Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Moving MIDI Notes

Aloha f
Here is what I do:

1-Turn off 'snap'.(in the Menu Bar)
2-Select the note(s).
3-Use the arrow keys to move note(s) up or down.
and 'bob's yer uncle'.

{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preset loading issue

Hey there,

Any more updates on this? I think I have the same problem. VST instruments load fine in Media Bay, but won't load anything in the mini browser.
I've rescanned the folders where the instruments are contained using the 'locate content' method from right clicking Halion One's surface, but with no avail.
So frustrating.

Thanks.
by Lewis
Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

If the specs+documentation cannot be realised in the software, then, the software is not fit for purpose, and (again IMO) the marketing and documentation that gets published with the 'released software' should be amended detailing to consumers that the feature sets are not available.

That's a joke, right?

...I'm tired of shelling out the 49 (or whatever) euro every year, in the hope / belief that this will be the stable release, I keep seeing, all these glossy new iDEVICE apps, and new synths, and tools, and bits and pieces, but still not seeing a rock solid foundation and framework from SB.

Maybe you misinterpret the meaning of .5, it is for features not improvements.

..yep its a joke awright !
I do appreciate that the .5 release (in a release version control convention of x.y.z (where y=5 in our case), is meant for functional and feature enrichment. I have NO probs with what y=5 means, this is typical release branding notation, which I am VERY familiar with.

Isn't interesing that SB, have not called it "7.1.0" (and the same was done in 6.0 to 6.5, why did this not go to 6.1?)?? It encompases functional/feature enrichment, it should have been incremented up by only one minor branch release on the code-tree node.
Is moving to a midpoint [ .5 ] somehow supposed to qualm the user community, into a miss belief that this is nearly a major architectural upgrade [which btw imo seemed accurate to do b/w 6 and 7 release].

One could imagine and specualte at the market acceptance, if it was branded as 6.1 - and now 7.1 [which it should be versioned at this level - in my opinion], and the user-noise that would've probably resulted == and no doubt in my opinion, un noticed.

I do not have probs with SB releasing new version of 7.5 and feature enrichement, just pointing out that there are many issues still not working as they should be in the core 7.0.z branch of the software.

Looking at SB past patch (.z) release schedule, I could not see them releasing more than another two (at absolute best 3) patch itterations, taking 7.0.z to at best around 7.0.9. Looking at the payload of core issues, and what is delivered as part of the patch re-dress [in the patch release notes] , I am still not seeing a high yield ratio of corrections to apparent functional requirements that are not operating satisfactorily.

Sure, there are as other members have pointed out, other corrections that are addressed (and not often listed in the fix.release.notes {which as a developer myself, scares me a little}.

It is obvious [to me at least] to see and observe this in the reading of so many frustrated users on this
forum, = yes I too am one of 'em.
I have a long and extended history with using SB/Cubase, .. whilst I am not a massive post/contriubutor to this forum, and my tag reads with something line 'new member 2011', I have been using Cubase since 1.0 (ie prioir to it even moving to VST), not being nostalgic, just wanting stabilty, and functional requirements that work as prescribed out in the documentation.
by StefK
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Enable default VST Connections config on pref. delete

When I use the Control Room, I save that config as a preset and recall it after pref. delete, it works.
by Bacizone
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 feel cheated

Actually Cubase (X) to Cubase (X+Y) is an update, and Cubase Artist or Elements (X) to Cubase (X) is an upgrade, if we're using the terms the way SB uses them.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(UPDATED): Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.0.7 maint. update coming

Dear Cubase 7 users,

As we have done in the past, we will release a final free maintenance update to the previous major version of Cubase and Cubase Artist. Therefore I'm happy to announce the 7.0.7 maintenance update for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7, which will be released on February 4, 2014.

This update will see many of the issues resolved which were addressed during the Cubase 7.5 development cycle:

Global
• When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
• Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
• (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.

Project
• Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
• When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
• When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.

MixConsole
• The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
• Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
• Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
• Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
• The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
• Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
• When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase rerverse button is always visible.
• Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Plug-in
• The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
• Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
• (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
• Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.

Audio
• Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.

MIDI
• Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
• Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
• Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Score
• Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
• Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.

Hardware
• When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
• Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Does mixer 1 work as expected or not?
That would be a big NO ...
it still doesn't save properly with workspaces (zoom + config)
it still has to have focus to use many mixconsole keycommands
it still loses focus if you use functions of the mixconsole itself
Mute/Mono/Solo don't activate/deactivate all the time
QLink doesn't work properly when soloing/muting... (probably associated somehow with the direct mute/solo bug)
it still doesn't keep z-Order correct for plugins
it still corrupts randomly requiring a "reset" that requires you to reset everything
Mixer configurations corrupt randomly on recall
Mixer presets do really odd things to the mixconsole when loading (zoom, visibility)
and more ...

in other words ... NO
by JMCecil
Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest issues remaining with Cubase 7.5?

The big gotchas are in workflow and unfinished / buggy implementation of features, ymmnv here, I'm afraid. :cry:

This is exactly why we need to rail against the SB empire.

I tried Cubase 7 Elemnts Trial further and honestly this is my biggest gripe. Here are some points from a UI design perspective that I dislike (all of which stem from the MixConsole changes).

The inspector doesn't allow you to view inserts and sends at the same time (in the same way you can in the MixConsole). You lose a lot of height for ALL 8 inserts even if they are not used, the experience is totally different to the mixer. The inspector very much looks like Cubase 6 while the MixConsole looks like Cubase 7.
Buttons for record, monitor, mute, solo .etc are styled very differently in the arrange window vs the MixConsole.
I don't quite like the new mute, solo .etc buttons in the mixer. All 8 buttons on each track are hard to distinguish from one another from a distance. In the arrange page, the record button is round for example, there's some variation.
Fonts are inconsistent throughout the application. Check out the font for inserts in the inspector vs track names for instance.
The little hiding dots for performing tasks in the mixer are frustrating to use, definitely more difficult than Cubase 6.x and earlier.
Single click vs double click in the mixer is confusing. Single click to open a plugin interface, double click to expand a folder while browsing for plugins, single click and drag often leads to cases where you open the UI instead by mistake.

I really hope Steinberg hire a UI designer and spend a lot of time refining all these problems, which were all introduced with the new MixConsole. Cubase 6.5 is extremely consistent throughout and in being honest, the ONLY thing I was personally missing from the mixer was being able to see inserts and sends at the same time. None of the other improvements really appeal to me in the new mixer.

I've looked through the new features in v7 and v7.5 several times and have decided to stay put. None of my most wanted features were implemented unfortunately (bounce in place, warp on the arrange page, more powerful instrument tracks [the changes in 7.5 didn't improve the most important problems relating to combining MIDI / audio / instrument tracks for channels 3+ for multi-timbral instruments], better sampler integration [being able to include your external samples in the audio pool so the project is portable] and a few more).

I think I'll wait until v8 at this stage and just keep making music with 6.5 as I have for years :)
by fgimian
Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preset loading issue

In roaming and users/documents there are files that can cause problems - I haven't yet tracked down the specific one causing this to happen - but rest assured you are not alone ! Lots of people are having this issue

Yes - Halion Sonic SE IS better - but! - I like familiarity in my workflow.. And it's just. Ice to have Halion one there ipeven if I don't use it all the time! But I can install Halion one from my Cubase 6.5 disc and install all the content.. But if I right mouse HalionOne and click on "locate contents" I browse to the folder where the .hsb sound banks are and still nothing shows up...

Interesting too that in mediabay - HalionOne is not there.. I've tried deleting prefs (if any tech support guys suggests this one more time I'll go nuts!!) and tried all the usual things.. Nothing

Why do they make it so awkward to do things like this?

It would be nice as a rule for Cubase and ALL it's content to be in one single place - with the option to install content elsewhere - but HalionOne doesn't want to know..

I'll make this my mission to solve this for everybody - I'm on it!
by steveshred
Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: update problem with cubase 7.5

i will try a fresh install and keep you posted
by drmimouni
Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Computer Problems (Windows 8.1)

forthwith wrote:Does your audio device support MMCSS and ASIO 2.2?

If you are asking me, the device I am using on this computer is a Steinberg MR816csx.
by Elektrobolt
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I JUST BOUGHT CUBASE 7!

I actually wasn't aware of the free upgrade. I went into my local music store complaining "Why are you selling Cubase 7 for $499 CAN when I can buy 7.5 online for the same price?!". The sales guy informed me of the free upgrade. Nonetheless, I was very pleased at how seamless the install and subsequent upgrade went.
by rattleshock
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase 7 dont reed rewire!!

forthwith wrote:Open the slave program first.

Not so, first master, then slave. If you rewire Reason, first run Cubase, then Reason, then enable reason device inputs and rewire tracks will appear in Cubase. That's all there is to it.
by sonicstate
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic