Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: What was that all about?

you just quoted a line from the film 2010. when Dr. Chandra wipes Hal's memory, the Russian scientist asks that very question! pointless fact! Ed :)
by eddiemacarthur
Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This looks good - VST rack

also check out nomad factory magma. it is a large fx suite which also contains a vst plugin chainer that has more slots and allows modulation of parameters...I don't use it myself (already have their integrated studio bundle)but I do use nomad factory stuff and like their sound. ed
by eddiemacarthur
Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: got my order in for 7.5

yes, I won't put it on my studio pc because I need that to be reliable. putting it on the laptop at home means I can get used to it over a few weeks and await the inevitable update patches in safety. I think the upgrade price is reasonable for what is new and the workflow enhancements. got it ordered from absolute music solutions for £42.50 including postage from one end of uk (Bournemouth) to top end (Glasgow).
by eddiemacarthur
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

I know this is not what you are asking but it is a workaround; check out nomad factory magma. it has a vst chainer. you could have up to 128 vst plugins in series taking up just one Cubase insert plugin slot. parameters can be automated in usual way or modulated using magma lfos and envelopes. I got it for $99 at don't crack. it is a suite of 65 vst fx too of course... ed
by eddiemacarthur
Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying new "everything" after a power spike(?) fried it

apart from the other advice you will get, I suggest buying an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). look for one that has filtered and surge protected sockets. basically it's a battery backup. I have 3 of them in my studio and they have saved me many times when outages affect my building. look for ones with higher ratings like 800 or 1200VA.. ed
by eddiemacarthur
Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic