Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Ruler (min:sec) Start at left locator

You can add an offset for the seconds ruler in Project Setup, but there's no way specifically to have the left locator be (and remain) at 0:00.

(edit- Buchanan posted while I was typing - didn't see his post till mine was done)
by SteveInChicago
Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GET VIRTUAL GUITARIST 3

STEINBERG ! GO FOR THE VG3... PEOPLE ARE DYING FOR IT IN THE FORUMS ALL OVER THE WORLD HEAR THEIR VOICE !!!
by anticipation
Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 8 is (no longer) a pain to work with

After the short honeymoon, I've now been working with Cubase Pro 8 for several weeks, I have to say it's very painful.

- Key editor scrolling/zooming focus: when I'm editing in the piano roll/key editor the zooming and scrolling functions stop working until I click in the key editor area. For instance, I'm used to zoom in and out horizontaly with ctrl + mouse wheel. When I select some midi notes, I adjust the velocity using ctrl + shift + dragging the mouse up or down. After that I won't be able to zoom in and out again using ctrl+wheel or scrolling until I click in the key editor area, thus loosing the note selection. It's very time consuming to have to select the notes again to continue editing them. I have found other situations where scrolling horizontally or zooming is unresponsive until I click in the project area or the key editor area to 'activate' focus again.

-Always on top: I have deselected always on top in the preferences menu, yet cubase keeps opening plugins with always on top selected, leading to all kinds of display bugs (dialog boxes hidden behind the plugin and unaccessible, cubase beeing unresponsive until I deselect "always on top" in the plugin again and so on). And of course the plugin desappearing behind the mixer. This window management is not sorted out, yet it has been advertised as an improvement in CP8 commercial, in fact it's the complete opposite and I find it worst than Cubase 7.5.

I hope steinberg will fix these scrolling/zooming glitches and this window management/always on top failure otherwise CP8 workflow will be a downgrade from C7.5.
by patcub
Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Declutter/Clarify Mix Console Channel Selection Hitarea

I seem to always not select the channel, first time. I click on the "wrong thing."

I click on the Stereo/Quadro number area (why is this not a valid hitarea?)

Or I click on the Color Selector.

An Alt key for the Color Selector not only seems like a good idea to help solve this issue, but it's consistent with how the Arrange Window works.

Or I click in the Fader area, forgetting that for some reason it doesn't select the channel either, but instead moves the fader (with no Undo!), even though the fader, itself, wasn't clicked on.

The only other valid place to click is the Meters. Maybe it's just my brain, but I seem to have an aversion to clicking on them. Maybe because, when I do, there is a visual flicker that doesn't happen when clicking on the Channel Title for selection.

Bottomline: I don't feel like there is ever a correct area to select the channel. I always seem to have to think about it. And when I don't (brain focused on music) I often click in the wrong areas.
by Jalcide
Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: unclutter the mixer please

Don't you like the, No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect No Effect and the
No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send No Send on hovering (or just moving) the mouse across the mixer? :lol:

Neither do I ;)

A big +1 from me.
by Carvin
Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cant import m4a audio

It doesn't import, sadly. You have to convert.
by enjneer
Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic