Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Newbee to Cubase

Come on guys........ Nobody running Mac 10.9 with Cubase 7 ?

Aloha F,

There are some users doing this with various amounts of
'anecdotal' success.
(a quick search will reveal some info on this)

Tho' Steiny does recommend not using Cubase 7 with Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks,
many of these reports/posts have been on the positive side.

Existing probs seem to be with 3rd party stuff (drivers etc)

Still waiting for the 'all clear' (on 3 fronts) here as well.

YVVM
{'-'}
by curteye
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Newbee to Cubase

It appears most problems are with audio interface drivers. Check if someone somewhere has tried your MOTU interface on Maverick already.
by Strophoid
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Cubase 7

Solved...... I fix it by checking the Asio Latency Compensation on the track. In the preference Record-Midi i put a check in Asio Latency Compensation Active by Default.

Your not configured correctly .... you have just stuck a band aid on the problem is all you have done ...
goto the your devices menu then Devices setup then under VST AUDIO SYSTEM and adjust the Sound card Driver and in the submenu the Latency ... you will need to tweak the latency down to a small value but don't go to low as your system will start dropping out ... tip watch your performance meter as you tweak it if you aim for the first 1/3 of the meter you should be ok and don't forget to remove the constrain delay compensation hope that solves your issue
by dazzmusic2000
Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need a Christmas Present.....

I'm thinking about getting Cubase 7, I have a 10.9 Mac Pro, Motu UltraliteMk3 audio interface, studio Logic VMK176plus and Maschine 2.0. I want to know if any of you guys have a major problems with it.

Any help will be Appreciated.

Aloha F,
There are a number of posts like this one. Hope it helps.
( there are a few more if you do a search )

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=50062
{'-'}
by curteye
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2 released

If you have Cubase 7 can you add HALon 5 to your current eLicense ?
If you are talking about the USB eLicenser (the dongle), yes. Not on the software eLicenser, however.
HTH
J.L.

Ok, so I don't need to use the USB eLicenser that comes with HALion 5, I can add the software to the one I'm running with Cubase 7 ?
I don't think HALion comes with a licenser but one is required. But, yes, you can put both licenses on one dongle. The specs for HALion say "USB eLicenser required (not included)."
HTH
J.L.
by jaslan
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Brought Cubase 7 this month, so I get the free upgrade to 7.5..... I was thinking about Halion 5, but wondering if I get it and a upgrade will cost me on a couple of months. Since I have NI Maschine 2.0 should I get the crossgrade KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE 50% off for $374.99 ?

Yeah, you won't regret it, defiantly not at that price !
by megacon
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Question

It is a MIDI scratch pad. You can record MIDI and save it. It is only in the standalone version. You can also load MIDI phrases if you wanted to audition different programs with a MIDI phrase.
HTH
J.L.
by jaslan
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Question

In your opinion, is Halion 5 better than KONTAKT 5. Just trying to make up my mind about getting Komplete 9. How doesn't perform in Cubase compared to Halion 5.
Very difficult to answer ...

Kontakt integration into Cubase leaves a lot to be desired. No expression map support, clunky drag/drop support etc...

On the other hand Kontakt 3rd party library support is unrivaled. It has a very deep scripting engine, and a lot of editing functions that are amazing ... if you can stand to use that interface.

Halion is in many ways cumbersome and convoluted to get used to, but as a sound creation tool I think it is unmatched. As a sample library player ... eh maybe not. Plus Halion is not a great tool for creating 3rd party libraries. The Borgz seem to want to control that. So, it doesn't look like it will ever get in the game for that purpose with Kontakt.

I have both and find myself using H5 in nearly every project. But, I like to do custom sounds, not library playback. Plus I use VSL for orchestra. And the combination of HSO and VSL removes another reason to load up Kontakt.

So basically, if 3rd party library support is important to you, I'd go Kontakt hands down. Other than that, it is a tough call.
by JMCecil
Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 update or reinstall ?

As with 5.5 and 6.5, it's a new and independent application, but it uses the same preferences and plug folders as version 7 (including the links to your own, if any), so you won't have to reinstall anything. You don't even have to delete 7.0.x.

In my case, I installed C6 and all updates after that, then I installed 6.5 and the installer didn't create a new folder, instead, Cubase 6 became 6.5 (version 6 was overwritten).

Of course, 6.5 was downloaded as an update, not as full DVD installers.

I think that If I have C7 already installed and then I download the update to 7.5, C7 will be replaced by C7.5. Also, the download size should not be as big as it could be for a new fresh C7.5 install.

I guess Helge was referring to the full Box or Download install, not the update from 7 to 7.5 per se.
by willynanita
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You should only use the ISO if want to install from scratch. There is no reason to let it install into an existing Cubase 7 folder. Regularly installed content will be detected of course.
by Ed Doll
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can install Cubase 7.5 directly as the essential part will be covered. Additional stuff like videos and external content is not part of the updater but again, it's not essential. If you want everything, go for the ISO image.
by Ed Doll
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC-PD and Midi Output in Cubase7.5

It is a long standing complaint for all CMC. They have an annoying implementation of part of the MIDI spec. It is "working as designed". Either ignore it or throw the CMC in the trash.
by JMCecil
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tutorials for Halion 5 ?

http://www.groove3.com/str/steinberg-training-videos/

Halion 4 - Getting Started
Halion 5 - From scratch to patch

Pretty basic, but enough to get you started.

Peter.

Edit : oops, I saw you were looking for free tutorials, sorry! :oops:
by Pschelfh
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tutorials for Halion 5 ?

Don't forget, The pdf User Manual is Free :lol:
by Muziksculp
Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic