Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Video Export option

Bravo Steinberg for adding "Track Versions", "Transient Navigation" and "Visibility Management" in Cubase 7.5. Now all we need in Cubase 8 are Track Versions for Video tracks and a "Bounce to Quicktime" function and you'll be a true pro tools killer! Please, please, please don't make me open Pro Tools or Logic again just to make quicktimes for my clients. You've got a real opportunity here, don't blow it!!
by cbdmusic
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Track Archive (improve function)

I am a film composer and I spend a lot of time transferring midi and audio regions and tracks from one session to another and the best way I have found to do that is "Export Selected Tracks" from session A and then "Import Track Archive" into session B (why it isn't called "Export Track Archive" is beyond me). The only problem with this method is that when I import the track archive into session B, the track archive remembers it's old "Project Start" time and then it proceeds to change the project start of session B. The solution I have found is to edit the XML file that cubase makes. In the XML code you can delete the "Project Start" data and then when you import into session B it won't mess anything up (I have attached a screenshot of what "Import Track Archive" looks like after you edit the XML).

Anyway, isn't this a little ridiculous that I have even had to learn how to edit an XML file in order for "Track Archives" to work? Can't we get a button on the import track archive window that says "ignore track archive project start"? Or is there a better way that you all know of to transfer tracks (and all their settings and data) between sessions. So that is my feature request... a "Ignore Track Archive Project Start Time" button.

Thanks!!

import track archive parr.png
by cbdmusic
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video Export option

Are you listening Steinberg?? : )
by cbdmusic
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic