Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: No sound coming from computer

If I could jump in here? I have a Gigbyte MB that has the Realtek audio card on it. This is a fairly intrusive sound card, constantly fighting for control of the output audio. In my case - and in the case of everyone I know who has the Realtek on their MB - the solution to creating a DAW that swaps the outboard audio device for any and all programs at initiation is to turn Realtek off in the Bios. This is easy to do, open the Bios and find the device: 'Auzula' and turn it off (this is the Realtek soundcard). This will turn off the Realtek device and leave you with only the outboard sound device.

So, like Chris says, find a good outboard device and install it's drivers. At this point you will also need to open Win7 sound device window and choose the new device and the stereo inputs and outputs you wish to be primary for you computer.

BTW, you may think it odd to turn off the onboard sound device when it seems to have some interesting features. Believe me, all of these features will not give you a quality DAW. Using Cubase in the manner it was intended requires a proper external interface device.
by mr.roos
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madiabay output

Chris - he is talking about Master Buss - not bass..!

And I think he is merely doubling output when he says things are louder (by not disabling the mains when going through the CR). Perhaps you could point him to the manual pages or a KB article that explains things better (with pictures would be best)... I'm not at my main machine right now... :-)

Good luck..!
by Puma0382
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mastering a podcast

@Chris, great starting tips!
{'-'}
by curteye
Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5 crashes on startup

Don't know if you're having the same problem with starting up as described here

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=62205

but try opening in 32 bit, go to Preferences then go to the General option. You'll see a checkbox to disable Steinberg Hub. Deselect it then close out Nuendo and retry opening in 64 bit.

Thanks!

Darren "You've Lost That Hubbin' Feelin'" Ingram
by Darren The Musical
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to turn off auto highlight?

Try a macro:

Edit - Delete
Edit - Select None
by stingray
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanishing tempo and signature tracks

As an update, I've discovered how to reproduce this issue. I run both Cubase AI and the full version. Since these tracks aren't supported in AI, if you save a project created in the full version in AI, it alters the project file so that these tracks will never again be visible, even in the full version.

It was pointed out to me by GC that this is stated functionality, i.e. saving projects in a limited version turns off the unsupported features. I've asked him to submit an enhancement request to fix this in the next update of AI 7.0x as, stated or otherwise, I feel that altering the project so that the full license version loses functionality amounts to data loss. For people like me who use both systems, it means I'm always one accidental save away from project corruption.

My thinking is that a limited version should limit the funcationality rather than preventing the full version from providing it.

Anyway, since I've discovered how to reproduce the problem and also have received feedback on it, i wanted to follow up here for the benefit of any others who might encounter this.

Thanks as always to the SB support folks and their rapid responses.
by ChrisDuncan
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 freezing when opening plugin GUI

Hello GoranGrooves,

I just checked here with 128 instances running (1.4.0 Demo, 512 buffer size, VST Performance around 30%) and was unable to see the behaviour you describe.
Also operating the GUI didn't bring up any heavy spikes. When moving around the GUI, it was not really smooth, this might be due to the plug-in not being updated recently - 1.5.0 is still a beta, are you running this version or 1.4.0?

Did you already attempt to re-install the plug-in? I would also check the system driver's update status and perhaps different GPU driver revisions.
[Edit: corrected typo]

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Massive Cubase Folder on hard drive

So I'm thinking I can just keep doing what I've been doing (saving a project in Mike's Projects) but then when I'm done save the new project and relevant audio files in it's new folder and delete the rest.
It's better to start with a new subdirectory in Mike's Projects, and point Cubase to this new directory when starting a new project (best done from a template). That way, all relevant files are already where you want them and mistakes can be prevented. Also file names make more sense that way - i.s.o. a new guitar track being called 'Guitar_05' because in other projects there were 4 completely different guitar takes. By using 'remove unused files' and deleting them via Trash, you make sure that you remain with anything that's used in the project, and when done you can move the whole directory to a backup drive.
by Arjan P
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cymbal Choke?

Aloha g,

Not exactly a real 'choke' but the C# crash cymbal in 'Dry Standard Kit'
will respond to the length of the MIDI note.

Get it down around 1/32 and it chokes up just fine.
Stretch the event out longer say a ½ note or whole note and it rings out just fine.

The sound (to my ears) is ok for a crash. YMMV.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]Cubase 7.5 buy?

Hello darios,

EDITED: I have found the information that you need :D

You have to contact the dealer in Slovenia, contact information bellow.
Intern Duhovnik
Address: Rozna Dolina, Cesta I/11
Ljubljana - Post code: 1000
Tel: +386 597 102 26
email: igor_dohovnik(at)gmx.yamaha.com

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's the tempo without the metronome ?

Depending upon the rhythmic (or not ;) ) nature of the source music, you should also investigate the Timewarp Tool, and the function "Merge Tempo from Tapping". Both of these are documented in the manual, and there are also many posts about them in these forums ;).
(NB: "Warp Tabs" and the "Timewarp Tool" are two completely different things ;) )
by vic_france
Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic