Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: controller data

Your Snap is problaby set to On.
So, in Key Editor, make sure to set Snap On/Off to OFF. (the button has to be grey colored)

Hope this helps !
by vanhaze3000
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: controller data

Snap.jpg
See attached picture.
by vanhaze3000
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Reset EQ. Can't find it : Option + Click

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 00.01.37.png
Is this not available for you ??

(see attachment).

Works for me.

I am on C7.5, Mavericks 9.1
by vanhaze3000
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scrub MIDI in Key Editor?

Hi,

If you are on PC, hold down CTRL key while clicking 1 of the chord notes.
If you are on Mac, use the CMD key.

Hope this helped !

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 Voxengo Curve EQ no longer works?

I have no such problem.
I am on Cubase 7.5.1, OsX 10.9.1, latest version of CurveEQ.

Try trashing prefs of Cubase and Curve Eq.
Try deleting and re-installing CurveEQ.
by vanhaze3000
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Installing Elements 7 on a Macbook. Keeps crashing on st

Hi !

- Could you be more specific about what exactly you trashed from Melodyne ?
- Which version of Melodyne is this about ?
- Did you install the very latest version of Melodyne ?
- Are you using the latest version of Cubase Elements ?
by vanhaze3000
Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.1 Vs Logic X Pro Test on Mac

FYI:

Celemony is aware of the problems with Melodyne in Cubase.
They mailed me that they are looking into it. :)

Hope to see a fix soon for the Cubase crashing i get when deleting Melodyne from an Audiotrack.

I work with Cubase 7.5.1 - 64 bit, on OSX 10.9.2.

Hope to see some good (honest and real) performance comparisons between Cubase 7.5.1 - 64 bit and Logic X. :D

Best,

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please Hands down everybody for Steinberg.

Dear Steinberg,(and others who like reading this):

I just want to thank you big time for having created an astonishing DAW over the years.

I started in the mid-nineties working with Cubase VST on a Mac G3 OS9 and i remember the very first VST plugins like LM7
I was dazzled by which you could do with Cubase, just amazing.

But i am the kind of person that always wants to try out new/other musicsoftware, like having new toys.
Why ? Cause i am a child i guess :D

So i travelled in all those years from Cubase VST to Logic 7/8/9/Logic X, Live 2/3/4/5/6/7/9, Studio One, and Reason 4/5/6/7 (all on mac) and then, last year, i deciced to buy Cubase 7, cause it was new and me like new music software. :lol:

And OMG, i just fell in love again with Cubase, just like back in the days with Cubase VST.

You can pretty say i have "done" all major DAWS thoroughly (most of the time Logic and Live) and in my opinion, i have landed and will stay with Cubase, cause, well it's just a beautiful program with loads and loads of functionality that for me are just heaven and breathtaking.

The amazing looking GUI ,the Chordtrack, the Midi fx plugins, the Logical Editors, the Keycommands Editor, the Drum Editor, the incredible amount of editing features, the top sounding MPEX stretch algorythms (Ableton, eat your heart out !),the solid sounding soundengine (Ableton,eat your heart out!), Hitpoints, Variaudio , all this functionality just gives me the shivers.

I am learning my head off with watching Cubase tutorials till late in the night, having so much joy with getting the grips 100% of Cubase, it's my passion !
( btw: i highly recommend the tutorials from Holger Steinbrink from Tutorize.com , when you understand German language, cause you can hear in his voice that he's enjoying Cubase so much and his tuts are well made and so helpful)

One more thing:

Ofcourse I experience bugs, odd thangs and an occasional crash of Cubase.
Don't we all ?
But who give's a sh*t ?! :

NO DAW, and i mean NO DAW is perfect, believe me, "i have seen them all".

For me, Cubase is THE example of Deutsche Grundlichkeit. ;)

Dear Steinberg, keep up the amazing work you do !

Amen,

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Screwed up chord track

He just means your Cubase Project Folder, where your Cubase project file (.cpr file) lives in.
To "zip" a file is to compress it, so it shrinks in size and better protected against file coruption when transferring the file.

I am a Mac user but i think in Windows, if you ctrl-mouseclick on your Cubase Project Folder, you get a context menu where there is a compress (zip) function.

Hope this Helps !

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel Strip/EQ location question clarification?

Quote from OP:

"But if I move the Channel Strip to be Pre Insert instead of the default Post Insert, does the EQ Position go with it and become Pre Insert also? Or can I leave the EQ located after Insert 6 as is the default in the layout??"

Yes, the EQ will also become Pre Insert.

Mind you:

The order of the effects in the Channelstrip can always be altered to your preference in 2 ways:

1) In Project Page > Inspector> Strip Tab : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.
2) In Edit Channel Settings Window : drag the name of the effect you want to be re-ordered to the slot you want it to be in.

Hope this helps ! :D

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Don't know if my tip is already posted in this thread ( sorry, thread is just too long to read all).
But a way to delete a plugin from the Inserts pane in the Inspector in the Project window:

Just click the plugin and drag it out of the slot: It will be deleted from the Insert Slot !! :D
I can't remember from which person i got this info but i really want to thank him and i assume this workflow is faster than
opening the plugin choose window and choose "no plugin" 8-)
How simple and nice can things be ... yikes !
by vanhaze3000
Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I am on mac 10.9.2;

Cubase still crashes for me when i open the Hub.
So Hub is still unusable for several updates now.
Again, have to remove the hubservice.bundle within Cubase.

Typical Cubase-mac bug which is still not solved ; bummer. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
by vanhaze3000
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

So no upgrade or discount price for Cubase 7 users who who have Groove Agent 4 SE ?
How lame. :twisted:
by vanhaze3000
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic