Search found 6 matches

Return

KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

UPDATE: 11/13/2013: New version with an updated css that uses smaller fonts. Added a "." to the empty cells.

There is now a bit of script that lets you more easily choose MAC or PC

#change these two values to identify MAC or PC
my @mods = @PCmods; #set to @MACmods or @PCmods case senstive
my @abrs = @PCabr; #set to @MACabr or @PCabr case senstive

Find this section and set the value after the = sign.

Typical disclaimer - this program isn't designed to do anything useful. If you accidently get it to do something you find agreeable, then that's a bonus. Should running it on your computer ruin your parents credit rating or modify the future beyond your ability to live in it (FZ reference FTW), that's on you.

perl script linked at the bottom of this post
Put the two files from the zip at the bottom of this post, in the directory that has your Key Commands.xml file in it.

Run the script
It will create a KeyCommands.html file
Open KeyCommands.html in your browser of choice.
Bask in the glory of my L33T Perl skillz...

There is a css file with a "background-color: xxxx" value for each command class of command. You can use internet colors or hex color values. Google css background-color for explanation of choices.

NOTE: There are some odd keyboard choices like '-' and '+' that are not treated normally. For example + should really be 'SHIFT+='. But because the + is treated as it's own symbol, there is a + row that can only ever have 1 command mapped to it. And you can never have a 'SHIFT+='. Hope that makes sense.

NOTE 2: If you hover your mouse over a command, it will show you the complete name as it is in the Cubase key command list like below;
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy105/jmcecil_photos/commands_zps76131e91.png

Here is the original thread
Key Command Utility
by JMCecil
Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oldie but Goodie Utility

Well, my humble contribution to this thread... :oops:

As I wanted something quick and using as less resources as possible, I focused more specifically on a .txt format result to be used with Notepad. So, to be able to quickly display all my current key commands in one window, I rebuild a .vbs script from scratch. Sadly, this won't work on Mac, as it uses the Windows integrated VBScript feature...

So, here it is (the 'how to' is in the CubaseKC100_ReadMe.txt in the attached zip folder). The script will show the current key commands settings as soon as the [OK] button of the 'Key commands' windows has been used. Hope it will be as useful for some of you as it is for me...

EDIT - CubaseKC101 : a little fix for a more efficient display of key commands related to preferences...

EDIT 2 - CubaseKC102 : a fix that should allow the display of the remaining few keys that weren't until now, due to an improper encoding (UTF-8) of the script. The script has been reencoded in ANSI and it seems that shift+keys combinations using the five keys just at the left of the Backspace-Return-RightShift block are now also displayed as expected.

EDIT 3 : updated version, see here : http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=50587 .
by cubic13
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metronome click patterns/Programmable click track

No, by accepting the Terms and Conditions, Cubase users agree to use only 4/4.

While the program does give a superficial appearance of allowing other time signatures, this does NOT imply that Steinberg actually condones such practice. For instance, the metronome and grid lines have been specifically designed to discourage compound time, and a little-known feature of Cubase is its ability to give a painful electric shock to anyone who persists in attempting to use anything but 4/4.

The metronome in (the by-then-tablet-only) C12 will just be a synthesised voice shouting ONE TWO THREE FOUR, but that'll be OK because the only people who'll still buy the (new toy-style, touch-only) Cubase will have no idea that other time signatures are possible. Happy little people. See them smiling. The Cubase screen it pretty and they can touch it.

See the pretty screen. Touch the pretty screen. Life is good. One two three four, one two three four, one two three four, ...
by chase
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

When dealing with human beings sometimes things can get delayed.
The plug that I use in this situation is called: 'Patience' ver1.0.

Works well. And it is 'free'.
Just download it and give it a try.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ipanema wrote:You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically". ;)

Arghh! What the?! I have it bypassed!!! Can't you tell?!! I'll never buy another product from them again!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, let me see if I understand this:

We users keep asking DAW Manufacturers for more features in a daily basis. And, since the "basic" features are already there, we ask for really complex new functions. Considering editing a not-so-pro choir section, and think what can be done today that was IMPOSSIBLE just few years back (not even talking analog tape here). Compare C5 and C7 in terms of functionality, for instance...

We also expected all those new functions, features, upgrades and updates to come as cheap as possible, preferably for free, because we already paid something like 500 bucks, right?. The current DAW used to cost double as much few year ago, but, who cares? It is not our problem, it is a manufacturer problem. This is the user POV.

Now, let's check for the manufacturers POV: users wants really complex modifications (even if they won't use them / need them in the near future), for free, developed with the same development team (manufacturers can't afford to growth the team, since users paid for the latest SW probably half they paid 10 years ago), and FAST. Manufacturers also has to deal with different computer environment (Mac OS X, several Windows versions, and hundreds of internal HW possibilities, plus hundreds of digital interfaces, in at least two different kind of busses). Oh, and please don't forget the support team, which should be available for free 24 hs / 365 days a year, in 5 or 6 different languages, and considering amateur users, as well as professional producers.

AGAIN, FOR FREE.

I don't know you guys, but I re-paid all the money I paid to Steinberg yearly with just one project (my Customers paid more than 50 euros for any kind of recording/mixing/mastering services, probably I am too expensive). And all of my amateurs friends, they know Cubase Elements or Artist is cheaper than two Nintendo / Playstation games, so they don't complain either.

Am I wrong?

PLEASE, LETS GIVE THEM A BREAK. If we want BETTER products every year, somebody has to think about it, develop it, test it, sell it, distributing it, document it, support it and make money out of it. This is the only possible equation. And if we want it FASTER, well, think on spending more money over the equation, because that is what it takes.

Just my opinion. I am a happy user anyway.

Regards,
Martin
by Martinoto
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic