Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Cant Install 7.06 mac

I would suggest uninstalling C7 (trash from Applications). Then reinstall from the Cubase 7.0.2 Complete Installer on http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... s_cubase_7

Then update to 7.0.6. If it still fails, let us know.
by Chris Dobbs
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't preview sounds and Transport fader not functional

The most common cause of that issue would be having Control Room turned on, but not connected. Go to Devices, VST Connections, Studio. If you are using Control Room, connect your Monitor to Device ports. If you are not using Control Room, disable it at the top right.

After you disable it, the sound will process through your stereo out. Is it working better now?
by Chris Dobbs
Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is side-chaining?

Here's a compression view of side-chaining: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression#Side-chaining

In the Cubase 7 manual, it is discussed starting on page 240.

Generally speaking, Side-chaining is placing an effect on one track and using another track to determine when that effect is applied (or not applied). It's certainly capable of being more complicated than that, but that's a simple version.
by Chris Dobbs
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase colouring tracks

It should follow the selection in Preferences, Tracks (under Event Display), Auto Track Color Mode.

If it is not following there, what version and build of Cubase 7 do you have installed? What is different about the projects where it happens vs. where it doesn't?
by Chris Dobbs
Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 update problems

I would suggest uninstalling C7, then reinstall from the Complete Installer on http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... s_cubase_7

Then update to 7.0.6. Does the problem persist now?
by Chris Dobbs
Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion 5 Crash when loading presets

The Red Arrow refers to the track having outputs that are not properly connected to live outputs from Halion 5. This is occurring with the 4.0 content because it is surround content and you (most likely) have not setup multiple outputs from H5.

Mine crashed when I got to loading the FM E-Piano 3, I will forward this to our developers and see if they have any feedback on the issue.
by Chris Dobbs
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SOLO EVENT KEY COMMAND help

Do you have the Preference selected for "Track Selection Follows Event Selection" ? If this was on, then when you select the event, it will select that events track. I hope this helps.
by Chris Dobbs
Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does Sequel support MIDI pass through?

Sequel does include a large library of Instruments that can be triggered by MIDI. But it does not have the ability to send MIDI back out to an external sound module. So if you want to use the sounds from your keyboard, I'd recommend Cubase.

I'd suggest checking out the trial versions of Sequel: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/sequel/trial_version.html

And Cubase Elements 7: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html

The Cubase 7.5 trial would require an eLicenser USB key. I hope this information helps.
by Chris Dobbs
Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Initializing: core MIDI, cubase

What operating system is your Mac on?

Go to Applications, Utilities, Audio MIDI Setup. Do you see anything listed here that you do not have connected to the system?

In Cubase go to Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System, and select the Focusrite as your audio interface. Then start a new empty project and go to Devices, VST Connections. Verify that your Device Ports are connected to the Focusrite.
by Chris Dobbs
Fri May 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent only loads one Kit

I would suggest reinstalling from Complete Installer at http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... se_75.html That should correct the missing content.
by Chris Dobbs
Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi Track crashes Cubase when trying to edit

Sorry for the trouble. If you start a new empty project and load Halion Sonic SE2 in VST instruments, choose the Create a MIDI track, do you get the same crash?

Before Cubase 7.5, what other versions of Cubase did you have on the system. Do you have the problem in both Cubase 7.5.2 in 32 bit and 64 bit?
by Chris Dobbs
Tue May 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: using older versions of cubase

A Cubase 7.5 license can open Cubase 5, as long as you have installed the latest eLCC from http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

Happy Recording!
by Chris Dobbs
Wed May 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent only loads one Kit

Do you have both "discs" loaded (this is one of the reasons we ask for the full screen shot so we can see what is on the system)? Go to the 2nd .iso and load it. Then are you able to advance the installer? If not, install manually from the 2nd .iso.
by Chris Dobbs
Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why are tracks displayed backwards in mixer?

Please update to 7.5.2 from http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... se_75.html

Does the problem the persist there? Thank you.
by Chris Dobbs
Fri May 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shortcuts don't work

Are you referring to the Key Commands not working or the actual Menu options being greyed out?

If the Key Commands are not working, the most common issue is that you have turned on the Virtual Keyboard. Go to Devices, Virtual Keyboard, and then it should no longer be active in your Transport bar.

If the Menu commands are greyed out, the reason is generally that nothing is selected that can perform that function. Start a new empty project and record two audio files. Have them overlap each other, then select them both (CTRL/Command-A will Select All...if your Key Commands are now working), then select Crossfade. Are you able to crossfade the two files?
by Chris Dobbs
Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unable to Export as MP3 and Unable to Import FLAC

What version and build of Cubase do you have installed? What operating system are you on? Are you able to export/import .wav files?
by Chris Dobbs
Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 4

Cubase 4 has been discontinued for several years and is not supported for 10.9 (particularly since 10.9 changed the Core2ASIO functions for audio). I would suggest upgrading to Cubase 7.5 for use on 10.9.

10.5 was the last version for Cubase 4: http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_c4&L=1
by Chris Dobbs
Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lots of VSTs not working in Cubase Elements 7

I would suggest checking with those plugin manufacturers to verify their setup and version support for your system. If they are not 64 bit, I would suggest running them in Cubase Elements 7 32 bit.
by Chris Dobbs
Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (SOLVED) Unable to Export as MP3 and Unable to Import FL

If you have a license for the MP3 encoder, you should not need to purchase it again (just FYI for anyone else reading this).

I'm glad to hear you found a solution to your issue, happy recording!
by Chris Dobbs
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: audio record ur-44 & cubase 7.5

This will generally depend on your headphones. You may want to try something like the Extreme Iso headphones from Direct Sound http://www.extremeheadphones.com/

At times I've also switched to using in-ear buds to cut down on the leakage. In truly desperate situations I'd say to throw in ear buds, and if they are leaking, throw over-ear headphones (not connected) on over them to try cut down on the leakage from the ear buds. I hope this is helpful and happy recording!
by Chris Dobbs
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion Sonic installation.

I would expect all you should need to do is install from the 2 DVD's for HS2. If you do not have HS2 discs, I would suggest submitting a support request in your MySteinberg account and your local support can send you links for them. I hope this information is helpful.
by Chris Dobbs
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Change of velocity does not change volume at all

What virtual instrument are you using? If the velocity in the MIDI event is not changing the volume, the next option would be to control the volume of the virtual instrument itself (but this would require automation to make the changes variable in the project).
by Chris Dobbs
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 5 Missing Plugins

The SX3 plugins would not be 64 bit and the OS would need to still support Power PC for them to even have a chance at working. They are not designed to work in C5 and I would not expect any of them to work in C5.

Personally, I would suggest either completing the mix in your old SX3 system or mixing in C5 with the new plugins (which I do think sound much better than the SX3 ones did). I'd also suggest using presets to help you save time on loading replacement plugins.
by Chris Dobbs
Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 5.5.3 & Mavericks Problem

Cubase 5 has been discontinued for several years and is not officially support for 10.9. Personally I would recommend upgrading to 7.5 for use on 10.9.

On C5 with a retina display, I would suggest going to Applications, selecting Cubase and pressing Command-i to open the Get Info. Check the option to "Open in Low Resolution".
by Chris Dobbs
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soft eLicenser for Cubase 7.5 please!

Cubase Artist 7.5 and Cubase 7.5 (and Nuendo, Wavelab, most of our VSTi's, etc) require the license to be placed on an eLicenser USB key (dongle). They are not currently available to be transferred to internal Soft eLicensers. Once a license has been placed on an eLicenser USB key, it can only be transferred to another eLicesner USB key (not an SeL).

I certainly understand your request. The upside of the physical key is that it allows you to install on as many computers as you would like, while allowing Steinberg to maintain license security. Personally, I hope that in the future we can offer our top level products as SeL licenses, but there are many logistics that need to be worked out for that to be successful for both the customer experience and maintaining license security (from programming to policy decisions about verifying deactivations, how many reactivations, etc).

I travel with mine everyday from home and the office (along with my iLok, my SSL key, and jump drives), so I use this to keep them together http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-JDS-6-Shuttle-6-Capacity-Black/dp/B0009Y7AX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405601547&sr=8-1&keywords=case+logic+usb+case

I hope this information is helpful and appreciate your feedback on the licensing!
by Chris Dobbs
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yamaha MX61 with Cubase 5

The MX61 was released after Cubase 5, so you may not be able to use the remote script from it. If you go to the Plus (+) symbol at the top left, do you see the Yamaha MX (or KX) as an option for the remote? If so, select it, set your MIDI in/out for it, and you should be all set.

If you do not see it (and you have installed the latest MX drivers), I would suggest using Generic Remote. If that is the case I would highly recommend checking out the manual on Remote Devices and Generic Remote because it will explain how to setup the desired parameters.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you still have trouble and I will do my best to help!
by Chris Dobbs
Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic