Search found 30 matches

Return

Moving MIDI Notes

Hi,

When I click and drag MIDI notes they are moved to what appears to be a quantize value or part thereof.

Can we instead move notes up and down the piano display without moving from side to side?

Most annoying for a newly minted composer of music such as myself.
by forthwith
Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CUbase 7.5…when?

Headlands wrote:Oh -- my bad!


In this case, maybe you could also post a screenshot as well :)
by forthwith
Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

DJ's have a place in modern contemporary (classical) music, as a visual feature or backdrop to a genuine musical performance.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:52 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I JUST BOUGHT CUBASE 7!

rattleshock wrote:Nonetheless, I was very pleased at how seamless the install and subsequent upgrade went.


And so you should be, the Syncrosoft protection platform adds value to Steinberg (and 3rd party) apps.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Freddie, what about the mixer? Is it even usable at a basic level?
by forthwith
Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Projects will always degrade gracefully, providing there are no bugs in the code.
by forthwith
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

If you're just composing, then there's no problem upgrading your projects or if you are familiar with the project structure of Cubase, it is not a worry.
by forthwith
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

I use the "MIXER 2" or "MIXER 3" as my main mixer. ;) That solves the most problems you will ever encounter regarding Mixer problems/bugs. I don't know why "MIXER 1" "F3" has all the issues or had the most issues, when the rest of the mixers worked fine? To work around it, use MIXER 2 or MIXER 3. Obviously, it is due to the fact of new programming.
by forthwith
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

forthwith wrote:Obviously, it is due to the fact of new programming.


Freddie H wrote:I'm sure MIXER 1 work fine now with 7.0.6 and 7.5 but I just continue use MIXER 2 because of this.


You seem to have a great amount to type, so could you therefore perform a test for the benefit of the forum?
by forthwith
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply


You seem to have a great amount to type, so could you therefore perform a test for the benefit of the forum?

That's not very nice. Freddie is a very enthusiastic guy who makes valuable contributions to this forum .

Thanks and dido!

How about it it Freddie. are you up to it by now?

Does mixer 1 work as expected or not?
by forthwith
Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:37 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

it still has to have focus to use many mixconsole keycommands.


Just to take one of those points, this would be a candidate topic for extreme railing would it not?
by forthwith
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

it still doesn't keep z-Order correct for plugins.


This would definitely be another (topic for keeping up the pressure), would it not?
by forthwith
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

The random resets are understandable with new code but if SB cannot fix this, then it must be considered to protest at SB door.
by forthwith
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:53 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Instead of complaining here in this thread, why don't you tryout the MIXER 2 and MIXER 3 yourself instead.

Not complaining, nor am I asking for a workaround.

I am asking for the issues to be fixed, and I'm sure nearly all other users of the program would agree.

I see you are already boosting your post count by quoting twice.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:32 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

@ Freddie,

Z-order has nothing to do with plug-in organisation (another pet hate in this forum).
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Freddie H wrote:I just re-open this as new account. I would be "Grand Senior Member" by now...but who is counting..


There was once a very famous member (similar name to you) who said "rank is no rank on the SB board" and despised emoticons, the point being are you trying to *fake* his account?
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:51 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

I've never doubted your knowledge, but my question was really quite simple.

JMCecil provided some insight but even he fell short of explaining the complete situation with the mixer.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:41 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

JMCecil wrote:repro's have been done. And the majority acknowledged by the borgs.


Where is/are the acknowledgement(s) and have they guaranteed any fixes for specific issues related to the mixer and project page?
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

It seems very easy for the "Borgz" to escape scrutiny by going under the radar in this way.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:00 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Bugs will be ironed out over time and I will certainly enjoy the winter with the new fixings that came with C7.5.

How do you know that when SB won't even confirm (or deny) the existence of such issues as an indefinable project cursor, let alone manage expectations around mixer functionality?

Regarding your second point, what "fixes" were those?
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:18 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Freddie H wrote:
JMCecil wrote:
forthwith wrote:Does mixer 1 work as expected or not?
Work with it.. not against it! ;)


Work with bugs?

As much as they don't affect workflow maybe or use a lower version but the question remains, how will they be addressed and subsequently fixed.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Freddie H wrote:Why didn't you say that in plain English, instead of calling it Z-order?


Why, because that's exactly what it's called. 8-)
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:11 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Henceforth, i will play the devil's advocate, simply because there is no explainer. There is no problem with adding features; it is now embedded in the release and in .5 updates but we must now band together and make our problems known to Steinberg since it cannot be assumed that forum staff even use the program in any capacity let alone on a professional basis.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:50 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Loopmash is a plugin, not a feature.
by forthwith
Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

I'm still wondering how people qualify to be up to your esteemed status.
first you need an email address (preferably a freemail, in order to stop spam) then sign up. In the past you needed to have purchased an appropriate software application in order to post but now it appears to be open slather. Once in the forum try to be accomodating of varying points of view and *always* take on board moderators' directive(s).
by forthwith
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

ChrisW wrote:+1. No DAW is ever going to be perfect, but I can't think of a better one now for the MIDI composer (and I own Logic X and DP 8.


Forget the other "DAW's" for MIDI, nothing beats Cubase that's for sure.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:17 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

greggybud wrote:Many issues appear to be so simple to fix! Since there is a key command to open the history window, how hard would it be to create a key command, or use the same one to close it?....


if it was as simple as you infer, don't you think it would have been addressed already?
by forthwith
Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:11 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

I sent a request to support for this specific problem, but never heard back from Germany. In the past other requests have usually resulted in fixed issues in the next update. Even if it's not possible, a reply from Germany via my tech support request would be nice.

Were you aggressive in your correspondence?
by forthwith
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

greggybud wrote:Gibson bought Sonar so good luck there.


Gibson bought Sonar, for the same reason Roland did...

...because they can't get a look in with SB.

Is that the answer you were looking/hoping for *greggybud*?
by forthwith
Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:40 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

By the way, a thread doesn't have to be 'balanced' as, by their nature, each will tend to deal principally with the issue started by the OP, unless, someone with their own agenda, like yourself, acts disrespectfully and tries to make it about something else.

I never said or inferred that a "thread" must be balanced, on the contrary we must be realistic about how things, i.e. the software functions and there are still many shortcomings that must be addressed for the sake of the program going forward.

It was a major leap of faith on SB part to remake the mixer and commence an overhaul into the project page; this process started some time ago with the Mediabay and will in time pervade all aspects of the program until a modern UI is developed.

Personally, I am happy with the direction Steinberg is taking, my only concern is that there may not be enough time left in the current product cycle to iron out remaining bugs, inconsistencies and incompatibilities before the inevitable roll-out of the next whole-numbered version.
by forthwith
Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:42 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic