive. (I realize this opinion is likely attributably to my background, but I can say I've never been so impeded by a DAW.) It boggles my mind that the program is as popular as it is.

Logic could have quadruple the performance of Cubase (which is what Orchetect is suggesting above), and still, I'd never consider using it for personal purposes.
by Brock
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to normalize all track heights in arranger??

On Mac, hold Command while adjusting a track height.
by Brock
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TECH SUPPORT, HELP!! 7.5.1 Crashing on Startup

Hey guys,

Please contact Support through MySteinberg (top right on the Steinberg home page) > log in > Request Support. Describe the problem in your report, however do not paste the Problem Report (as I found it's length makes the request too long and resultingly not go through). Hopefully with data from enough of us they'll be able to figure out what's going on.
by Brock
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1. Wonderful update! No issues yet. Conversely, it seems to be running more smoothly than 7.06 for me.

I'm also grateful Steinberg kept it affordable. Thanks!
by Brock
Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

The attached pic is old and Ive posted this a while ago. It was an attempt to see how the look could be changed so it has a bit more tactile feel and a cleaner work flow while still respecting the topology of the MC. It was really a product of curiosity. The pink meters are 80s inspired as I was working on stuff that was 80s sounding. :D I keep mine the default color.
Best,
_F

That looks great! I've posted a few times about how the first release of the new mixer in 7 looked much better than the present version (see http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=58467, http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=55081, and http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=51827). I strongly dislike the new pale grey background behind the meters - it's like all the definition and vibrance is gone and we're left with a grey, murky mess.

How did you achieve what you posted in the screenshot?
by Brock
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EZdrummer upgrade to ver 2

HornForHire wrote:Thanks Kevin, but I already ordered it! :D

Hope to give it a try later this evening...

It's a great product. If you're interested, you can check out a four-part tutorial series I did on it for free at http://matikis.com/imagination/drumpromo.

Enjoy!
by Brock
Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic