Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

2) Did anyone confirm if 7.5 is compatible out of the gate with OSX 10.9 Mavericks? Or will we still need to run that extra little utility that Steinberg posted?
Product page says OS X 10.8/10.9 compatible:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/specs_downloads.html

4) Has there been a bugfix list released yet?
No. Steinberg support has said it may be posted upon 7.5's release.
by orchetect
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.5 silly mistake with maverick

make sure you remember to UNCHECK The 32 bit mode if you on mac with Maverick ... i forgot to and it took me 5 hours to work out WHY my songs wouldn't load
by abyss
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mac Users Cubase 7.5 Performance?

7.5 is more stable here at lower latency.
Also 7.5 ASIO-Guard works as expected on my old iMac (7.0.6 ASIO-Guard was unusable).
As state by advanced-audiowaves.com ASIO-Guard became sample accurate on 7.5.
by aas
Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7, Mavericks, MR816X

Hello,

But... maybe I am wrong but this has always been like that, If I am not wrong I had this on Windows 7 as well.
Anyhow, a new driver for the MR for Mac to offer Mavericks compatibility is on its way.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7, Mavericks, MR816X

Hello all,

Today we have uploaded the new Tools for the MR816 for official compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Please find the downloads on the regular download page:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... mr816.html

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!!
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :!:

Overall, I must say Cubase 7 has been one of the best DAWs I have ever worked with thru all the years. And now, the new Cubase 7.5 hasn't exactly made it any worse. ;) :D

Extremely stable DAW on PC Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Never ever crashed once!!!
I has never been so amazed over a DAW... ever. Cubase comes with so many great functions too!

I love the new scalable MIXER-view and new Control-room, new Track EQ with analyzer, just the "Meter section" alone cost more then Cubase 7. Meters like K-14, K-12, K-20, EBU-scale, DIN-scale etc.
Add of own ICONS add of own color customization is a wanted feature for years from many users and especially from me. "Dark arrange background". ;)

And the new hide channels visibility tabs in both track view and mixer view, nested maps, setup Mixer and arrangement configuration, latency compensation with external hardware is one of the great feature that actually work too and that I use daily in the studio. Some DAWs have it too but trust me, its not working properly as like in Cubase. After 2 or 3 of inserted hardware's you get latency problems. I have 4-6 hardware's in the loop all the time like hardware effects, hardware compressors and hardware synths etc. integrated in Cubase 7 and there are no extra latency problems and non stability issues. Cubase 7 take care of external hardware's perfectly, its just sweet! :)

The new instrument track in C7.5 is a right new direction and it work with multi VSTI's too even though you can take it even further and evolve the functionality. Be able to save and use "Quick controls" is one functions I use a lot. Cubase vast support of integrated with hardware controllers like CMC-controllers, AVID Artist series, Yamaha 02R96V2, SSL, NEVE etc. are great and a essential feature that work with Cubase 7 and Nuendo.

The new VST Connect are a another great feature that I use almost daily. I can go on...and on.... what can I say more then...WOW! :D ;)

Cubase 7.5 are a amazing product! :)

I have vast long experience thru the years with DAWs etc.. since the late 80ths. I have worked even with hardware sequencers "back and in the days" and with Cubase on Atari. I have also worked with Pro Tools HD, Logic PRO, SONAR X-series, Digital Performance and Samplitude. I can tell you, I have never been working with a more stable DAW then Cubase 7 x64 and Cubase 7.5 x64.

Thank you Steinberg and all the team and programmers that are behind this Premium product. Cubase 7.5 is the "real deal" and a Premium quality - "World class" product!!!

Merry Christmas to you all! :)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

uarte, forget about the rantings of religious fanatics like papi61. They are impossible to convince. No matter what arguments are put forth. The best way to deal with them is if everyone chose to ignore them. They thrive on siring up controversy, and have no interest what so ever to contribute anything valuable.

It was nice to finally see someone putting forth a sensible argument regarding the "platform war". I agree with just about everything you said. I do believe you are wrong in one case though:

Performance is of course better on Windows
This is definitely untrue. Case in point, I recently did a series of test regarding the excruciatingly long loading times of projects with lots of VSTi's and mushrooming file sizes when saving, in CB7.5. All the reports were from Windows users and when I did the tests on my Mac, I got the flowing results.
Loading times:
The loading times are same on Windows and OSX. Neither performs better than the other.
File sizes:
The file sizes doubled. Nowhere near the 10x+ mushrooming reported by several Windows users. So, with this test OSX performed better than Windows.

This doesn't say that much in the whole scheme of things. If you were to make a thousand tests, you'd find that Windows outperforms OSX in some and that OSX outperforms Windows in others. None of this matter anyway.

The only thing that matters is how fast and easy you can work, and that has very little to with numbers and everything to do with what you feel comfortable using! Personally, if I'm forced to work in Windows, a task can take 3 to 4 (or even longer) times to perform compared to when I'm working in OSX. When I working in OSX, I feel that I'm working with the computer and in Windows, against the computer. That is simply because I'm used to OSX. I have friends that have the opposite view, but we still get along just fine.

So, to all you fanatics out there: Use the platform you feel comfortable with and don't bother your pretty little heads about what others are using. That's none of your business!

Why waste time ranting about something so useless, when you could use the time to make some good music instead. Or have you bought Cubase/Nuendo/WaveLab for some other reason?
by Svenne
Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: best duel xeon configuration for cubase 7.5

FWIW Steinberg inform me that there is no limit to the number of cores Cubase can use. In theory if you build a dual-12 core system, Cubase will see all 24 cores (48 cores with hyperthreading) and use all of them. Whether that will deliver the best performance is perhaps debatable, but word from the horses mouth is there are no limits, and apparently this has been the case since around Cubase 5.
by Trailerman
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic