Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: best duel xeon configuration for cubase 7.5

FWIW Steinberg inform me that there is no limit to the number of cores Cubase can use. In theory if you build a dual-12 core system, Cubase will see all 24 cores (48 cores with hyperthreading) and use all of them. Whether that will deliver the best performance is perhaps debatable, but word from the horses mouth is there are no limits, and apparently this has been the case since around Cubase 5.
by Trailerman
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

FWIW, as a new convert to Cubase (from Logic) and potential Nuendo user (just as soon as 6.5 comes out), I find it pretty refreshing that these kind of discussions can even take place with genuine developers and their representatives. Try having open discourse with Apple devs on Logic, or even Avid regarding ProTools (both products I've used for upwards of 10 years) and you'll get nowhere unless you raise a support case - something you usually have to pay for.

No developer will please everyone all the time, but the fact that they appear here and make honest contributions in public space is a major credit to Steinberg.

[fan mode off]

Jules
by Trailerman
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 error win7x64 "opening error" "aero theme" etc.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the Aero haters here: I always use Classic on my studio systems, because Aero makes fonts look crap.

Happy to use a compromise of Aero with some hacks, once somebody figures out how, but plain Aero is a step backwards visually. Slightly regretting my C8 upgrade and will most likely continue with Nuendo 6.5 until this gets sorted out.

Jules
by Trailerman
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic