Search found 17 matches

Return

Automation suggestion - Do you agree?

Yes +1.

Coming from logic. With logic you can use the marquee tool (equivalent to the range tool in cubase) select a range on the automation lane and drag in the desired direction. It will create 4 points automatically.
by sambosun
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8: VST Sandboxing (poll)

Can you say more about sandboxing?
Is sandboxing the solution?
I don't know nothing about sandboxing....

Aloha l,

'Sandboxing' is a term currently use by Apple to describe apps
first used on mobile devices (and now on lap/desktops as well) in one of three categories.

1 -Apps purchased from any source. —>Not very secure.
2-3rd party apps bought outside the App Store but 'signed off' in some way by Apple. —>Somewhat secure.
3- Apps bought only in the App Store. —The most secure.

Apps in the sandbox cannot 'talk' to each other (sandboxed) so less threat of mischief
and are by definition 'more secure'.
Another benefit would be if one app goes down the others (and the host machine) remain running.

I guess if you took this analogy to Cubase; if a 3rd party plug crashed,
Cubase and other plugs would keep running.

Nice thought Babak.

My prob is that with the way I work (and other than in a live situation) if a plug failed on me,
I would stop Cubase and fix things anyway.
I could careless if Cubase kept right on running. In that scenario, I could not use it at all.
YMMV

Nice idea tho'
{'-'}
by curteye
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8: VST Sandboxing (poll)

"Sandboxing" existed long before Apple apps, even predates handheld technology altogether. It came to 'popular' usage in regard to virus and malware protection schemes, but was in use even long before that in program and subroutine testing procedures.
Please don't add to the growing illusion that this is another new Apple technology. Fodder for the sheeple.
by BriHar
Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

leroo wrote:Hi bjones,
What's wrong with the video engine?

Rather than drag it up here, your welcome to read the post about it. It seems specific to my machine though and I am in the middle of working through it with SB directly.

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=56530
by bjones306
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

leroo wrote:I got more crash on quit with 7.5.2. It seems to be related to the way cubase ask to save before quitting even if I've just saved the project. Now, it crash on quit instead of asking to save.
No one can help you if you don't post your specs...

:geek:
by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Hello,

The video out bug is still here. I've been reporting it for a year now. Awful

The problem with this "bug", is that it is not consistent across all systems, some have it and some don't.
It happens to me sometimes but only when I have left Cubase idle for a couple of hours, then I save the project and close Cubase.
Still we are making some tests and unfortunately we haven't figured out what is causing it.
First we need to know what causes it and then we can fix it.
Do you have a step by step guide to reproduce it?

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring Back old Auto Q Behaviour

The Transport Panel is supposed to be an 'at a glance' panel for visualising lots of useful info. It's also the go-to tool where you are able to quickly interact with Cubase for common transport tasks, such as Play, Record, navigating markers, turning Quantize on and off, etc.

Why then, is Auto Q now buried under 'New Parts' on the panel, when previously it was a simple button that you could toggle with one click?

Cubase 7.0.x panel:

http://i.imgur.com/XiAOnSK.png

Note the clearly labelled 'Auto Q' on the left hand side. If you want Auto Q on or off, you simply click it once. Easy.

Look at the 7.5.20 panel:

http://i.imgur.com/lPtlacb.png

Time to turn on Auto Q! Wait a minute... where is it...? It's... gone?

Let's look in the operation manual:

http://i.imgur.com/ZtdW4Om.png

Um.. what 'Auto Q' button..? At least there is a reference to Auto Q which is promising, but neglects to mention where it might have been hidden. This is the only place in the manual that the string 'Auto Q' appears. Page 134 does not mention how to enable or disable Auto Q. In fact it doesn't even mention it at all.

Let's click around on the panel - oh look - there is it - buried under the word 'New Parts' which appears to be some form of menu, even though it does not use any known GUI convention for a menu.

http://i.imgur.com/jcNQGPx.png

Considering this is something I need to toggle on and off instantly, and see easily if it's enabled, burying this under something that doesn't even look like it's supposed to be a menu is just ... annoying.
by Fitz
Mon May 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Issue] Unfreeze and still freezed

Hi,

I notice a problem with freez function:

1. Create empty project
2. Add an instrument track (Omnisphere, Halion Sonic SE, etc.) and write some midi notes
3. Freeze that track
4. Unfreeze it
-> Result = you can't move events; can't edit midi data on that track. It still behavior like freezed track.

Anyone ?

Cubase 7.5.2 (64 bit), Windows 7 Pro (64 bit).
by serenity
Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [R-6259]Mixdown out of sync when using Elastique algorit

Hello all,

There where so many duplicated reports about this issue linked to each other that it took me a couple of hours to find the father of them all.

We have a developer ready to work on this, but this is a pretty complex fix.
It has to be discuss together with Zplane as it seems there is also work on their side that needs to be done.
This is a huge task, we are ready to work on it but it can only be performed once Zplane delivers something new to us.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [R-12606]CB 7.5 unexpedendtly quits when removing plug-i

Just a quick follow-up, as what I posted above is old information.

The issue has been reproduced in-house and a solution has been implemented already.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: F4/Routing Presets are Unloaded when window is closed

Hello,

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this, It works as expected.

Best regards,
GN

Thank you for checking, Guillermo.

Can you clarify please - as I'm not saying the actual connections have changed, but on my system the name in the little window is blank ...

Are you saying when you do my repro, the "Presets" field retains the name in it?

I now see what you mean, it works as expected except it will not show the name in the box.
The connections will stay as you left them but the name will not be shown.

Best regards,
GN

Thank you, Guillermo.
(I fixed your reply by adding the word in red ;-) . )

Could you ask the programmers please to look at fixing this so the name stays in the "Presets" field, which would be expected?

Thank you!
by alexis
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control Room Volume with controller

Hi Leroo

Yes it can be controlled with the CMC AI knob, I don't use it for that very much but it does work

Best Regards

Dave
by DaveAbbott
Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

User defined beat values: Grid,Compound time,odd meter,Click

Please implement the facility to set the beat value ourselves, and to make grid be configurable for odd meters and compound time signatures.

As it stands if the sig is 11/16 the grid will be quarter, quarter dotted 8th, but the groove might not flow like that, and if I want to group it, say, 4, 3, 4, I am out of luck. Cubase just puts the grid lines at quarters and then truncates the measure. 11/16 yields 2 quarter notes and a dotted 8th; 12/16, 3 quarters; and 13/16 3 quarters plus a 16th note.

This is common in Greek, Balkan, Arabic, contemporary classical music, Flamenco (and many other musics)

What I want to be able to do is configure measures using values. e.g.: (4,3,4)/16 or (4,3)/8, or (4,3,3,4)/16

Can we please have customizable grids in the project window and editors?

This could also satisfy the lacking support for compound time signatures, see below https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=35036&p=239649#p239649
by SteveInChicago
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lanes

Example: You record and stack lead vocals. Those takes are stacked in lanes like in the video. You select the best sections with the comp tool. Those sections will play as one track even if you don't create a new track. But you have the option of creating a track from the sections you've selected with the comp tool. That's up to you. Cheers
by AP
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lanes

Exemple:

I imported 5 or 6 drum loop (4 or 8 long), and comp between theme to create a unique drum part.

Oh OK. Yeah, it'd be awesome to have that feature at the click of a button.

I've done similar things using folder tracks. I right click and add all loops to a new folder, and use the overview-clip in the Folder Track to slice and dice, by using splice tool on that clip. Then just use mute tool to mute/unmute the resulting clips. Not quite as slick as using the newer Comp Tool, but it works.
by enjneer
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lanes

You can move the loops to one track using Track versions(each to a different new version) and then use the key command Create Lanes form versions and the play with different comps.

The command is located in Project/Track Versions in the main menu at the top. There is also one for creating versions from lanes.
by Janko Kezar
Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steinberg, any timeline on high DPI support?

We don't typically get any information about new features before there's an announcement, but would it possible to get at least a "is being worked on" or "not a priority at the moment" level statement about whether we will get high DPI support in Cubase in the near future?

I know some people don't regard retina support as an important feature, but to me the difference in eye strain is huge between regular and high DPI. That difference multiplied by thousands of hours a year makes it a pretty big deal.

And the 5k iMac is looking awfully interesting...
by paaltio
Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic