Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazin

The value of Cubase to me is not it's perfection, because it quite plainly isn't. It is its versatility and the possibilities that it offers its users. I may not be the best musician, but I have the best fun. Sure I get cross with Steinberg at times and irritated with Cubase. I am sure we could say the same about our partners, as they could about us. However, we still love them in spite of all that. That is the value of a long term relationship.

Exactly +1

This is meant to be a feel good thread even thou a little bit OTT on the subject but non the less should still be kept a feel good thread and I find it really irritating that a person that was screaming and shouting for people to keep his threads in order has decided to act god and intervene on every feel good thread he feels he has the right to and change to subject back to his usual one man war on Steinberg ! VERY IRITATING
by G-string
Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!!
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :!:

Overall, I must say Cubase 7 has been one of the best DAWs I have ever worked with thru all the years. And now, the new Cubase 7.5 hasn't exactly made it any worse. ;) :D

Extremely stable DAW on PC Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Never ever crashed once!!!
I has never been so amazed over a DAW... ever. Cubase comes with so many great functions too!

I love the new scalable MIXER-view and new Control-room, new Track EQ with analyzer, just the "Meter section" alone cost more then Cubase 7. Meters like K-14, K-12, K-20, EBU-scale, DIN-scale etc.
Add of own ICONS add of own color customization is a wanted feature for years from many users and especially from me. "Dark arrange background". ;)

And the new hide channels visibility tabs in both track view and mixer view, nested maps, setup Mixer and arrangement configuration, latency compensation with external hardware is one of the great feature that actually work too and that I use daily in the studio. Some DAWs have it too but trust me, its not working properly as like in Cubase. After 2 or 3 of inserted hardware's you get latency problems. I have 4-6 hardware's in the loop all the time like hardware effects, hardware compressors and hardware synths etc. integrated in Cubase 7 and there are no extra latency problems and non stability issues. Cubase 7 take care of external hardware's perfectly, its just sweet! :)

The new instrument track in C7.5 is a right new direction and it work with multi VSTI's too even though you can take it even further and evolve the functionality. Be able to save and use "Quick controls" is one functions I use a lot. Cubase vast support of integrated with hardware controllers like CMC-controllers, AVID Artist series, Yamaha 02R96V2, SSL, NEVE etc. are great and a essential feature that work with Cubase 7 and Nuendo.

The new VST Connect are a another great feature that I use almost daily. I can go on...and on.... what can I say more then...WOW! :D ;)

Cubase 7.5 are a amazing product! :)

I have vast long experience thru the years with DAWs etc.. since the late 80ths. I have worked even with hardware sequencers "back and in the days" and with Cubase on Atari. I have also worked with Pro Tools HD, Logic PRO, SONAR X-series, Digital Performance and Samplitude. I can tell you, I have never been working with a more stable DAW then Cubase 7 x64 and Cubase 7.5 x64.

Thank you Steinberg and all the team and programmers that are behind this Premium product. Cubase 7.5 is the "real deal" and a Premium quality - "World class" product!!!

Merry Christmas to you all! :)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point of such a thread ? :shock:

Isn't this one enough : http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51385 ? :?

So, Freddie, as the only way to see it is that you want to start a debate in a more or less provocative way, I'm going to please you by answering with my point of view. But, as I don't want to loose too much of my time on it, I'm going to post here large excerpts of other posts of mine, made here and there.

I was considering an eventual update from 7.0.6 (while carefully keeping 5.1 and 6.5 installed...), this, despite all the UI regressions (yes, I'm probably one track minded ans still hate the new white masked timeline cursor and the C7 color schemes, among others...), as the first comments about 7.5 was 'fantastic', 'amazing', 'wonderful', etc, etc...

The main things that were interesting me are the track versions, the track visibility and the new algo reverb. I don't really care about the others, honestly...

But since 7.5 release, I have seen here :
- Again, a drastic increase of project loading times (and I thought that it couldn't get worse...),
- Projects .cpr file size of some users here growing from 600 kb (with 7.0.6) to... 4.5 Mb ! :shock: ,
- Content download and installation issues,
- Anormal spikes here and there with still as much resources used as before if not worse for some,
- And another feature removal without warning : no more grid when using freewarp.

And beside this (among several others...) :

- Still the dreaded and unavoidable white masked timeline cursor which, as I'm more than 50 years old, appears as two vertical lines without glasses, no matter the width set for it. A workflow killer by itself...

- No UI regressions fixes : still no replacements for the preferences settings that were in both 'Appearance/General' and 'Appearance/Work area' pages (the latter has just disappeared from 6.5 to 7), especially the ones involving the grid, the buttons and work area brightness. This with others UI quirks such as the behavior of the R/W buttons of the FX/Group tracks when narrowing them.
And, last but not least, the brand new preferences color scheme, which is anything but practical : you can't even copy a color from an item to another and there is not even a way (AFAIK) to do a savable basic palette of colors in it, this to avoid the more or less erratical clicking, trying to pick up the right color tone needed. But there's so much to say about all the UI regressions...

- No fixes for Generic Remote definitions in order to clearly support both :
+ soft takeover. It works, but only if you accept to edit manually the generic remote definition xml file. In other words, this feature is unavailable, using the UI of the 'Device setup' window and not documented...
+ NRPN support : this one is completely broken and I had to find a clumsy workaround using different MIDI channel number for each control to be able to use my MPD32 endless knobs. I sent a support ticket to Steiny about this more than one month ago, and still waiting for any feedback...
This without talking about the still channel dependent layout, which means that you better think of it twice, before trying to add or remove a channel/track if plug-ins are involved in the currently active GR definition...

- No fixes concerning the key commands behavior issues with the MixConsole focus,

- No improvement of the RCE (absolutely useless with generic remote handling ; this thingy was naively one of the main reasons to purchase C7, one year back...),

- No improvement of the ASIO guard,

- Still the same click fest in the MixConsole,

- Trackpresets are still unusable with multiouts VSTis.

So, basically, more or less useful features added again, leaving more and more things half-baked, this with unwanted regressions and changes. Seems like Steiny is engaged in a headlong rush and I'm increasingly fearing what the future will bring. It explains why I will NOT upgrade to 7.5, as I don't want to support Steiny in the wrong track they are engaged in.

Been trapped one time with C7 and will not make the same mistake again : I'll keep on using 5.1 and 6.5 for as long as possible...

Hope you're happy with this, Freddie. Good christmas to you ! :P
I love it when you constantly derail a Steinberg feel good thread , just because your unhappy you expect the world to roll over and play dead for you aahhh ????

WELL SAID FREDDY a big +1
by G-string
Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like Freddie, and I'm glad he's joined us from over in the Cakewalk forum. He's definitely made an upgrade from Sonar. :) We need someone here in this forum who uses different fonts and *all* the emoticons -- someone who is always jumping up and down like a happy teenager. Seriously. I mean it. This forum can get a bit glum sometimes, since most happy Cubase users are actually off making music, not hanging around here too often... and people like Freddie spice things up and bring some extra cheer.

Glad you're here, Freddie! Hope you enjoy Cubase as much as I have! (Well, judging by your forum posts, I'd say you already have!)

And yes, I agree with the sentiment of your OP. Cubase is amazing!
by uarte
Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And back on topic after another derail
Extremely stable DAW on PC Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Never ever crashed once!!!

+1

the new hide channels visibility tabs in both track view and mixer view

This is a god send

hardware compressors and hardware synths etc. integrated in Cubase 7 and there are no extra latency problems and non stability issues. Cubase 7 take care of external hardware's perfectly, its just sweet! :)

They do integrate very well but there is a little latency but nothing that can't be dealt with .

The new instrument track in C7.5 is a right new direction and it work with multi VSTI's too even though you can take it even further and evolve the functionality.
Cubase 7.5 are a amazing product! :)

I completely agree ;-)
by G-string
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok. It may be supposed to be a feel-good thread. But...

But when using large letters, like shouting out from a roof top or joining a parade will provoke the half of the users that experience problems and/or severe disruption in workflow.

Like silouette said:
Surely a "thanks Steinberg I'm loving it" would have sufficed. Given that you have seen a number of users who are experiencing difficulties a little bit of tact might have worked better .

Never the less, I feel good :D

PS. I think Freddie H got what he wanted ;)

Guys, I hear what you're saying, but come on, let Freddie be Freddie. Of course Cubase has bugs, of course it isn't perfect, of course there are people who are dealing with issues, just like any major software! I've criticized Steinberg my fair share in due course.

But to give Freddie a hard time when all he's doing (in my view) is expressing his enthusiasm, just seems a bit glum, as I implied before. Just let him do what he does. Frankly, I enjoy reading his posts from time to time, and I think he's generally more like a Steinberg cheerleader. So what? We could use that around here!

When we need a serious thread, we can start (yet another) serious thread. There's plenty to be serious about. But let's give the guy some space.

And who cares if he's shouting with caps and fonts and smilies? He rarely says anything directly offensive, and if he does, it's generally well-meaning from what I have seen. We actually need more people like Freddie in the world. And besides, those font/smilie options are sitting right there in the forum interface, and if you find it a breach of netiquette, just ignore him.

And finally, no one is saying that serious people and serious threads are wrong or not needed. I have had my share of problems with Steinberg over the years, and I will join the occasional angry threads if I think it will help. But this thread and other similar Freddie threads are just generally intended to be light-hearted, positive testimonial and opinion in my view, as are most of Freddie's posts as far as I can see. He's human too, so I'm sure he crosses a line sometimes, but generally, I find his posts positive and good-natured.

My two bits only. I have no beef with any of you. I also don't know Freddie personally, although I remember him from the Cakewalk forum, and he was a positive upbeat guy there too for the most part. And I definitely agree with the sentiment of the OP. Cubase is indeed amazing. Perfect? No, of course not! Amazing? You bet. Let's take a moment every once in a while to get some perspective. Granted, Freddie takes more than "just a moment" expressing his enthusiasm, but so what? I've been around DAWs (and just before DAWs) long enough and can appreciate the golden age of awesomeness we're in right now, and frankly, I can use a dose of enthusiasm to remind me.
by uarte
Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UAD 7.40 and C7.5

Had a "no hardware installed" issue the first time i lauched cubase 7.5 (related ?), went back to 7.3 and everything seems ok now.
by jules
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sometimes I'm staggered by the expectations, demands and moans of certain self-proclaimed professionals, and others, on here. I started with Pro-24/Atari and was THRILLED to be able to program drums and no longer be dependent on lame TR-707 loops. As far as I'm concerned, since those early days Steinberg have increasingly provided me with useful ways to while away the time between making a bob or two, the features and sheer power offered by Cubase in 2013 are WILDLY beyond anything anyone could have imagined in the early years. I made a living writing midi files in the 80's - no DAW has ever surpassed Cubase's midi implementation.

How can Freddie's post possibly have been seen by some as provocative? Thanks to him I've looked again at my old XP tweaks, turned my AERO back on and background services to programs - stability and performance have improved as a result. I really LIKE Freddie, and Cubase too - all you moaners should sort out your own systems before accusing Steinberg of writing anything but GREAT software.
by thermionic
Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time to wash the Cubase 7.5 tshirt ?

Have you discovered any new bugs?
by Scab Pickens
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scab Pickens wrote:Have you discovered any new bugs?

:lol:
by dirkpiano
Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How 'bout posting a pic of you wearing it?
{'-'}
by curteye
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carpe diem; enjoy it while you can, come January, if we get a 7.51, it'll be obsolete :cry:
by BriHar
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

d-_-b wrote: I thought about taking a shower with it on but I didn't want it to shrink , could of been a bit painful ;-)

Take Hot showers to avoid shrinking :lol:
by mozizo
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is one of the better topics of today, I approve.
I guess you could try wearing it inside out for a while :)
by Strophoid
Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you showered with your t-shirt on for the last month? If not, I'm surprised you still have someone living with you... :lol:
by papi61
Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.5 Activation - Server down?

Poor programmers from Steinberg...

They make such a good job (to get customers) and the service guys put them to flight...
by cheveyo
Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tex viler wrote:PRO TOOLS & MAC STEINBERG A**HOLES THIS IS A F***** DISGRACE

My, my - what a lovely post.
by Jeff Hayat
Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just upgraded from Cubase 6 to 7.5, having the same issue everyone is. I thought I was alone.

Welcome aboard buddy! You're totally not alone. The ship will set sail eventually. It's just a matter of time...(captain gone AWOL!)

Ironically, one potentially good thing about all this activation problem is that new members are joining us almost by the hour! :)
by ipanema
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: any new products from steinberg at musikmesse 2014

If it stays at WL 8.5 i would consider this to be very lame in their home show ;-)
by G-string
Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nektar Panorama as a Cubase Controller : Awesome !!

d-_-b wrote:Have they fixed the hidden tracks problem yet ?

Yes, this is fixed pending the up and coming release.
by TChandler
Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement // updated April, 2014

Ok, ok...Here is the update:

1. Groove Agent 4 already includes 20,000 samples and counting.
2. We are starting with the beta phase this month.
3. Groove Agent 4 will be released in the third quarter of 2014...
4. ...and will cost less than Groove Agent 3!
5. And that is how the Acoustic Agent looks like (when I don't have my glasses on...):

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/VST_instruments/Groove_Agent/Graphics/GA4_700px.jpg
by Matthias Quellmann
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any news on .30

We'll get a 7.5.5 by the end of July and then C8.0 somewhere in the autumn.
by Winter Rat
Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any news on .30

ggc wrote:I would like to see a 7.7 :P

I would like to see a 7.7.7. The jackpot of bug fixes.

by orchetect
Fri May 30, 2014 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caffeine may reduce tinnitus risk - new study

It also appears to have significant mental health benefits too...

There was quite a large study undertaken in the late 1980's i believe here in the UK involving Nursing staff, From what i remember the sample group was in at least the thousands so it was a fairly high quality group for statistical analysis.
There was found to be a correlation between specifically MODERATE coffee consumption and reduced incidences of depression, other caffinated drinks seemed to offer no 'benefits'.... could coffee drinkers have different personality traits or is something 'else' at work?.... would be interesting if someone were to do some follow up... mind you big pharma makes too much money from throwing pills at people at great expense so.........................

Oh and too much caffeine can raise heart rate and blood pressure fairly significantly so could actually CAUSE tinnitus in some cases.
by matjones
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase Macro Collection

I'm a big fan of Cubase/Nuendo macros and in combination with my controllers they save time and work so they are a valuable collection of routines to me. Why not put them in a post so I can find them easily and even better, share them with all of you.

Some are damned useful, some just fit in my workflow. Most are mainly made for Audio Post production purposes. but i'd like to make my collection as complete as possible. If you have any questions, let me know.

If you have some good ideas to improve them or have some great macros to share with me, please let me know I can put them in this post to make it just a cool collection of macros.

Probably there are more posts like this but this is just my collection. Also, some are gradually obsolete since that option was added to a later update. (some are made in the C4 era)

Insert Time - just insert empty time between the markers
Transport - Stop
Transport - To Left Locator
Edit - Global Copy
Edit - Insert Silence
Edit - Paste

Disable+Hide Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Mute events
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Set (optional)
Edit - Select None

Enable+Show Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Unmute events
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Clear (optional)
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Edit - Select None

Group Channel - Useful to group two mono channels together (the omf Avid/ premiere issue)
Navigate - Add Up
Edit - Group
Navigate - Right

Retake - Great during VO recording / quickly re-do a take on the fly
Transport - Locate Selection
Edit - Delete
Transport - Record

Stop And clean immediately - Great during VO recording
Transport - Stop
Audio - Detect Silence (i wish we had presets here)

Stop and back - Useful during voice tracking. just stop and go back a bit to quickly retake.
transport - Stop
Transport - Nudge -1 Frame
etc.. (~15 times)

Delete Range and check - use range selection tool ! just delete a range and go back and listen. (i use this for quickly delete breaths from VO artists.)
Edit - Delete
etc.. (~10 times)
Transport - Start/Stop

Increment Fades - Increment fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length
<repeat if necessary>

Decrement Fades - Decrement fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length
<repeat if necessary>

Duplicate Time - Global Copy
Transport - To left locator
Edit - Select in Loop
Edit Copy

+6 dB
Audio - Increment Event Volume

-6 dB
Audio - Decrement Event Volume

hmmm.. it's 04:55 in the morning.. I'll finish this later..
by Rinse
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[R-6247]PC users: Flickering Timline is ridiculous

Since Cubase 7, the timeline is flickering beyond usability when zoomed in. I have complained and complained to steinberg, and they don't apparently feel it's any problem.

Makes editing tempo maps, audio, and midi a torture to work with. I will not run Cubase in front of my clients, because it's such a joke. The few I have done close editing in front of the client, they always say, "how in the world do you work with that?" And of course, I can't write here, exactly how I feel about it.

I will say that for the first time in 12 years, I am downloading demos of other daws, all of which don't have any flickering timeline issue. Yes Cubase is has everything I need for my work, but after this flickering crap even now with 7.5, I personally don't feel they can or are going to fix this horrible horrible bug.

Only way they will fix it, is if it starts to cut into sales, and their customer service is overloaded wit h complaints.

Please complain to Steinberg about this issue. I've had enough of it.

If I make a screen capture of this behavior, the resulted video is smooth. So I have to make a smart phone video to show this behavior.

steinberg likes to say that I need to upgrade my system, and I have a screaming system that ran Cubase 6 and before just fine, it wasn't until Cubase 7 that this totally unprofessional flickering began. I have 2 computers both W7_64, and both show the exact same behavior, most of my friends on PC have the issue.

Very rarely have I heard someone on Cubase 7 PC that not having the issue, if they say they are not having a problem, I suspect they don't zoom in for their work like I do.

Only way this is going to be fixed is if we all scream at them until it's done, or simply just move on to a new daw.

Studio One is smooth as silk, Reaper is smooth as silk. But the unprofessional daw, Cubase 7 is a joke!!!!

I am so sad about this, that Steinberg will not listen, and more than that, why would anyone have to complain about it, surely they should have the expertise when developing the program, that the flickering timeline should never see the light of day.

See Video here.
by david
Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic