Search found 56 matches

Return

Will Cubase elements 7.5 come out soon?

Hi folks,

Just downloaded the trial of Cubase 7 elements and having a look at it. Just wondering as 7.5 in the other version are out, does it generally follow that 7.5 in elements will be out soon and maybe better for me to wait a short time for it?

I won't be doing any massive big projects so your thoughts appreciated if elements would suit me, and if I would be missing any substantial features compared to artist or the main Cubase program?

To be honest I will mainly be importing sample audio files from another program and adding a little guitar and vocals.

Thanks for your kind help.

Joe
by joemardo1
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Xtigma wrote:cubase code is 30 years old?? really? i thought SX was a rewrite, or at least partial rewrite?

True, SX and Nuendo are based on Cubase for SGI IRIX that was shipped in 1997 and then ported to the Mac and a little later the PC (around 2000).
by Reiknir
Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(UPDATED): Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.0.7 maint. update coming

Dear Cubase 7 users,

As we have done in the past, we will release a final free maintenance update to the previous major version of Cubase and Cubase Artist. Therefore I'm happy to announce the 7.0.7 maintenance update for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7, which will be released on February 4, 2014.

This update will see many of the issues resolved which were addressed during the Cubase 7.5 development cycle:

Global
• When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
• Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
• (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.

Project
• Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
• When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
• When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.

MixConsole
• The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
• Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
• Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
• Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
• The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
• Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
• When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase rerverse button is always visible.
• Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Plug-in
• The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
• Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
• (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
• Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.

Audio
• Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.

MIDI
• Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
• Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
• Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Score
• Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
• Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.

Hardware
• When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
• Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next weekend 7.0.7?

mroekalea wrote:Helge,

Any news on 7.5 updates?

Yes, we are hard at work and aim to release 7.5.10 around mid of February as well!

cheers,
Helge
by Helge Vogt
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>
by orchetect
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You tell me the chords, now give me the note numbers

Well, if you set Preferences>Event Display>Chords>Pitch Notation to "MIDI + MIDI Note Number", you get just that ;). (or have I misunderstood?)
by vic_france
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 why steinberg didnt fix the mute bug.

This does not affect me in my work never work using mute but I found the strange behaviours straight away when I tried to mute and instrument track as a result of this thread.

Hippo
by Hippo
Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update available

Dear Cubase and Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 7.5.20 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5. Both updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

Improvements
• TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions
• Control Room Improvements
• Channel/track visibility: Key command for “Update configurations”
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list
• Project window toolbar: Additional buttons
• New Preference: Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru
• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

Issues resolved
Project
• An issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
• Toggling between projects with a MIDI track located before an instrument track in the track list now works as expected.
• Rack instruments behave now as expected when working with several projects at the same time.
• Searching for hidden tracks using "Find tracks" now makes hidden instrument tracks visible.
• Unmuting a folder track now unmutes all tracks inside the folder as expected.
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" works now on muted instrument tracks.
• The behavior of side scrolling with a Logitech mousewheel has been corrected.
• "Import track archive" works now as expected.
• The preset name of the Track Control Settings is now visible.
• The navigation of the In-place Editor works now as expected.
• "Punch in" works now as expected in Re-Record mode.
• A problem involving the pre-/postroll time display in Japanese language has been resolved.
• Gluing two MIDI parts no longer leads to unwanted transposition of certain notes.
• Resizing parts in locked tracks is no longer possible.
• A visual problem with frozen tracks has been resolved.
• "Select Tracks with Same Version ID" no longer shows automation lanes of instrument tracks.
• Locked tempo/signature tracks remain locked after re-opening a project.
• The ¢ symbol of the time signature palette of the Score Editor creates now a 2/2 time signature.

Audio
• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• A rare problem in VariAudio that rendered the application unreliable has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• The "Replace by" offline processing function works now as expected.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.
• Closing the window after exporting MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Exporting a 5.1 surround audio mixdown with the option "Wave split file" no longer renders the application unreliable.
• A visibility problem of the "Resolve Missing Files" window has been corrected.

Instrument tracks
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" now works on muted instrument tracks.
• The name of the main output of an instrument is now shown correctly on audio returns.
• Unmuting folder tracks involving instrument tracks work now as expected.
• Muting instrument tracks and MIDI sub-tracks now works as expected.
• The "Mute" key command now works for instrument tracks in the Project window as expected.
• The preference "Select Track on Background Click" now works properly for audio return tracks.
• Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page.
• Selecting all inputs in the VST Instrument Rack now selects the correct instrument track.

Score
• Print out now works as expected in Cubase Artist.
• Activating the function "Animate Note Cursor" now works as expected.
• Key commands for all symbol palettes are now available.
• A problem with redundant and missing key commands has been resolved.
• Zooming behavior of the zoom tool now works as expected.
• Filter checkboxes now update as expected when key commands are used.
• The box symbol in the replace mode is printed as expected.
• Chord Assistant: The state of the cadence mode is now recalled correctly.
MixConsole
• Clicking on the EQ bypass button while holding the Option/Alt keys now works as expected.
• Load/save EQ presets are available again in the Channel Settings window.
• The solo defeat function of instrument tracks now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility syncing between MixConsole and Project window regarding instrument audio returns has been corrected.
• The function "Deactivate all mute states" now works as expected after selecting "Mute input" on virtual instruments.
• It is now possible to switch the visibility of collapsed folders that contain other folders inside the MixConsole.
• A rare graphical glitch on the horizontal scroll bar of the MixConsole has been corrected.
• Inputs and outputs can now be assigned using QuickLink on MIDI channels.
• A problem involving the visibility of the horizontal scroll bar in the MixConsole has been resolved.
• The preference "Select channels/track on solo" now works as expected when enabling the solo input of VST instruments.
• The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

Automation
• The function "Activate/deactivate write (read) for all tracks" now affects the Quick Controls, too.
• Read mode is now enabled when pressing the write button.
• The command "Show used automation on a selected track" no longer opens the automation of the selected track’s group channel.
• "Delete automation of selected tracks" and "Delete all automation in project" are now available for audio returns of instrument tracks.

Plug-in
• The loading time of projects using HALion 5 has been improved.
• The Phaser plug-in works now as expected.
• An issue in VST Connect SE that may render the application unreliable under OS X 10.9 has been resolved.
• Saving the project under OS X while VST Connect SE is connected to VST Connect Performer now works properly.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.5.

Download

A detailed version history and the 7.5.20 Updaters are available here:

Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 64-bit success!

@Steve Helstrip
Glad you made the switch and that things are finally working for you but.....what took you so long when there was always JBride, which works flawlessly?!

Well, mainly because I didn't know that 64-bit Cubase would be more stable. I just tried it out of desperation more than anything else! I also thought Jbridge was PC only, but guess not!
by Steve Helstrip
Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why 7.5 and 7.5.1 is not called beta?

if the problems are listed on the new update bug fixes list is because they exist and will be solved now.
Maybe i wasn't lucky with my system which is OSx Lion running cubase 32 bit. I felt many of the solo(mute bugs) in instruments and folder and also many others bugs which i consider not so big issues. Anyway this is an experience that i had and i think i'll never update so early again seduced by the new features.
by estrica2000
Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase 8

sycophant wrote:Importantly for me I hope the export dialog is improved to provide a method for naming files that is independent of the project tracklist

+1 to that.
by Jeff Hayat
Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good PC for Cubase 7?

I can't help you directly with the mac pro on the issue, but I can tell you that under windows 8, running CB 7.5 with 2 mr816csx's here and everything is perfect. I would ask why you don't like windows 8? Not to debate it or anything but it can be set up to run just like your desktop did in xp, so why the urgent switch to mac?
by bjones306
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move MIDI notes from one part to another & preserve loca

I have never used v7 as I jumped right to v7.5 but unless I am not understanding you, just highlight the notes you want from the Glock, go to EDIT and COPY. Then click on the Celeste track and go to EDIT, Functions and click PASTE AT ORIGIN.

That's how I get notes to other tracks and they are exactly in the same location as the original location.

Maestro2be
by maestro2be
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Yes as a professional I'm using 6.5 because is fast and solid more than other new version, I can't risk my job during the beta testing period, some people is happy of course probably their workflow is more efficient than mine, but my workflow is amazing under 6.5 not on 7.5.20, same exact workflow with same plugs, this should let steinberg programmers think about. I love the new features, I was very close to switch.....steinberg is far from 100%, Cubase 7.5.20 is around 70% imho.
+1
About at the same place I am.
Many great new features, but other core functions have become a bit more clumsy (Control Room and parts of the Mix Console).

Of corse I like the new Track Visibility (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Track Versions (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Tab To Transient (been in PT and Studio One for years).

That makes perfect sense to me. :D If you need absolute stability one should not be working with the latest version / update even. NOTHING about new versions of software of any sort is reliable, be it music, graphics or even DTP software. If one works with what is reliable you don't end up with clients upset or have crashes on deadlines. I would say that it takes about three to six months to properly evaluate any given new Cubase version. And this is from a very enthusiastic Cubase user. Bets testing? EVERTHING is a "beta" test for at least that long. There's no such thing as "finished".
by Buchanan
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I will not speak about C7 anymore, sorry sorry sorry.
by jluca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sycophant wrote:To the lounge :arrow:

Where it should have gone 4 pages ago. Ta.
by Buchanan
Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

iBM wrote:So when I discuss those features, you will not interfere? A promise?

Lol, if 'sycophant' is who I think he is, he is a serial pest. If he is not who I think he is, he is still a bit of a pest ;).

Mauri.
by Mauri
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Car analogies are very good. If I buy a car, I expect it to drive nicely. Surely I don't want it to freeze and turn off itself suddenly here and there. Probably they make them reliable, because they know there will be no chance for bug fixes. If there are bugs in a car, the whole series will get a bad name, probably the whole company too, and they will be soon out of business. But if cars could be updated with bug fixes, then I bet they would be half reliable too, just as software.
by sonicstate
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Personal Quest. - is it worth continually upgrading your

I didn't build my own -- I bought a stock HP desktop computer 3 years ago with two drives, super fast quad processor (950), lots of memory, firewire ports, etc. Running Windows 7 64-bit. Internet, email, etc, don't even register. Cubase is my heaviest load, but it doesn't really stress the system usually no matter what I throw at it. Native Instruments Studio Drummer is the biggest hog (much worse than Superior Drummer for example), but I can cope with it (per Steinberg's recommendation, turned off Hyperthreading, and that did help with Studio Drummer).

I'm hoping to stick with this for a while. Not much tuning required. Cubase (6.07) never crashes, performance is great for what I'm doing, and nothing else is even close to burdening the system.

I mean, it's gotten to the point where the computer and software are no longer an excuse!! Honestly, it's what we were all hoping for years ago.
by Early21
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Personal Quest. - is it worth continually upgrading your rig"

Of course! It's the only way to get closer to that Hit Record!!!

Momma!!
by Oedipus Driftpunch
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know for a fact that Cubase 7 (7.0.7) is stable, and posts to the contrary are purely the result of user error.

Well isn't that an interestingly bold statement. I have renewed trust in c7 and now it is time to buy.

I used to upgrade every year to a new system. Then it moved to every couple years to today where I don't remember when I built my system. People get to the point where cutting edge is not necessary and will stick with what works. Most studios I worked in when i was younger were that way. Once your rig was refined and stable, everything stayed put for a looooong time.

That is where I am now. Everything I need works really well so I stick with it. I don't need more. Why change anything?
by Jack
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drum map grid problem?

I've been getting used to it for about thirty years sycophant. I started with the Pro 24 drum editor problem on the Atari 1024. Go and teach your grandma to suck eggs.
by thermionic
Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got Cubase 7 running like C6, now onto C8

Shut up, Brains. Nobody missed you ...
by Scab Pickens
Sat May 24, 2014 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Key Editor - note selection and editing

Press Control+Shift then hover over a note in a chord, a speaker icon should pop up and then you can
click and drag up and down to change velocity. You don't even have to select the note first, just hover over it.

I think I had to change the default modifiers to get this behavior.
Its under preferences/modifiers/select tool.
by Rotund
Sat May 24, 2014 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should music also look perfect?

No it should not look perfect imo, because it 'sounds' too perfect!...I actually program in slightly lagging or rushed notes & mistakes that I think humans would do.
by SYNC
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should music also look perfect?

I am writing some music for musicians to play

Aloha s,

If your musicians are 'on the clock' which means they are 'sight reading'
then the better your score looks, the easier it will be for them to play.
Which means fewer takes and less $$$ spent on studio time.

If time is not an issue (they can have the score for a period of time
prior the the recording date) it won't matter as much.
By then they will for all intent and purpose already have learned it.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is there still an update in the pipeline before cubase 8

c'mon sycophant try to be honest, Cubase 6.5 still works great under osx 10.7 10.8. 10.9 no problems at all..... are u sure is apple problems? I've used Cubase 6.5 with K. Musgraves last night live show, no problems no clicks, no stops, nothing wrong under 10.9. C7.5 still have audio export problems, and a lot of other issues not connected with the new "features".
by jluca
Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are a couple of primary problems for me with C7.x.x when trying to do high volume production work (which is distinctly different than using Cubase as a composition tool). Because of them we are still using 6.5. 7.5 is ok, and in some ways superior to 6.5 for composition. But, for production work it sucks.

1) The break between the mixconsole and the arrange window for key commands and remote control ...
2) The lack of visual queues on the mixconsole for settings/values/controls
3) The control room suffers the same problem and the changed visual paradigm does not fit the use case.
4) Range Solo/Mute does not work properly in the mixconsole.
5) CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICKITY K C U F" N CLICK. There's a reason we want to use control surfaces. SPEED

There are many more issues in the issues area, but the point is 7.5 is far slower for recording, mixing, post etc...
by JMCecil
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you my friend :)

Now we turned on to a constructive path. Great.

I only know Sonic Core by name, but I will check it out. I am certainly on the look for, what I call, a new mixing environment.
I can't afford Nuage, but wouldn't spend that kind of money on something so depended on a piece of software anyway.

Mixing in Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5.5 has worked fine with me (with a small controller for automation rides etc), but for some reason I just can't get to like the C7/7.5 mixer and Control Room (I am on the verge of bringing out my old monitor mixer for cue mixes).

I have plenty of hardware hooked up through external FX's (see sig). Both reverbs/delays and compressors/eq's. Working great.

Thanks for good explanation :)
by iBM
Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.3 soon?

Cubase 8 id say will be with us by December!
by funkman
Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I still dont like the new mixer

sycophant wrote:
Jeff Hayat wrote:
sycophant wrote:So what OS are you running V5 on then?

W7 Ult. 64-bit.

Was V5 even made for that system?

Yes.
by Jeff Hayat
Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I still dont like the new mixer

So why are you using version 5 anyway in terms of features and not V6?

Honestly? The input tempo KC. They did away with this for some stupid reason in v6, and refuse for some stupid reason to put it back.

That may seem silly, especially for something I dont use every day, but that's the reason.

Cheers.
by Jeff Hayat
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dead Forum Society

You're taking about the Music Lounge... right?

The other parts of the forum seem to be alive and well, after all this is what the Steinberg forums is for, users to help users is it not?
by Split
Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In 2014, what is Steinberg's procedure for a lost elicen

The solution includes a temporary licenses that can be requested in MySteinberg once a USB-eLicenser is lost or defective. This way you can continue working until regular license replacements are issued by support. Of course, this requires a spare USB-eLicenser to make sure you really have a zero downtime.

Not sure how this is related to Cubase 8 or any forum activity though?
by Ed Doll
Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hey guys. So what's new? Upgrading from SX3. Dinosaur.

Pet peeve: When you quote people, don't alter the words in the quote. I didn't write that.

This is the lounge, so I'm supposing there will be more latitude on how posts can be made.

Without wanting to engage in tit-for-tat discussion, I was merely correcting your misquote of me .

I would however auger that by definition your post(s) are trolling in nature; as you don't actually own the product, have never used nor even tried it and therefore have no genuine reason to comment.

Did you know that >> :P << means razzing/having fun? I'm really sorry you can't accept my opinion on cubase 7. I tried explaining how it was formed.

So, how about this one:

I know Joe. Is that is a genuine reason to comment? :lol:
by Woodcrest Studio
Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does an opinion matter without experience?

Opinions, like an inviting cavity, everyone has one...

There's also hearsay , which isn't a first hand account per say, but passing on what they've heard from others with the experience. This could be as valid or invalid as first hand experience. Many people on the forum claim Cubase 7 has been problematic, features have been omitted, "the new mixer sucks" etc.

Hearsay, no matter what the first hand account is, can be powerful... Take your pick of gods for example...no one in the history of man kind has ever really seen one, yet millions live their lives around this superstition . The hearsay of Cubase greatly pales in comparison. I mean, firstly we all know Cubase and other DAW software really exists ...some of us use different versions of it (Cubase Cakewalk, Logic,Pro Tools etc). Second, we as humans rely on the things we hear from others, they're passed down. Someone recommends using Cubase over say, Cakewalk...so we run out and buy Cubase. Unlike your pick of gods, us DAW users don't generally don't go around and behead those who believe in and use a different software....though some DAW users can be fanatical. Someone indicates that there are many others who don't like, or have found issues with the newest version. When Windows Vista came out, how much of a bad rap of hearsay did THAT spread around the PC community?

Yes, most of us are more comfortable in sticking with what we know . Though I tried Cakewalk, I also tried Cubase. I've stuck with Cubase ever since. I don't need to change, it does what I need & want. New versions have many changes along the way, some cry out in protest over them, while others welcome them. Too much change, and especially just for the sake of changing something isn't always a good thing. I'm sure if I ran out and bought Cubase 7, I wouldn't know how to use it. For as little time I have to spend on my music hobby, I'd be spending all my time relearning how to do simple tasks, that I could have otherwise got some of my idea's down.
by SYNC
Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.30

SMH! People complain when Steinberg doesn't test enough and then go on a rampage about how us paying customers are beta testing for them.....then when Steinberg does take their time to make sure there aren't any issues, the same people complain how long it took to release. Make up your minds already (unless the quoted above was said with sarcasm, which in that case disregard my response! :D )

Definitely not sarcasm...
As I mentioned many times before, I have 40 years in the aerospace industry where software updates for minor corrections were issued, if need be, within 24 hours of a customer reporting the issue. So I know it can be done.

Now, does Steinberg need to issue software maintenance releases on a daily basis... of course not. But, they should be able to do it with no problem if they really wanted to provide "world class customer service". Regardless, April to September for a maintenance release... that's a long time. Especially for what they fixed.

Regards 8-)
I am very aware of the Aerospace industry as well. You can't compare the time to resolve requirements of the Aerospace industry to the music software industry. The Aerospace industry must have adequate number of resources to handle those critical demands. There were no show stoppers in this fix list that I can see and evidence of that is in the lack of hysteria in the forum since the last maintenance release. I think you should look at other DAW software companies and compare their patch release frequency and application stability to Steinberg's to keep things balanced and apples to apples. You can always buy another product if you think the grass is greener elsewhere.

Relax man... It's just an opinion. Isn't that what our forum is for?

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shut up, Brains.

:( :( :( :roll: ................ :ugeek:
by iBM
Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Install dongle inside a laptop? Possible? Downsides?

If I were in the habit of doing on-location recording, I'd build myself a custom portable rig, maybe in a rack or some kind of case. That way I could install & do almost anything I wanted...including installing the USB thingy in the case, out of harms way & sticky fingers...stinky fingers too :D
by SYNC
Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daylight saving changed = Cubase plugin rescan [again]

Hi all!

First off, I don't care if it re-scan or not. Its all fine by me. :)

What I´m more concern about is to read how long it takes for some of you starting Cubase?
Sure it takes longer or let me say longest to launch Cubase compare to other programs I have in my computer.
For example Cakewalk SONAR X2 takes like less then one second. But still if it woks better for Cubase and make it more stable taking longer time during initial launching I don't see the big problem here?

I have both hardware control systems and fairly plenty of 3part commercial plugins installed in my computer example: NI Komplete, all Spectrasonics, all Cakewalk softwares, all Nomad Factory, BBE, Waves, SPL, Brainworx, elysian, Vengeance, Melodyne etc. Still I'm choked to hear the timeframe's some of you users referring to here.

I don't know what kind of softwares you all use, so I can only speak for myself. To start, I don't use any 32bit plugins or any kind of freeware's from non commercial major manufactories. The only 32bit plugin that I do have installed in my computer is Steinberg Virtual Guitarist 2 and I use that sometimes together with Jbridge.

I don´t use any kind of cracked plugins or softwares in my setup. All are 100% legit softwares even the extra non music softwares!

So I timed it, a normal day in the studio. Let see how long it actually take to launch Cubase?

1. First ever launch of Cubase 7.5 after rebooting the computer. = 25sec

2. Second launch of Cubase 7.5= 16sec

3. I have not timed the actual daylight-rescan of all my plugins, but I remember how long it took. I would guess= maximum of 1min or so. I'm pretty sure it took even less then that perhaps 45 sec.

So why does it take so long time for some of you users? I mean like extreme as +5min up 10-20min? :o :roll:
I know computers and systems and to me 10min even sounds extreme if your use a older computer. It should never ever take like 10min to rescan your plugins unless you are using + 5000 to +10.000-+20.000 plugins in your DAW setup. So something must be seriously wrong here in your setup if it take that long?

And still if you do have installed +10.000 plugins in your setup you should ask yourself do I actually need them? Do I really use all the 10.000 plugins? Think about it! ;)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Steinberg for a wonderful professional product!

Thank you Steinberg for a wonderful professional product!

I'm so extremely happy and pleased with Cubase 7.5.30 stability and DAW work platform on my own build DAW-computer ,Windows 7 Ultimate x64. It just work and it sounds great too. Stability that are so important during working many hours has never been any issue for me with Cubase. ([issue]except for USB-abnormality I did uncounted).

I'm using Cubase almost everyday, at least 8-10 hours a day making professional music productions. I'm have a digital Studio facility and producing modern pop and digital music to various artists.

Everyday I use different external hardware's (Hybrid Mixing) together with Cubase 7.5.30 and I can say it works like a charm without any latency problems. Latency issues and problems you can find in many other DAWs.
In all my projects I always use my external hardware effects inserted, some are "vintage" gear. I also run-thru and record production elements thru external hardware example compressors etc. Sometimes I use analog synths too.

During sessions I record vocals with artists and I can always count on Cubase to perform without any hiccups or stability issues or crashes during important recording sessions. That is very important for me and VST connect are another new great handy feature included in Cubase too. VST connect are especially handy for live previewing over longer distance with other co workers, Artists and clients.

I also use hardware mixing controls with Cubase and I can honestly say, everything just WORKS!!! :D

Thank you Steinberg for making one of finest "First Class" professional DAW on the market right now! :D
Keep up the good work! ;)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How hot is your system running?

If you don't trust that utility, download speedfan. It's a small program that reads all your temperature sensors and it can plot their readings in a nice graph over time so you can look back what the temperature was after a taxing session.

RE airflow: Tom is right, although in some modern PC cases the PSU is mounted at the bottom in which case you should get an additional exhaust fan. Generally it's smart to have more intake than exhaust fans, as this creates overpressure inside the case which keeps dust out.
Speaking of dust, if you haven't cleaned your PC before and worry about the temperatures, it might be a good idea to open up your case and remove as much dust as you can from the heatsinks and fans.
by Strophoid
Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's an industry standard method using file modification times to see if files have updated - pretty much no other way you can do if you don't want to scan the files. BUT, one should use GMT (now called UTC) because that doesn't change twice a year...

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I am not overly concerned at what cubase does or does not do in this regard as inspiration does not necessarily strike me the moment I turn on my computer...

glad it doesnt affect you sycophant. you obviously dont have paying clients in your studio, or session musicians/singers that are sitting around for ages twiddling their thumbs and charging you by the hour, because youre busy like a beaver trying to get Cubase to start whilst its scanning all your plugins, yet again, with no choice in the matter, freezing on "problem" plugins, hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del, rebooting Cubase over and over etc. whilst the muso's standing around announce "this is why i dont use Cubase, i use Reaper (Albeton etc) on a PC and i dont have these kind of problems".

For the rest of us, this is a big problem indeed.

Maybe there's a reason this all happens on two Sundays a year. :lol: If one prepares then turn DST off and adjust the time later manually. Takes maybe ten seconds. Rescan AFTER the session. My clients don't twiddle thumbs for that long as usually one or more of them turn up at least an hour late. :mrgreen:
by Bantam
Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When will I become a Senior Member?!

As soon as you have made 1000 posts.

Quality doesn't matter.
by MrSoundman
Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been with my current Mac Pro rig for almost 6 years. Never noticed this DST issue. Is it a PC-only thing?

Hi there!

Yes only on PC platform. It scan itself is all about checking plugins compatibility with Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab platforms from Steinberg. Other platform have exactly same scanning feature build in. The difference are that Steinberg's software scanning get triggered by that the clock change twice a year.

So this happens only twice a year at spring and autumn once.
Some users get major problems becuase some of the plugins would crash and fail during scanning.
Instead of excluding this bad buggy plugins and blame the bad buggy plugins that do fail some blame Steinberg why Cubase scans twice a year after the clock change from wintertime to summertime?

Who's wrong and who's right?
It up to you to decide.

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who here is still using Windows XP EOL?

I have been given a Windows XP laptop, which still works fine for web surfing and general office tasks but is there anyone using it for the DAW and if so what issues (if any) do you experience?
Basically, you have to apply a lot of optimisations and disabling of services , which are generally unnecessary for W7 onwards.
by Patanjali
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

sorry for the lack of response on this one. The reasons behind this behaviour are not really well-known.

What I gather is: this is due to how Windows handles DTS on NTFS volumes - after a time change, the files will appear as having a different time-stamp, thus forcing a re-scan (like when you rename a dll, a folder, move dlls to different folders, etc.). I will ask for further info to the proper people (Engineering / Dev) and will post in this thread if I have more info / news.

P.S. No one will get banned for re-posting in the correct Forum - if posting multiple times, we might ask to please create just one thread per topic or merge and move if needed, but that's it ;-)

[Edit: Thread locked to avoid further derailment]

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The difference in inserts and send which better

Also as a rule dynamic effects such as noise gates, expanders, compressors and limiters always on an insert.
by Mrhehon
Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The reason it is deeper is because each time Cubase starts (or you press the Update button) it checks each .DLL file modification time against it's previous modification time as stored in the XML file, only scanning any that don't match.... But when DST changes then ALL the mod times are 1 hour different therefore all plugins are scanned.

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is my money safe with Steinberg?

"Grace period" is only for people who happen to buy the previous version within weeks of the release of the new version.

If you have 7, 7.5 is only USD$49.99.

The forum is abuzz with rumours of 8 coming out soon, but 7.5 has yet to mature. I doubt we'll see 8 this year. Even if they dropped it next week, I wouldn't go for it yet.
by enjneer
Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is my money safe with Steinberg?

+1 on getting full-screen functional!

In the meantime, why not just have the Mixer as-big-as-possible on your dedicated monitor? That's what I do with my second monitor. Just keep other apps off it.
by enjneer
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future Music Mag drops Cubase support

"Future Music Mag drops Cubase support", Funny :lol:
I couldn't care less... I never read it anyway.

Steinberg/Yamaha and Cubase/Nuendo are the leading platform on music and film. :D
So they should perhaps change their name too if they aint going write about new technology. From "Future" to "Yesterday"-Magazine.

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic