Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Mid-side lop-side

Voxengo msed is a good plug for decoding. :)
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fix corrupted .cpr file?

Go to your "My steinberg" and file a support ticket:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This will change..nothing

Fabio,

Can I dial in multiple people? Like a producer and script writer simultaneously to work with a V.O. actor?
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Komplete VSTi (or similar ??)

I have and often use Komplete. I forget what version I am on. Only gripes I had was phasing out a few instruments which they moved into kontakt. Session recall no more. Had to print the tracks after loading earlier version for archiving.
by Woodcrest Studio
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Komplete VSTi (or similar ??)

It is a rarity that I would use solely one instrument for a sound. There were times I had used a sole patch and I found the quality good. You have to know though that I am hyper critical of sound. If it sounds artificial in a way I don't like, I will move onto something else, but that being said, I find most sample libraries to sound fake, especially programmed drums. Can't stand programmed drums.

Anyway, I think kontakt is good. A loooooooot of people use it and there is a lot of additional libraries available for it. I think you want it but just need a nudge to pull the trigger. I don't think you will be dissatisfied, I wasn't and I would tell you if I was. Just what I wrote above.
by Woodcrest Studio
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fix corrupted .cpr file?

So, it's been nearly a month and no reply. Is that a "no" or should I be patient? Should I try again?

I just don't know what kind of response time they have.
-I

Check the email address you have associated with your mysteinberg account. Maybe you have the wrong email address in there? If that's not it, I have no idea...

Blow up their mailbox with a explosive cucumber? That will get their attention.

Try P.M.ing a tech support mod too.
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MCU Functions Expanded in 7.5

so is it safe to say that the MCU pro's are working well with C7.5 Hugh ?
Yes of course!

More than just an affirming "yes".

I'm loving it. Turning "monitor" on and off for channels. Tweaking things in the channels strip - which I mentioned somewhere else I'm using a lot more now that it's so easy . . it was soo tiny before for the mouse.
Also using quick controls more - for VSTis and other - Shift/Master gets me there in a flash.
It goes on . .

Damn . . . I'm sounding like Freddie H here . . . without the emoticons . .

Love ya, Freddie.

Hugh

unless I'm thinking about something else, you were able to enable and disable track monitoring by depressing the rotary pan encoder. This was prior to this change in 7.5
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survey suggest Steinberg considering subscription model

I am more than prepared to "freeze" and no longer move forward if a subscription-based license happens.

Arguments can be made to how the license is now a virtual subscription, but it is not. My Steinberg licenses, if I bailed right now, will still be able to used right now till the day I die without having to fork over another cent.
My biggest gripe about a subscription:

#1: I refuse to be on the cutting edge due to reliability.
#2: I want to retain the licenses I pay for.

I am skipping Cubase 7 all together. Why should I pay for it or any other version when I will never use it?

I give the community a lot of kudos for adopting new releases and reporting all the problems. That is awesome, their choice, their money and to do what they want to do with it. It is not for me though I used to be that way.

I am a very easy-going guy and apologies if I seem negative. I am just putting my foot down on this. I will not follow Steinberg into a subscription-based licensing model. Cubase 6.5 and I can make a damn good record, do VO, ADR and sound design like the 24-track tape machine and rack gear I used for a decade. 6.5, it may be you and me for the long-haul.
by Woodcrest Studio
Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: free course "Critical listening for studio production"

that's surprising. Not knowing the exercises they gave you, I would think you would have gained something from it. Skills do take time to develop though.
by Woodcrest Studio
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: free course "Critical listening for studio production"

Yes Tom. Everyone else on the course says how fantastic their 'hearing' is now since completing the course. The course covered everything that you would expect in 7 x weeks. I did all the exercises (about 2 x hours per night).

I was kind of hoping I would be able to hear lots of new qualities in recordings when I listen to my own CD collection. Like NEW elements would jump out at me !! But this is not at all the case.

As I say, everybody else seems to have improved tenfold :?

Paul, I agree with Steve, but maybe everyone else are prodigies! (likely not!)

If you remember the fundamental facets of what the course was hoping to show you you will gain a lot from it. Don't be discouraged. Things take time to become a part of you. I still am learning forever more even though I may have some staunch preferences! They became that way over a long time though.

In the mix is where this course should really benefit you. Making decisions based on what you hear in raw soloed elements on to an open mix. Your changes, optimizations and personal sonic signature to a sound you lay your ears on will continue to refine as you keep the experience of this course in the back of your head.

Cheers for completing the course and committing to take it too. You'll have nothing but gains from it.
by Woodcrest Studio
Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Acoustic Guitar Recording

Alter your mic placement so your mouth is in the null of the pickup pattern of the microphone, assuming you are not using an omni. I've recorded players and you can hear them breath and it wasn't a big deal. One guys breath was staccato through his nose. :lol:
by Woodcrest Studio
Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

all of mine have cracks. I think I have 3. They all have lived behind the computer plugged directly in.
by Woodcrest Studio
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The UAD myth?

The "myth" was true back in the early days of the UAD...
...for years after it came out as well.
Seemed like they were the only company out there that knew
what a compressor should sound like.

Now a days the competition has caught up.

I agree with this too. I adopted uad plugins back in the uad1 days. Back then, I was really impressed by what they had and what they sounded like. I have since stopped purchasing their plugs in favor of competitor native plugins. Uad is an expensive platform, no doubt. Other options have come from multiple companies. No two emulations sound the same but they are in the ballpark of one another, which is fine with me. They still get the work done and it still sounds good. Hardware is perishable, more so than software and systems are more than capable of supporting native plugins these days. To me the uad cards are a dongle that becomes obsolete like digidesign systems of yesteryear that shared the same concept but digi systems kept your latency low where uad blows it up.

I still use some uad plugs in sessions, but it is only because I have been using them for years that it speeds up workflow due to familiarity. I wish I was 100% native though for simplicity.
by Woodcrest Studio
Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Small buffers during tracking, large during mixing?

depending on the weight to the project, the sample buffers grow. Plugins add latency too.

I only experience GUI lags at higher buffers. Never experienced lag viewing or editing the timeline.
by Woodcrest Studio
Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do you 'Thank' people in the forum?

SYNC wrote:Skins? I'm waiting for the punch line on this one :?

But thanks :thumbsup: ;)

:lol:

Just trying to waken the dead forum society 8-)
by Woodcrest Studio
Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do you 'Thank' people in the forum?

Oh, they are here. Lol its funny watching them hide behind their aliases. ;)
by Woodcrest Studio
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30th Anniversary, anything for loyal customers?

JMCecil wrote:5) The smarmy hipster they got to do those C7 kickoff videos just about gave me the impetus to switch to Audacity on FreeBSD

Ha! I was going to go back to tape! :lol:
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hey guys. So what's new? Upgrading from SX3. Dinosaur.

Pet peeve: When you quote people, don't alter the words in the quote. I didn't write that.

This is the lounge, so I'm supposing there will be more latitude on how posts can be made.

Without wanting to engage in tit-for-tat discussion, I was merely correcting your misquote of me .

I would however auger that by definition your post(s) are trolling in nature; as you don't actually own the product, have never used nor even tried it and therefore have no genuine reason to comment.

Did you know that >> :P << means razzing/having fun? I'm really sorry you can't accept my opinion on cubase 7. I tried explaining how it was formed.

So, how about this one:

I know Joe. Is that is a genuine reason to comment? :lol:
by Woodcrest Studio
Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

slipstream02 wrote:Some of the funniest posts I've ever read on the net were in that old Forum.

Or at Nerg's!
by Woodcrest Studio
Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anybody here from the good old days? (yrs2000-2005)

If I can't remember the year I first came to cubase.net, does that mean I was there in the good Ol daze?
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 - coming soon?

I think you missed it, or maybe I was hallucinating but the thread was locked and a lot of posts were deleted then the thread was reopened.

If a post offends you, click the report post icon.

Or

Have a little fun with some light hearted banter. :D
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic