Search found 18 matches

Return

This looks good - VST rack

This caught my attention.
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

Anybody tried it already? Seems like a perfect solution for Cubase limited VST slots.
by sonicstate
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixing Headphones (Help ?)

AKG K 701 are my choice for mixing. http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail-eu/k-701.html

I have also Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Sennheiser HD 650, but AKG K 701 sound best to my ear, and are by far most comfortable on my head. They are open model and higher quality build than DT770 or HD650. Price is also quite fine, cca 180eur afaik.
by sonicstate
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixing Headphones (Help ?)

And, yes, I also use crossfed plugin while mixing on AKG K 701 phones. I use Redlime Monitor, http://www.112db.com/redline/monitor/ . Without such plugin mixing on headphones is impossible for me, balance is just all wrong without it. With plugin it is actually possible to balance instruments initially quite well. Of course you need to check it on several monitors later on, as usual. But with crossfed plugin you can get quite close. And sound is usually much better over headphones in the situation of small home studios.
by sonicstate
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Why should one waste years studying instruments, if one can do music just fine with chord track and virtual drummers and such. After all, music is for fun. If you get fun out of loops and phrases, why not?
I bet most Cubase users are not pros, but people who do music for hobby, for fun. Which doesn't mean they don't take it seriously. They just don't make big buck out of it.
Actually, btw, those who use Cubase to make money should never complain about prices - even one session should cover your Cubase license. If it doesn't, that is not really pro. Pro means profession, profit. For pros Cubase is dirt cheap. But for hobbyists it is quite expensive. Those who complain about price are not pros, even one microphone costs more than Cubase license, and what can you do with one mic anyway... I dare saying that Cubase is hobby software, which is being used by pros too, at their own risk.
For hobby fun, Cubase is very capable and quite stable, and I like the direction it is going in, chord track and virtual musicians and so on. Using Cubase makes you feel you have a good machine in your hands, makes you feel like a real pro :)
by sonicstate
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: cubase 7 dont reed rewire!!

forthwith wrote:Open the slave program first.

Not so, first master, then slave. If you rewire Reason, first run Cubase, then Reason, then enable reason device inputs and rewire tracks will appear in Cubase. That's all there is to it.
by sonicstate
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - and Cubase 7.5 still does not recognize a USB-dev

It is bad programming on Cubase part. Even Fruity Loops recognizes USB device automatically when turned on while program is already running. If other DAWs can do this, surely Cubase could, if someone would program it that way. Maybe some day they will. But don't blame it on Windows or PC, because all other DAWs recognize new USB just fine without restarting. Cubase is so old in some areas....
by sonicstate
Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

+1
Very good update. IMO much better than going from 6.5 to 7.0. New Groove Agent is terrific, just beyond expectations.
by sonicstate
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bitwig - competition is great

Tried Bitwig, it is wonderful. Will certainly use it more than Cubase, buying it no doubt. It has everything I was requesting from Steinberg to implement in Cubase. Perfect creation tool. Cubase will still be used here for mixing final tracks, but creation process will move to Bitwig. Super fast, super smooth, great sounding. It is just too good for me to not use it. Great DAW!
by sonicstate
Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bitwig - competition is great

I don' t think Bitwig has official forum.
by sonicstate
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Car analogies are very good. If I buy a car, I expect it to drive nicely. Surely I don't want it to freeze and turn off itself suddenly here and there. Probably they make them reliable, because they know there will be no chance for bug fixes. If there are bugs in a car, the whole series will get a bad name, probably the whole company too, and they will be soon out of business. But if cars could be updated with bug fixes, then I bet they would be half reliable too, just as software.
by sonicstate
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [FR] Plugin container for inserts

Freddie H, Nomad Factory Magma cannot load Cubase track presets the way Steinberg native plugin will. Although it will load it's own presets for sure... So it is not exactly what I hope for.
Besides, I do not want another 3rd party plugin. Like reverb, there are plenty of 3rd party reverbs, still Steinberg is adding new reverbs, impulse and algorithmic.
It would be nice to have such plugin integrated in Cubase. It is convenient to have such plugin-wrapper integrated, to avoid all kinds of compatibility problems from version to version.
by sonicstate
Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Generic Remote needs updating

Generic remote is still not covering basic functions of channel strip like lo/hi pass. And there are other channel strip functions that need to be included in generic remote. I was hoping this will be done in 7.5. Any plans on this?
by sonicstate
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 before end of 2014?

Steinberg admins are quite absent from this forum. I suspect they developed quite a "thick skin" as result of all bug reports and feature requests in this forum. I'd say they will go their own way, no matter the complaining here. Some bugs will never be fixed, just move on. If Cubase is not out regularly, they have financial minus. I doubt they can afford not putting new versions out in these times. For them new version is a source of income.
Like in studio, you cannot afford to polish every song to perfection, at one time it has to go out, no matter if this or that could still be improved. Like our songs are never really finished, similarly Cubase will never really be finished. New versions must come out to pay the bills.
by sonicstate
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is i7-4770K integrated graphics enough for Cubase?

There are regular connectors on the mobo. Just like with integrated graphics.
by sonicstate
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In your hypothetical setup, it is true, you could drive 5 monitors. But I don't think i7 MB has additional onboard GPU. At least my ASUS doesn't. Those connectors on the back od i7 MBs are for CPU integrated GPU. Best check chipset details for your MB.
by sonicstate
Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks, and just so I understand- how does a CPU w/ integrated graphics relate to a MB with on board graphics?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1795959/mobo-onboard-graphics-cpu-integrated.html

>> Back in the day, some motherboards would come with an integrated GPU into the south bridge chipset, usually a very basic intel or amd or nvidia one. It would allow surfing and that was it. it was mostly for people who didn't have a GPU.

Eventually they started to add GPU's right to the CPU to make whats called an APU. This allows the graphics to run better since they are right with the CPU, they can share the memory controller at the lowest level, send info back to the CPU the fastest possible way, etc. Intel has it in their latest i3/i5/i7 series of chips, usually being the 2000/3000/4000 series with respect to better chips have a better GPU. The intel ones allow for HD video, HD youtube, etc and that's about it. They are still no good for gaming.

AMD has their APU series, the A4, A6, A8, A10 series. Their built on GPU is far better than intels. AMD is a graphics card company and has the experience to add it to the CPU and you can actually do some basic gaming on them as well as full HD video, etc. For a basic PC that is going to be surfing, online video, watching , etc, I like the AMD A-series chips. I've built about a dozen of them for older people, basic surfing users, etc and none of them have had any problems with the use they use it for. A few were even surpirsed when their kids or grandkids wanted to use the PC and play a game or two and it played and they only bought a basic system.
by sonicstate
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CPU's integrated graphics will give you up to 3 displays. It is not on expense of latency. It is as if you had dedicated graphic card, only this time it is already built in the CPU.
In your case, with 4 screens, you could run 2 screens from internal HD 4600, and two from your single 8600GT.
by sonicstate
Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Render in place, multiple files??

Yes, you can render separate tracks, all to multiple tracks, or submix to single track. Also you can render separate clips on one track into multiple clips, in blocks or into just one continuous clip. It can even render sends, if you want. I'm positively surprised about it. It is a bit slow though, it takes time for it to move from clip to clip. But it is fun to watch new tracks popping up :)
by sonicstate
Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic