Search found 35 matches

Return

A plugin manager is really needed

I own a lot of VST3 - plugins and using them is really a lot of scrolling work, because the sorting / ordering scheme is so bad. :-(

Please, Steinberg, give us a nice VST3 plugin management system. Preferably with automatic removal of mono plugins for stereo tracks and multiple sets of plugins for different types of tracks.

Look, dear developers and product managers:

I AM a software developer in my daytime job. Therefore I KNOW that this is actually not that hard to do, it's something one can even give to some junior developer to get to know the GUI framework and some communication with the audio path engine or whatever you call it.

If I had to do the planning poker, I'd say about 10 man days of work for a full featured plugin management system when done by a junior.

Besides that, I also feel a little bit like this is a political (marketing) decision not to have given us that yet? Is it possible that you WANT 3rd party developers to be able to force their will upon us?

I may take the liberty to post a screenshot of the utter mess my "insert plugin" menu is.

So please, seriously, do something. I think I'm not the only one who hates the sorting / ordering scheme as it is now, because it is super ultra megabad.
by TheNavigator
Tue May 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plugin Browser - Arrow Keys used

When using Plugin Browser, it would be cool to not have to use the mouse to select from list.

EG.

1. <enter search text>
2. arrow key down/up
3. enter makes Selection

small thing like this make it easier on the hands, and help avoid hand cramping.
by beerbong
Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

folder for backup files

Does anyone out there know how to put all the backup files (.bak) into a backup folder?

Is there a pref for this?

If now please steinberg make us one. I want to save more backups but it's to messy.
by Swi
Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: - Cubase 7 with dual Xeons

Fabio Bartolini wrote:your enquiry has been forwarded by a distributor, I replied on the 14th. Did you receive the e-mail?

Thank you for the official Steinberg response. ................................................. NOT :roll: !

That really helps ( :roll: ) anyone else who has this question, like me.
by Patanjali
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Film Music tools: Streamers, Punchers and Flutters

Dear Staff,

I switched to Cubase 7 from Logic Pro and DP8 and I would love to find in the future in Cubase a little tool that in Film Music Scoring Composers usually use while they compose or direct the Orchestra during the Scoring Session.

In DP8 they are called " Streamers, Punchers and Flutters " leaded by Markers the Composer places one the Marker Track .

This feature was created by Auricle in Los Angeles and the same feature was included later in DP8 and Logic Pro.

You will find attached a screen shot I took in order to show you what I mean exactly.

They would be very useful both during the composition process and in the Scoring Session as well for the Orchestra.

I knew there was something similar in Nuendo, but it would be great find a specific tool for Film Music in Cubase.

Thanks million!
by dioman_leikari
Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mute (x) switch in VariAudio

It becomes incredibly annoying after a while. I have loads of tracks to pitch correct and it almost drove me mad by accidentally clicking on X so many times.
by mihnelis
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] A smaller VSTi Rack please!

...even on my WQHD monitor, the vst rack is so (too) huge, for what purpose ?? and so slow.. :cry:

it takes about 3 sek to show up, with 26 instruments in the rack, previously it was immediately
by Tomek
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [POLL] Mute (x) switch in VariAudio, is it necessary?

At first I didn't notice it, but last week I had a large project with tons of corrections needed and I kept clicking it by mistake, really annoying.
by Soul-Burn
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dry/Wet Mix knob for all plugins

Would be nice to have a Dry/Wet mix knob built in Cubase for all plugins including 3rd party plugins, VST2 and VST3
by patcub
Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Excruciating load times

Its pretty bad…

I don't care what new features are going to be offered in CUBASE 8….I only want cubase to run faster and crash less. I'll pay whatever they ask for this.

22 Minutes to load my template?
6 seconds to call up my VST instruments panel?
4 seconds to use track visibility agents?

PLEASE MAKE CUBASE HANDLE LARGE TEMPLATES FASTER. The improvements are welcome and CUBASE is the best daw in my opinion, but if these load times and lags continue, I will need to go to a lesser DAW just so I don't have to wait for my template to load...
by Monfra321
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now VST rack is so huge. What for ???

and what about futures like this:
- remove unnused instruments
- unused instrument in a different color
- layering instruments
and so on

I'm sorry but I do not see here any improvements.. :cry:
by Tomek
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now VST rack is so huge. What for ???

yes I understand.

I too find it a little bit confusing, now there is all the VSTi's used as instrument track + the instruments in the instrument rack, it's supercharged and I don't understand why.

The way it was before is more clear IMHO, instruments tracks in the project window and instrument racks...in the instrument rack.

Also we should be able to assign any parameter to the Quick Control knobs, with a learn function.
by patcub
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello guys,

We are investigating this issue!
by crohde
Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NewFeature: ALT+Click to split notes in VariAudio

Agreed.
This and making the mute button less annoying.
by Soul-Burn
Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Here's an easy but pretty powerful one I just made up, been wanting to try that for weeks, always forgot about it :
Write a macro containing both "Bounce MIDI" and "Bounce" (audio), assign a key.
Works 100% transparent in C7, it bounces whatever you have highlighted, MIDI, audio or both ... *
Beats using the glue tool by a mile imho, ymmv.
For some weird reason it crashes 6.5 here though. :(
Go figure, I actually found a little detail that works faster in C7 ... :?
cheers,
Rhino

* No, stupid, it doesn't create a MIDI/audio hybrid. :roll:
Gotta leave something for next week. :P
by Rhino
Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, some of the best tips are keyboard shortcut or modifier keys and are not really hidden but I'll post them anyways:

-Hold shift + Ctrl, left click and drag up or down on midi event(s) to change their velocities
-Hold Ctrl while resising an event (when snap to grid is enabled) to bypass the snap to grid and resise freely (same thing for moving an event)
-This is simple but a lot of people don't know about this, use Grid Relative in the snap to grid panel if you want to move events but keep their starting position.
-when using the Range selection tool, hold Ctrl + Shift to select all tracks
-there's a command called select cursor to end, so if you assign this to a keyboard shortcut and also assign one to split at cursor, you can easily split all files and the select all on the right side of the split to move them
-if you want to delete a section but you want all event after to move where the deleted section is while keeping everything on the grid use the range selection tool while snap to grid is enabled, use the ctrl + shift modifier I talked about to select the part you want to delete (let's say you delete 2 bars), then go to the snap type in the snap to grid panel and change it to shuffle, then press delete. the 2 bars are gone and all event after moved to the left automatically. Don't forget to change the snap type again after tho ;)
-Variaudio shortcuts: press tab to switch between segment and pitch modes, hold ctrl while moving a note to put it perfectly on the pitch, hold shift while moving a note to move it freely
-In mixconsole, alt double click on sends to make the send plugin show up
-Add a Key command to Find track/Channel (in my case it's F) so when I press F I can start typing the name of a track and it will select it ... this is really usefull to find tracks easily in big sessions

I could go on like this but I don't want to clutter the forum ;) I hope this will help some of you
by trashdinner
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmm... Someone just asked me for a Mac version of a script I worked on in this thread
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=31882

So, I figured this was a good bump place for that thread.

This is a Windows script that will lay out your used keycommands in a useful way and output them in an html page.
by JMCecil
Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this one isn't too known i guess: to replace all instances of an audio event in a project (akin to exchanging a sample in a sampler), put your replacement sample in the pool, the drag it from the pool whist holding shift, and drop it onto the event to be replaced.
by lukasbrooklyn
Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Got a cool tip or macro to add to the list? Spotted an error or know a better way? Post it here and I'll add it on as and when I can!

There are lots more juicy tips in this thread that haven't been collated yet, or are a bit too general or complex to fit in this post. Have a wade through and see what nuggets you find.

Excellent Thread by Bane (looks like hundreds of hours of work here) thanks Curteye.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=23576#p151237

Great Site Full of Tutorials thanks Norbury Brook .
http://www.cubasetutorial.net/

Best Ever Workflow Tip

The one piece of advice that keeps on coming up over and over: Learn the Key commands and assign your own. Almost every function can be set to a key command.

Here's an excellent thread by JMCecil with a utility for setting up and viewing key commands.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=31882

Project Setup

Make templates!

Get a session set up how you like it, tracks ready to go, input and output buses, group channels, folder tracks even favourite VST instruments and FX, this is a BIG timesaver.

Template From Existing Project

Save your project under a different name first (avoids ‘lost project embarrassment’). Delete all the Audio/MIDI stuff you don’t want in the template from the project window. Hit [CTL]+P to open pool and right [Option]click, select empty trash.
BEWARE, don’t choose erase unless you don’t need the files, choose the‘remove from pool’ option. Erase option will send your files to digital heaven. Then choose Save as Template option from the file menu.

Naming Tracks

In the Arrange window, click in the track name box to get a curser, type in the tracks name ie; ’Kick’, hit [TAB] (cursor jumps to next track name box) type in next one and repeat. Hit [Enter] to end.

Naming Tracks Inside Folders - by Xtigma

Rename all tracks inside a folder to the same name.
Type name in Folder Track, hold down [shift] + press [enter].

Rename all events on midi track to track's name - By Mozizo

Dbl click track name(fonts highligted with blue).
Press and hold one of the modifiers and press Enter.

Assigning Input Buses and Channel Outputs

In the Mix Console, select the required audio channels and as you assign the 1st channel (Drop down menu in Mix Console-Routing Tab) hold down [Shift] and each channel will be assigned incrementally.
Holding [Shift]+[ALT] will send all selected channels to the same Input bus or output.

Macros

To create a macro

File/Key Commands/Show Macros/New Macro-and name it.
Highlight the command from the commands window and hit 'Add Command' after each.
The new marco should now be visible in the macro folder in the commands window. Assign it to a Key of your choice.

New Track Macro - by Rhino

For creating a new track with all routing monitoring and FX settings from existing in one go.

Project - Duplicate Tracks
Edit - Select All On Tracks
Edit - Delete

Bounce In Place - by Winter Rat http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=30597

Cubase Ninja Pro-Tools style Trim Automation - by Lukasbrooklyn http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=38182

Set L and R Locators to next 2 markers - by SeeWhat

Locate to marker 1 then apply the following macro ({Alt}+{/}.
transport- set Left locator
transport- next marker
transport- set Right locator

Mix Console/FX

Default FX Presets - by Rhino

In any FX container window, next to the preset box hit the cubase icon and choose 'save as default preset'

Open all insert GUI on channel - By mozizo

[shift]+[alt]+[left click] on E button of a channel.
To close all of them [shift]+[left click] on E again.

Reset Channel Settings - by Bacizone

In Track Inspector - Alt+Click on the Bypass buttons will reset the settings of Insert / Strip / Equalizer / Send

Audio

Pre-Insert Volume Automation

Make sure the 'Use Mouse Wheel for Event volume and Fades' option is activated in Preferences. Editing/Audio page.
[ALT]+Click on an audio event to cut it around the area you want to change, then hover the mouse over it and mouse wheel up for louder (up to 24db) or down for softer. Will also work for multiple selections or entire Audio events. Won't work for an Audio Part unless you dissolve part first [CTL]+ right[option] click to open context menu and choose Audio/Dissolve Part.
[CTL]+M/Wheel near front of event to adjust fade in or near rear for fade out.

Replace all audio clip instances - by lukasbrooklyn

To replace all instances of an audio event in a project (akin to exchanging a sample in a sampler), put your replacement sample in the pool, the drag it from the pool whist holding shift, and drop it onto the event to be replaced.

MIDI

MIDI Octave shortcut - by Stealth

Select midi event(s) in the project/arrange page then Shift + up or down arrow key to change octave.

MIDI Velocity Editing - by trashdinner

Hold shift + Ctrl, left click and drag up or down to change velocity on selected MIDI events.

Logical Editor - by Curteye

Being a MIDI guitarist from the early 90's the LE was a must learn.
Here is my approach(es):

1-When using it stop thinking like an artist/musician etc
and start thinking more 'scientific'. (similar but not quite the same)

2-Don't go in 'cold'. Decide want you want to accomplish and use a preset
that steers in that direction. There are many in Cubase. Tweak from there.

3-Save your tweak as a preset. You might need it later and you might forget how you got there.
(happened to me a lot at first)

4-Using LE custom presets along with Key Commands can really speed the workflow.

VST Instruments

Record VST instrument tracks without using groups or bounce or export - by JMCecil

F4 -> Output tab -> hit + sign and create a Stereo Output called whatever "VSTi Out". Do not assign this output to any of your audio card outputs.
On your Instrument track, set the output to the "VSTi Output" from the previous step.
Create a Stereo Audio Track in the project, set the INPUT to "VSTi Output"
Enable monitor and/or Record enable.

Layered Samples in Groove Agent SE - by trashdinner

If you add multiple sounds to a pad (by drag and dropping) use the first (top) option when dropping the sounds to a pad to layer them.
At first they will will not trigger at the same time but the different samples will trigger depending on the velocity so while the pad is selected, change the mode to "layer" instead of "velocity" in the main tab. Now they all trigger at the same time but you can't adjust the volumes or any other parameters of the different samples separately ... but here's how to do it:
There are 2 little buttons on the upper right side of Groove Agent SE, one is ABS or Rel (It's set to ABS by default)
and the other one is Pad or Sel (It's set to Pad by default). If you press the Pad button to switch it to Sel (while the multi samples pad is selected) you can now chose the sample you want to change the volume or any other parameters and it will only change the settings of that sample within the Pad instead of all the samples within the pad. So just select the sample, tweak some buttons and when you select another sample on the same pad you'll see the the tweaks you made won't affect the other samples :) I find That really usefull instead of having to have 3 midi notes for my kick sound, I just have one and tweak it inside Groove Agent SE.

Vari Audio

Variaudio shortcuts - by trashdinner

[tab] to switch between segment and pitch modes.
Hold [ctrl] while moving a note to snap to pitch.
Hold [shift] while moving a note to move it freely.

Editing of M/S - Recordings - by marQs

If recording i.e. a vocalist with M/S technique (to get that little air around) which I often do, record it to a stereo track (M = left/S = right) instead of two individual tracks. Mix6To2 or Voxengo MSED get you decoded in a second.

That way you can apply i.e. VariAudio + Warp to both channels while avoiding phase issues.

Works exactly the same if you track a DI guitar + an amp, up to 6 channels, see Rhino's tip on multitrack wave editing here http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=49327#p301663

Video

Video Scrubbing - by Carlo

Very nice for film-scoring if you play back a movie on a computer screen: Click directly in the Video Player window and drag the mouse left or right...

Toggle Full Screen Video - by BFred

Double-click anywhere in the video window to toggle full screen mode.

General

Resize Tool box (Arrange Window) - by Soul Burn

If you press right-click to open the tools menu and hold it pressed for about 5 seconds (it feels long), you can resize the shape of the toolbox. This lets you get to your tools with a shorter movement of the mouse.

Scissor Trick - by Bonso

Scissor Tool : alt/click when slicing an event divides the whole event into equal length sections.

Reverse Locators to skip section - by Rotund

If you just want to cut a section of a song, but want to hear the result first.
Simply engage cycle, then set your left locator to the end of the section to be cut.
Then set your right locator to the beginning of the section to be cut.
Yea, backwards.
Now playback from a point before the right locator.
The song will skip over the section enclosed in the markers.

Got something to share? Post your tips and ideas in this thread and I'll add them when I can.
by Paul Coyle
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big +1

its way too slow and frustrating right now switching modes with Tab and trying to catch the bottom line of a segment to popup the scissors just for splitting !

Variaudio needs some redesign in terms of speed workflow, and also repitching by defined musical scale for quicker tuning off scale notes.
by mozizo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"floating" inspector bar, PT style ;)

make it allways on top and will automaticaly scroll during selecting track

http://www.gifti.me/i/b9qAm.jpg
by Tomek
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This one gets my vote.

I often find myself grabbing for the alt-key just to realize it doesn't work like that in VariAudio.
by Pixie
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally, I've been able to do some Mac loading time tests on v7.5.

Here are the old results from using 7.0.6 in OSX 10.9 ( redid the test in 10.9.1, just to be on the safe side, but it made no difference):
180 track instruments of padshop: 2 min 39 sec.
180 track only (no plug-ins): 7 sec

These are the results from using 7.5 in OSX 10.9.1
180 track instruments of padshop: 18 min
180 track only (no plug-ins): 7 sec

Opening the file, saved in v7.5, in 7.0.6, again took approximately 2.5 minutes.
Opening the file, saved in v7.5, in 7.5, again took approximately 18 minutes.

Watching the counter in the new VST Rack, it is clear that the loading times get progressively longer the more instances gets loaded. My finger wasn't fast enough to time the first instance, but the 180th took about 15 seconds.

These results tells me that:
a) The problem is not platform specific.
b) The problem is caused by the number of plug-in instances, not by the number of tracks themselves.

My opinion is that is has something to do with the way Cubase handles plug-ins after the merger of Instrument Tracks and the VST Instruments Rack.

I also took a look at the file sizes. The original test file (with PadShop) was 6.8MB. After saving it in v7.5, it grow to 11.8MB. That's a significant increase in size, but nowhere near the 10 times mushrooming that has been reported by other (Windows) users. The fact that my test file was "clean" (i.e. it only contained pointers to PadShop instances. No MIDI data or pointers to audio files.) may have had something to do with the results.

The interesting thing, though, is that, when I opened the 11.8MB project in v7.0.6 and saved it again, it shrank back down to 6.9MB! One must wonder what v7.5 puts in those project files.

Let's hope Steiney figures this out sooner, rather than later.

EDIT:
Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but...didn't we have the same problem with mushrooming file sizes a number of years ago? Was it with v5 or v6?
by Svenne
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macro for bouncing without any processing from the main-

I did not suceed muting the selected event object with this recipe. I had to add a macro (with just mute object events) in one of the PLE Insctructions to make it suceed. Do you mind tellling me where is the instruction to mute the event? at least for me to learn a bit.

Thank you
by estrica2000
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Automation Point Click Behaviour

When you click on an automation line, it creates a new 'point', but then if you immediately drag that point it drags everything left and right up and down. So much of the time I have to make -two- automation points to get anything done. (Actually, more often -4- to 'protect' the rest of the track from my changes.)

As is often the case, Adobe Premiere and AE have a neat-o solution. When you click to create an automation point and then (while still holding the mouse down) drag to the RIGHT of the automation point, everything to the right goes up or down. And if you click to the LEFT everything preceding the point goes up/down.

There should be a Preference to mimic this behaviour. It's incredibly handy.
by suntower
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase vs Task Manager CPU usage don't match

They're not showing the same thing!
Search for CPU Usage in the forum e.g. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=53823&hilit=CPU+usage
;)
by BriHar
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Change--> Mono Track to a Stereo Track on a fly!

Change--> Mono Track to a Stereo Track on a fly!

Just press on the "mono symbol-icon" on the track and it change from mono to stereo on a fly. (also work from Stereo to mono) That would be great especially working with audio tracks.

How many time have you needed to add a second new "Stereo Audio-track" to be able to run thru the "mono audio" thru a stereo plugin? ;)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 7.5 / 8 - 'Unlimited' Inserts

With the introduction of the mix console, its scaleability and the perceived change in its architecture .

do you think...

we will EVER see the introduction on a possible higher insert count that can take advantage of faster CPU's ?

:?:
by Majic
Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop adding exporting audio to the bottom of an arrangement

It should go under the current track, 90% of the time I have to drag the new track up 30-40 tracks to where I want it, very boring!
by ControlX2012
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NEW VST INSTRUMENT RACK GUI IS MASSIVE!!

I need to rant before I explode. I haven't tried the 7.5 version of Cubase yet but from watching videos I get the gist.

Am I the only one who used the VST instrument rack lol?? and everyone else just use instrument tracks???...doubt it.

Since 7.5 was released now everyone's talking "hey did you know there is now a way to use multi-timbrel instruments in Cubase 7.5!" see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr0zmMs327I (see from 1:02)

The reason this annoys me because the change to the vst instrument rack is going TOOO FAAAR! And everyone loves it.

Steinberg keeps messing with my workflow. I never used instrument tracks as I always used multiple midi tracks to control VST instruments. I always had the VST instrument rack in the corner. It was small and an extremely practical way to quickly access the VST instruments I was using. I just flash my mouse over and quickly open the instrument I wanted to use.

Now with the change in 7.5 the individual instances of VST in the rack are MASSIVE. I haven't seen any examples of serious downsizing. With the instruments open within the rack, vertically, each VST takes up at least 5-6 times the space. The changes made are fine if you could customize the rack to be the way it was before if that's how you liked to work. Why not? Why is it always the case of developers making changes but never having an option to have the previous setup?

Anyway having the very small VST instrument rack in the corner of my work-space was a very critical part of my workflow. When I have lots and lots of VST instruments loaded, navigating on the project page to open the needed VST GUI takes too long. With the VST rack open all the time its just a click away. But the new GUI of the rack and its ridiculous size taking up far to much space, its just not practical. I know you can re-size it narrower but look..space is at a premium and it is far larger than before.

The fact that I have not found anyone else with this way of working means that I'm in the minority. So I am forever doomed to this new horrible rack. I can either stay on version 7.0 forever or find another DAW. (serious Cubase fan here!!!).

I'm sorry for the rant but I honestly feel hysterically concerned that this may be a permanent change in the GUI of the rack. Opinions?
by etienne5777
Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Track Archive (improve function)

I am a film composer and I spend a lot of time transferring midi and audio regions and tracks from one session to another and the best way I have found to do that is "Export Selected Tracks" from session A and then "Import Track Archive" into session B (why it isn't called "Export Track Archive" is beyond me). The only problem with this method is that when I import the track archive into session B, the track archive remembers it's old "Project Start" time and then it proceeds to change the project start of session B. The solution I have found is to edit the XML file that cubase makes. In the XML code you can delete the "Project Start" data and then when you import into session B it won't mess anything up (I have attached a screenshot of what "Import Track Archive" looks like after you edit the XML).

Anyway, isn't this a little ridiculous that I have even had to learn how to edit an XML file in order for "Track Archives" to work? Can't we get a button on the import track archive window that says "ignore track archive project start"? Or is there a better way that you all know of to transfer tracks (and all their settings and data) between sessions. So that is my feature request... a "Ignore Track Archive Project Start Time" button.

Thanks!!

import track archive parr.png
by cbdmusic
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Macros Macros and more Macros

Hi Steinberg et all,

It would be nice if the Macro creation process and functionality had an overhaul. Here are a few suggestions:

Basic suggestions:
- Once Show Macros has been clicked, it should remain visible each time one opens the Key Commands window until the user chooses to hide the Macro window.
- The window should be fully resizeable (With scroll bars and all other modern amenities).
- Duplicate Macro function to quickly create a variation on an existing Macro
- Import/Export single or all macros to share with others or to bring to other studios. (The same goes for the Key Commands!)

It would be nice if the Project Logical Editor (PLE) and Macro system had some extra functionality to do more complex and "advanced" functions. For instance:

- 10 (?) global separate counters that can be incremented or decreased with simple math functions like ADD, SUBSTRACT, SUM, MULTIPLY, DIVIDE, SET to "other_counter/value of COUNT/other values", SET to ZERO, EVEN ODD, FIRST, LAST
- COUNT function in PLE to count number of events
- In the PLE, the Position action should be able to divide/multiple not only to absolute values (like it does now) but also to values relative to the first selected event when multiple events are selected. (So for instance you can select a bunch of clips, halve their lengths and then halve their position relative to the first clip. Like that you could form instance select 8 consecutive 1 bar clips, half their lengths and move them all up so that they are again consecutive with no spacing).

That's all for now. Thanks for considering this.

Alistair
by UnderTow
Fri May 23, 2014 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic