Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Printed Cubase 7.5 Manual

I don't see how anyone serious about learning Cubase could get sentimental over a "bound and printed" manual for a program which changes from cycle to cycle.

I've learned more from friends and co-workers, than I have ever learned from reading a PDF or hard copy manual.
by sycophant
Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Hard copy manual

curteye wrote:
fstlyfe wrote:I mean the one that comes with the product...

Aloha f,

AFAIK there is no hard copy that come with C7.5.

It is all pdf and online info now.
{'-'}

As are the installation files.
by sycophant
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

@G-string,

Just to be back on topic ;), C7.5 works very well here. I realise, in comparison to many others here, I don't use large numbers (4-7 Omni, Kontakt, Trilian, Massive etc.) of VSTis but do use a lot of hungry VSTeffects, including 2 or 3 instances of Nebula with rather heavy presets. UAD plugs are a huge help.

I've learned to work with my aging machine, and what's funny, I don't feel like I'm missing anything :).

One thing about aging machines (not me!), you get to know them really well, and that makes for a stable system. It's a shame upgrading seems to become necessary sooner or later.

But...different strokes for different folks,

Mauri.

I started using an EFI based motherboard about 6 months ago, with a 4K sector drive and the benefits cannot be understated.

Secure fast booting and large file access with more efficient storage are but some of the benefits of upgrading to a new machine.

No point being a luddite when it comes to Cubase!
by sycophant
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

And the issues reported are?
by sycophant
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

orchetect wrote:<speculation>It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.</speculation>

Actually this would be the best way to go unless the update (7.5.10) is already ready and is in the process of being compiled.
by sycophant
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 vs 7.0 : DAE think that 7.5 is more 'laggy'?

Please do not use urban speak in topic titles.
by sycophant
Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: why so many new versions so fast

mpayne0 wrote:Keep it as simple as you need to keep your customer satisfied.

What if the customer is the same person using the DAW?

mpayne0 wrote:If that's a lifelong mission, you're doing something wrong, or perhaps in the wrong field.

For me it is certainly that, and I could not work without Steinberg Innovations.
by sycophant
Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good PC for Cubase 7?

Hard drives are now using 4K physical cluster sizes for large and efficient file storage.

SSD is not really necessary for Windows 8 using modern enterprise grade hard drives and will wear out much more quickly anyway.
by sycophant
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good PC for Cubase 7?

Intel® HD Graphics 4600 should be fine.
by sycophant
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Education 6 can be Upgradet to 7.5

You may find it is cheaper to go from a previous version to 7.5 rather than 7.
by sycophant
Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

MovingWaves wrote:+1
Like the update but not the update procedure fiasco imposed by Yamaha Japan :shock:

It's great for people on 7.0.7 since they can see if any of the changes in 7.5 are worth spending money on (notwithstanding the next version).
by sycophant
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How to make a track thin in MixConsole

Getting used to the MixConsole now, (change is always painful at first) and I'm starting to like it but I don't know how to "slim" a channel.

I'm using FX busses as render points now, which is arguably better than batch export but it means I have more complex routing thus I am breaking down the channel count using multiple mixers (lucky I have full Cubase) but I'm thinking how much easiser it would be if I could skip over channels when generating sends.

Cheers and all the best to the developers (and marketers, supporters etc) of Cubase, it really is a wonderful program and without it I'd be defunct.
by sycophant
Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is there still an update in the pipeline before cubase 8

I have the need for at least 32 analog inputs + and a minimum of 8 digital inputs (S/P-DIF/AES).

On Creamware cards (like RME) you'll get 2 x ADAT SMUX capable ports (in and out) in addition RCA analog, XLR balanced and a SPDIF port. A good "solution" here is to possibly use something like a couple of Focusrite Saffire 26 i/o (I don't know too much about XITE at this stage). You can of course use 3x creamware cards for a total of 6 in and 6 out allowing 48 individual in's and out's @ 44/48Khz.

Are you then tracking to Cubase? Or is the S/C system a complete DAW in it self?

S|C is the environment, Cubase is the tape machine/sequencer.

And using some sort of Software mixer within the S/C system?

For myself, Cubase volumes are set to zero on mix (I have not recorded as yet) as are volumes in the Sonic Core environment however, one option is to mix in Scope using a software controller.

Is routing from Cubase via an internal "patchbay"?

Only standard VST Outputs are used (some old school Creamware users persist with some kind of DirecX setup, i.e. Wavelab).

Last time (long ago, but post creamware) I visited their web site, I didn't get much info out of it. Do you have any links?

GaryB in the Planet Z forums is always willing to help.
by sycophant
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg have actually done me a major favour

Vote CurtEye, the next external mod!
by sycophant
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do You Feel EVERYONE Should Buy/Use Cubase 7?

I'm not thinking about Zappaterro, but I think there are unfortunately a lot of members who appear to re-invent themselves...some on a continual basis.

The only thing that I find unfortunate is that people can be judged by postcount or percieved rank, not on the content of their posts.

This is of course a members only forum, if there is a issue I'm sure staff will deal with it in an impartial manner.
by sycophant
Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daylight saving changed = Cubase plugin rescan [again]

Freddie H wrote:And still if you do have installed +10.000 plugins in your setup you should ask yourself do I actually need them? Do I really use all the 10.000 plugins? Think about it! ;)

Less is more, that's for sure!
by sycophant
Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic