Search found 270 matches

Return

Bring back the "On Startup" prefs pop-up

Bring back the "On Startup" prefs pop-up that was in Preferences>General.

It had options for Open Default Project, Open Last Project, Show Open Dialog which were useful,and apparently popular.

That are now missing.
Cubase 6:
http://thestevepage.com/img/On_STARTUP_Cubase6_Mac.png http://thestevepage.com/img/On_STARTUP_Cubase6_MacPopped.png

Cubase 7
http://thestevepage.com/img/On_Startup_Cubase7_Mac.png
by SteveInChicago
Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Record-enabled tracks do not render?!

The problem is not that the track is record enabled, but the auto-monitoring setting. Which do you have set? Tape Machine Style?
by SteveInChicago
Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full track header color

Hm, it should actually work– that's not something reported as broken afaik. Did you check if it's a prefs issue? (e.g., rename the prefs folder temporarily to disable current settings) If you take a second to include your setup in a sig you might get more detailed replies. http://www.steinberg.net/forums/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Metronome click patterns/Programmable click track

Implement a feature where we can create patterns in the Cubase metronome, and save them as presets, and where we can set the value of the beat , and have that define the grid.

Yes, I know you are thinking, why not create a click track? well, for one thing, having this in the Cubase click would permit
- including the click in a mix-down
- controlling its volume from the control room
- the use of (non x/4) audio clicks within the metronome dialog
- Automating the click
and it would be faster to create and faster to change.

Example:
11/16: 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 1 2
7/8: 1 2 3 4 1 2 3

I want to add (just in case) that the pattern should not be limited to a low number of cells, such as is the case with the Score Time Signature dialog.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compound time, odd meter click and grid improvements

I thought I would bump this to point out an (obvious) additional benefit that would come from implementing this request: Compound time signatures.

An example would be: In 6/8 the beat can be either the 8th or the dotted quarter.

The heavy lines in the grid should fall on the beat, But Cubase doesn't do that, and the metronome just marks the numerator's number of beats per measure (top number in the sig)

While it is possible to go into metronome settings and adjust it to 3/8 count base to get the metronome simply on 1 and 4,activating the count base option means the click will not change along with the time signatures.

It comes down to the fact that we need to able to set the beat value ourselves.

I updated the OP and subject line too.
by SteveInChicago
Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

User defined beat values: Grid,Compound time,odd meter,Click

Please implement the facility to set the beat value ourselves, and to make grid be configurable for odd meters and compound time signatures.

As it stands if the sig is 11/16 the grid will be quarter, quarter dotted 8th, but the groove might not flow like that, and if I want to group it, say, 4, 3, 4, I am out of luck. Cubase just puts the grid lines at quarters and then truncates the measure. 11/16 yields 2 quarter notes and a dotted 8th; 12/16, 3 quarters; and 13/16 3 quarters plus a 16th note.

This is common in Greek, Balkan, Arabic, contemporary classical music, Flamenco (and many other musics)

What I want to be able to do is configure measures using values. e.g.: (4,3,4)/16 or (4,3)/8, or (4,3,3,4)/16

Can we please have customizable grids in the project window and editors?

This could also satisfy the lacking support for compound time signatures, see below https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=35036&p=239649#p239649
by SteveInChicago
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: sheet music

I was kidding around with Papi61 regarding it being too accurate.

The way Cubase deals with translating midi data into Score (sheet music) data is not liked by all. If you play something in on a midi keyboard, or use the Audio to Midi function you will have to massage the Score to make it look good. And there is a learning curve. But you can get really good results. I do lead sheets and charts for small ensembles.

You really should download the Cubase trial version, you get the manual and the full program and you can play with it for a month. That will help you understand what it does exactly.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost USB licenser

If music production is your primary source of income then maybe consider the possibility of having a second licence on a second dongle locked away in a safe somewhere.

Yes, a total insurance policy.

Even if you don't make a living with Cubase, there is usually a trial version available. In cases where the dongle has to be replaced you can get an auth code for the trial version without waiting, and get back to work. So you could just have a second blank dongle stashed away.

And also, upon buying Cubase new, You can buy a second dongle and place the license on that. Put the included one in a drawer. Dongles sold with with new boxes (read not update or upgrade) come with a license that will run any Steinberg software for 25 hours.

There are several ways to avoid this grief.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chord track voicing

If I play a chord on the midi control to input into the chord track I don't (at times) get the exact chord voicing that I have played in the chord track.I know I can edit it after the fact but am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Normal.
All I want to be able to do is input the exact notes I play on my midi controller into the chord track.
In that case, record the chords into a midi part and then use the menu command: Project>Chords Track>Make Chords. (Set the locators to contain the section to be transcribed.)

Also, have you checked out the chord tools in the Key Editor?
by SteveInChicago
Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

Okay, got it working using Automator.app (an Apple built-in app)

Attached is an application generated from Automator.app that runs the perl script, no user intervention needed beyond placing JMCecils files in your prefs dir. ( ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/ )

Here are the terminal commands the Automator script runs:

cd ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/
perl ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/genCommands.pl
sleep 2
open ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/KeyCommands.html
edit, Apr 10, 2014: the file paths above are for Cubase 7, if you are using this with a different version be sure to edit the paths to the version you are using.

by SteveInChicago
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Easiest way to restrict MIDI recording to certain channe

I think you mean the "Pass Channel 1" preset.

Filter target:'Channel'
Condition: 'Unequal'
Parameter 1: '1'

The presets should be in the app folder, maybe they didn't get copied to the user presets folders. You don't say which platform so I don't have filepaths for you, but it's something like /presets/Input Transformer.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: vst latency when re opening project that previously had

Check to see if Constrain Delay Compensation is turned on.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sustain pedal altered with MIDI note filtering

Weird. It's not pedal message. Even though you don't tell it to, it is filtering the note off message as well.

So add a line:

off velocity (Value3), Less or equal, 0 (zero).

And it will stop filtering out the note offs.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hermode tuning and Kontakt

Greetings Parnasso...

What a beautiful job sequencing the Mahler. You are right that the effect is quite subtle,I fancied that the one with hermode tuning sounded sweeter and more in tune, but upon re-listening and A-B-ing the to in a project I realize that I would have to spend more time with it to have a reliable opinion.

So to verify that it does work with outside VSTs I did a simple test with a cadence with non-vibrato flutes from Garritan Personal Orchestra, it definitely does work, which is great. I hope Native Instruments makes it work in Kontakt, that's what I use. I sent in a support request about it, maybe others can also send in a support request to get it higher on their radar, if it isn't already. (though It probably is of course and I'm being impatient)

http://thestevepage.com/img/noHermode.wav

http://thestevepage.com/img/Hermode.wav
by SteveInChicago
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Score editor: Breve note

Still an extra move, but you can create a key command using a Logical Editor preset to add the length. Save a preset like this:
http://thestevepage.com/img/add4.png
Go to the KC window and assign a KC to it in the Process Logical Preset section.

But it won't work in step entry, since the note won't be selected.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C 7.5 Score Editor: Music XML import still broken.

Oh yeah, we already did this for 7.0.6. :lol: Same error in 7.5 with this file.

But- I'm not sure Cubase's import function is necessarily to blame here.

Cubase for some reason garbles the first measure. In fact, neither staff imports correctly, as I said previously.

I then imported other files downloaded from http://www.musicxml.com/music-in-musicxml/ and the import worked well. ( http://downloads2.makemusic.com/musicxml/ActorPreludeSample.xml and the file attached to this post)

Cubase is on a lower version of MusicXML than Finale (whose manufacturer maintains/owns MusicXML) incidentally. I wonder if this has something to do with it.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 feel cheated

Actually Cubase (X) to Cubase (X+Y) is an update, and Cubase Artist or Elements (X) to Cubase (X) is an upgrade, if we're using the terms the way SB uses them.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 new 7.5 bugs I found.

The save thing is sometimes true...

The second bug is in automation. "Show used automation (Selected track)" does not function, and does in fact reveal ALl automation. I have confirmed the keycommand settings, and it is indeed the function that does not work as intended.
Can't reproduce on Mac, command works correctly.
by SteveInChicago
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 keycommand focus

TimoWildenhain wrote:Key Command/mixer issue will (most likely) be fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=194&t=50956&start=25
by SteveInChicago
Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Track versions are not moved with arranger track

Yes. It appears Flatten only modifies the active version. BUT. It's complicated.

It appears also that the Arranger track has versions, even though it's not documented and, doesn't have a TrackVersions tab in the inspector.

try this repro:
- New project, Arranger Track, Midi Track
- select Midi track, create new version
- select both the Arrange track and midi track
- switch to the other version

Cubase will say "This track version does not exist on these selected tracks: -Arranger Track".

- Use either of the options, Duplicate or New Empty, it will to add a version to the arranger track, but of course there is no where to see this.

-- You can test it though, by adding an event to the arranger track and invoking "Previous Track Version" and "Next Track version" with only the Arranger track selected.

Switching between and adding versions appears to work; but Cubase eventually quits unexpectedly after this activity continues for a short time.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: start recording from the left locator

Cole wrote:There is also a setting to record from the left locator. I'm not in front of Cubase right now but i believe its in the transport menu somewhere near the metronome and pre count options.
Yes, and it is called auto-punch-in. :roll:
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, this is related to the way Cubase deals with focus overall, not just Key Commands. For example, it is possible to be working in an Always-on-Top window and hit a key that does nothing in the window, but edits something in another window.

In my view this is a serious issue.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are many improvements for composers in 7 and 7.5. You probably won't be sorry. ;)
by SteveInChicago
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Issue] Re-Record

I tapped the key command as briefly as possible, also tried using the mouse (Kensington Trackball) Sounds like a Mac/PC difference.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Issue] Re-Record

Cannot confirm on Mac.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mapping Groove Agent One

Well, hitting pads in Groove Agent is not a function of the Generic Remote.

Either change the GA pads to correspond with the MPK pads, or vice versa.

You can put a Midi Monitor midi insert on the channel so you can see what the MPK is sending. Right-click on the GA pads to select what note triggers it.
by SteveInChicago
Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can I use Input Transformer to reverse polarity of susta

Top pane:
Type:Controller
Midi Controller Number: 64

Lower pane:
Value 2: Mirror, value 64.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PC to Mac migration

The process should be relatively painless.

One thing worth mentioning as far as your key commands go: save them as preset from your Windows system, and bring them into the Mac by the same means. There's an import command, but does not function for this purpose.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stop Charging for .5 Upgrades!

Track versions, multi-timbral VST tracks, Track visibility and all the rest. totally worth $50.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Key Commands

I was just looking for a reset EQ KC, and didn't find one. I thought there was some key-combo+click that would do it in the mixer, but no go there. Alt-click does work on the project window inspector EQ bypass though.
I found it: in the Key Commands. Edit>Reset to Default, it works on any rack that has a default setting vst preset, as well as other elements that can be set to a default setting.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Inspector issue

It's not scrolling, it's dragging– as in the project page and editors with the middle mouse button down. The cursor becomes a hand.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fine tuning

I'll take pity on you, you pathetic, cheeky wretch. ;)

Slice up the audio event. Open the Info Line (command-i) and adjust the Fine-Tune value for each selected event.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fine tuning

I'm worried that my humor was too harsh in my earlier post, as the OP has not come back. I was completely joking, trying to riff off his post, but maybe not his cup of tea. :oops:
by SteveInChicago
Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: removing / replacing audio

- There are the Remove Unused Media and Empty Trash key commands.

- if you don't use the counter in Export Naming Scheme you will get a dialog asking if you want to overwrite the same-named file.

- also they don't have to go into the pool/be imported into the project in the first place, and you can send them to an OS folder to make it quicker to get rid of unwanted files.

There might be more ways!
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't this what Bounce Selection does? You are saying that you want to place it on the track with the effects, so I presume you don't want the effects from the track included in the 'mixdown'.

Otherwise I think you are asking for that oft-requested FR, 'Bounce-in-Place'.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase can only mixdown to an output file, and then places it on new track, a new project, or can open an external editor. So Cubase is going to put it in a new track at the bottom of your track list.

So I think you already sorted it as much as you can, and the answer to your question about how "to mixdown onto existing tracks & w/o first deleting the tracks" is, you have to do the extra work, or make a macro.

Check out the commands "Find Selected in Pool" (works on multiple selected audio events in the project page), "Remove Unused Media" and "Empty Trash" At least you can automate part of this.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, have you checked out this macro that Winter Rat (I believe) posted? http://www.cubasetutorial.net/2013/02/0 ... his-macro/

It's also here on the forum, but that external site was easy to find...
by SteveInChicago
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple clips in Key Editor

Simply select multiple midi parts in the project page and open the key editor. Also set the buttons "Edit Active Part Only" and "Show Part Borders" to your preference.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ruler Subdivisions

Hm... It is working properly here...
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where'd the track-coloring thingy go?

It's an animated gif of me

1. hovering the cursor with ctrl/command held down over the left edge of the track header and moving the scroll wheel.

2. clicking in that same location with ctrl/command held down.

What I said was distante's gif showed changing the track color from the inspector.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where'd the track-coloring thingy go?

That was in the inspector.

It is also available on the track:
by SteveInChicago
Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Convert Track -> Rack

Maybe I don't have it set correctly but the inspector (with Instrument check-marked for each ) using a rack the top has the midi volume slider, pan & offset, when using an instrument I get the audio fader volume, pan & offset.
Well, the midi fader only appears in Midi tracks, not Instrument tracks. So if you had those in the earlier projects they would still be there.

You said I have many older projects that use track vi's that 'd need to be converted to rack ones. Which I understood as: I have Instrument Tracks that'd need to be converted to rack ones. That's what I'm stuck on.

But it sounds like you want to have midi faders on all your tracks, so: use midi channels routed to either Instrument Tracks or Rack Instruments.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Convert Track -> Rack

Those are not both midi tracks.

inspector_instrument.png shows an Instrument Track, which will never have a midi fader. (and is a hybrid of midi and audio)
inspector_rack.png shows a Midi Track. (A midi track can be routed to the VST Rack, an external device or an Instrument Track)

New to 7.5 is the possibility to route Midi Tracks to Instrument Tracks, also, Instrument Tracks now appear in the VST Rack.

You can add midi tracks and route them to that instrument track, that's how you will get a midi fader on that track.

Also, and I mean no disrespect, It might be profitable for you to read through the Track Instruments section in "New Features in Cubase 7.5" doc that was included in the install. That's the best source for this info.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi velocity not working

Hmmm. Have you tried creating a new track (not duplicating) and routing it to that instrument?

If you zip and upload your cpr, someone will have a look at it.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Explanation Midi fader?

1. As soon as I touch the midi fader, I influence the volume. When I turn it back down completely, I don´t get back to the default state where the signal was coming through, the channel is silent; no more read out. Is the midi fader a fader usually left untouched? Best to hide those in the Mixconsole to avoid confusion and just use the audio fader?
When you touch it you have sent a volume change cc7 to Halion, whereas up till then no cc7 had been sent. Thereafter, to control the midi volume you have to send the corresponding cc7 message (with the fader or any other way.) Personally, I don't use midi volume too much, because for the VSTs I use the mod wheel or velocity is used.

2. When the midi fader is turned up 100% the midi notes on the track are not hitting volume 127. There still is dynamic range. Why is that? What´s the use then: if I want things louder, I can turn the audio fader up?
I dunno, but see above...

3. I forgot... Will post it when I remember.
:lol: :lol:
by SteveInChicago
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ruler (min:sec) Start at left locator

You can add an offset for the seconds ruler in Project Setup, but there's no way specifically to have the left locator be (and remain) at 0:00.

(edit- Buchanan posted while I was typing - didn't see his post till mine was done)
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Templates Folder

~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/Project Templates/

~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/Presets/

VST presets mostly ~/Library/Audio/

All preferences ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/
by SteveInChicago
Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: User & Factory Presets

Having said the verbiage below, attached is a very simple Mac shell command that will make a backup of
- all your user presets for all plugins that use the normal path for that on Mac
- Your Cubase prefs folder.

You end up with a Folder in your Home directory called: CubaseBackup, and dated folders inside that with the folders and files.

Unzip it and double click to run it. You can also open it with a text editor to have a look at it's innards. It's only 4 lines. Please let me know if it works for you.

Here is the verbiage:
Are you asking for a backup util for Steinberg products only, or all the plugins you have SB or not?
Why do you want to back up factory presets, since you have those on their installers?

And the other thing I am wondering– since Apple provides the Time Machine backup, are you not using it, since It is a close-to-100% guaranty of being able to retrieve lost files and costs nothing?

I think every user should become familiar with the file locations. This info is analogous to knowing where the fire escape is located, or how to fasten your seat belt. SB provides a list:

Settings files:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/where-are-the-vst-plug-ins-stored-on-mac-os-x/kb_back/2020.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1%5Bproduct%5D=36

Plugins and presets etc,
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail.html
by SteveInChicago
Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, I use the Score editor...

Who else is else using the Score Editor much? Vic_France est ce que tu est la qqpart?

I don't think a single person has mentioned the Score editor in regard to the Cubase 6 update, so I thought I would.

It does not look like anything been changed or added to in the Score Editor from my read of the manual today.Is that correct, Chris et al?

Please indulge me for a bit while reminisce before getting to the point...

I'm another one who first used Cubase on an Atari 1024 mega st. What a machine. 1/4" sound inputs, TV video output, built in midi ports, and some other stuff I can't remember. 4 megabytes of ram. 1/4096th of the ram that is in my cell phone now. I installed Cubase from a single floppy disk .

Sure, it's not Finale, but wow, anyway. I just finished an evening of putting together charts for a rehearsal tomorrow. I have the charts in a project that is 30 minutes long, a show with live musicians, sound design and spoken word on tape (yeah, I say tape but it's in Cubase) and videos of previous performances of the piece that we have edited in Cubase for time insertions and deletions.

I am able to fairly sync up the notation to the video, have done some transcribing from the live audio, and I have a nice unified look to my charts using the text set tools, and once I deleted the odd chord presets Steinberg included these many years ago, nice looking chord symbols using a 3rd party font.

Each chart has a different tempo and time sig, and using the tempo and sig tracks it's all sticking together.Took a bit to get my head around how to make that happen, but once done one has a most flexible, amazing if you think about it, tool.

Of course no post to this forum is complete without some whining so here I go:

Cubase got an update of the Score editor, I think for v5, but I don't remember, maybe it was earlier, and it brought good things.

The problems currently with the Score editor revolve around window focus management, at least here on the Mac side. I want a way to get focus to any window using the keyboard, not the mouse.

Open a properties window and it doesn't get focus, even after adjusting a setting inside it. Often you cannot tab through the text fields.

There is no way to give focus to the window without clicking in it, so it either stays open, or you grab the mouse just for that. Pity, since Cubase is so keyboard friendly.

I would like more symbols, there are a bunch, but there are some missing.

Small stuff maybe, but I would love to see Score Editor grow some more.

Thanks for reading...

Steve
by SteveInChicago
Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Export - Audio Mixdown" function enhancements

Heh. I already made the gif... and you already edited your post :lol:

You have to use a different key in [enter] is taken, how about return?
by SteveInChicago
Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how Regester Cubase7...!!?

From what this post (From a Steinberg rep) says, you should be able to just click okay in the notification about the license being for USA and download the license y=to you elicenser.
the poat is at http://www.gearslutz.com/board/9109997-post18.html
="Guillermo N"]Hello all,

I can definitively not say or explain why the Cubase 7 US version has been implemented.
But I can help you solve some of the other questions.

That is true, click on ok and the license should download correctly.

The license will be flagged as Cubase 7 US, so even though you transfer the license to a different eLicenser the local distributor will know it was purchased on the US.

Some distributors or local dealers might not want to provide support if you have not purchased the software with them.
Some others might not have a problem with it, as long as you are register in that country. E.g. Australia, Canada.

It does not matter where you have purchase Cubase or if you have a US license, you can always download and install the free maintenance updates.
No matter where you are you can always request support from the Steinberg Headquarters using the Support Request Form on your MySteinberg account or through the official forums.

Best regards,
GN
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 - assign automation to track versions?

Sorry to tell you, Cubase only associates automation with tracks, not parts.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you want to save your project? Goodbye!

Have you experimented with a system utility lately that schedules things? Do you have an entry somehow set up in the Windows Scheduler? (I think that's what it's called- available from the run command)
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Track Height (Project Windows) is messy

Are you sure you don't have Enlarge Selected Track activated in prefs?
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sustain pedal mutes uppermost instrument track

Check in Device Setup for remote/quick controls routing. It sounds like you have a remote command mapped to mute track 1.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 duplicate tracks issue?!?!

The New Features doc should be in your help menu.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chord (track) Chord editor: Add enharmonic shifting drop

Some kind of switch might be helpful, but note that you can type the chord in by hitting the tab key, and Cubase will spell the symbol accordingly, within the limits of what Cubase knows. (also note that if you hit tab again, a new chord will be added and selected for editing.)
by SteveInChicago
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major problem, can't see any automation![solved]

Confirmed. There's a workaround, (which you might have have done but didn't say) open the same PLE preset and change the lower pane action to Hide Track>Disable
by SteveInChicago
Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How rename event?

In the info line.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Record in stop mode

Cubase is always recording whether in play or stop 'mode'

The nomenclature is retrospective record.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chord Lengths in chord track

The chord sustains until the playback cursor hits the next chord.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help pls - Hide muted notes in score?

One further question though... I tend to use the piano roll editor for muting because it's just generally easier for me, so does that mean that in Score I have to select all the unmuted notes and click Hide, or is there a 'hide muted notes' option? There's no built in command, but you can create one using a Logical Editor preset in a macro with the hide command.

type --equal to --note
Property --property is set --event is muted save the preset as, say. 'hide muted notes'

Create a macro to make this a one-keystroke command:

macro:
Process Logical Preset – hide muted notes
Score Functions - Hide
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.5.0: Track Pictures Garbled (Sometimes)

Confirmed here. User or factory, same effect at 90 and 270 degrees.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Questionair - January 2014

I filled it out too. I agree with Rommelaar, I much prefer to own the product and to be able to sell my license. There's more to the survey than that too. Here's a link: http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeven ... -2666.html
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the fake 'new features' steinberg trickery

Yes, it appears they feel the market they are talking to are not folks who like to dig around in key commands and tinker about with macros. I'm cool with that, I want them to sell many units and make money to use for adding (hu)manhours to the development of existant features. ;)

On the other hand, they have added stuff like track variations, multi-out Instrument tracks, Score MIDI inspector, new PLE and Logical editor conditions/actions for the C7 cycle, so it's not all hype. In fact they seem to negelct to advertise some things that would be as big as MemZap to some people- like the suspend-snap modifier key they added in C7, clamoring for that feature went on for years, yet some people still didn't know about it a year after it was added.

What would be really good would be having more enhanced documentation.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Add Listen function to GR/QC

I agree.

Here's a thread I posted about using the macro apps viewtopic.php?f=181&t=47721
by SteveInChicago
Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Rack Is Inconsistent

also btw add to the list-- slows down the program, sometimes to the point of crashing, in a busy project. try having a couple dozen instrument tracks loaded while the rack is visible, and go 'select all tracks', or use the "range" tool to make a vertical selection across all the tracks. the rack goes berzerk, trying to select all the instruments in the project one by one, makes the system lag for a while until it recuperates... and sometimes crashes while at that. it's brilliant.

I thought it was just me. I already get lots of eye rolls for constant grousing but although I find Cubase to be -very- reliable, I've noticed that 'the rack' has some definite issues.

and all it would have taken in the development phase was to go ctrl+a in an average project, to realise there is a design flaw. who exactly is testing this thing?
Perhaps it was not seen as a design flaw since this behavior can be turned off.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: tiny cubase 7(.5) workflow enhancements appreciation

Command key is the default modifier on Mac.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kenton Control Freak and Korg NanoKontrol problems

Everything is working here in this regard.

When you say "Midi Controller Automation Setup" what are you referring to? Generic Remote in Device setup?

It sounds like the CCs are being filtered out, which would happen if those CCs are assigned in Device Setup>VST Quick Controls, which is new for 7.5.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

I recently did some extensive tests on performance peaks and eventually reproduced something very similar on my home rig. Tried all kind of audio and video-card drivers combinations as well as disabling / enabling Windows services, the only thing I didn't touch is the BIOS.
Wow. Above and beyond service. Way to go Fabio.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: option to stop marker track resizing

This isn't what you asked for, but if you divide the track list ('/' icon on extreme upper right of project window event display) and put the marker track in the upper area it will be harder to unintentionally select the track.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Logical Editor Select Selected Note every bar

Edit- In editing my graphic to fix what Vic pointed out, I realized I didn't even correctly understand what you wanted to accomplish, :oops: but now maybe I do. ;) To get you started.

Cubase does not have the command you mentioned, you would just enter the range within which you want to select notes. I changed the image I uploaded so it would do what you are asking. Note the values in the parameter columns.

When you want to edit velocity, change the Function to Transform, and the action in the lower pane will take place. In this example it would subtract 20 from the velocity of the notes determined by the filter in the upper pane.

http://thestevepage.com/img/Select16ths.png
by SteveInChicago
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metronome

Hm. It does look like there's an issue with that. I just tested your question, new multi-timbral VSTs did not appear until I restarted Cubase, and the routing to to the monotimbral VST (Groove Agent One) was indeed lost.

(Please add your system info to your forum profile sig)
by SteveInChicago
Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

ipanema wrote:You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically". ;)

Arghh! What the?! I have it bypassed!!! Can't you tell?!! I'll never buy another product from them again!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi Transpose Presets & Keyboard Shorcuts

This is a job for the Logical Editor– See the chapter The Logical Editor, Transformer, and Input Transformer. (p 580 in the English manual)

Once you create a Logical Editor preset it will become available in the Key Commands dialog.
by SteveInChicago
Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: elicense Error when opening, help!

I had that when I restored a drive from backup.

It was enough to launch the elicenser app and run the maintenance routine for it to sort itself out. (obviously make sure you have the latest version.)
by SteveInChicago
Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AI - LE - Elements confusion

It launches the highest version of whatever you have the license for, so if you have your Cubase 7 key plugged in it launches as Elements. I suppose if you unplug the dongle it will start up at Ai.
by SteveInChicago
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trim Project w/ Timecode Offset

How about this- with the range tool select the range.

Copy that value from "Range Start" in the info line

Paste it into Project Setup>Start

Cubase will ask you if you want to keep the project content at it's timecode positions?

Say yes.

Of course, I might have completely misunderstood what you asked! :roll:
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sustain midi data editing - what happened?

Nope. It's a current feature request.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, right. I'm using Patience 1.0 as an insert on my inputs and my outputs, and okay, it does what it says, BUT, now I don't get that hyper, excited feeling that I had gotten so used to. It's just mellow, groovy vibes all the time. A gain knob on this plugin is sorely needed! Don't I have the right to adjust how patient I am!? (I have the plugin bypassed at the moment.)
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: :lol:

That's it, I'm switching to Xanax Pro 1.5, but I'll combine it with Patience 16.0 when it comes out. See ya on the flip flop!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nothing to do with patience. i'm not waiting for new features to have some fun or whatever.
it's my job, i'm trying to work for months with a tool that doesn't work properly. and yeah i'm fed up with this. To respond on topic, sgodzillat– I hear you, and understand it's frustrating but I know that different people have different tolerances for this sort of thing. Those who have a low tolerance for bugs (I have a high tolerance, apparently) wait a while before updating, and certainly, they go back to the older solid version to get work done rather than bashing their head agains the wall.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

orchetect wrote:It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51812
by SteveInChicago
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steiny-sense. :lol: excellent.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Martinoto wrote:Am I wrong?
You are right.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does Anyone Still Find Warping v Confusing in Cubase?

lukasbrooklyn wrote:musical mode on a track versus musical mode on an event..
It's musical time base on a track.

But yes, I agree, nomenclature could be better generally.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

unsubscribed.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic