Search found 10 matches

Return

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update available

Dear Cubase and Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 7.5.20 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5. Both updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

Improvements
• TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions
• Control Room Improvements
• Channel/track visibility: Key command for “Update configurations”
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list
• Project window toolbar: Additional buttons
• New Preference: Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru
• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

Issues resolved
Project
• An issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
• Toggling between projects with a MIDI track located before an instrument track in the track list now works as expected.
• Rack instruments behave now as expected when working with several projects at the same time.
• Searching for hidden tracks using "Find tracks" now makes hidden instrument tracks visible.
• Unmuting a folder track now unmutes all tracks inside the folder as expected.
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" works now on muted instrument tracks.
• The behavior of side scrolling with a Logitech mousewheel has been corrected.
• "Import track archive" works now as expected.
• The preset name of the Track Control Settings is now visible.
• The navigation of the In-place Editor works now as expected.
• "Punch in" works now as expected in Re-Record mode.
• A problem involving the pre-/postroll time display in Japanese language has been resolved.
• Gluing two MIDI parts no longer leads to unwanted transposition of certain notes.
• Resizing parts in locked tracks is no longer possible.
• A visual problem with frozen tracks has been resolved.
• "Select Tracks with Same Version ID" no longer shows automation lanes of instrument tracks.
• Locked tempo/signature tracks remain locked after re-opening a project.
• The ¢ symbol of the time signature palette of the Score Editor creates now a 2/2 time signature.

Audio
• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• A rare problem in VariAudio that rendered the application unreliable has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• The "Replace by" offline processing function works now as expected.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.
• Closing the window after exporting MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Exporting a 5.1 surround audio mixdown with the option "Wave split file" no longer renders the application unreliable.
• A visibility problem of the "Resolve Missing Files" window has been corrected.

Instrument tracks
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" now works on muted instrument tracks.
• The name of the main output of an instrument is now shown correctly on audio returns.
• Unmuting folder tracks involving instrument tracks work now as expected.
• Muting instrument tracks and MIDI sub-tracks now works as expected.
• The "Mute" key command now works for instrument tracks in the Project window as expected.
• The preference "Select Track on Background Click" now works properly for audio return tracks.
• Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page.
• Selecting all inputs in the VST Instrument Rack now selects the correct instrument track.

Score
• Print out now works as expected in Cubase Artist.
• Activating the function "Animate Note Cursor" now works as expected.
• Key commands for all symbol palettes are now available.
• A problem with redundant and missing key commands has been resolved.
• Zooming behavior of the zoom tool now works as expected.
• Filter checkboxes now update as expected when key commands are used.
• The box symbol in the replace mode is printed as expected.
• Chord Assistant: The state of the cadence mode is now recalled correctly.
MixConsole
• Clicking on the EQ bypass button while holding the Option/Alt keys now works as expected.
• Load/save EQ presets are available again in the Channel Settings window.
• The solo defeat function of instrument tracks now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility syncing between MixConsole and Project window regarding instrument audio returns has been corrected.
• The function "Deactivate all mute states" now works as expected after selecting "Mute input" on virtual instruments.
• It is now possible to switch the visibility of collapsed folders that contain other folders inside the MixConsole.
• A rare graphical glitch on the horizontal scroll bar of the MixConsole has been corrected.
• Inputs and outputs can now be assigned using QuickLink on MIDI channels.
• A problem involving the visibility of the horizontal scroll bar in the MixConsole has been resolved.
• The preference "Select channels/track on solo" now works as expected when enabling the solo input of VST instruments.
• The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

Automation
• The function "Activate/deactivate write (read) for all tracks" now affects the Quick Controls, too.
• Read mode is now enabled when pressing the write button.
• The command "Show used automation on a selected track" no longer opens the automation of the selected track’s group channel.
• "Delete automation of selected tracks" and "Delete all automation in project" are now available for audio returns of instrument tracks.

Plug-in
• The loading time of projects using HALion 5 has been improved.
• The Phaser plug-in works now as expected.
• An issue in VST Connect SE that may render the application unreliable under OS X 10.9 has been resolved.
• Saving the project under OS X while VST Connect SE is connected to VST Connect Performer now works properly.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.5.

Download

A detailed version history and the 7.5.20 Updaters are available here:

Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Add fast Attack for Accordion presests

There's an accordion in there?

Interesting :D

I imagine you might have to engage some delay foolery, set the track back in time several ticks? I do this with some orchestral samples.

1:yes there is indeed !
2:and not, its not about latency issues, is where the start sample position placed in the individual samples.
when i open the same accordion presets in H5 i see the "problem"in the sample editor.
all accordion samples start with some silence or the very first quiet note of the accordion when played in natural relaxed playing with no super fast attack to it.
anyway its impossible to play fast phrases and trills with it and hear the fast attacked and full sound( or playback cuz its not latency issue)
( its like trying to play Paganini storm violin part with slow synth pad ;) )
so instead of making a complete new accordion samples with real playing fast attack, i request a simple move to add some fast attack accordion presets by moving the start point of the samples to full amplitude.
by mozizo
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steinberg, UPDATE their GUI-Window Management ability ASAP!

Steinberg need to UPDATE their GUI-Window Management ability ASAP!

GUI-Window Management ability has been put on hold for many years now. Many of all the included functions in their softwares has not been updated to 2014/2015 standard. Its need to be overlooked and update ASAP.

What I'm talking about is simple tasks like any window or VST3 part plugins should always be able to "stay on top"-floating on other windows in Cubase/Nuendo. I suggest Steinberg follow Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 standard GUI-interface instead of continue build on their own GUI interface for windows managements.

I like the Cubase-GUI itself and that is all fine what I don't like is that they made own ("look like windows normal") "close" "minimize" symbols on example VSTs. I don't really understand why they continue to build own GUI for simple things that already exist in windows?

We have a AERO on Windows and Coco on OSX so why try to invent the wheel twice? If they just make so they follow the "standard" the graphical interface bugs in Cubase would lead to a minimum.

Another great idea would be to implemented INTEL AVX Technology in Cubase/Nuendo core. Let face it we all would benefit from that, include Steinberg!
https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-isa-extensions

Please check SONAR X-series and Skylight GUI Interface to get an idea what I'm talking about...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHCIRbMEV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxCH5naiw0

Example of bad GUI behaviors that are found during working with Cubase/Nuendo today!

*Plugins fall behind mixer-page, don't "stay on top"?

* Windows can´t "stay on top-floating"?

* Open editors like "Fader curves" restore down the arrangement window in the background?

* Pool window can't float on top of other views at all?

* Many editors and functions "GUI window" inside Cubase can't float on top the arrangement window, "stay on top"? Only full screen view?

* Not always remember specific window "last" -placed-position?

* Placing a VST plugin like KONTAKT, Omnisphere or other 3part VST on example 2:e or 3:e monitor, "mouse"-clicking on Window Desktop background will lead to both Cubase "interface" + all the open VST-plugins total disappears from all displays?

*and more..

I hope Steinberg do listen because I think there are more users then just me that want this change in my direction.
Otherwise I love Cubase and what are most important the stability are awesome! I'm really amazed how great Cubase 7 and 7.5 series sounds and work.

I hope my suggestion will make Cubase even better. :)

Best regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Macro Panel like SO and more

I've just look at the custom Macro feature in Studio One. Would love to see a new Macro Panel where we can customize shorcut buttons, custom faders and knobs for all the project. (Naming, Grouping, Color coding, CC's ready) Having an exchange feature would be great too for sharing presets, macro, etc..
by Elfen
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please update the Audio-engine to x64bit double precisio

The mathematics in this video is ridiculous.

All this guy demonstrates is how easy it is to conflate floating point inaccuracies to confuse the audience with his marketing talk.

I'm all for getting the best stuff, etc... but double precision mixing is not necessary. Let me explain why:

1. If a 24 bit recording is converted to 32 bit float, which is a meaningful and very well understood operation, the fraction part is 23 bits PLUS one bit of sign, which gives us 138 dB of SNR
2. If (and I suspect that those errors really matter, because there is also reconstructive surgery aka "low pass filtering" at the end of the DAC chain involved) an additional error of, say, 12 dB (and the video only speaks of 6 dB of error!) is introduced, it still doesn't matter, because a) we will never use signals that loud in real life without having our ear drums rupture and b) should we do that because we go crazy, we can still dither

I, therefore, call double precision mixing pointless. Seriously, I'm all for the best in sound and the most creative music and all that, but from a mathematical point of view, there is no point whatsoever in going that crazy.

If the SONAR mixer sounds better (which I can't check myself), I believe it has to do with additional processing, NOT with the bit depth.
by TheNavigator
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future Music Mag drops Cubase support

I stopped buying Future Music about 10 years ago. The magazine title is an oxymoron. I learned that spending the time it took to read the Cubase articles was better spent on direct exploration of, and experimentation with, Cubase.

by swamptone
Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future Music Mag drops Cubase support

I learned that spending the time it took to read the Cubase articles was better spent on direct exploration of, and experimentation with, Cubase.

Word! Big time!
{'-'}
Absolutely!

It has always puzzled me that so many forum users are using more time on writing questions in the forum, waaaay more time, than it actually takes to find the answer in the manual.
Or way more time than to actually try it out. Whatever function/answer they are looking for.

Some are waiting days even (sometimes weeks), to get some sensible answers before even touching the manual and/or try it out for themself :?

What is all that about? Still puzzles me :?

PS. I usually try first, then RTFM, then post a question.
Sometimes though, I RTFM first. As I probably should try more often :oops:
by iBM
Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Todd Terje shoves Cubase for Mac under the bus

Maybe he should stop using Mac then. :roll:

DG
by DG
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hidden Cubase 8 features!

So after browsing the new Cubase 8 forums, it has become obvious that Steiny has loaded our favorite DAW with tons of great stuff.

I have already seen many things that were, at first glance, not obvious....hence the creation of this thread. Please feel free to load this thread with new enhancements that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. Steinberg has done a great job with vids explaining some new enhancements and features. Now let's see if we can add all the smaller things to one place...kind of a primer for lesser known goodies.

Can't wait to see what all shows up here!

Frank

http://www.solidsound.com
by bigboi
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 sounds better than 8 here at first sight

Lol. There's always one of these posts with each new version.
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic