Search found 9 matches

Return

Please Hands down everybody for Steinberg.

Dear Steinberg,(and others who like reading this):

I just want to thank you big time for having created an astonishing DAW over the years.

I started in the mid-nineties working with Cubase VST on a Mac G3 OS9 and i remember the very first VST plugins like LM7
I was dazzled by which you could do with Cubase, just amazing.

But i am the kind of person that always wants to try out new/other musicsoftware, like having new toys.
Why ? Cause i am a child i guess :D

So i travelled in all those years from Cubase VST to Logic 7/8/9/Logic X, Live 2/3/4/5/6/7/9, Studio One, and Reason 4/5/6/7 (all on mac) and then, last year, i deciced to buy Cubase 7, cause it was new and me like new music software. :lol:

And OMG, i just fell in love again with Cubase, just like back in the days with Cubase VST.

You can pretty say i have "done" all major DAWS thoroughly (most of the time Logic and Live) and in my opinion, i have landed and will stay with Cubase, cause, well it's just a beautiful program with loads and loads of functionality that for me are just heaven and breathtaking.

The amazing looking GUI ,the Chordtrack, the Midi fx plugins, the Logical Editors, the Keycommands Editor, the Drum Editor, the incredible amount of editing features, the top sounding MPEX stretch algorythms (Ableton, eat your heart out !),the solid sounding soundengine (Ableton,eat your heart out!), Hitpoints, Variaudio , all this functionality just gives me the shivers.

I am learning my head off with watching Cubase tutorials till late in the night, having so much joy with getting the grips 100% of Cubase, it's my passion !
( btw: i highly recommend the tutorials from Holger Steinbrink from Tutorize.com , when you understand German language, cause you can hear in his voice that he's enjoying Cubase so much and his tuts are well made and so helpful)

One more thing:

Ofcourse I experience bugs, odd thangs and an occasional crash of Cubase.
Don't we all ?
But who give's a sh*t ?! :

NO DAW, and i mean NO DAW is perfect, believe me, "i have seen them all".

For me, Cubase is THE example of Deutsche Grundlichkeit. ;)

Dear Steinberg, keep up the amazing work you do !

Amen,

Robbie
by vanhaze3000
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4 x FD set-up Cubase

If the FDs are not in sequence upon reboot, then you need to put the HW devices themselves in the right order. This should only be necessary once as the sequence should not change thereafter - unless you're in the habit of disconnecting them - changing their connection sequence on a hub or even changing the port to which a hub is usually connected could cause a change in the sequence.
Changing the sequence is also possible in Cubase Device manager, but can be more confusing and even "messy". Changing their physical positions is by far the easiest way.
by BriHar
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4 x FD set-up Cubase

just put the FD in the right order by plug in it one by one .
by Home Studio 87
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The last word on Hyperthreading (4930k)

I was wondering since Windows 7s thread scheduler spreads the workload over multiple cores, if ticking the "multi Processing" box in Cubase device setup is as good as I originally thought.
The OS offers the threading facility and access to multiple CPUs, plus support functions, but a program must take advantage of that as it must do some special things (like program and data synchronisation) to make sure it stays in control of them all.

The OS is focussed on the needs of the system and tries to treat ALL programs even-handedly, by trying to spread them across all cores all the time (to keep the CPU thermals even), but unless a program specifically requests more, it will be left on only one thread on one CPU at any one time.

So, keep the box ticked, unless you have other high-priority programs running (like instances of VEP) that you don't want Cubase hogging the system.
by Patanjali
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

Rommelaar wrote:Will the full version be available in the steinberg shop as a download product, or as a box product only?

Hi,

Groove Agent will be available both as a download and as a boxed version.
by Matthias Quellmann
Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase startup time

Can you please make Cubase start faster, just by parallelizing the initializations?

This should take a junior developer about 3 - 4 days of work.

Thanks.
by TheNavigator
Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase Macro Collection

I'm a big fan of Cubase/Nuendo macros and in combination with my controllers they save time and work so they are a valuable collection of routines to me. Why not put them in a post so I can find them easily and even better, share them with all of you.

Some are damned useful, some just fit in my workflow. Most are mainly made for Audio Post production purposes. but i'd like to make my collection as complete as possible. If you have any questions, let me know.

If you have some good ideas to improve them or have some great macros to share with me, please let me know I can put them in this post to make it just a cool collection of macros.

Probably there are more posts like this but this is just my collection. Also, some are gradually obsolete since that option was added to a later update. (some are made in the C4 era)

Insert Time - just insert empty time between the markers
Transport - Stop
Transport - To Left Locator
Edit - Global Copy
Edit - Insert Silence
Edit - Paste

Disable+Hide Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Mute events
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Set (optional)
Edit - Select None

Enable+Show Track
Edit - Select None
Edit - Lock/Unlock track
Audio - Disable/Enable Track
Edit - Select All on Tracks
Edit - Unmute events
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Mixer - Channels: Can Hide: Clear (optional)
Mixer - Hide: Can Hide (optional)
Edit - Select None

Group Channel - Useful to group two mono channels together (the omf Avid/ premiere issue)
Navigate - Add Up
Edit - Group
Navigate - Right

Retake - Great during VO recording / quickly re-do a take on the fly
Transport - Locate Selection
Edit - Delete
Transport - Record

Stop And clean immediately - Great during VO recording
Transport - Stop
Audio - Detect Silence (i wish we had presets here)

Stop and back - Useful during voice tracking. just stop and go back a bit to quickly retake.
transport - Stop
Transport - Nudge -1 Frame
etc.. (~15 times)

Delete Range and check - use range selection tool ! just delete a range and go back and listen. (i use this for quickly delete breaths from VO artists.)
Edit - Delete
etc.. (~10 times)
Transport - Start/Stop

Increment Fades - Increment fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length
Audio Increment Fade-In Length
Audio Increment Fade-Out Length
<repeat if necessary>

Decrement Fades - Decrement fade in AND out simultaniously
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length
Audio Decrement Fade-In Length
Audio Decrement Fade-Out Length
<repeat if necessary>

Duplicate Time - Global Copy
Transport - To left locator
Edit - Select in Loop
Edit Copy

+6 dB
Audio - Increment Event Volume

-6 dB
Audio - Decrement Event Volume

hmmm.. it's 04:55 in the morning.. I'll finish this later..
by Rinse
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please update the Audio-engine to x64bit double precisio

The mathematics in this video is ridiculous.

All this guy demonstrates is how easy it is to conflate floating point inaccuracies to confuse the audience with his marketing talk.

I'm all for getting the best stuff, etc... but double precision mixing is not necessary. Let me explain why:

1. If a 24 bit recording is converted to 32 bit float, which is a meaningful and very well understood operation, the fraction part is 23 bits PLUS one bit of sign, which gives us 138 dB of SNR
2. If (and I suspect that those errors really matter, because there is also reconstructive surgery aka "low pass filtering" at the end of the DAC chain involved) an additional error of, say, 12 dB (and the video only speaks of 6 dB of error!) is introduced, it still doesn't matter, because a) we will never use signals that loud in real life without having our ear drums rupture and b) should we do that because we go crazy, we can still dither

I, therefore, call double precision mixing pointless. Seriously, I'm all for the best in sound and the most creative music and all that, but from a mathematical point of view, there is no point whatsoever in going that crazy.

If the SONAR mixer sounds better (which I can't check myself), I believe it has to do with additional processing, NOT with the bit depth.
by TheNavigator
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg have actually done me a major favour

Vote CurtEye, the next external mod!
by sycophant
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic