Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: I JUST BOUGHT CUBASE 7!

rattleshock wrote:Nonetheless, I was very pleased at how seamless the install and subsequent upgrade went.

And so you should be, the Syncrosoft protection platform adds value to Steinberg (and 3rd party) apps.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Enjoy your new acquisition :)
Happy new year to you too!
by Strophoid
Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome rattleshock. Looks like you're a fellow Canadian.

I did the same thing earlier this summer - July 14.

I switched from Sonar X2a & Studio One to Cubase.

I bought 6.5 within the grace period to Cubase 7.0 right away and it included the full version of HALion 4 which gave me a free upgrade to HALion 5 also within it's own grace period.

A very pleasant surprise that I didn't even know was included until I opened the box.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

I'm adding a link here that's very helpful, in case you haven't seen it yet.

[Painstakingly done by 'Bane'.]

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=23576
by jamusic
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Printed Cubase 7.5 Manual

Aloah G,
and thanks for the offer.

Normally I would be on board with this but at the rate
Cubase is changing I am afraid a hard bound copy
would in six months to a year end up sitting on a shelf.

What I have done is to go thru the manual page by page
and taken screenshots of 'what I do not know' in Cubase and then transfer
those pics to my iPhone.

This way learning can happen anywhere. Even while on the pot. :)

Good luck with your project.
{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Macro for bouncing without any processing from the main-outs

Hi. I have made macros for bouncing the selected part without any processing from the main output. It's actually an updated version of a macro I had found on the internet a long time ago. I found myself using it a lot lately, so I had to share it.

There are two versions. The second version also mutes the part that's bounced. And that needs 3 project logical presets to be made.

To use it, firstly you must adjust the settings in your export window. Select main outs. "Import into project" and "Close after export" must be selected. Also give a name like "bounce" or anything, and click that arrow on the right, and select "auto update name". Actually, these are pretty basic settings.

Select the track and the part you want to bounce and fire the macro. 8-)

Here is the recipe :

Mixer - Bypass: Channel Strip on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: EQs on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: Inserts on Main Mix
Edit - Solo
Transport - Locators to Selection
File - Export Audio Mixdown
Audio Export - Sync Channel Selection with MixConsole
Audio Export - Increase Counter Start Value
Audio Export - Perform Audio Export
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Deactivate All Solo States
Navigate - Up
Navigate - Bottom
Edit - Select None
Mixer - Bypass: Channel Strip on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: EQs on Main Mix
Mixer - Bypass: Inserts on Main Mix
by sonic74
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm old school when it comes to manuals in some ways... I like a really well-written 1000-page monster, the more detail the better. But since I went iPad, I no longer would want something like that printed on paper. I have boxes of old manuals that do nothing for me and are totally out of date now. All they do is collect dust and waste space. I might have used them for a while at some point in the distant past, but I'd rather annotate a PDF on an iPad nowadays.
by uarte
Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy iPad owner here (other tablets are available), so am glad to be free of the frustration of printed manuals that rapidly go out of date. Apps like PDF Expert are excellent at annotating and searching.
by ChrisW
Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am one of those who still thinks we should get a proper, printed manual.
Here's why.
These are not only expensive programs, but also very complex and a user manual is a must have thing - a PDF does not cut it for me as I cannot take a PDF away from a computer. This is a complete killer for me.
I refuse to buy a bloody iPad - period.
I do not like PDF manuals, as it means using a second computer to utilize the buggers as both my monitors get taken up with application windows, and there is no room for PDF and it can cause issues switching application focus, and it utterly ruins my concentration. Reading from a computer screen has damaged my eyes considerably (my problem, I know, but still a problem) as reading off high contrast LCD screens is vastly different to printed pages.

Arguments against - paper/trees? Pur-Leeze, less of the dippy hippy green nonsense as paper is made from fast growing, specially planted trees that would not BE planted in the first place if they were not going to be pulped for paper, and as nobody uses mahogany/oak etc for books this is a non-argument.
Paper ties up carbon (not that CO2 has anything to do with the matter as it is not now & never has been a pollutant but is instead a naturally occurring gas) whereas bloody great server farms are not at all "green" - they use fantastic amounts of electricity not to mention all the rare earths in the servers & the "environmental cost" of building them - and replacing them/disposing of the old ones every other year so the green tosh is simply nonsense.
It is simply a way of Yamaha cutting corners (oops, "costs") - the prices have not gone down with the absence of a manual.
by neilwilkes
Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't see how anyone serious about learning Cubase could get sentimental over a "bound and printed" manual for a program which changes from cycle to cycle.

I've learned more from friends and co-workers, than I have ever learned from reading a PDF or hard copy manual.
by sycophant
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free Mixing

http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Also may find something interesting up there ^^ .
by alexis
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic