Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Avid Artist MC

Ah! I think I know what you mean!

When I jog on the Control... It tends to be jumpy and less precise, especially when zoomed in tight! It seems as if it is sending the commands at a lower resolution!

I also have an Artist Transport, which doesn't do that... It is completely smooth (higher resolution) when I jog, and is also very precise.

I tried the Artist Control wheel sensitivity adjustment in EuControl, but that just makes you have to move the wheel more clicks (that detented wheel sucks!) before it actually registers the same jog distance.

It sounds like you have a good workaround!

Like I said earlier... the Artist Transport Is completely smooth, so it isn't a Cubase problem.

It could be that the Control sends a different EuCon jog command than the Transport does, but I don't know that for sure, or even if that can be changed if necessary.

You should surely post this question over at the AVID forum, someone there is sure to help!

AVID Artist Series Support Forum!
by MoPro
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compilation of Eucon Information

You can add this to the list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYVOS8dnYb8
This is my first attempt at a tutorial like this.
I find the there is a not a lot of tutorial/tips/tricks for programming Eucon out there, maybe we can get something started here.
This video shows the power of the Eucon protocol and perhaps shows people a different way to use it. This tutorial shows how you can program a button to open the Add track preset dialog, have Eucon type the name in search field of the track preset you want to open, find it, select it and open it.
by johngar
Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does cubase 7.5 sound better or am I crazy??

The pultec plugin is amazing. It's called PE-1C and the also have a compressor that is based on the pultec character. Also the native instruments vintage compressors are a must for me. Can't live without them. Oh and the FET compressor from softube is also amazing.
by Limit54
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WHY OH WHY does Cubase insist on rescanning all my plug-

I know this because it coincides with my bi-annual erection...

I just passed an entire cheese sandwich out my nose violently.... thanks for that LOL :lol:

I spent last evening just starting my various CB version so they could all be scanned over again, 6.5. 7.07 asnd 7.5... it is annoying, just go and watch TV while they churn along.
by NorthWood MediaWorks
Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Avid Artist Transport: Keypad does not work with Cubase

Did you program numbers from across the top of your keyboard numbers, or the numbers from the keypad part of your keyboard, (I hope that makes sense) because I think Eucon sees them differently.
Thanks for your effort, Johngar
I tried both possibilities. If you say that it works well with your system: You are on a MAC - as it seems. Could be that this matter belongs to the WIN-side. So it also could be a matter of EUCon.
So I will start a topic at AVID about this case.
Beat
I am using Windows 7
by johngar
Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artist Transport: Key Commands don't work SOLVED

Hello again
It seems that I could solve the problem by myself... thank you Internet.

The problem is probably the driver which was installed by the Original-DVD/CD. The newest got another status as it seems. It changed from unsigned to signed or something else. Obviously it changed not in his number so once it is installed the newer EuCon-software doesn't exchange the old driver.

So if you get a new AVID ARTIST - piece you should directly install the newest software/driver from Avid's website.
Do not use the Drivers/Software from the original Installing CD!
Unfortunately this isn't pointed out on the Quick-Installing Paper.

For all others who have problems with the keypad (on a WIN-system) should go to the "Geräte-Manager" in Windows.
(Sorry, don't know the English expression)
You can probably make out yellow exclamation marks with the Avid-Midi-Driver and the Avid Keypad-Driver.
If this is the case try to delete the drivers directly in the Gerätemanager.

Uninstall Eucon/Avid-Software
1) You will get warnings and other messages. No problem. (We need to do this here because the uninstall routine will not remove the drivers)
2) Uninstall the Eucontrol-Software
3) Restart the Computer
4) If you have a registry cleaner you could use it before you install the software again
5) Install the newest EuControl-Software (3.1.2 at the moment)
6) If all things are going well you should say yes "install driver" (twice) during the installing process.
If this not happens the old (wrong) drivers are still installed... :evil:
7) After task 6) you should have Avid-Drivers without yellow exclamation marks within the Gerätemanager.

Go on and your Artist Transport is able now to use the keypad and all the Key-Commands.
Good luck!
by Beat Kaufmann
Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free SoundToys plug-in

I was concerned too as one or two of the Slate plugins were problematic with iLok when it was first released so i was reticent to update.... i also have melodyne which was not working properly in C7.5 initially but i had to update to the new iLok manager in order to install the update to that....... i needn't have worried...... it works beautifully here!
by matjones
Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4930k motherboard

I'm using an Aquaduct 360 XT for 5 years now (right now it's not working and I'm on air, temporarily, but I got myself everything I need to fix the issues) - and never had a leak or something.

Only thing is: you need to clean it, time and again - and water evaporates, so you have to fill it up. Besides that - hakuna matata. :-D

Advantages: it's silent and it's cool. Seriously cool.
by TheNavigator
Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic