Search found 20 matches

Return

Re: Soft takeover in generic remote

A solution was found!
In Cubase 5, in order for NRPNs to work, the 4th bit flag should have been enabled in the generic remote (seen in the XML). In Cubase 7, it seems the NRPN bit is the 5th bit, while the 4th bit is......... soft takeover!

Why is this hidden from users I don't know, but it's great news for me not wanting the takeover, and others who do want the takeover.
by Soul-Burn
Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

If you press right-click to open the tools menu and hold it pressed for about 5 seconds (it feels long), you can resize the shape of the toolbox. This lets you get to your tools with a shorter movement of the mouse.
Too bad we can't reorder them or make the snap point closer to the center.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dockable Chord Tracks

Not exactly what you requested, but... you can set the coloring mode to "Chord Track" which lets you see if a note is on a chord, on the scale, or off scale. This might still be a good solution to your problem.

Watch the Steiny video here (at 9:11):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TAyFKpk1fLc#t=551
by Soul-Burn
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retrologue only plays first midi note when in rec/mon?

Device -> Plug-in information -> Find Retrologue and uncheck the "ASIO guard" column.
I've had a similar problem in the past.
I'd advise unchecking it for all your instruments.
by Soul-Burn
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ability to set up shortcut keys in VariAudio window

Do you mean toggling between segment editing and pitch editing? Tab does that.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Do you want the Smart Tool functionality in Cubas

@ Audiocave - That's really cool! The cut area looks like the one used in variaudio segment view and could likely translate gracefully to Cubase.

What do we already have, one button functionality:
* Movement
* Trimming of events
* Volume
* Fade-in/out

What we don't have:
* Selection - is this required?
* Cutting - Currently requires a modifier, but could be done like in Sequel (including modifiers??)
* Crossfade - Why isn't crossfade already enabled by default is beyond me
* Mute - Available in Sequel, but in the place of the fade out section
* Easy way to draw straight envelopes
by Soul-Burn
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Mute (x) switch in VariAudio, is it necessary?

At first I didn't notice it, but last week I had a large project with tons of corrections needed and I kept clicking it by mistake, really annoying.
by Soul-Burn
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NewFeature: ALT+Click to split notes in VariAudio

Agreed.
This and making the mute button less annoying.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

Or simply a line in the presets that divides the pre and post.
So instead of showing "one more insert slot" for adding new ones, you'll show one empty for pre and one empty for post.
Want it pre? Put it in an empty slot before the line.
Want it post? Put it in an empty slot after the line.
by Soul-Burn
Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Quick controls, embarrassed already

The problem is that the midi messages get both to the QC, the GR and the VST instrument itself.
Configure your axiom to send CCs that you don't expect to see on a VST or if you can, have it split to multiple midi inputs. Try CC 101-108 for QCs. Worked for me with the Axiom 25 we have in class.

I have a Roland A500Pro, which has the cool bonus that it appears as two different devices. I've set the keyboard and pitch/modulation as Device 1 and the rest (knobs, faders, transport buttons) to Device 2.

Device 2 is routed to Generic Remote (btw, if you use the GR, just map the QCs there instead of in the VST Quick Controls).

If you can't do that, map the buttons/knobs to a different midi channel (Ch16 for example), and filter them out on the midi / instrument channel input transformer.

And another P.S, Cubase has undocumented support for Soft Takeover / Catch mode if you fiddle with the GR some. Let me know if you want that and I could help.
by Soul-Burn
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: fine tuning automation points with shift

I would also be OK if you could write automation while not playing.
i.e get to the spot, move the fader (or ctrl-click to zero it) and it would be written, instead of jumping back.
by Soul-Burn
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fine tuning

What you need VariAudio, it can do exactly what you want on specific phrases.
Unfortunately, it's not available in Elements, only in the full version of Cubase.
Might be an incentive to get the full version :)

That said, steve's solution sounds like a plan, if you want it manual.
You could use Steinberg's "PitchCorrect" plugin, and only enable it on that phrase (either with audio process or automating bypass).
by Soul-Burn
Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Okay, I know this is an easy one....

If you don't want it to always change the name and only change it once, you can ctrl-enter when inputting the track's name and it will give all the parts that name.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to do a Filter Sweep/Fade?

You might want to try adding resonance to your filter.
I've had luck with the built-in DualFilter. Set resonance to around 7 and then sweep it from -99.0 to 0.0 using automation.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Get rid of marker tracks - add markers to the timeline

Add chord track to that gizmo as well. Would be great to see the chords when editing midi or vari-audio.
by Soul-Burn
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wheres Auto Q gone from transport bar?

Under 'New Parts/AutoQ' as Curteye said. Open that and you'll have the AutoQ checkbox there.
by Soul-Burn
Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One dimensional vocal - lost its mojo

Other than bass drum/bass guitar/etc, apply a low cut (high pass filter) on all your tracks to around 100hz.
All these tracks don't need the low frequencies and otherwise you'll like push up the basses to compensate for the noise, which sounds bad.
On a compressed vocal track, not cutting can spell horror since the compressor triggers on all those unnecessary freqs rather than on the actual vocals. You'll likely have to set the thresholds again after cutting.
by Soul-Burn
Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assigning controllers

I've got the A500. As roel said, it's playing notes. You can modify the control maps through the A-PRO editor.
For example, I've moved all the controllers (buttons, pots, faders) to A-PRO 2 and kept the keyboard and mod/pitch on A-PRO 1. That way I can have the "all midi" only accept A-PRO 1 (i.e the keys) while all the modifications are done through the generic remote + quick controls which listens to A-PRO 2.
by Soul-Burn
Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Set tempo from event?

Set tempo from event AFAIK sets it from the definition in the event (sample editor -> definition). It has to be a track with defined tempo.

If you want to set the tempo on a short track, for example a loop, you should cut the sample and bounce it so it fits a certain set of bars/beats and then in the Sample Editor, set the bars/beats in the top bar.

If it is a long track, what you should do is Project -> Tempo Detection which will set the tempo track based on the tempo Cubase analyzes from the event. It lets you use time warp (not audio warp!) to place the beats on the correct spots, to fix tempo variations. The tempo detection works well on beats and full mixes, but not as good on other instruments. It is meant to be used with long pieces of audio.

Afterwards, if you want to, you can use "Set definition from tempo" to set the definition of the event from this calculated tempo. This will place the event in musical mode and let you then modify the tempo track to you liking, which will cause audio warping on the event.
by Soul-Burn
Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[BON-420]Mixdown out of sync when using Elastique algorithm

Was working on a remix for a song, so I used Tempo Detection and Set Definition From Tempo to straighten up the track before working. Then I added some midi drums. Timestretch algorithm is set to Elastique pro (time / pitch).

Everything sounds well in Cubase, but when performing a mixdown (realtime or otherwise), the beats do not align as they do in Cubase. Same thing happens, but possibly to a slightly lesser extent, when using the record from stereo out on another channel.
This does no happen when using the Standard - Mix algorithm.

This is very strange and really concerning.
by Soul-Burn
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic