Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Proper Post EQ

This is one of the little things which I would like to see in Nuendo ( as a post-daw ) compared to cubase (not saying, that cubase should'nt get one).

I've been on many (movie) dubbing sessions on PT, and I never saw anybody inserting just a 4band-eq, or working with a hard-fixed slope. They use the 7band of PT, or the 10band from waves, or or or...
So if Steinberg wants to give us a (like the title of this thread) proper post eq, they should upgrade their channel eq in order to have this one shown on the mixer.

If Steinberg just would generate an extra vst plugin - then I don't need one.

I'm working on Steinberg since 1996, and never used their channel eq due to the lack in filtering problematic location sound. I always had better third-party ones.
And next to Volume, Pan and Send, EQ is one of the four main features/operations in every single mix! So if Nuendo wants to present a mixing station which should compete with all the major consoles, imo, there's no way around it. And still: the basic idea of the channel eq is great...

In film-mixing a proper and suitable eq-filter for me is much more important than most of the other features mentioned here (and much more important than having a channel strip tube-saturation or sth like that).
by Domilik
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Using ADR Taker - multiple cues in one take??

Another thing that would be extremely helpful for me:
Loop recording with swipes on every loop, not just before the first loop.
by Oliver.Lucas
Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Sample Rate Conversion

I did eventually solve this - with no help whatsoever from the N6 user manual!

I tried every combination of the available options and eventually found out that it was necessary to set my hardware back to 48kHz then UN-Freeze all VST Instruments and then save the project and exit the program before resetting the system to 44.1kHz, restarting N6 and going through all of the Sample Rate Adjustment options until I happened upon a combination that worked - that was the day done.

Searching through the PDF user manual (which is not kept up-to-date by Steinberg when updates are released - so all of us have out-of-date manuals) I could find no references at all to any of the options that come up when attempting to change the sample rate of a project when launching the program.

Could somebody from Steinberg please update the user manual with appropriate documentation? - It will be a benefit to you (fewer support calls) and the users (no more stabbing in the dark all day long).
by fenderchris
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] View automation lanes layered on the audiotracks

This was asked for many times in the past, I just want to repeat this.

We need the option to view the automation lanes layered on the audiotracks. For a fast overview when doing volume automation, for a fast copy/paste of send-levels, and and and...
In PT it's such a charm.

When I want to see all my volume-automation in Nuendo, this doubles my track-account of an already huge film-session...
by Domilik
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feature requests about ADR

Hi!
I thought that I collected here few ideas that have come up to me while doing ADRs with Nuendo6.
These ideas are copied from another post but I think a dedicated topic about ADR and Nuendo would be nice so here goes.

1. It would be cool to be able to do ADR that´s based on cycle markers and use all the other implemented great ADR features AND get the recorded file to be named according the cycle marker.
Like first part of the file name would be characters name, then something like first two words of the line at hand... And then a cascading take numbering...
Files would be named like this: "frank_hi, great to see you" and then a cascading number for take number...

2. I`d love to be able to choose on what lane the next take would be recorded. This way it would be easier to organize recorded material while recording. Move up and Move down functions are great, but still Id love to be able to choose the lane beforehand recording...

3. Sometimes it is needed to trim start or end of the recording while doing ADR just to check takes. It has happened to me few times that when doing so I accidentally trim at the same time the relevant cycle marker.... Not nice. Some other way to prevent this other than locking marker track would be cool.

4. I'd love to have a key command that would mark which one of the takes is the chosen one.

5. While reviewing a take the input monitoring would turn it self off automatically. I know about tape machine like monitoring option but this would turn monitoring off only when inside current cycle marker. This way I could hear talent always exept when reviewing a take.

It can also be that I have not learned everything and these features are there already. If so please educate me.
I believe that all of these features would improve ADR work flow and also made easier when collaborating with pro tools rigs.

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feature requests about ADR

Huhuu! Anybody home? ;)
Boy it is quiet around here...

6: Open ended recordings. This would be a nice add on on your palette when working with talent.
7: To be able to record multiple dialog lines in one take so that written dialog would scroll along.
8: Recording so that talent says his/hers line after the original line is played without having manually mute the original sound track. In another words, automatic mute (all but the mic line) after the line that needs to be replaced is heard. And all this with open ended recording (feature request number 6)

Bye / Tumppi
by Tumppi Järnefelt
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase IC Pro

Would also be nice if it can support the surround panner.

Alan
by KSD
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't there a Nuage Section?

Hi John,

Welcome to the club!

Fredo
by Fredo
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

- Opportunity to fire up mixer shortcuts (from keyboard + or midi) when working and mixing in projectwindow! The need to click with mouse into mixer before is inadmissible.

Hello,

we are aware of this, however it is not at all a "bug", but a way of designing window handling. This approach follows
the standard logic how operating systems handle active windows. Thanks to the feedback in this forum as well as additional feedback we've received via other channels, we've clearly recognized that this behaviour needs to be changed to a different way of window handling. It requires a re-write of the window handling logic, which is already scheduled, but this will require some dev time.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FWIW, as a new convert to Cubase (from Logic) and potential Nuendo user (just as soon as 6.5 comes out), I find it pretty refreshing that these kind of discussions can even take place with genuine developers and their representatives. Try having open discourse with Apple devs on Logic, or even Avid regarding ProTools (both products I've used for upwards of 10 years) and you'll get nowhere unless you raise a support case - something you usually have to pay for.

No developer will please everyone all the time, but the fact that they appear here and make honest contributions in public space is a major credit to Steinberg.

[fan mode off]

Jules
by Trailerman
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit

Ed Doll wrote:We are currently working on this issue and possibly found a fix for the crash on exit.

This is good news. Thank you, Ed. (Sooner than later would be good!) :)

Chewy
by Chewy Papadopoulos
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well in the absence of facts and there's only conjecture.

The facts are right there under your nose.

Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would "sacrifice" the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steinberg is trying to be all things to all people. They are doing a pretty good job of it too. I have PT10 HD and I feel like there are some things that PT does better but there is far more that Nuendo does better so I use Nuendo much more.
So far they have been responsive to our requests, they have also borrowed from others and have come up with innovations on their own.
I am confident that Steinberg will continue to listen to the users to continue to streamline the process of making music.

Dean
by Rickard
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic