Search found 52 matches

Return

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Raname all events on midi track to track's name:

Dbl click track name(fonts highligted with blue)
press and hold one of the modifiers and press Enter.
by mozizo
Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well not workflow but a useful KC (for me at least :) )
open all insert GUI on channel... shift+alt+left click on E button of a channel. to close all of them shift+left click on E again
by mozizo
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

RitchieM wrote:Please don't be absurd!!!

It's for the Amiga. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Another thing that can change everything for me, if Steinberg invent plugin that converts my girlfriends screaming to musical ideas .. i Will finally have enough material for an album for every month :mrgreen:
by mozizo
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Network latency

vst connect is not for musicians to play together at same time from different locations .. but musician to record with Cubases playing back a recorded material, so the musician hears the playback music and plays along with it. the latency is not an issue here
by mozizo
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open All Effects (insert effect on a channel at once ple

you can hold shift+alt+ click on "E" button of selected channel to open all inserts GUI.
to close all again-- shift+click "E"

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=49327&start=25
by mozizo
Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sharing user sounds thread !

i thought that maybe Halion users having sharing thread could be a nice place for... well-- sharing sounds :)
by mozizo
Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Track Visabilty

first you have to sync the project and MC visibility if u haven't yet/(next to the visibility text to the right in project visibility tab,sync MC and sync the track/channel filter type too (global synch tr/ch type filter for all 3 mixers))

for me all work as should, except in/out faders.( u have to automate them to have the in/out showing in projects track folder :? they should change it in my opinion to be visible from the start)

now visibility work fine also with in/out,
(but still if i chose to not see in/out from MC filter ch type it won't work. probably cuz there is no in/out filter ch type for in/out in project visibility ))

Edit : ok i saw u did sync.. anyway all channels type are sync well here.. all appear/hide as should (again only after i see in/out channels in project window too)
by mozizo
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.5 - Combining Lanes and Track Versions when comping!

I don't know why you and some other people believe that track version is better suited to comping than lanes. IMHO, it isn't at all. It's a tool to have multiple completed tracks with different ideas on but the very same settings, without having to duplicate tracks (and that considerably reduced my overall track count.) Lanes + the new re-recording feature is absolutely perfect for comping.

yes its very powerful and useful in cenarius like the sentence i have highlighted from your post.
regarding comping
maybe you are not working the same way others work (Bredo for example) who records a Real drums set(or real band playing the same room with mic bleed everywhere) with many mic setup which every take could have 10 mic routed to 10 tracks playing the same take (the same versions).
so when comping multi takes is concern .

1:lanes comping is better when recording several takes on single track,and comping them with comp lanes

2: track version is more suited for comping multiple track recording(Bredos multiple mic drums setup) so each take from the 10 drum tracks have their same own version.. try that with regular lanes and its a mess.. (although possible with lane comping but its clutter,harder and can lead to many comping mistakes)

you definitely dont want Kick from take one playing at the same time with snare from take 2 and overhead from take 3
you can imagine the mic bleed problems from take to take and phasing issues !

now imagine this with all band playing the same song with all bleeding from mics and recording 24 tracks with 6 different takes for a song.. now track versions comping comes to shine !! ;)
by mozizo
Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NewFeature: ALT+Click to split notes in VariAudio

Big +1

its way too slow and frustrating right now switching modes with Tab and trying to catch the bottom line of a segment to popup the scissors just for splitting !

Variaudio needs some redesign in terms of speed workflow, and also repitching by defined musical scale for quicker tuning off scale notes.
by mozizo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time to wash the Cubase 7.5 tshirt ?

d-_-b wrote: I thought about taking a shower with it on but I didn't want it to shrink , could of been a bit painful ;-)

Take Hot showers to avoid shrinking :lol:
by mozizo
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sends level...

preferences->Vst-> set default send level
by mozizo
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move Event Up/Down Between Lanes Key Command?

look at the key commands at the nudge folder.. assign keys to up/down 8-)
by mozizo
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

{FR} full screen fader,channel editor,fader cap colors

OK just few features id like to see..
1: full screen faders(with some narrow overview of project)
2:fader cap colors as in cubase 7 by track type
2.1 : option to sync cubase mixer view(hidden on MC won't show in Ic pro also)
3:channel editor to control EQ, sends,gain, and Filters
4:having write,read,monitor,and record buttons view all together.
5:an alternative skin, maybe C7 MC alike

Edit: a pic of ugly mockup but u got the idea ;)
ic-pro-with ch settings.png
by mozizo
Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please, please, please update the CC121 driver

i really don't understand why CC121 is not further improved, lot of users find it hard to work with efficiently.
its the Half baked situation again from steinberg/yamaha.
i think little effort from them and some creativity mind should make this controller much better !!

* channel select buttons to follow MC when in focus or even better by toggle with button combination to focus Project/MC tracks

*make the knobs resolution changeable for big sweeps.

*have more control options from cubase, like assign the function knob with 4 buttons to adjust tracks Gain HP/LP filters, or bypass CS,Inserts, sends of selected channel. (cant find right now an option on C7.5 to assign them to CC121 functions)

*option to turn off the Motorized fader (without pulling out the power cord)
by mozizo
Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

here is a little one, not sure if post here but anyway its helpful for me in midi programing and recording "live"
using mod wheel controller to control midi cc7(volume) with input transformer. use it with strings,brass etc.. when the VSTI is not program to do so with modwheel.
very simple code look at the Pic below.(can be assigned of course to control other midi CC of course if need so)

modwheel to volume.png
by mozizo
Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Logical editor made me easy life with renaming tracks-Yh

http://i41.tinypic.com/28rms8p.png

Can you show us the preset?
yep ..i forgot about that ;)

in lower section(the target area) where is parameter 1(with the "the long train" string name in my example) u type the name you want to delete or replace.

in parameter 2 i left it empty so it replaces the name by nothing(deletes it actually), if you type a name in parameter 2 that name replaces the name in parameter 1.
by mozizo
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Logical editor made me easy life with renaming tracks-Yhaooo

just a little thing to share..
i got a project to mix with 100+ Audio tracks and all file names start with the long name of the song following by the actual recorded instrument name !!
oh boy its not possible to identify the tracks cuz only the long name of the song appears on all tracks, i started to delete the songs name on the first 3 tracks, then i just remember that the project logical editor can deal with track names.
i made a simple preset, that deletes the song name from the track(in my case,)..
one click and all tracks left with the actual instrument names !! 8-) cool
by mozizo
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ideas to make one note strikes auto spread to other note

That's a great idea and a nice macro!! I'll squirrel that one away for future use :)

BTW, how do you convert it to midi?

Mike.

here is a tutorial from clubcubase on how to make midi from monophonic audio material.. from 3:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzbRrO7AP4

i can use this Logical editor function in many ways i future too.. just change some values in the code ! :)
by mozizo
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ideas to make one note strikes auto spread to other note

Sorry that was a wrong vid.. :oops:
for drum replacement, use the hitpoint section in the sample editor, adjust it to your liking and use the" create midi notes" function in the hitpoint section menu !
by mozizo
Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Using "Merge tempo from tapping" with MIDI track?

tempo from tapping works when set the midi tracks to linear mode.

but you also can use the time warp tool to move project bars freely to the piano playing bars..

Edit: Beautiful Piece of music 8-)
by mozizo
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cue Sends

Well thats A long time request for cubendo, but now with IC Pro its even more obvious to have it as musicians want and need to control their own monitoring !
by mozizo
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 50%off sale

cool jazzlicks, u know whats best for u. i decided to go with WL elements 8 instead of the grand se.(limited budget)
enjoy it ! ;)
by mozizo
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mostly i use the motif es on gigs with bands, the PA800 i use much less, only when i have some ethnic style gigs and/or with a singer alone.
sometimes when im not lazy i take both :) the PA800 has great accordion and some ethnic samples,synths also ok, but i don't like the pianos there and the keyboard feel. i keep it cuz sometimes it get me good money for that kind of gigs i do with it :!: ;)

i dont know about the PA900..
by mozizo
Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i rarely use PA800 with cubase,only if i need some ethnic sounds,not found in my computers sample libraries. i used to have some acoustic guitar strumming and some nice wha guitar for backup tracks.. but mostly PA800 seats in its case in the dark until i need it for a show..!! i guess i need to use it more in studio.
by mozizo
Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MR816X and Cubase 7.5.10 control room meter.

i think it shows only the "Default output" level (and the control room -monitor if activated )
in vst connection window go to outputs tab- the output colored orange is the default output, u can change it by right click on other output and set it to default.(also all mediabay ,vari-audio etc auditioning sound will go to default output or control room if connected)
by mozizo
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think a new section on the manual or a separate PDF of all Tips and Tricks could be very refreshing way on how to work more efficiently.
by mozizo
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think a new section on the manual or a separate PDF of all Tips and Tricks could be very refreshing way on how to work more efficiently.
http://www.printwhatyoulike.com
http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor
http://pdfbinder.en.lo4d.com/
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
all free, powerful and not Steinberg exclusive.
Who needs Adobe ?
Just saying,
Rhino

always scan downloads for viruses, you never know. :idea:

Well.. i was more thinking of steinberg to put all Tip and Tricks known by them... its their software i guess they know all of the tricks.. :!:
by mozizo
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[... its their software i guess they know all of the tricks.
That assumes they defined ALL the possible usage scenarios, and PREVENTED ANY others, otherwise just providing a whole bunch of facilities will guarantee that there will be a myriad of things users will be able to do that were never thought of in the design.
im just saying there are good tricks not documented or documented here and there , its good to know them.. the user can use them(or not) and also use their own methods and have suggestions too.. there is no conflict here.
by mozizo
Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How brilliant was Steinberg at their home show.!

Well Done.? OK probably WL8 users are happy ;)
but yes Steinberg did release bunch of new products the passing year, and well done.

hope to see some new technologies that let DAWs to be connected to multiple cards drivers with no latency, no hiccups when adding insert,send, etc..
by mozizo
Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rename Multiple Mixer Channels?

use the Project Logical Editor for this..
its in menu-> edit open the project logical editor..
inside the PLE go to presets-> naming folder and choose "rename and renumber audio tracks" preset

now change the code there to your needs.. and its ready to execute..
by mozizo
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1:To start play from event start to its end:
select an event(s) (also works on midi notes in midi editor), use alt+spacebar

2: to set locators upside down to an event (red locators) select event use ; control+enter(on numeric pad).
to skip that event in playback when locators are red activate the cycle on transport bar.
by mozizo
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement // updated April, 2014

Ok, ok...Here is the update:

5. And that is how the Acoustic Agent looks like (when I don't have my glasses on...):

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?eID=tx_nawsecuredl&u=0&file=fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/VST_instruments/Groove_Agent/Graphics/GA4_700px.jpg&t=1396450026&hash=c6e1d32e583e22ed930a3b6c49ddac42ae183d99

i put my glasses and it still the same :mrgreen:
by mozizo
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase 12

i have resources at steinberg HQ , they told me as a secret that cubase 12 will be released between cubase 11 and cubase 13 !!
by mozizo
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Export Audio: All Cycle Markers

+1

I think they let you do this in Nuendo but not Cubase. Really lame if you ask me.

This needs to be implemented. Stat

its Lame and shame indeed .
cubase is a pro Digital audio Workstation product,one of the main advantage of such systems is to free the user to deal with this time consuming tasks when its can be done automatically.
i dont see any reason to not add this function in cubase !
i think they should develop in general the exporting options in Cubase !
by mozizo
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

just updated... looks nice overall (didnt play with it that much yet.its 3:00 AM here!)

just 1 thing bothers me,, i had at my last cubase project Asio buffer set at 1024, i updated to 7.5.2 and down the buffer to 128 and it feels like the latency with transport actions and plugin adjustments too high as in 1024 buffer setting !!

(didn't play the keyboard with VSTI to check latency yet or any audio input)

anyway ill check it tomorow again after restarting the computer..

as anybody else noticed that or its just the latency with my Brain at 3:00 Am ? :roll:
by mozizo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

smapmap wrote:Spent some time with 7.5.20 last night. No issues at all to report, install was painless - ASIO utilisation is much improved - no spiking and also running more efficiently.

+1...
by mozizo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

updated 1h ago.. so far looks very good update. :P
startup seems to be faster(didn't compare project loading time yet )
overall nice and useful features. looks and feels better :)

+1
by mozizo
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Jari Junttila wrote:+7.5

creative ;)
by mozizo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Steinberg plugin

i need one for my kitchen :mrgreen:
by mozizo
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

Thanks, looks good.
now that we have so many colors is there a way to open the color set in 2 or more rows, instead of scrolling down to invisible colors at bottom ?
by mozizo
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Macro i did to export by events (not perfect but works)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2lb0zh2.png

this is a translation from other forum which i wrote in another language, hope its understandable ;) the main purpuse was to export mastered songs, but can be used with any other event

I created a macro that works in a particular way by jumping to next "event "and export them automatically . ( Works by creating two Macros called " Export by event " which contains the macro " Export by event dummy . " Overall the macro is somehow limited and one have to set it up and make some preparations before implementation.
In addition,the macro "export by event" must be assigned to key command (in my case shift + Esc )

1 :bring up the "Export Audio Mixdown" window - define what you need there ( export file type ,frequency ,folder, etc. "), including the initial name and click "cancel"
2 : Put the cursor at the beginning of the project (assuming you want to export from the first event in the project)
3 : choose the tracks that you want to export ( not the events on the timeline project, only the tracks )
4 : make sure that no event is selected in the project (maybe I'll add later a command ensures that events are not selected )
5 : in the macro named"export by event"add the "Export event by event dummy" by the number of events you want to export .. ie if you have 6 songs ( events ) Make sure there are six" Export by event dummy" in "Export by event" macro (nested- see the pic)

*** Note1: if a song(audio event) has been edited and sliced you have to make it as one event by gluing it so the sliced pieces won't be exported by themselves.

***Noet2: in "Export by event" macro the first command-"auto select events under cursor" must be first, so notice when adding or deleting the nested"export by event dummy" macro.

Hope that will work .. if someone can refine it further and maybe try to export by markers (which I could not ) then with respect ;)
by mozizo
Thu May 08, 2014 1:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you Change the Tuning of Cubase?

Kontakt sampler (through 3rd party software, and Windows only )
Once again Steve doesn't know what he's rambling about. Kontakt has always been cross-platform Win and Mac.

Also take a look at the Micro Tuner MIDI effect. Page 169 in the "Plug-in Reference" PDF.

:oops: Steve is one of the helpful and with lot of knowledge in cubase ,daws and music in general in this forum. Also he is one of the polite and kind man in here, maybe you"svenne" wrote it in rush ,but it is insulting somehow and Embarrassing !!!
by mozizo
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: grid with 8T vertical line?

SteveInChicago wrote:Have you set the Grid Type Drop Down menu to "Use Quantize"?

i wondered why sometimes the grid is following quantize and sometimes not.. now i know :) ! thanks
by mozizo
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Auto Gain option for Built In EQ and studio EQ

an additional button in EQ section to activate/deactivate auto-gain to compensate gain lose or gain boost on EQ changes
by mozizo
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multiple Channel VSTi - Preset?

with cubase 7.5 its possible to save Vsti with its outputs as track preset.
watch this video specially from 2:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iJluFehpCY
by mozizo
Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multiple Channel VSTi - Preset?

I see they use instrument tracks to do that. I was not able to figure it out using the old-fashioned instrument racks.
True its only valid from new instrument track present in C7.5 , the instrument rack is the same as before in that matter.

the Cubase 7 manual, page 255, says the instrument tracks can only have one MIDI track at a time routed TO it ... as opposed to the racks that can have multiple ... I could see that being a big limitation on using instrument Tracks. Maybe I'll understand more as I keep reading ...
true for Cubase 7 and earlier, in cubase 7.5 its new concept with Vsti track/rack and its possible to route midi tracks to instrument tracks.
you will need version 7.5 if u dont have it yet for these
edit( i see in ur signature you have ver 7.5.. u just need to learn it better, its little bit confusing at first indeed :geek:
by mozizo
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to adjust monitor volume on a audio track

the simplest thing for this kind of tracking is to add 2 audio tracks with same routing and settings, the first one for example named"voc monitor" is for monitoring only(only monitor button is activated rec button not )
the other one is for the actual recording ' which only armed with recording and no monitoring trough it.
now you can set the input level as you wish and set the"voc monitor" track volume and actual recording/playback track level freely for performance balance
by mozizo
Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Editing instrument from Arrange page

the best is to Assign key command to open VSTI editor.
in midi editor you can also set to show the VSTI Editor icon on the tool bar area.
by mozizo
Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cancel/Abort project loading

a way to cancel/abort loading a project..
didnt find a good way to do this in post i made in general forum
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=62164
by mozizo
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Add fast Attack for Accordion presests

There's an accordion in there?

Interesting :D

I imagine you might have to engage some delay foolery, set the track back in time several ticks? I do this with some orchestral samples.

1:yes there is indeed !
2:and not, its not about latency issues, is where the start sample position placed in the individual samples.
when i open the same accordion presets in H5 i see the "problem"in the sample editor.
all accordion samples start with some silence or the very first quiet note of the accordion when played in natural relaxed playing with no super fast attack to it.
anyway its impossible to play fast phrases and trills with it and hear the fast attacked and full sound( or playback cuz its not latency issue)
( its like trying to play Paganini storm violin part with slow synth pad ;) )
so instead of making a complete new accordion samples with real playing fast attack, i request a simple move to add some fast attack accordion presets by moving the start point of the samples to full amplitude.
by mozizo
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30th Anniversary, anything for loyal customers?

JMCecil wrote:
matjones wrote:200th should be even better!!! ;)
I just came back from then and it was/will be disappointing. :

still no bounce in place ha !!
by mozizo
Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic